Alexandria Pastry Shop Reviews

189 Reviews for Alexandria Pastry Shop

• Carol

Carol H. · Married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful Winter Wedding Cake

My husband and I tasted so many cakes and visited several bakeries. Alexandria Pastry Shop stood out because it tasted the best. Period. We opted for three flavors: carrot cake, Red Velvet, and Bavarian cream. All were amazing, especially the carrot cake, probably because the carrot is sautéed in butter before it's put into the batter! Tom and his team were amazing, and the end product was a delicious, three-level winter wedding cake that looked like it was dusted in snow. It also got rave reviews from our guests!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Matthew · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake from Alexandria Pastry Shop! We chose the raspberry buttercream and it was absolutely delicious, We received so many compliments on our wedding cake after our reception, and we are so glad we booked this business!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Ronald

Ronald S. · Married on 11/05/2019

Alexandria Pastry Shop a "must consider" - Great for us!

Quick, first to reply. Very hospitable at location, loads of information, pictures, everything we needed. Alexandria Pastry Shop was an easy decision.

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Rod

Rod M. · Married on 09/28/2019

A beautiful Cake

Not only a beautiful cake but a really good tasting cake. Everyone enjoyed it and made our wedding experience better.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Cherron

Cherron · Married on 07/13/2019

The cake was great

Alexandria Pastry did a wonderful job on the cake for my daughter’s wedding all the guests raves about the favor and the moistness

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Melinda

Melinda S. · Married on 06/22/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

I've been going to Alexandria Pastry Shop since I was a kid, and they have the most delicious pastries and cakes. I knew they had to do my wedding cake. When we tasted cakes we tried the standard cakes with buttercream frosting, which were good, but the owner, Tom Lally, insisted we try the mousse cakes, and he brought us a few pieces to try. Wow, they were amazing! We had a hard time picking a flavor, but eventually went with the "black and white," which had layers of chocolate and white chocolate mousse and sponge. I was worried the mousse wouldn't hold up for a summer wedding, but Tom assured me it would, and he was right. They also worked with me to create a custom design that mimicked the lace pattern on my dress. The cake came out beautiful and everyone thought it was delicious. I can't wait to eat the top layer on our anniversary next year!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • John

John Y. · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Wedding Cake Company

Tom and the team at Alexandria Pastry were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were super friendly when we first met them for our cake tasting, and made it clear that they were willing to do whatever we needed to make our day special. Not only did they make one of the most delicious wedding cakes I've ever tasted, they also helped us with mini desserts for the dessert buffet we wanted at our wedding. Both the pastries they made and the cake were huge hits, and we would highly recommend them for all your baking needs!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/20/2018

Great cake!

Alexandria pastry shop was easy to work with and delivered a delicious wedding cake (white chocolate with raspberry mousse, highly recommend).

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • I

Irma · Married on 09/15/2018

I went to Alexandria Pastry shop for my wedding cake. I had to go in for several appointments to make sure my cakes would be perfect and there was someone there always ready to help me. My wedding cake was perfect. The sugar flowers were arranged beautifully on the cake and though I did not get to taste my wedding cake, due to too much dancing, I was told by guests that it was delicious. I highly recommend Alexandria Pastry Shop. They are a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Cameron · Married on 07/14/2018

We used Alexandria Pastry Shop for our wedding cake, which took place on 7/14/18 in Arlington, VA. Our consultant Jessica was great to work with and worked with us to achieve our vision for the cake. We submitted a custom picture to APS and they were able to replicate the cake exactly how we envisioned! The cake was delivered on time the day of the wedding and the cake topper was placed on top without issue. Above all, the cake was extremely delicious and you could tell it was freshly baked! I would not hesitate to recommend their wedding cake services!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Tamara · Married on 01/13/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Alexandria Pastry Shop. It's a small, family-owned business and they really pay attention to detail. We worked with Jessica, and she could not have been more responsive and helpful. She helped us achieve the effect we wanted while still staying within our budget. At many weddings I've attended in the past, the cake is pretty but not all that flavorful. Our cake was both gorgeous AND delicious!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! We requested a mixture of two different styles and they pulled it off without a problem!! We also had a small sugar free cake for some family members made and they worked with us on everything. Our wedding cake was red velvet and it was absolutely delicious!! All of their pastries are to die for!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Sandra · Married on 09/10/2017

Their customer service was excellent from the day we did cake tasting until the delivery of our wedding cake. We had 3 different of their specialty flavors (passion fruit, mango guava) for each tier of our cake. It was delicious. I would recommend them, as their cakes are amazing.

Sent on 05/31/2017
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 12/28/2016

Alexandria Pastry shop was suggested by my venue and so I went in for a cake tasting! They were super accommodating and had a beautiful little area set up where we could taste and look at pictures! I didn't end up finding what I wanted in their books, so I just sent them a picture by email and they recreated it perfectly! The Lemon buttercream cake with raspberry filling was a PERFECT wedding cake and DELICIOUS!

Sent on 01/05/2017
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/10/2016

LOVED our wedding cake and LOVED the experience my husband and I had at Alexandria Pastry Shop. They were very accommodating with our cake flavors and suggested a flavor that not only we loved but our guests loved as well. It was a quality, delicious cake. The design was exactly what I asked for and even helped me save money by giving me some ideas. They were organized, knew what to do, and were extremely helpful! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Asa · Married on 11/27/2016

Alexandria Pastry is always one of our favorites, so when we were planning our small wedding the choice was easy. We actually picked an assortment of pastries, truffles and eclairs for our wedding, but I know that their cakes are also amazing! It is our go to bakery for birthdays, guests in town, and amazing treats on special mornings. I am also a photographer, and have seen Alexandria Pastry's work at many weddings. Their wedding cakes are beautiful.

Sent on 12/04/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2016

These guys made us the MOST DELICIOUS and beautiful wedding cake!!! All of our guests commented on how yummy it was. Their customer service was excellent too. They put up with my numerous anxious-bride emails and calls, all with grace and understanding. We really enjoyed working with them and highly recommend their services.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Maria · Married on 09/17/2016

Our family has ordered cakes from Alexandria Pastry Shop for years! For birthdays, baptisms, pretty much any event you can think of. For me, it was a no brainer- I was definitely ordering our wedding cake here. There are plenty of decorations to choose from, plenty of flavors and my favorite part- not just those standard bready and crumbly cake options. You have tons of mousse options and special flavors that will wow your guests. The shop was easy to work with the owner Tom was so pleasant during our consultation. Just go out there and try some of their cakes- you will order on the spot! I highly recommend the black and white chocolate mousse and the passion fruit with apricot. You are not limited to just one flavor for your cake.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Wedding cakes are typically outrageously priced and borderline inedible, but our cake from Alexandria Pastry Shop was reasonably priced and exceptionally good (even better than we remembered from the tasting). They were happy to work with us to make exactly what we wanted (three layers, each of a different cake type), delivered it precisely on time, and the cake was a hit with our guests. Highly recommend giving them a try during your cake search.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Tara · Married on 07/09/2016

The Alexandria Pastry Cafe makes absolutely delicious and flavorful desserts. We were so excited to have them bake our wedding cake, cupcakes, and grooms cake, for our wedding at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA. It was a pleasure working with Tom, the owner, from start to finish. He helped us create our custom order—a peanut butter & chocolate grooms cake, a lemon & raspberry buttercream tiered wedding cake, and a selection of cupcakes—and even delivered the cake and cupcakes to our venue himself. The bakers and staff at the Alexandria Pastry Cafe did an incredible job with the design and look of our cake and they even helped package our cupcakes in to-go containers as end-of-the-night favors for our guests. Our guests keep talking about the desserts! One side note: I have a food allergy to soy, and the Alexandria Pastry Cafe was able to make all of our desserts soy free. We also recommend you stop in for breakfast and lunch...Delicious! We had a fantastic experience from start to finish and we give our highest recommendation to the Cafe. Thank you so much for making the most tasty wedding desserts for our wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Brette

Brette · Married on 07/03/2016

We were so lucky that the venue we chose had a deal with Alexandria Pastry. My cousin had used them for her wedding and I years later, I still remembered how delicious their cakes were! They were super easy to work with, let us try a variety of cakes and had ideas for how to create the perfect cake. We also appreciated that they just let us pick a cake- it wasn't extra for each little design, etc. on the cake. Also, the cakes are just plain amazing. The only issue we had was that based on the number of people we told them, there wasn't enough cake, and some of the guests had to go without. I cannot say, however, if the venue just cut the slices too large or if there just wasn't enough cake.

Sent on 12/18/2016

My daughter worked with Tu at Alexandria Pastry, who was very responsive and helpful. The cake turned out absolutely beautiful and it was also very tasty. She had a layer of strawberry shortcake and a layer of red velvet and they were both excellent. Would recommend Alexandria Pastry for any wedding. In the DMV area!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Lupe · Married on 05/01/2016

everything was perfect! Quality and taste was awesome !!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Teri · Married on 04/16/2016

I cannot speak highly enough of this wonderful pastry shop! Tom worked with us from day one, and he was so kind and helpful that coordinating for the cake ended up being one of the easiest logistical pieces of our whole wedding. I am a type-A psycho, but was so (rightfully) confident in this shop that I was able to stay hands off through the whole thing since it was in their extremely capable hands. We wanted something a little unconventional (funfetti), which they assured us was completely doable, and it turned out spectacularly. SO yummy and pretty; I still have people telling me how wonderful it was. I got several comments about it being the "best wedding cake of all time." I wish I could give them 6 stars!!! Amazing customer service and FABULOUS cake!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Leigh · Married on 01/02/2016

Easy to deal with and the cake was delicious! Just what I was looking for. Our wedding cake was dessert so I wanted more than just a pretty looking cake. Alexandria Pastry Shop understood and really delivered the goods - on time, with no hassle. We had three different layers (carrot cake, German chocolate and raspberry filled yellow cake). All covered with yummy buttercream. We loved them all when we did our tasting and so we were quite thrilled with the option to have all three.

Sent on 01/25/2016