American Floral Reviews

78 Reviews for American Floral

• Emma

Emma Dellert · Getting married on 02/05/2022

Above & Beyond

I have been planning my wedding for the past 16 months to take place in May of 2020. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we have had to postpone. Scott was so flexible and willing to work with us during this difficult time. Scott was one of the first vendors to say he would be wherever I needed him to be on whatever day. This made rescheduling so much less stressful. I cannot say enough positive things about American Floral, from the planning stage, to now the rescheduling phase. We are looking forward to working with them in May of 2021!!

Sent on 04/01/2020

American Floral's reply:

SO sorry that you are having to deal with such things. It's the least WE can do to help take as much stress off of YOU as we can.
    WE too are looking forward to May 2021 !!!
  • Anne

Anne Jameson · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Excellent Wedding Choice

Scott did an absolutely superb job with my daughter’s wedding on 7.11.2020. His color combination for bouquets was exactly what we had hoped for, and the church altar arrangements were gorgeous. After the church ceremony, the altar arrangements provided yet more beautiful décor for the reception. We faced many changes to our original plan due to Covid, and Scott met every obstacle with understanding and suggestions. American Floral is excellent to work with and provides beautiful flowers!

Sent on 08/05/2020

American Floral's reply:

Kind words are ALWAYS appreciated !! I'm blushing a bit....I usually say (because I'm an out-of-work comedian !)..."You wanted Pretty, Right ? That's what y'all said you wanted, so THAT is what you got ! "
    It is one of the highlights of my day when someone takes the time to say Thank You ! to my team and myself !! WE work VERY hard to make sure You get what YOU want ! Always nice to know that we nailed it !! Thanks again !!
  • Deri-Ann

Deri-Ann Dixon · Married on 09/04/2020

Stunning Flowers!

You cannot go wrong with American Floral. Scott and his team decorated my wedding venue beautifully. I was stunned at how they were able to capture my vision. I told them I wanted a blend of two bouquets I found online and the finish product was breathtaking. I'm so glad there were pictures because I want this bouquet to last forever. They took my dreams and made it a reality. The venue looked like a garden fairy tale with all of the bright beautiful colors.

Sent on 09/15/2020

American Floral's reply:

FRom start to finish, your taste and vision were clear...we just did what YOU wanted !! That's what we do....we listen and do what our brides want (what a concept huh ??! A business that does what you want ??). Deri-Ann, You are a RockStar among Rockstars !!! We wish you MUCH happiness and Love...FOREVER !! Can't wait to see the Professional Pictures !!
  • Krystal

Krystal Hanson · Married on 08/15/2020

So beautiful!

I found American Floral at a Bridal expo that I attended in June 2019 and fell in love with their designs. They were so unique and elegant which was the exact look I was going for the wedding. During the consultation, we met with Scott Jones and he was simply amazing. He was professional, funny, and knowledgeable. I trusted him to ensure my vision came to life! Before the guests arrived I got the chance to see the floral arrangements as well as my BEAUTIFUL bouquet. I was overly emotional. It was simply beautiful. If you’re looking for a reasonably priced, professional florist, be sure to contact them! They will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 09/21/2020

American Floral's reply:

And if you are looking for a wonderful person and friend...Look no further than Krystal Hanson !! And what a BEAUTIFUL Bride !!!
    It was SO much fun helping you with your day sweet lady !! I can't wait to see the pictures !!!!
  • Courtney

Courtney Cogdill · Married on 05/02/2020

Literally Scott and his team are the best!

Scott and the whole team at American Floral are absolutely phenomenal. Their work is fantastic and their willingness to go above and beyond just can’t be beat. I had my wedding date planned almost a year ago for beginning of May and American Floral had been working with me on it along the way. With the virus going around, and having so many elderly and out of town guests, unfortunately we had to postpone. American Floral was checking on me the whole way! Not just about wedding details, but also how I was feeling with all of it. They really care about you and want you to have the best experience possible! I’ve talked to other brides who have used other companies and they always say they wished they would have had the service that American Floral provides. I’ve now updated my wedding day and they are going out of their way to accommodate my new date. I’m so glad I went with them and will recommend them 100% to anyone needing a florist!

Sent on 04/01/2020

American Floral's reply:

SUCH kindness from SUCH a sweet person !! Your WEDDING was AMAZING !!!! We are SO happy for both of you....Thank you SO much for your sweet words and Thank you for letting us help make it all happen !! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
  • Hannah

Hannah Rimmer · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect Perfect Perfect

Scott is so knowledgeable and knew exactly what I was envisioning when we had our meetings. The most professional in the business by far.

Sent on 10/13/2019

American Floral's reply:

We are SO thrilled for you Hannah !!! Your words are SO kind as is your heart !! Thanks for your feedback and pictures...can't wait to see the rest !! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
  • Parris

Parris Balazs · Married on 09/11/2019

They go above and beyond and are super helpful, always!

We love the "flower man"! I am the owner of a local wedding planning business (Eventfully Chic by Parris) and I am more than happy to recommend American Floral for any floral needs. Response times are fast, customer service is superior, and the flowers - oh - just wait until you see the flowers that they deliver! You can't go wrong with American Floral! They go above and beyond and are super helpful, always!

Sent on 09/21/2020

American Floral's reply:

Well planned and perfectly executed ...That was a Beautiful wedding in a great space for an awesome bride !! Thanks for the Kind words Parris !! Looking forward to our next wedding together !

Joan Leaphart · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing Floral Experience!

Lynn was a joy to work with at my daughter's wedding. She helped with suggestions and took my daughter's vision and made it a reality! Everything turned out even better than we ever could have dreamed and we are beyond pleased with American Floral. We felt the pricing was very fair also. Thanks, Lynn!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Claire

Claire deRoos · Married on 05/04/2019

Fun To Work With!

Of all my vendors, I enjoyed planning with Scott the most!! He was so energetic, lively, and fun to work with. He was extremely open to my ideas and listened diligently. We bounced ideas back and forth between what I envisioned and what he could execute. He was very flexible about working with my budget and making the most we could out of my money. He helped me navigate the tough decisions like where to spend my money, focusing on the areas people see the most to get the most bang for my buck. He had tons of pictures to show me from past weddings at my venue, which was great when getting ideas of what I wanted. On my wedding day, I had NO worries whatsoever; I knew he would handle everything flawlessly, which he did. I am so thankful I let him and his crew do all the flowers-- looking back, I can't imagine trying to conquer this task on my own or with family and friends' help. The florals were gorgeous and made the ceremony and reception so special! I would recommend Scott and American Floral to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2019

American Floral's reply:

You sure know how to brighten The FlowerMan's day !! YOU are one of the reasons I LOVE what I do !!! Thank YOU so much for being SO awesome to Help !! Listening is the key to making a bride happy....listening and doing what she wants !! MUCH Happiness and success in your future...and PLEASE keep in touch !!!!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Peller · Married on 04/27/2019

The MAN, Scott Jones!

American Floral is the absolute best of the best of Columbia South Carolina flowers! I would love to say I had my wedding flowers all planned out in my head, but poor Scott Jones had to deal with my “let’s use blue flowers... maybe like this, but I don’t really know” attitude. To say Scott brought a fairy tale to life would be an understatement. The flowers were even more beautiful than I ever could have dreamed of. Not only did he create incredible arrangements for our table, he created an extraordinary chuppah adorned with the most beautiful flowers. He even coordinated the flowers for my cake effortlessly. I would choose Scott again and again for flowers and recommend him to absolutely everyone. If this wasn’t convincing enough, my sister lives in Maryland and she has already decided that Scott will be coming up to Maryland to do her flowers at her wedding someday! That’s how much we LOVE Scott!!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 01/05/2019

Perfect Wedding Flowers

Scott and the staff at American Floral were amazing. My Husband and I live in Hawaii but had our wedding in Columbia because our families live in SC. We wanted to tie in Hawaii with our flowers and it turned out beautifully!

Sent on 01/22/2019

American Floral's reply:

Thanks SO Much Morgan !! And we did it all by phone and email !! You are a stunning Bride and a very special person...CONGRATULATIONS !! And thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience !!
  • Samantha

Samantha Baird · Married on 12/08/2018

Easy, fun, and overall a wonderful experience

Scott and his team were so wonderful! Quick at responding to my questions and made sure the final product was going to be exactly what i wanted. It was actually better than i could have imagined. Scott is so down to earth and made my vision come to life! If you hire the right vendors like American Floral, you will truly enjoy every bit of the planning process and really enjoy your big day!

Sent on 12/27/2018

American Floral's reply:

You are SO kind and thoughtful....I really appreciate you taking the time to write this ! Your wedding was beautiful ...we are all SO happy for you !! Best wishes and we'll see you on the ball field !

Margo Goldberg · Married on 11/13/2018

Amazing wedding flowers

I have to admit, the flowers were my only "wildcard" of all my planning for our daughter's wedding. I was a little nervous. I just could not envision what it would look like. Scott kept saying, "don't worry, I've got this", so I trusted him to do what he knows how to do. He did not disappoint!! The flowers were amazing, and jaw dropping gorgeous.

Sent on 11/13/2018

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much for the Kind words Margo !! You actually gave me everything I needed to "see" your vision; Seeing that...and implementing that, is what we do ! It's all about listening to what people want...asking the right questions, and caring enough to do it right ! We are Blessed in that we love WHAT we do and WHO we do it for !!

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2018

Lynn was absolutely astonishing!!!!! She took every last bit of information i told her and created the boquet of my dreams! She found me flowers I never knew even existed! They were amazing working with my baker directly so I had one less thing to stress about! I can’t say enough about Lynn!

Sent on 09/06/2018

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Andrea !!! We think she is pretty amazing too !! Thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts...it means SO much !!

Celeste · Married on 03/17/2018

Scott was amazing and asked for so much detail. Since our wedding was on St Pat’s I wanted the flower girl to have clovers instead of petals. I didn’t even consider that they would wilt but he delivered

Sent on 03/31/2018

American Floral's reply:

Thank You SOOOO much Celeste !! It was truly a pleasure and you were an amazingly beautiful Bride !!! OH !! We went back the following week to RR and Jas...the Floral piece over the dance floor looked almost PERFECT still...10 days later ! (I couldn't believe it !)

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2017

Scott was wonderful to work with and provided beautiful wedding flowers. He works within your budget and lends great creativity and expertise.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

If I could give Scott and his team a billion stars I would. Early on in my wedding planning I went into my first consultation with Scott with some vague ideas and a few photos off Pinterest and I can't even tell you how happy I was with the outcome. Scott was always very responsive, and when the day came, he had executed what I had in my mind perfectly. Somehow, he was able to take the image I had in my head and make it a reality. The flowers that were at my wedding looked like a million bucks, I could not have been happier! Scott is one of those people who is always happy to hear from you, and who makes you feel like family minutes after saying your first hellos! Work with these guys, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Bob · Married on 06/24/2017

Scott and his team were simply awesome. We used him for our sons rehearsal dinner and party and our daughter in law and her family used Scott for the wedding and reception. Scott and his team took a simple thought process and concept and turned both events into unbelievably beautiful. It was such a simple process to work with Scott and his team. Our consultations were simple and it felt like we had known Scott forever. We will look nowhere else when its time for us to look for a florist for our daughers wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Shawanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Mr. Jones is a nice man and i appreciate his services he has some amazing flowers and i know my wedding going to look nice and elegant.

Sent on 08/16/2016

kent · Married on 04/23/2017

Have had the privilege of ordering his flowers for mothers day, valentines, birthdays and funerals for over twenty years. Each and every time his creations have been the envy of each person viewing them. The pinnacle of he and his staffs performance was my once in a lifetime wedding. Scott and my wife combined their creative talents to use her vision and his artistic ability to make our Charleston wedding venue, the talk of the town. He and his staffs personal touch were evident from the smallest petal to the numerous breathtaking larger arrangements. The floral project was professionally performed with an emphasis on subtlety when requested and overwhelming arrangements when necessary. I wanted our day to be the best day of our life, so of course I chose American Floral!

Sent on 05/23/2017

American Floral's reply:

Good afternoon Kent !! Thank you SO much for the honor of being a part of such a wonderful Life event !! And for being such a fantastic customer !! The trust you placed in us does not go unnoticed ...and Thank You is not enough. We wish you much happiness and many MANY years of Bliss...God Bless you both !!

Natalie · Married on 04/15/2017

Scott was amazing. He respected my budget and provided gorgeous flowers for the ceremony. Not only that, he was a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend American Floral, you can't go wrong consulting with Scott.

Sent on 04/29/2017

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SO much Natalie !! You were fantastic to work with and your wedding was Stunning !!!

Makenzie · Married on 04/01/2017

We couldn't have picked a better florist for our wedding! Scott went over and beyond to make sure everything was PERFECT! The flowers were breathtaking and the service was excellent! I highly recommend using them for any event!

Sent on 07/18/2017

American Floral's reply:

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for the kind words !!! Folks like you make our job the best in the world !! Thanks again Makenzie !!

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Scott and his team at American Floral came to our rescue when my original florist fell through just a few weeks before our wedding!! I was scared to death, but I felt a huge sense of relief after talking to him for just a few minutes!! A few days after the initial meeting, he made my bouquet for my bridal portraits and it was stunning!! Scott made sure that we were on the same page and he kept in contact with us throughout the entire process! He took my vision and ran with it!! I was beyond happy with every single detail all the way down to the beautiful ribbons and pearls he added to my bouquet!!! If you want an experienced, trustworthy, amazing florist, I highly recommend Scott and his team at American Floral! I am so grateful that he was able to accommodate us within such a short notice and still treat us the same as every other client!!!! He made my dreams come true and our day wouldn't have been the same without the talent and professionalism of the staff at American Floral! Thank y'all so much for making our day one that we will never forget!!! xoxo - Amanda Briggs Welch

Sent on 10/18/2016

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2016

Scott Jones and American Floral were an absolute pleasure to work with from day one. Even though I was living in Colorado and planning my wedding in South Carolina, Scott made it so easy to communicate and really worked with me to help get a sense of my vision. And his execution of that vision was phenomenal - when I saw all of the bouquets/center piece displays, etc., it was clear that Scott knew exactly what I wanted even more than I did! The flowers tied in with all of the other decorations and the setting perfectly, and we could not have been happier with the final product. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/26/2016

adrianne · Married on 06/11/2016

American Floral came and conquered at my wedding!!!!! When I tell you I wanted a big beautiful ball of sunshine, they came and DELIEVERED. I LOVED my flowers and they were a big hit. Scott and his team were so accommodating, and I'm so happy I selected them for my big day. I promise you, you can trust your wedding in their hands and know you will get what you want and more. You guys rock!!!!!!! --- Adrianne ( 06-11-2016 Cobblestone Golf Club Park).

Sent on 06/29/2016