Ali + Julie Reviews

13 | Hartford, CT

13 Reviews for Ali + Julie

13 Ali + Julie Reviews

Larah · Married on 09/02/2018

If you’re like me you’ve probably scrolled through their beautiful Instagram feed or visited their website multiple times. You already know how talented they are. For as talented as they are, they are equally genuine, friendly (funny!) and welcoming. Not only will they capture your vision but they will make you feel so comfortable, you’ll never know all the art they are creating behind the camera lense. To us, having them as our wedding photographers was the best decision we made. Love you guys!

Erica · Married on 10/08/2017

Ali & Julie are true artists. I have had the privilege of working with them over the last few years as a makeup artist and every time is pure joy. First of all--they are the sweetest, most wonderful, soulful, smart and cool women. They also make me pee in my pants with laughter every time I see them. They take their craft to heart and pour all of their souls in to each shoot. Their work is emotive, inspiring and wild, but never pretentious. They care as much about capturing the subjects as they do the overall emotion and vibe of the moment. And the best part is although they seemingly tend to share a brain sometimes, they also have two very different perspectives that are given for each shoot, allowing the viewers double the art and the ability to truly be transported on a journey from two artists. If you are looking for two amazing artists to dedicate themselves to capturing your day from a wonderfully free-spirited and unique perspective, hire them. I love these women so.

Caroline · Married on 09/30/2017

Ali & Julie are truly amazing artists. They captured our wedding day in the most perfect of ways and we were in love with every single photograph. Their attention to detail, ability to capture raw emotion and genuine love is so special. Ali & Julie made us feel so comfortable and despite meeting them mere hours before we got married, we felt like we'd known them our entire lives. I cannot imagine using anyone else to photograph our wedding-- they are the best and we are so happy with how our photos came out.

• User7222288 · 1+ year ago

They did such a good job photographing our wedding. Ali actually shot with a guest second shooter, Athena, since Julie was out on maternity and the transition was seamless. We wanted to get photographs from our wedding that weren't the traditional portraits, but more natural, candid and artsy photos that captured the true spirit of the day. I know we can hang these in our home like art, because each photograph has so much depth and a story to tell. It's so amazing to see the world through their lens. Thank you Ali+Julie!! <3

Ali + Julie 1
    Ali + Julie 2
    Ali + Julie 3

Nelli · Married on 08/20/2016

Ali and Julie's photos captured beautifully the mood of my daughter's wedding. In the end, after all is settled and done, we remember the event through the pictures and Ali and Julie preserved with amazing genuineness the special feeling on that day. If your aunt Beth twice removed insisted on a picture with the bride, she will get it; but I would think every photographer can do just that. More importantly, Ali and Julie caught what you wouldn't know was there - the beautiful lines, the tears behind the smile, the energy in the crowd, the special look when the bride and groom face their guests for the first time as married couple...even the water spilled for "good luck" according to the Bulgarian tradition - seemed just magical in the pictures. If you want wedding pictures with authentic raw feeling and unsweetened beauty - look no more. You found Ali and Julie. This was written three months after the wedding. I thought the pictures will get old by now but no - they are even more interesting with time...

Sophia · Married on 08/20/2016

Ali + Julie were the best thing that happened to our wedding. They will make your wedding look like a magazine feature regardless of the rain, the shine, the wind, the trips, and the slips. Trust me. Their work speaks for itself. I've heard horror stories of brides having to spend hours delineating the types of shots they want their photographers to take. We didn't do any of that, and everything turned out perfectly. They'll take as much or as little direction as you want and they'll do amazing things with it. The great thing about them is that they're a duo so they can split up and capture the same moment from several angles. Ali and Julie each brings her unique style to the shoot, creating a combination of detailed shots and picturesque landscapes. I couldn't be happier with their work.

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

From our first phone call to now (2 months after our wedding) we remain in awe over Ali + Julie's vision, talent, artistry, and friendship. We got married in June, 2016 and hired Ali + Julie to do our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding. We knew from looking at photos of their prior work that their natural photography style and eye for capturing the most beautiful of moments was something we appreciated and wanted for our wedding. During both of our photo shoots Ali + Julie made us feel so incredibly comfortable and at ease. We were able to be ourselves in our natural environment and Ali + Julie gently guided us in the most authentic of ways. We could not have imagined having anyone else photograph us they way they did. They made us feel at ease and made the potential stress of a wedding day disappear with their warm spirits. And, the end product - the countless, amazingly beautiful pictures are ones that we will cherish forever. We still, to this day, have friends and family in awe over the beauty they were able to capture. They captured the true feeling of 'us' and our love, which is something we deeply appreciate. We will forever be grateful for their work, their friendship, and their talent. Aside from marrying one another, hiring Ali + Julie was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thanks again for all that you did! :)

Taylor · Married on 05/16/2016

I am so happy I chose Ali + Julie to shoot our wedding day! I could not have asked for any better memories of our day. Our photos are gorgeous works of art. They perfectly captured all of our special moments and all of our joy, but the photography is also gorgeous, with beautiful lighting and scenery. I am sooooooooooo happy! Everyone in my family was blown away by these gorgeous photos. And Ali and Julie are also so wonderful to have around on your day. They are friendly, easy going, full of smiles and encouragement, and they make you feel special on your most special day. My husband and I always felt comfortable around them. They scoped out beautiful spots to shoot our portraits and never missed a moment during the ceremony and reception. I strongly recommend hiring them if you are interested in fine art photography for your wedding day! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 07/11/2015

While planning my Connecticut wedding from California. I stumbled upon Julie Morawski's website and loved loved loved her work. I booked her as my photographer somewhere about a year or more before my wedding. From the beginning, Julie was easy to communicate with. She answered all of my questions...even my non photography questions... in a more than timely fashion. By the time our wedding day arrived Ali had joined Julie and was a second fabulous photographer on our wedding day. They were both awesome to work with. They made us both feel at ease and made the photography fun! We had our reception at The Webb Barn in Wethersfield, CT. I had some ideas of the photos that I wanted which they both honored without any hesitation, but my absolute favorite photos are those taken in an area behind the barn that Julie and Ali had scoped out. They truly both have an unbelievable eye for magical photos. I love that they were able to capture beautiful traditional wedding photos, but go beyond that and delivered us stunning photographs that I could never have imagined. I would recommend Ali & Julie in a heartbeat. They were such a joy to work with. I'm so pleased to have had them capture my wedding day!

• User5193658 · 2+ years ago

Ali + Julie are seriously THE BEST! We researched dozens of photographers before our serendipitous discovery of Ali + Julie's website. As soon as we saw their work we knew that we wanted them to document our wedding. We fell in love with their use of light, focus and shot composition. From beginning to end Ali + Julie were wonderful to work with - incredibly professional, fun, and above all TALENTED. On the day, they were amazing and made us feel comfortable & confident in front of the camera. We wanted to avoid the standard, somewhat cheesy wedding photos and were hoping for more candid, natural looking shots. They delivered exactly what we hoped for and much much more. Ali + Julie captured the essence of our wedding in such a beautiful and organic way, and for this we will be forever grateful. We absolutely love ALL of our pictures and will cherish them for the rest of our lives. We wholeheartedly recommend Ali + Julie to anyone!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/01/2014

Ali and Julie...I am not sure how to even describe how wonderful they both are. They deliver dreamy, artistic photos and are responsive, organized professionals. Working with Ali for our engagement photos felt so effortless - she made us feel comfortable, gave us direction when needed, and was so encouraging! There is nothing better than feeling so relaxed and happy and knowing that it will come through in the images.

By our wedding, Ali and Julie had teamed-up and we couldn't have been more grateful to have both of these skilled photographers with us! They work seamlessly together, and while their aesthetic is similar, they each have a unique eye. On our wedding day it absolutely poured rain but you can't even tell in the amazing images that Ali and Julie captured outside under the pergola at Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park. When I look through our wedding album, I am so happy with the balance and range of images - the details, family and friends, venue, portraits, and of course the dancing! - it's all there and so beautifully captured.

On a personal note, I really felt that Ali and Julie took the time to get to know us as a couple so that we felt comfortable! It's a new experience being photographed when you're not used to it, but they both really put us at ease. You can tell when a vendor is genuine and loves what they do, which is clearly the case with these ladies. I also really appreciated that they took the time to capture family portraits on the big day (and not rush through them) because this was important to our parents!

Julia · Married on 06/01/2014

Ali + Julie were the best vendors I had for my entire wedding. The quality of their photos speaks for itself; I had so many that I wanted to frame that I could wallpaper my house in them. They capture incredible light, were flexible with weather and timing so that we'd get better pictures and be able to spend more time with guests, seemed genuinely excited to be there, and MOST importantly-- they got great pictures while somehow being 100% unobstrusive. They were so good at this that many of my guests commented on it-- people barely noticed them, but they got thousands of intimate, beautiful pictures. How did they do that!? Ali + Julie were an integral part of my wedding day and not only would I recommend them, but I have-- my sister and law got her baby photos done with them just a couple months later. :)

Melanie · Married on 05/19/2012

Ali and Julie are hands down the best and most talented ladies in this field! We absolutely loved working with them. They have such a creative and unique eye when it comes to capturing the perfect moment. The whole process was stress free and they were extremely organized. We loved every single one of our photos and especially our album. People still give us compliments on how gorgeous it is, years later. Their attention to detail was also spot on - everything from editing the photos, to putting together the most beautiful packaging. They make the whole experience feel special and worth every penny. We highly recommend working with them!