Allegro Photography Reviews

51 | Boston, MA

51 Reviews for Allegro Photography

Kristen Mabry · Getting married on 11/11/2020

Perfection from start to finish!

David and Jo are amazing! From our first meeting to their final correspondence getting us our photos they were so attentive and professional. Leading up to the wedding David spent an hour walking through all of the details with us and made sure we were aligned in all the photos we wanted (and didn’t want) of the day. We now have the most amazing photographs of our wedding and when we show our guests they all ask “how did they get all of these amazing shots we barely noticed them at the wedding?” This is exactly what we wanted!! Candid moments of the night captured without interfering with the guest experience! Our bridal party and families loved their energy and easy going style during portrait sessions - they blended right into our group and contributed to the fun! Finally we were so impressed with their ability to turn our photos around in just 1 month - even during the holiday season. We are so so happy and will recommend Allegro to all of our friends! They are the best.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Allegro Photography's reply:

Thank YOU so much for including us in your wedding. We loved working with you and your gang. We are thrilled that you loved your experience and your photos! :) Jo and Dave
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 11/01/2019

Awesome photographers

David and Jo gave us the most beautiful wedding photos. They have an artistic eye and capture great images that tell a story. No stiff photos! They are wonderful people and very easy to get along with. A professional planning process and deliver images in a timely manner. I highly recommend.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Allegro Photography's reply:

Woohoo! Had such an amazing time working with you guys. Thank you for including us! So glad you love the photos as much as we do. :) Jo and Dave
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Farrell · Married on 06/01/2019

Stunning photos and thoughtful photographers!

Jo and David made our wedding weekend such a beautiful and stress free experience! David took our engagement photos and though it was freezing that day, he chose such lovely lighting and places to shoot that you’d never know it was 40 degrees based off the warmth in the pictures! He also joined us for our rehearsal dinner and by looking at the photos you can relive the laughter from the night! Finally, the wedding day- David and Jo make such an awesome team, both my husband and I felt so comfortable being photographed by them. Solo shots getting ready can be uncomfortable, and I was nervous having so many eyes on me- Jo put me at ease, walking me through poses and motions to take, but then just speaking to me naturally, making me laugh and forget that I was about to have 200 people staring at me! She even helped my MOH fix my bustle at some point. Not to mention- the photographs turned out beautifully! They caught a perfect balance of candid intimate moments, and staged portraits and worked very well with the other vendors (videographer, makeup, florist, etc.) to showcase every detail of the wedding. They are very talented, kind and lovely people and I highly recommend working with this thoughtful and artistic duo!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Allegro Photography's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure. Truly. We loved working with you both and your family and friends. Such a warm, exuberant day. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting us share in it.

Amanda Sibley · Married on 10/12/2018

Photo was #1 for us, and Dave exceeded expectations!

Dave and his team were absolutely fantastic. They met with us ahead of time to learn what was important to us, and were amazing the day of. Dave was very professional and knew exactly how to handle our large families during the formal photos, while making sure my husband and I had time for our own private photos. Dave’s photographer skills were unmatched. He knew where to be to get the lighting just right - we had cloudy weather, sunny, and sunset - and he captured them all perfectly. He captured the true joy in our faces as well as our guests, spending a great deal of time getting amazing candid photos during the ceremony and reception.

Dave was a pleasure to work with the whole time, he could read my mood at any point, and get the photo we wanted, even when we were not able to vocalize it. During important moments (ceremony, private moment post ceremony, first look, etc) my husband and I weren’t even aware that he was there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had been hiding in a tree to get the right photo!

The hours leading up to the wedding itself fly by and are more stressful than I realized, and I had a lot of photos I wanted during that time of (me getting dressed, my fiancé reading a card from me, dad/bride in limo, etc). I was worried this all wouldn’t get done, but Dave had a schedule and made it all happen, without me even realizing!

I was very impressed by Dave and would highly recommend him to any bride looking for a top notch photographer. Photographer was the most important thing for me at the wedding, and I’m so glad we went with Allegro Photographer.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Michael · Married on 08/11/2018

We had a tremendous experience with Allegro Photography! Our consultation with David was wonderful--he did a great job of getting to know us, asking questions and getting a sense of what we wanted for our big day. In the run-up to the wedding, David actually went downtown Boston to do some location scouting for possible rain-plans, un-prompted, and found some really wonderful spots (which we ended up needing due to weather), and we had an extensive conversation shortly before the wedding to make sure everyone was on the same page schedule- and location-wise, and to talk about must-get pictures. On the day-of, he and his assistant, Anthony, were wonderful in both arranging portraits and making everyone feel comfortable, and in capturing fleeting, candid moments. We are absolutely thrilled with the photographs--they really captured the spirit of the day perfectly. We couldn't recommend Allegro Photography more.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Caroline · Married on 05/20/2017

We can't thank Allegro enough for our beautiful wedding photos! We used Allegro for both our engagement session and wedding. Right from the start David was a pleasure to work with - extremely professional, responsive and organized (we got a "sneak peak" 2 days after our wedding!). David and Jo have shot so many weddings that they know exactly what to do. They put our minds at ease during the planning process, and they were truly amazing the day of our wedding. They were so friendly and accommodating to our family and guests as well. Our photos are beyond beautiful, and we have received SO many compliments! We can't even believe how much we love every single photo, and we will treasure them forever. I will definitely recommend Allegro to all of my family and friends - they are simply the best!

Sent on 06/27/2017

May-Elise · Married on 10/08/2016

We were first drawn to Allegro photography for our wedding from their online portfolio -- it was full of beautiful, warm, endearing moments, and we knew we wanted the same for our own event. We scheduled a time to meet and discovered that, aside from being a great photographer, Jo was a wonderful individual herself! She took the time to listen to our story, who we were, and what we were looking for in our wedding, and "clicked" with us right away.

Throughout the planning process Jo kept in touch and was very responsive to questions and suggestions. She took the time to scope out our venue and helped figure out when and where all our shoots would be. And on the day of, she was right in the midst of things, an unobtrusive but positive presence, and, when necessary, "cat herder" to get us where we needed to go.

We love the way our photos turned out. Over the course of the wedding we feel like Jo and David have become our friends, and unreservedly recommend them to anyone looking for quality photographers.

Sent on 02/24/2017

Jaime · Married on 10/07/2016

All I can say is wow. We went with Allegro after they photographed my friend's wedding and she gave them a glowing review. We just received the "sneak peak" and we are shocked. The photos are even better than we imagined! David is extremely experienced and knowledgeable and picked out the perfect setting for our first look. We used the timeline he suggested to figure out the timing for our reception, and it was so organized we passed it on to all our vendors. David and Jo (the owners/partners) are very creative as photographers. We told them we had no wedding party and didn't want a ton of posed photographs, but mostly candid shots, which is where they shine. We are so happy we went with them and can't wait to see all the final shots.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Allegro Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jaime. We had such a great time working with you too. And I am thrilled that our planning guide helped you in so many ways!

Jen · Married on 10/01/2016

Out of all of the decisions we had to make throughout the wedding planning process, choosing Allegro for our engagement and wedding photography was by far the easiest and best decision. Right from the first email they were professional, courteous and friendly. When we met David in person, we felt like we were talking to an old friend.

Our engagement shoot was in Spring 2016 and it reaffirmed everything we felt when we first signed the contract in 2015. David guided us with his exceptional eye for framing a photograph, but was so relaxed about it, that it felt like we were on a fun date in the park. We were even able to bring our pup along!

And on our wedding day in October 2016, Allegro's team was nothing short of perfect. We absolutely loved David's calm and guiding presence throughout the wedding day. He took amazing photographs of us with our guests when we didn't even realize he was nearby. David's intern, Katherine, was trooper in her pursuit to learn from David. At one point she was crouching in a school bus seat holding a light just the right way. Her giggle was infectious and her energy was a great addition to David on our wedding day. She was determined to get it right and has a fantastic mentor.

We can't speak enough praise about David --first of all, his work speaks for itself. In addition, he was great at sticking to the timeline, getting all the shots we requested, being more than okay with a little rain, and going above and beyond with creative portraits and candid shots. He was exactly the kind of energy we needed at our wedding and he captured the full range of emotions throughout the day from ridiculously happy-in-love smiles to the emotional cries.

We love the entire album of photographs Allegro delivered to us and we'll cherish them for years to come. I don't know how we can thank Allegro enough for the beautiful work they gave us in their photographs -- it's really something special when the professional photographs that were take

Sent on 11/17/2016

Allegro Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Jen!!! I can't speak enough about how great it was to work with you too. And I am so glad that you enjoyed Katherine as well. PS- Your pup is always welcome. Such a sweetie!

Sammie · Married on 08/13/2016

Where to begin with Dave and Jo?! These two are absolutely amazing photographers. We used them for our Engagement photos, our Rehearsal Dinner, and our Wedding Day. The pictures they took were out of this world and they were beyond accommodating. We wanted lots of fun candid shots throughout the weekend (at our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding) and boy did they do an amazing job. I have never felt so beautiful than after I looked through all the wonderful pictures they took of me in my gown. Dave and Jo are funny, and know how to put even the most nervous of grooms at ease. I look back on all the photos from my wedding weekend and its like I'm there again. It was a truly stunning day and they couldn't have captured it better. Hire these two and you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 03/07/2017

Abigail · Married on 07/30/2016

Where to even start with singing the praises of David at Allegro? He was recommended by a friend, and we knew instantly on meeting him that we wanted to work with him. We did an engagement photo shoot, both to have the photos and to get some of the being-in-the-spotlight jitters out before the wedding. They turned out wonderfully, and got us even more excited about having hired David to shoot our wedding! He was incredibly thorough and patient through the planning process, and with our complicated (and sometimes hard to wrangle) families he was exactly what we needed. I've been married for two months now, and I honestly can't stop looking at the photos David took. Having more incredible photos than you have wall space is a great problem to have! Our friends and family are also blown away by the caliber of the photos, and several have even admitted they wish they'd hired David for their weddings. We will definitely be calling him again for any other photography needs!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Allegro Photography's reply:

Abbie, thank you! I am thrilled that you are enjoying your photos and am always (not-so-secretly) happy that our couples have too many great choices for their album and/or their walls. (Please let me know if you need help with decisions- we are always here for you). And I can't wait to see you at future celebrations!

renee · Married on 01/09/2016

Hiring Allegro Photography was the best decision we ever made for our wedding day in Boston. Dave and Jo are truly talented, professional and wonderful to work with! We have worked with Dave from our engagement photos, to our breathtaking wedding pictures, and for our one year anniversary. For every milestone throughout our relationship, Allegro Photography has provided artistic and emotional portraits that we will cherish forever! Thank you Dave & Jo!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Allegro Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Renee. It has been such a pleasure working with you and being able to continue our relationship. We are so lucky to have couples like you two!

Sally · Married on 11/27/2015

It is such a rare treat to find people that are not only passionate about their work but so good at it! Jo and David were perfect every step of the way from planning to execution. We really felt like they were part of our family and so in tune with what we wanted and needed to capture our weekend beautifully with no stress!!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Allegro Photography's reply:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That is exactly what we aim for- blending in, eliminating stress, and documenting your day beautifully. We are so happy that was your experience!

When we began planning our wedding, the only thing I knew off the bat was my dream photographer -- Allegro Photography! I had multiple friends work with David and Jo before, and I had always been wonderfully envious. Well my dream came true. :-)

Our experience with David exceeded every expectation, and our photos were perfection. We are so thankful for our choice, and I recommend Allegro Photography with absolutely no reservation. In fact, I'd call you lucky to have the opportunity.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2015

When selecting a photographer, make sure you spend a lot of time on their website and/or social media to get an idea of what their photography style is. We loved Allegro because their photos are so rich, colorful and vibrant. We absolutely love our wedding photos, and almost two years later we still look at them often! David and Jo are wonderful to work with. We spent a good deal of time with David discussing our vision and style, and the Allegro crew was just so easy and pleasant to work with. David went above and beyond for us at our wedding and we really appreciated it. Jo was in constant contact with us throughout the planning process and gave us lots of helpful guidance and advice, particularly with the wedding albums we ordered. They came out beautifully and we are forever grateful to her for that. I can't recommend Allegro more highly!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Danielle · Married on 04/19/2015

There are no words to explain how amazing Jo and Dave from Allegro Photography are! Their work alone speaks to the love and passion for what they do. They have a level of professionalism that is more than you could ever dream of yet their ability to make you feel absolutley comfortable with them is a true gift. I could not imagine someone else shooting our wedding and spending time with my family and friends. I will forever be grateful to them for making memories last a life time!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Shahrzad · Married on 02/07/2015

I met David through my (awesome) wedding planner after some issues with my initial photographer. David is so laid back and has a very gentle, kind, patient disposition. For our first meeting, David had compiled photographs from other weddings he had shot at our ceremony site and other weddings with similar themes. Since my fiance could not make the intial meeting, David emailed me the custom slideshow so he could experience it as well. It was so great to see the personal touch they provided from the beginning.

David was very interested in hearing our story and our vision for our wedding. I was immediately impressed with his professionalism and sensitivity. I knew that he would be great to work with.

After we booked, David graciously scheduled our engagement session around my fiance's very hectic schedule. He scoped out the scenery and when one of our locations did not work out, he creatively found another location that turned out to be PERFECT. Our favorite photos came from that location. The photos were ready very quickly and are TO DIE FOR! David captured us exquisitely! Everyone loves them and comments on the beauty of the scenery, the photography, and the ways we were captured. They also have an app where your can easily access your favorite photos from your phone. It's so convenient!

They periodically send sweet notes and even a Christmas ornament with our engagement photo on it!!! I will update this review after the wedding, but I am sure that we will love our photos.

UPDATE: David and Jo took AMAZING photos of our special day! They captured so many moments and memories we would have otherwised missed or forgotten. They also organized a beautiful album! We absolutely recommended them without reservation!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Alex · Married on 10/17/2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to work with Jo and her husband David for our stylized "Mad Men" theme engagement photo shoot (which came out spectacularly) as well with Jo at our wedding. We could not be more thrilled with our photos, their style and the moments that were captured! Jo and her other principal photographer were professional, personable and truly a joy to work with. We could NOT have chosen a better photographer to work with!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Jackie · Married on 09/19/2014

After exchanging a couple of emails, I decided to meet Jo in person to talk about wedding photography. We immediately hit it off. Jo is one of the sweetest and most enthusiastic people you could ever meet. She listened and took notes on every idea I had. Before our wedding, we had a call going over the details of the day. I can’t begin to explain how happy I was that Jo was such a pro at this and would be guiding us through the day. Whenever she said “We will get you in your dress at 2:45pm and make sure all the bridesmaids are dressed by then” I breathed a sigh of relief that she would be in charge. Throughout our wedding day, I leaned on Jo to help make decisions about what was best at the moment. Her assistant Vince was great - he brought such positive energy throughout the day and captured some great moments. We received all of our wedding photos and everyone has loved them and couldn't believe all the moments they captured so well. I would absolutely recommend Allegro Photography for anyone looking for great people to have by your side throughout your big day.

Sent on 11/07/2014

Mallory · Married on 08/31/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Dave and Jo for our Cape Cod summer wedding, and we could be any happier with our experience. I would absolutely recommend Allegro to any bride looking for amazing wedding photos and incredibly professional, easy-to-work-with photographers .

We scheduled an engagement shoot to get us comfortable with being photographed, and also to help Dave get to know us so that he could capture our personalities and relationship in our wedding photos. We also met with Dave before the wedding to develop our list of ‘must have’ shots. This preparation made the family and wedding party portraits a total breeze. He easily directed our friends and family in and out photos, and he didn’t miss a single combination! He also made sure to get all of the group shots with our friends during the reception.

We were lucky enough to get both Dave and Jo for the 9 hours of coverage on our wedding day. We hardly even noticed them during the wedding. They managed to stay out of the way but stay close to action so they could capture all of the important moments. Allegro had our photos back to us within just THREE weeks of our wedding! We got around 1,000 photos total (password protected online gallery), and they all looked amazing!

The whole day went by so quickly, and the photos are a lovely reminder of how perfectly everything went, and how much fun we had celebrating with our friends and family! We had so much fun looking through our photos the first time (just after our honeymoon) and noticing all of the small things that we missed during the wedding. I’m so glad we had such amazing photographers to capture all of these special moments. Although a bit pricier than other photographers in New England, these wedding photos are something we will cherish for our entire lives, and I believe Allegro Photography is absolutely worth the premium. I would absolutely recommend them to others!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Katie · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband and I originally had eloped, and the few pictures we took at the court house on my cell phone were lost when I broke my phone a month or so later. So, when we decided to have a traditional wedding with our family and friends six-months later, we made sure that our wedding pictures would be our primary concern.

Allegro Photography did not disappoint! Jo and David were amazing through preparation, the big day, and the final product. Our pictures looked like something out of a magazine - every moment and emotion was captured on film for us to enjoy for years to come. We can't thank them enough!!!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Allegro Photography was an incredible photographer for our wonderful fall wedding in Boston. From our initial meeting with David and Jo in their studio, they shared a range of options and let us pick which photography package worked best for us and our families. They were quick to respond on email and provided a lot of tips and ideas for both our engagement session and our wedding.

We genuinely enjoyed working with David and Jo -- both made us feel comfortable. It's not easy or normal to have photos taken of you -- this team did a very good job of providing advice when needed and being an invisible ninja when they knew how to get a great shot without us realizing it.

Our engagement session was such a fun day. We had no idea what to expect and it confirmed that we went with the best photographer. We laughed genuinely and felt like we got to know these two over the course of our entire process.

On the wedding day, David and Jo caught so many small details that I now realize I didnt see. This perspective and vantage point of how to capture a moment -- the emotion, the subtle details, or a fleeting expression -- these are the more emblematic pictures from such an important day. This skill is shared by both David and Jo and demonstrated throughout their work.

We are excited to work with the Allegro team to create our photo book -- it will be hard as we are blessed with a wonderful range of photos that tell the "story" of the day.

Trusting David and Jo to capture moments and interactions between me and my now-husband was a very important aspect to our working relationship. We genuinely enjoyed our time with them -- they made a very special event all the more so by being a part of it with us.

Sent on 12/20/2012

When choosing a wedding photographer, you want more than a series of "pretty pictures"... You want the photographs to tell the story by capturing the excitement, energy and emotions of the moment. Allegro does just that and more! We knew when we first saw their work during our daughter's and son-in-law's engagement session, that their's was a unique talent. Reliving life's special celebrations are why one hires a photographer. When Jo and David are behind the camera-the memory comes alive! Their artistic ability and keen sense of "the moment" are evident. Just look at their work...it says it all! They are exceptional and we are so pleased that they were a part of our daughter's wedding!

Sent on 12/21/2012

Jo & David serves as the perfect photography duo. Their artistic instinct and technical expertise is unparalleled. We're very happy that we chose them as our photographers.

Sent on 09/29/2012

Stefanie · Married on 09/08/2012

Finding a great photographer for our wedding was one of our top priorities so we were absolutely thrilled to get the chance to work with Jo. Neither of us are particularly comfortable in front of a camera but Jo is so sweet and fun to work with, she quickly put us at ease. The engagement shoot was a great way to get to know each other and feel more comfortable being in front of the camera.
    On our wedding day itself Jo was always calm and reassuring, and even though we knew she was around she blended so well, we weren't always aware of her. We got numerous compliments from our guests about how wonderful they thought she was! We couldn't have asked for a more talented, thoughtful and professional photographer and feel so lucky to have been able to work with her and have her document our wedding day!

Sent on 01/28/2013