Amani Affairs Reviews

11 | Wilmington, NC

11 Reviews for Amani Affairs

Dj Merri · Married on 07/12/2021

Amazing Planner

Finding Amani Affairs was one of the best things we ever did. Jihan made the stressful process much easier. Amani Affairs treated us like one of her family members. She was willing to answer questions at 1 in the morning sometimes. Amani Affairs made our wedding the best wedding ever! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/20/2020

Amani Affairs's reply:

Thank you so much! I enjoyed working with you both throughout the process - you guys made it so much fun! It was my pleasure to be a part of your special day!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany T. · Married on 06/13/2021

Best Day EVER!!!!

Amani Affairs did an amazing job planning our wedding. We asked for month of planning plus decor and Jihan was with us each step of the way helping to ensure our Secret Garden wedding came to life. Everything was beautiful and our guests had an amazing time. My husband and I were extremely happy we chose Amani Affairs to plan our special day!

Sent on 07/24/2021
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/12/2020

Awesome Wedding planner

Jihan was fast in response time , and recognized areas I needed help on, when I didn't know. She was very personal and understood what I was looking for in a wedding !

Sent on 07/19/2020

Amani Affairs's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Sarah! It was a pleasure working with you. It's my goal to guide you through the process and make planning as smooth as possible.
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/14/2019

One of the best people you will ever meet

Due to COVID-19, we had to make different plans for our wedding. I had initially hired Jihan and her team to help with my wedding. Although I had only hired her for "day of" planning, she was so responsive, no matter when I reached out to her. She is the kindest, most thoughtful person I have ever had the joy of becoming acquainted with, and I will definitely recommend her to anyone looking a wedding planner.

Sent on 10/02/2020

Amani Affairs's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words. You are one of the sweetest people ever and although you had to make different plans due to COVID, I am so happy that you were brought into my life. We are dedicated to helping our couples have a smooth process, regardless of what level of service we are providing. We are so glad you could feel the love & care.
  • Cieara

Cieara S. · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Jihan and her assistant Logan did a PHENOMENAL job bring my visions to life! They were extremely professional and patient, as well as highly detail-oriented! She and Logan both ensured that every single detail was exactly as my husband and I requested. I honestly cannot say enough to commend Amani Affairs on a job MARVELOUSLY done!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Amani Affairs's reply:

Thanks so much! We had so much fun coordinating your beachfront wedding. Thank you for trusting Amani Affairs with your big day.

Jodi · Married on 11/04/2017

Jihan was hired as a "day of coordinator" and she earned and exceeded those 5 stars! She was knowledgeable, professional, kind, and very organized. Our daughter's wedding was everything we hoped it would be, thanks to Jihan. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Amani Affairs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jodi. It was an honor and a pleasure to coordinate your daughter's special day. I had a blast working with you and your family!

Diana · Married on 07/09/2016

“Amani Affairs leaves no stone unturned!”

Amani Affairs provided impeccable service for our wedding. They supported us from start to finish including: Engagement party planning, broad consultant services throughout the planning process, wedding vendor coordination and day-of coordination.

The company founder, Jihan, was a true God send! She provided great tools to navigate through tough portions during our planning process e.g. vendor selection, floral designs, finalizing the day of schedule etc. and she shared her wealth of experience to help us prioritize what was truly important to us.

Additionally, when things got hectic, everyone on the Amani Affairs team struck a perfect balance between listening as a neutral party and reminding us to focus us on the true purpose for the festivities...our union!

On the day of, the Amani Affairs team made sure that everything operated on time and went off without a hitch! I'm positive that our wedding would not have been as memorable, stress free and utterly amazing without the professionalism, guidance and support of their team.

I wholeheartedly recommend Jihan and the entire Amani Affairs team if you want your wedding activities to be executed so perfectly that you and your guests will talk about it for months!

Sent on 05/18/2017

K Joi · Married on 10/09/2010

Amani Affairs provided superb support on my wedding day and kept the day running smoothly. There was potential for flubs in seating and a possibility of interruptions to the ceremony due to the size of our wedding and that everything was timed to an almanac's prediction of the sunset but Jihan made sure that it worked. There were a lot of balls to juggle: demanding guests, outdoor ceremony seating before the sun set, plus 'guarding the dress' during outdoor photographer work (again, working fast before the sun set). She rendered photog support all while simultaneously making sure that the outdoor strings and pre-reception appetizers were served accordingly. There were little fires that she put out that I (as the bride) didn't even know about until I returned from the honeymoon. Amani Affairs is on speed dial for my next event.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Anya · Married on 12/06/2008

“Cayman Island Dream Come True”
    Unlike many women, I hadn’t thought much about my wedding before I got engaged. But once my fiancé proposed, I knew I wanted it to be a truly special celebration. Amani Affairs helped me create my vision, and then gave 110% to make it come true.

Amani Affairs made our destination beach wedding in the Cayman Islands a dream weekend. The team was fantastic. Jihan, in particular, was our superhero- tracking bridal party flights, coordinating welcome gifts for wedding guests staying at 5 different hotels, ensuring guests got special attention, planning a welcome beach party, and finally, creating a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception.

A few days before the wedding day, we got a surprise that we thought might ruin our wedding. Our wedding venue learned that a major jazz festival was being relocated to a beach property next door on our wedding day. Concert rehearsals were scheduled for the entire day! Jihan kept a level head and helped us resolve the situation. We negotiated with the jazz festival coordinators and set an earlier time for the wedding. Jihan then went above and beyond to ensure wedding guests knew about the new wedding time, and to ensure all our vendors would accommodate the new wedding time. Jihan had to work incredibly quick, be resourceful, and be attentive, in order to adapt all of our vendor arrangements with only 48 hours notice.

I should have known from working with Jihan during the months prior to the wedding that she would handle a curve ball well. She’d always been well prepared for any and everything. She is phenomenally organized with extreme attention to detail. Jihan also cares about finishing touches. Leading up to the wedding, her team worked long hours so that everything would be perfect.

Thanks to Amani Affairs, I had a wedding weekend that our family felt was special, personalized and memorable. I highly recommend Amani Affairs…they are the best!

-Anya C., Bride, Georgia

Sent on 03/04/2017
  • Rebecca

Rebecca H. · Married on 07/13/2019

A Dream Come True

My husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal. Jihan at Amani Affairs was so wonderfully helpful. Her knowledge, experience, organization, communication and resourcefulness ranked in the excellent category. Her calm, level personality provided a needed balance at stressful times. She has packages for a variety of needs and budgets. She strives to stay current with trends, while respecting her clients' desires. With a team of great vendors (most referred by Jihan), Amani Affairs, my husband, myself and some prayer, a dream became a reality. I would highly recommend Amani Affairs!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Amani Affairs's reply:

It was so much fun working with you to bring your vision for your 40th anniversary to life. Thank you for your thoughtful words and for choosing Amani Affairs for your specia day!