American Beauty Events Reviews

3 | Berkeley Heights, NJ

3 Reviews for American Beauty Events

Michela Brooks · Getting married on 06/04/2021

3.0

Good service, food and experience.

Last night was a spectacular evening for our 380 person event and the Embassy Suites did a wonderful job to help us make it happen. Congrats! A few quick mentions, thank you Chef Sabo, Prince, Patty, Sonia and Q. The night went very smoothly because of you all and your staffs. Prompt, attentive, friendly. Danielle was fabulous to work with. Thank you for making that happen.

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/06/2018

My wedding

It took me a bit to collect my thoughts and write this. I want to start with that I was the fifth wedding at this new venue. I’ll get straight to it and Iam only posting this review so no bride has to endure what I went through. The only good point about this venue is the embassy suites hotel is stunning , they really did such a great job with it. The rooms are stylish and really big (except for the “bridal suite” which is actually just a regular suite, nice looking but not big at all). The park is really nice and for brides who choose to get married there, (I didn’t) looks like it would be really nice. I booked this venue site unseen and was promised a fairy tale but was given a nightmare. Throughout the whole process our American beauty event planner did not keep In contact with us at all. We were always reaching out to her to find out what the status of the venue was, when we could see it finished etc. when it was finally finished we didn’t even get a call from her to let us know we just happened to take a drive past. Our taste testing was really good, the presentation was impeccable and the food was so good... to bad we didn’t get that the day of our wedding. They did go through a lot of management changes once the owner passed away. Day of wedding I didn’t see our planner at all, thinking everything that we discussed and signed off on would be in good hands I arrived at our cocktail hour only to find out our private room was not moved to another room because they booked a party and the other room across from the ballroom now also had some kind of party. Hotel guest with luggage were casually walking through my cocktail hour because there is a back entrance and was not closed off.. random guest of the hotel were just taking tours around the ballroom. We were told when signing that We would be the ONLY event going on that day. And That there would be staff making sure non guests were not able to enter or exit where the cocktail hour was. Also the map of the layout we had planned was completely scratched, my photo booth was in a corner of the ballroom when it was supposed to be outside of it and all my special tables were crammed into the one side so not everyone was able to sign the guest book. The food we were supposed to have was replaced behind our backs and my mom was so busy putting out fires that she missed the cake ceremony. The bar ran out of vodka even though we paid for too shelf liquor open bar. These are just a few of many things that went wrong and I could literally write a book on all the things we were promised and was not delivered. It’s heart wrenching that you work so hard to plan a perfect wedding and have a vision in your head and your excited only to be crying hysterically the next day. This is a once in a lifetime event and it should be handled appropriately. This was not at all. Which really sucked. Even though our guests said they had a good time, it is definitely something we will never forget. So for the hotel I give an B. American beauty gets a hard 0

Sent on 02/21/2019

American Beauty Events's reply:

Dear Christina,
    It is always important to hear the feedback from our guests. We are sorry that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations on such an important day. American Beauty at the Embassy Suites Berkeley Heights strives to make every event here a memorable one for our guests. All comments good and bad only help to make our venue better. Your feedback is not taken lightly and will be reviewed with the management team. Thank you for taking the time to send your review.