Airlie Reviews

75 Reviews for Airlie

1 User photo

Airlie 1

Rachel · Married on 11/02/2018

Airlie is SUCH a beautiful property and totally a hidden gem in the beautiful scenic area of Virginia! The spaces they have are akin to something you'd find in an english garden overseas and the manor and rooms are like the high end resorts you'd find in Charlottesville or Nantucket! Quaid was so helpful every step of the way in ensuring the wedding was smooth and flawless from start to finish. Couldn't ask for a better venue, team or location!!!

Jan · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect spot for a weekend wedding fest

A perfect spot for the entire weekend. It was a destination wedding an hour from DC, what could be better? Great rehearsal dinner at the Smoke House, casual and fun, the next day bride and groom lunches and prep while guests and some of the bridal party rode bikes, did some skeet shooting, played tennis and wandered the grounds. So much fun. Had sodas and beer in upper garden with yard games set up (partially to encourage guests to arrive early and not get hung up with Route 66 traffic) Ceremony in lower garden then a wonderful reception, dancing, dinner and amazing apple pie with ice cream for dessert. Brunch the next day was super. Food was great, service perfect. Guests really enjoyed the location, grounds, food and getting away from the city. Easy accessibility from Dulles for out of town guests. Can't think of anything negative to say.

Alli · Married on 09/08/2018

Airlie is incredible! The venue is gorgeous, the food is delicious, and the staff is so nice. Quaid was an absolute joy to work with throughout the wedding planning process, and he is professional, helpful, and responsive. Would highly recommend!

Ann · Married on 06/30/2018

My daughter got married three weeks ago at Airlie and it was absolutely wonderful. The venue is beautiful and the staff is wonderful. We booked about 15 months out and Shiloh worked with us the entire time answering any questions we had and professionally guiding us throughout the planning process. The event itself couldn’t have gone any better. The setup, food, service, and drinks were great. We booked with several of the vendors from Airlie’s preferred vendor list and were delighted with their services. Many of our out-of-town guests stayed on-site for the weekend and everyone was happy with their accommodations and spent a lot of their time visiting each other at Harry’s and loved the space and service.
    I’m sincere in saying that if you want a truly top notch and beautiful venue – you should definitely book your event at Airlie. My special shout goes to Shiloh – You were wonderful and we will never forget your guidance and care you gave us!!!!

Aileen · Married on 05/27/2018

Airlie makes magic happen! Every detail of my daughter's wedding went just as she had dreamed despite the weather. My worries about the change to tenting the ceremony and the cocktails were completely taken care of by her team. The ceremony looked amazing; the lanterns, candles, and flowers, were even more magical under the tent with the rain. Our worries that the cocktails had to be moved to the Pavilion and the decorations would not be there were somehow magically taken care of. The reception was beyond beautiful; just gorgeous in every way. Guests raved about the food, the venue, the band. It was a beautiful evening.

Shiloh has a very demanding job, but is able to handle it with a smile and gracious calm. We were especially thankful for that as we were a bit frenzied by the rain. Our reluctance on the day of to take the weather’s lead was, I am sure not unusual for Shiloh, but I am grateful that she was direct and professional. She stated that the guests did not know our vision which was on-target and made all the difference in our thinking of alternating plans.

I can’t thank Shiloh enough for making this entire planning process a pleasure. Airlie should never ever lose Shiloh!

Shane · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding at Airlie was pretty perfect from start to finish. Shiloh and her team run a tight ship and all of the boxes were checked along the way. From the tour months before, tasting, walkthrough, rehearsal day, welcome party, wedding day and reception - all were all executed flawlessly. Our guests most enjoyed spending the weekend together onsite. The Airlie property is picturesque and very well maintained. They try to locally source much of the food on the menu, which was also a big hit. We also credit Shiloh with recommending us to our day-of-coordinator Amanda at White Pumpkin. In fact, all of our vendors were well versed with the Airlie property and staff, making everything easier. We plan to spending the weekend at Airlie for our anniversary weekend next May.

Jaclyn · Married on 04/27/2018

The entire wedding weekend was amazing! The staff at Airlie were always more than willing to help all my guests and myself. They were kind and patient and went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. The food was outstanding. My guests are still talking about the food at Harry’s and how the food at the reception was the best wedding food they ever had! And last but not least Shiloh was my wedding coordinator throughout the months leading up to the wedding and I could not have been more lucky to have had her! She is the most patient and kind person and Iam so grateful to have had her help me seamlessly through everything. Thank you again to everyone at Airlie, we will definitely be back for anniversaries to come!

Mallory · Married on 10/08/2017

Airlie is by far the best venue I have ever come across. I searched for weeks, at least viewing 30 venues in my area, and nothing came close to Airlie. It's absolutely beautiful! As soon as we arrived I knew it was the place I wanted to remember the rest of my life. They have it all; multiple ceremony space, reception areas, amazing food, drink, accommodations on site, and activities galore! The staff is amazing, so helpful and kind. I worked closely with Shiloh and Quaid, the event coordinators, and they are outstanding! They made sure everything went perfect on our big day, and we can't thank them enough! Love Airlie, and we plan on visiting for anniversaries and get aways in the future!!

Airlie 2

Elana · Married on 08/05/2017

No other venue in the DMV can hold a candle to Airlie! We had guests from 15 states and 5 countries, so we wanted the wedding to be not just a few hours, but a full weekend getaway. Our guests raved about the natural beauty, delicious food, and relaxing atmosphere. Some stayed for 4 days! Our ceremony was in the formal gardens and the reception was in the pavilion. Everything was perfect. The food was super local, fresh, and fancy. Best quality wedding food I've ever had. The pavilion is a beautiful space and everything was set up flawlessly the night before. The gardens were a beautiful setting for the ceremony and cocktail hour and guests loved wandering an discovering something new around every corner. I basically picked my venue based on what the photos would look like and Airlie has THE MOST gorgeous and varied backdrops. The best thing about Airlie is the people who work there. Everyone went above and beyond to make my day special and run smoothly: champagne was delivered at lightning speed, and the lady at the front desk even drove into town to get my package to the post office because I had just missed their mail pick up. Shiloh is a treasure. Sweet, organized, composed, responsive--I don't know how she does it! She took careful notes throughout and everything was set up exactly as I requested. She answered my MANY questions throughout the process and coordinated many complex aspects that other brides don't bother with. It's astounding how warm, friendly and relaxed this place is. 100% would choose again for my next wedding! haha jk.

To balance the review, things Airlie could improve: the getting ready suite could use an update to add mirrors, large windows, and make it more photogenic; bartenders refused to pour straight shots (this may be VA law, but we were a Russian wedding, so it was a problem); not a fan of the giant fan in the pavilion; and tbh 22% is a very high service charge. All were minor and could not begin to dampen our best day ever!

Carla · Married on 07/15/2017

Airlie came highly recommended to us by some friends who celebrated their wedding there a few years ago. When we chose this venue for our daughter's wedding, they certainly didn't disappoint! Every attention to detail was spot on from Rehearsal Dinner to the Wedding Reception. Shiloh Wolfrey and her staff could not have been more accommodating. Our guests raved to us about the incredible food and the cheerful attitude of the entire staff. They also enjoyed continuing the celebration at the on-site pub after both the rehearsal dinner and reception. More than half of the guests were from out of town and it was so convenient for them to stay on site. If we had it to do all over again, we wouldn't have changed a thing! Look no further than Airlie for your big event!

Debbie · Married on 07/05/2017

Can't say enough wonderful accolades about Airlie for a wedding venue. My daughter was married there last month, and thanks to Shiloh and her team, it literally went off perfectly. In addition to how professional and friendly everyone is, Airlie is beyond beautiful. The gardens/flowers/main house/pond/reception venue, everything is perfect. I would say that at least 30 of our guests stayed the weekend there, which was super convenient as we had the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, an after party, in addition to the wedding service and reception there. Airlie is awesome!

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2017

Airlie was an absolutely fantastic place to hold our reception. The food was unbelievable, and our POC, Quaid, was on top of everything and super responsive to any questions we had. Everyone who attended the wedding raved about how beautiful Airlie was, and we can't wait to see how our pictures turned out from the gorgeous grounds at Airlie! Airlie's "all-inclusive" model also made the whole planning process much easier, as we didn't have to hire a separate caterer or bar staff or worry about set-up/take-down at all. Airlie isn't cheap - although we got a slight discount by doing our wedding on a Friday, and I know they also offer off-peak discounts - but it was worth every penny. Highly recommend this venue.

Alec · Married on 04/15/2017

Just had my wedding at Airlie. It is truly a top notch venue. The staff was very kind and willing to do anything we asked. If you go to tour ask for Shiloh she is amazing. From the first appointment to the day of she took care of everything for us. This was truly an all inclusive venue that goes above and beyond at everything. I would recommend to anyone!

Katerina · Married on 10/02/2016

Outstanding experience. We had an amazing wedding and thanks to Shiloh Wolfrey, planned only in 5 weeks, everything worked out perfectly and without a hitch.

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

Extremely easy to work with, very timely responses, gorgeous place!!

Carly · Married on 09/09/2016

As an event planner myself, I appreciate other event planners and venues that take the time to really anticipate every need of their clients and guests. Working with Airlie was such a breeze from the time of the initial booking, to the execution of the event. They thought of every little small detail and took away a lot of the logistically headaches that are often associated with weddings. Shiloh was our event planner and she was incredibly responsive, detail oriented, and easy to work with. Airlie is a BEAUTIFUL venue and all of our photos look incredible. We even toured Airlie in February when the grass is dead and trees have no leaves and it was still so beautiful. So thrilled we chose this venue for our wedding.

joyce · Married on 09/02/2016

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful or perfectly executed. Every detail was handled expertly. Our event coordinator and sales person Shiloh Wolfrey thought of everything before we did! Thank you thank you!

Our Airlie wedding could not have been more perfect! Having a venue that you know 100% knows what they are doing is the best thing you can ask for. We worked with Shiloh as our coordinator, and I can't say enough wonderful things about her responsiveness, professionalism, and talent. If you haven't visited Airlie- do it! If you have, then I can't imagine you are on the fence about selecting them as a wedding venue. There is truly nowhere more beautiful in the area! Having hotel accommodations on property, as well as an abundance of activities for your guests, shuttle service to and from lodging buildings, a pub, amazing restaurant, not to mention the beauty of the entire property, makes it the all around most amazing wedding experience for both you and your guests. We got so many compliments, and had guests tell us how they were going to plan their next weekend getaway there! The gardens were the perfect spot for our afternoon cocktail hour, providing shade to keep guests comfortable, and such a classy gorgeous environment. We had our reception in the pavilion, which also could not be more beautiful with the decorative lights, wooden structure, and the large eco fan. Airlie is the perfect serene environment to set the mood for a wedding, and the photo opportunities there are endless! With the professionalism of the entire staff, our wedding day went off without a hitch, and was completely stress free and enjoyable for us! We could not be any happier with our choice!

Susan · Married on 08/20/2016

The property is the most gorgeous thing you have ever seen. Our guests raved about the food. But the best thing is the staff! Every request I made got the response..."yes, and at no extra charge." That included special plates for vegetarians even though we had a buffet. That included a birthday cake for the best man. I LOVED working with Shiloh and everyone at Airlie. You have to see this place to believe it. All our out-of-town guests stayed at Airlie and they had a million fun things to do during the day before the wedding. The pool is adjacent to the bar and game room. Some went skeet shooting, or used the complimentary bikes, or walked in the butterfly garden. I really can't say enough about Airlie.

Stacey · Married on 05/07/2016

This venue is absolutely stunning! From the moment we walked in and saw the garden we knew it was the place for us!! We met with Tara and everything went very smoothly, she was accommodating as we were still searching venues and didn't rush us in making our decision. Once our decision was made she was extremely helpful and answered any question I had and helped us know what to expect.

When it came to our food it was amazing - it just felt like it took forever to get to try our food - the tasting was three months before the wedding, which we were almost done paying for the wedding. It worked out because like I said it was incredible!!!

Day of we were working with Brooks and they made sure we had met and worked well with my wedding planner - I had as well! As far as I know everything went smoothly - Tara was there for us up until the day of and then it was Brooks! I felt well taken care of and didn't worry about anything. When we arrived the morning of in the old post room everything was amazing! The chairs were all set up for us to get ready, we had drinks galore, and coffee etc! Then they brought us some snacks which were great!! We then got our lunch and that was over the top!!! My girls and I never went hungry!!!

I have heard nothing but great things about the stations buffet and cocktails. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it was the perfect wedding!! I would recommend them to everyone and it was well worth the cost to not have to stress over every little detail!!!!

Sally · Married on 04/09/2016

Airlie is the hidden gem of Northern Virginia! It is everything you could want in a wedding venue - gorgeous grounds for both your ceremony and reception, accommodations for family & guests, on-site catering and rentals, and the best staff imaginable. Airlie is beautiful in every season- the team will work with you to find the right space for your wedding, no matter the season or the size of your party. Shiloh, our Airlie contact, was the best - she was incredibly professional and prompt with her responses to my many questions! Airlie definitely knows how to run events beautifully. We didn't have to worry about a thing because we knew they had it covered. Day-of, Shiloh and her staff would check in to make sure we didn't need anything and to ensure we were satisfied. We could call the front desk at any time while getting ready that morning and someone would bring us whatever we needed. We definitely felt like Airlie was cheering for us and so glad to have our wedding weekend there.

We loved starting off our wedding weekend with s'mores at the pub! It was so fun to have our families, bridal party, and out of town guests join us to hang out in the pub and game room on Friday night. It is so convenient to walk around Airlie - from the rooms to the manor house or the Pavilion is all in walking distance, but you can also hop on a bike or call the manor house and someone will come drive you! That was very convenient for elderly guests. It was so fun that our wedding guests could walk to and from all the wedding activities and we didn't have to worry about hiring transportation. The manor house, formal gardens and the Pavilion are incredible venues to have your ceremony & reception - they are so unique and absolutely stunning.

Finding Airlie was the easiest and best part of planning our wedding. It felt like a destination wedding as you can spend the weekend celebrating with family and friends, but it's less than an hour from DC! Airlie is truly the best!

Where do I start... we were SO HAPPY with Airlie, from start to finish! We worked with event manager, Tara Henson, at Airlie and we were beyond happy to work with her. She made the entire process fun and went out of her way to make things work specifically for us.

We understand that we are only one of numerous weddings at Airlie every year, but everyone there made us feel like royalty, as if we were the only ones getting married there. That said, you can tell that events are their business - they were absolute pros and everything went seamlessly, even when locations had to be changed last minute due to weather.

From the food (both rehearsal and reception), the lodging, the on-site "shuttles" at your service, and the amazing service from every person, we were "wow'd" and so were our guests. We received so many complements on how wonderful our venue is, and we're honestly hoping to crash someone else's wedding there we loved it so much!! :-)

Rachel · Married on 07/18/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/18/2015

Airlie was the absolutely perfect venue for our wedding. All our guests loved the setting, the food, and the service. Cannot recommend highly enough!