American Floral Reviews

87 | Irmo, SC

87 Reviews for American Floral

Stacy · Getting married on 02/19/2022

Scott is hands down the best florist EVER!!!!! He was such a blast to work with. He had previously done my older sister's wedding and I loved his floral arrangements from her wedding. Although I went in a completely different direction from what my sister did, Scott made it happen. Being a huge Gamecock fan like myself, he helped us incorporate some garnet into our floral arrangements. I must have met with Scott 5 or 6 different times because I was constantly changing or tweaking what we wanted. Scott never complained and actually would make a suggestion that would turn out better than I had expected. He definitely went above and beyond on our wedding day as well. I still have people calling us talking about how beautiful our flowers were and the arrangement in the center of the tent. Scott you were amazing and such a blast to work with. Thank you for making our wedding so beautiful

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • Emma

Emma D. · Getting married on 02/05/2022

Above & Beyond

I have been planning my wedding for the past 16 months to take place in May of 2020. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we have had to postpone. Scott was so flexible and willing to work with us during this difficult time. Scott was one of the first vendors to say he would be wherever I needed him to be on whatever day. This made rescheduling so much less stressful. I cannot say enough positive things about American Floral, from the planning stage, to now the rescheduling phase. We are looking forward to working with them in May of 2021!!

Sent on 04/01/2020

American Floral's reply:

SO sorry that you are having to deal with such things. It's the least WE can do to help take as much stress off of YOU as we can.
    WE too are looking forward to May 2021 !!!
  • Abby

Abby B. · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Gorgeous Florals!

Scott made working at an unfamiliar venue (I am a wedding planner based out of Charleston, SC) such a breeze. He attended our site visit prior to the wedding, and had such wonderful suggestions on ideas to utilize the space. We had a number of last minute changes in the floral needs, and Scott was so incredibly accommodating. The florals he + his team produced were absolutely gorgeous, and just what my couple was looking for! They were such showstoppers. I was so appreciative of how easy he made things for myself and my clients. Would absolutely recommend!!

Sent on 01/16/2021
  • Alison

Alison · Getting married on 09/10/2021

Scott Jones is the most amazing florist. He has worked with me to give my ideas vision while incorporating my budget. Cant wait to see what he comes up with on our big day! The flowers were amazing!

Sent on 12/13/2015
  • Julie

Julie H. · Married on 06/14/2021

Love American Floral

American Floral provided the Flowers for both of my kids' weddings! Scott Jones knows his stuff! He was very accomodating, listened to us and came through with beautiful flowers! I thank him and his staff for providing us the best service!

Sent on 06/14/2021

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Julie !! It is one of my greatest honors to help with families life events...and them become family !! You are now that !! We wish you much happiness and success !! (And Grandbabies !!) Please keep in touch !!
  • Stacy

Stacy H. · Married on 03/23/2021

Scott is a gem

I planned our small wedding at the Lace House remotely from St. Louis. After not getting helpful responses from other local florists, Scott was incredibly welcoming and supportive in our email conversations. He spent time getting to know my tastes and vision for my bouquet and was always willing to answer my questions or make adjustments as needed. He was so easy to work with and I trusted his keen sense of style to create a bouquet that would beautifully complement the other colors and style of our wedding. I was in love with my bouquet from the moment I saw it. Fresh, vibrant and full, it perfectly captured what I had envisioned. The fresh-cut flowers for several guests were also beautifully appointed. I absolutely recommend American Floral and could not be happier with Scott’s execution. His humor, patience and knowledge really stood out and it will be a joy to work with him for any of your floral needs.

Sent on 04/24/2021

American Floral's reply:

I am choking up....You are too kind and thoughtful Stacy ! We ONLY want to make people happy...I am SO glad we did that for YOU and thrilled you came and now call Columbia Home !!! You have a friend in the flower business !!
  • Megan

Megan N. · Married on 03/13/2021

Such a great experience!!

Working with Lynn and the team was a dream come true. They helped capture my vision perfectly! Not only were they instrumental with the flowers but they also were very helpful with the overall decor and theme for the wedding. It was so great and arguably my favorite vendor I worked with for my wedding!

Sent on 03/17/2021

American Floral's reply:

CONGRATULATIONS Megan !! Thanks for the great review...especially from someone laying on the beach on their honeymoon !! We think Lynn is amazing too...but it's always wonderful to hear from our brides !! Thanks for being SO fantastic !!!
  • Marie

Marie R. · Married on 12/30/2020

Marie Russ Smith, Bride

It’s impossible to put into words just how amazing and talented Scott and American Floral are at what they do. I am extremely detailed and was even more so that way when it came to my wedding. I knew what looked I wanted, and from my very first meeting with Scott, I was sure he would deliver. From my bridal portrait bouquet to the rehearsal dinner florals to the wedding and reception, Scott and his team made every single one of my dreams come true. I can’t tell you how many people have reached out wanting to know who was responsible for my florals. I’ve even had people that weren’t invited to the wedding reach because they have either seen pictures or heard from someone who was there just how gorgeous the florals were. Scott understood from the beginning how detailed I am, so prior to leaving the ceremony and wedding venue, he came to see me so that we could do an entire walk through together. It meant so much to me. Scott is absolutely the person to hire for your wedding or event!

Sent on 01/08/2021

American Floral's reply:

I am seriously starting to tear up. I love it when someone know's what they want...because I want EVERY bride to have what THEY want !! The look on your face when you saw it all and the hug you gave me....that was Perfect !! We are SO happy for you Marie ! Thank you for trusting us to help make your day YOURS !! Hugs and Prayers for you all !!
  • Debbie

Debbie R. · Married on 12/30/2020

Debbie Russ mother of the bride

We had a life long friend that is a florist who was not well and could not do my daughter’s wedding. He had always planned to do her wedding. Scott was recommended to us and we could not have been happier. His flowers were absolutely beautiful. You must know her wedding was Wednesday Dec 30 so flowers had to come in the week before. Scott made it so I did not worry. He delivered plus. He made the wedding Magical. I would recommend him for any type of event or flower arrangement that you may need. He was a true “Blessing”. Thank you Scott and American Floral staff

Sent on 03/12/2021

American Floral's reply:

It was meant to be....now you have two life long friends in the flower business ! The blessing was ours !! Thank you for being SO wonderful and for your kind words !!
  • F

Forever C. · Married on 11/10/2020

Amazing Team

We enjoyed working with Scott and his team on a wedding this past weekend! His work is beautiful! The couple and their guest were in awe of the arrangements and decor Scott and his team designed! We look forward to working with American Floral in the future!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Anne

Anne J. · Married on 11/07/2020

Excellent Wedding Choice

Scott did an absolutely superb job with my daughter’s wedding on 7.11.2020. His color combination for bouquets was exactly what we had hoped for, and the church altar arrangements were gorgeous. After the church ceremony, the altar arrangements provided yet more beautiful décor for the reception. We faced many changes to our original plan due to Covid, and Scott met every obstacle with understanding and suggestions. American Floral is excellent to work with and provides beautiful flowers!

Sent on 08/05/2020

American Floral's reply:

Kind words are ALWAYS appreciated !! I'm blushing a bit....I usually say (because I'm an out-of-work comedian !)..."You wanted Pretty, Right ? That's what y'all said you wanted, so THAT is what you got ! "
    It is one of the highlights of my day when someone takes the time to say Thank You ! to my team and myself !! WE work VERY hard to make sure You get what YOU want ! Always nice to know that we nailed it !! Thanks again !!
  • Hailee

Hailee S. · Married on 10/23/2020

Gorgeous flowers!!!

I loved working with scott!! He was so easy to work with and knew exactly what I wanted! I loved all my flowers!! American floral does beautiful work!!

Sent on 10/31/2020

American Floral's reply:

WE are SO thrilled to have met y'all and been a part of Such a wonderful day !! CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes !! Can't wait to se the Photographers images !!
  • Lorin

Lorin B. · Married on 10/12/2020

American Floral MADE my wedding!!!

I worked with Scott from American Floral on the flowers for my wedding and it was literally one of the best decisions I could have made! Scott and his team go the extra mile to make sure their brides are taken care of, and the way they turned my vision into reality was literally magic! I felt was though I had stepped into one of my Pinterest photos! Every time I (or any of my guests, honestly) walked into the ballroom, my breath was taken away by the beauty of the floral arrangements! These guys are really top notch! I’m still getting calls and texts from guests asking me “Who did your flowers ?!?” I would honestly recommend Scott and his wonderful team for any event- they are fun, honest, and so so talented! Thank you all so much for making my day so special!

Sent on 11/05/2020

American Floral's reply:

I am actually tearing up reading this....
    Your taste was REALLY the driving factor in making your wedding YOUR wedding ! We just LISTENED to the Bride....and did what SHE wanted !! And what an AWESOME bride she was. Special times...with a special person. We were thrilled to she your wedding come together...but hate to see you go. PLEASE keep in touch ! The American Floral Family
  • Deri-Ann

Deri-Ann D. · Married on 09/04/2020

Stunning Flowers!

You cannot go wrong with American Floral. Scott and his team decorated my wedding venue beautifully. I was stunned at how they were able to capture my vision. I told them I wanted a blend of two bouquets I found online and the finish product was breathtaking. I'm so glad there were pictures because I want this bouquet to last forever. They took my dreams and made it a reality. The venue looked like a garden fairy tale with all of the bright beautiful colors.

Sent on 09/15/2020

American Floral's reply:

FRom start to finish, your taste and vision were clear...we just did what YOU wanted !! That's what we do....we listen and do what our brides want (what a concept huh ??! A business that does what you want ??). Deri-Ann, You are a RockStar among Rockstars !!! We wish you MUCH happiness and Love...FOREVER !! Can't wait to see the Professional Pictures !!
  • Krystal

Krystal H. · Married on 08/15/2020

So beautiful!

I found American Floral at a Bridal expo that I attended in June 2019 and fell in love with their designs. They were so unique and elegant which was the exact look I was going for the wedding. During the consultation, we met with Scott Jones and he was simply amazing. He was professional, funny, and knowledgeable. I trusted him to ensure my vision came to life! Before the guests arrived I got the chance to see the floral arrangements as well as my BEAUTIFUL bouquet. I was overly emotional. It was simply beautiful. If you’re looking for a reasonably priced, professional florist, be sure to contact them! They will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 09/21/2020

American Floral's reply:

And if you are looking for a wonderful person and friend...Look no further than Krystal Hanson !! And what a BEAUTIFUL Bride !!!
    It was SO much fun helping you with your day sweet lady !! I can't wait to see the pictures !!!!
  • Courtney

Courtney C. · Married on 05/02/2020

Literally Scott and his team are the best!

Scott and the whole team at American Floral are absolutely phenomenal. Their work is fantastic and their willingness to go above and beyond just can’t be beat. I had my wedding date planned almost a year ago for beginning of May and American Floral had been working with me on it along the way. With the virus going around, and having so many elderly and out of town guests, unfortunately we had to postpone. American Floral was checking on me the whole way! Not just about wedding details, but also how I was feeling with all of it. They really care about you and want you to have the best experience possible! I’ve talked to other brides who have used other companies and they always say they wished they would have had the service that American Floral provides. I’ve now updated my wedding day and they are going out of their way to accommodate my new date. I’m so glad I went with them and will recommend them 100% to anyone needing a florist!

Sent on 04/01/2020

American Floral's reply:

SUCH kindness from SUCH a sweet person !! Your WEDDING was AMAZING !!!! We are SO happy for both of you....Thank you SO much for your sweet words and Thank you for letting us help make it all happen !! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
  • Hannah

Hannah R. · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Perfect Perfect

Scott is so knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was envisioning when we had our meetings. The most professional in the business by far.

Sent on 10/13/2019

American Floral's reply:

We are SO thrilled for you Hannah !!! Your words are SO kind as is your heart !! Thanks for your feedback and pictures...can't wait to see the rest !! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
  • Parris

Parris B. · Married on 09/11/2019

They go above and beyond and are super helpful, always!

We love the "flower man"! I am the owner of a local wedding planning business (Eventfully Chic by Parris) and I am more than happy to recommend American Floral for any floral needs. Response times are fast, customer service is superior, and the flowers - oh - just wait until you see the flowers that they deliver! You can't go wrong with American Floral! They go above and beyond and are super helpful, always!

Sent on 09/21/2020

American Floral's reply:

Well planned and perfectly executed ...That was a Beautiful wedding in a great space for an awesome bride !! Thanks for the Kind words Parris !! Looking forward to our next wedding together !

Joan L. · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing Floral Experience!

Lynn was a joy to work with at my daughter's wedding. She helped with suggestions and took my daughter's vision and made it a reality! Everything turned out even better than we ever could have dreamed and we are beyond pleased with American Floral. We felt the pricing was very fair also. Thanks, Lynn!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Claire

Claire D. · Married on 05/04/2019

Fun To Work With!

Of all my vendors, I enjoyed planning with Scott the most!! He was so energetic, lively, and fun to work with. He was extremely open to my ideas and listened diligently. We bounced ideas back and forth between what I envisioned and what he could execute. He was very flexible about working with my budget and making the most we could out of my money. He helped me navigate the tough decisions like where to spend my money, focusing on the areas people see the most to get the most bang for my buck. He had tons of pictures to show me from past weddings at my venue, which was great when getting ideas of what I wanted. On my wedding day, I had NO worries whatsoever; I knew he would handle everything flawlessly, which he did. I am so thankful I let him and his crew do all the flowers-- looking back, I can't imagine trying to conquer this task on my own or with family and friends' help. The florals were gorgeous and made the ceremony and reception so special! I would recommend Scott and American Floral to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2019

American Floral's reply:

You sure know how to brighten The FlowerMan's day !! YOU are one of the reasons I LOVE what I do !!! Thank YOU so much for being SO awesome to Help !! Listening is the key to making a bride happy....listening and doing what she wants !! MUCH Happiness and success in your future...and PLEASE keep in touch !!!!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey P. · Married on 04/27/2019

The MAN, Scott Jones!

American Floral is the absolute best of the best of Columbia South Carolina flowers! I would love to say I had my wedding flowers all planned out in my head, but poor Scott Jones had to deal with my “let’s use blue flowers... maybe like this, but I don’t really know” attitude. To say Scott brought a fairy tale to life would be an understatement. The flowers were even more beautiful than I ever could have dreamed of. Not only did he create incredible arrangements for our table, he created an extraordinary chuppah adorned with the most beautiful flowers. He even coordinated the flowers for my cake effortlessly. I would choose Scott again and again for flowers and recommend him to absolutely everyone. If this wasn’t convincing enough, my sister lives in Maryland and she has already decided that Scott will be coming up to Maryland to do her flowers at her wedding someday! That’s how much we LOVE Scott!!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 01/05/2019

Perfect Wedding Flowers

Scott and the staff at American Floral were amazing. My Husband and I live in Hawaii but had our wedding in Columbia because our families live in SC. We wanted to tie in Hawaii with our flowers and it turned out beautifully!

Sent on 01/22/2019

American Floral's reply:

Thanks SO Much Morgan !! And we did it all by phone and email !! You are a stunning Bride and a very special person...CONGRATULATIONS !! And thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience !!
  • Samantha

Samantha B. · Married on 12/08/2018

Easy, fun, and overall a wonderful experience

Scott and his team were so wonderful! Quick at responding to my questions and made sure the final product was going to be exactly what i wanted. It was actually better than i could have imagined. Scott is so down to earth and made my vision come to life! If you hire the right vendors like American Floral, you will truly enjoy every bit of the planning process and really enjoy your big day!

Sent on 12/27/2018

American Floral's reply:

You are SO kind and thoughtful....I really appreciate you taking the time to write this ! Your wedding was beautiful ...we are all SO happy for you !! Best wishes and we'll see you on the ball field !

Margo G. · Married on 11/13/2018

Amazing wedding flowers

I have to admit, the flowers were my only "wildcard" of all my planning for our daughter's wedding. I was a little nervous. I just could not envision what it would look like. Scott kept saying, "don't worry, I've got this", so I trusted him to do what he knows how to do. He did not disappoint!! The flowers were amazing, and jaw dropping gorgeous.

Sent on 11/13/2018

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much for the Kind words Margo !! You actually gave me everything I needed to "see" your vision; Seeing that...and implementing that, is what we do ! It's all about listening to what people want...asking the right questions, and caring enough to do it right ! We are Blessed in that we love WHAT we do and WHO we do it for !!

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

Lynn was absolutely astonishing!!!!! She took every last bit of information i told her and created the boquet of my dreams! She found me flowers I never knew even existed! They were amazing working with my baker directly so I had one less thing to stress about! I can’t say enough about Lynn!

Sent on 09/06/2018

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Andrea !!! We think she is pretty amazing too !! Thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts...it means SO much !!