Ahern Beauty Reviews

95 | Massapequa Park, NY

95 Reviews for Ahern Beauty

• Sandy

Sandy H. · Married on 04/24/2021

Ahern Beauty-Greatest team ever!

Tracy & Michele were professional from the first inquiry. On the day of, they arrived very early in the morning and got all the hair and makeup done in record time. The hair was perfect in terms of what was requested and the makeup was not only beautiful, but very natural looking. Everyone was so pleased at the results and the speed in which it was all done. I fully recommend them for your event.

Sent on 04/27/2021

Leigh M. · Married on 02/03/2021

Amazing Hair Stylist!

I was truly blessed to get to work with Tracy and Ahern Beauty for my wedding. My sister met Tracy when she was a bridesmaid at another wedding a few years ago and was amazed at how quickly and beautifully she did all the bridesmaids’ hair, so when it came time to book a hair stylist for my wedding, I went with Tracy immediately. And I couldn’t be happier that I did. Tracy came to my house for two trials and showed me a few different styles in one sitting. She was happy to show me whatever I wanted until I was completely happy. She listened to my feedback and thoughts until I finally decided on my hairstyle, and I knew it was going to be perfect on my wedding day! On top of Tracy being extremely talented and making me and my girls look gorgeous on my wedding day, she also showed up to my wedding when things were all shutting down due to the coronavirus, and she came with a smile on her face. She and her assistant were professional, kind, and wonderful. And… to top it all off, I had a serious makeup emergency, and although I hadn’t hired Tracy to do my makeup, she IMMEDIATELY stepped up to help me fix it. She went so far as to leave the hotel, go to 3 different stores to find what we needed, and then helped me fix the issue. She literally saved the day and made my makeup look a million times better. And she didn’t even charge me. When I thanked her she said, “I’d want someone to do this for me.” And that’s just the kind of person she is. When you hire Tracy/Ahern Beauty, you aren’t just hiring a company, you’re hiring a person, a person who actually cares about you and wants you to look and feel beautiful. I am so glad to have met Tracy and know I will continue to work with her in the future whenever possible!

Sent on 03/22/2020

Emilie · Married on 12/05/2020

12/5/20 experience

Tracy and Jackie were amazing! My mom and bridal party can’t stop talking about how much they loved them! They listen to what you want and if you don’t like something, they have no problem changing it! I loved how my makeup and hair came out! They are also so quick and you won’t believe how fast they are done!! Definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 12/07/2020

Jessica K. · Married on 11/13/2020

So amazing!

Everyone’s hair for my wedding was truly were amazing! I can’t say enough good things. I couldn’t do a trial for my wedding and they came in the day of and made everything so easy! My makeup stayed on all day/night with no issues whatsoever.

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • Sara

Sara R. · Married on 09/21/2020

The very best!

I first found Ahern Beauty back in March of 2019 through their sister company, Adelyn's Canvas, while on the search for the perfect beauty team for my big day, originally planned for May 2020. After working with these two companies, I can definitely say that I found the DREAM TEAM!

From the beginning they've been communicative, flexible and amazing to work with. Beyond that they are the best people to be around, and INCREDIBLY TALENTED.

At my trial, Tracy tried several different hair styles on me, and even had sample extensions with her (since I had desperately wanted clip in extensions for my big day). I was amazed by how quickly she could m transform my hair, and how much she understood what I was after. Jaclyn, who did my makeup, did very much the same- making sure she got the look I was after and providing her suggestions based on her knowledge and expertise. More so, they were SO MUCH FUN to be around, my mom and I loved them, and I signed on the spot. It was the easiest and best vendor decision I made for the entire wedding.

Fast forward to 2020, the pandemic hit and plans needed to change. They were incredibly flexible, understanding and accommodating changing my contract to reflect my new date--- and then AGAIN when plans changes once more, and with only 1 month's notice. Beyond that, just a few weeks before our new date, while talking with Jaclyn I mentioned I was concerned because I hadn't gotten a hair cut in MONTHS due to the pandemic. Right away, Tracy called me and next thing I know, Tracy is coming over to give me an at-home covid hair cut to ensure my hair would be in good shape for the wedding day. The compassion and care that they have for their clients is unmatched.

On the day of the wedding, Ahern Beauty and Adelyn's Canvas arrived at the venue and opted in to our covid rapid testing. Despite the fact that this stretched out timeline, they were still able to have everyone's hair and makeup completed and looking AMAZING right on time. My bridesmaids not only loved their looks, but also loved hanging out with them all morning! I had one friend who tried an up-do for the very first time and she was OBSESSED with how it turned out. I looked EXACTLY how I imagined and was ecstatic.

I had them stay for touch ups throughout the day, and I'm SO GLAD that I did. Not only did it keep my looking fresh all day, but also Tracy and Jaclyn are full of positive energy and provided the much needed sense of calm that brides are after when there is so much going on around them.

I'm so grateful to Ahern Beauty and Adelyn's Canvas and so happy that I chose them for my wedding day

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Megan

Megan M. · Married on 09/18/2020

Dream stylist!

Tracy is the stylist you dream about hanging out with on your wedding day! She's so laid back and an expert in her field. I had flawless hair not only on my wedding day but also for the 3 days after :) It was so fun having her team and Adelyn's Canvas hanging out with us on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2020

Melissa D. · Married on 07/25/2020

Worked Wonders!

These girls worked wonders in only about 30 minutes! They were both so kind and so friendly and extremely talented at what they do! My makeup and hair came out even better then I had expected. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/15/2020

Ahern Beauty's reply:

Yayyy your pictures are gorgeous 😘😘. We can’t wait to see more. Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day
  • Z

Zoe F. · Married on 02/09/2020

Tracy is unreal!

I had my wedding hair done by Tracy Ahearn, and I cannot thank her enough for making me feel like a princess on my wedding day! Tracy is the most amazing hair stylist- super kind, warm, with incredible skill and speed. My bridesmaids and I are obsessed with her. HIGHLY recommend her!!

Sent on 02/11/2020
  • Reena

Reena K. · Married on 01/12/2020

You will not find a better stylist!

The best decision I made for my wedding was hiring the Ahern Beauty / Adelyn's Canvas team. Tracy and Jackie are not only incredibly talented, but they are genuinely wonderful human beings that I enjoyed spending my big day with. Tracy has a natural ability with hair, making my and my loved ones dreams a reality and taking our ideas to a whole new level with such dimension and detail. Because of this team, I looked and felt like a goddess all day while still looking like myself, rather than feeling hidden behind heavy makeup and extensions. Their ability to emphasize my natural features and keep everything flawless for the entire day was unbelievable. Tracy got to know every lady personally and made every person feel heard, treating each woman like it was her special day. She gave beautiful hairpieces to my flower girls and tousled the mothers and my grandma's hair with ease. If you want a kindhearted, caring, and fabulously talented individual to get you through your wedding, look no further. My husband could not believe how natural and enhanced I looked and he keeps raving about how I looked so natural since we were both afraid of the glam, over-the-top vendors on Long Island. Tracy, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am truly blessed to have met you and to have had you with me on my wedding day.

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 11/16/2019

Exactly what I wanted!

Tracy was just amazing! I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do with my hair on my wedding day. Tracy tried multiple different options and sent me pictures during my hair trial(s). This allowed me to see it in person and also look back to see if I liked the styles in person. On the day of, Tracy styled my hair exactly the way I ended up envisioning. It was perfect! She also did a beautiful job for 13 bridesmaids and my mom! I highly recommend Ahern Beauty and hope to use them for future events!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

I used Adelyn’s Canvas and Ahearn Beauty for makeup and hair for me and my 12 bridesmaids and I cannot say enough positive things. My sister had used them for her wedding a few years earlier, so I was not that surprised when they wowed us once again. ALL of my bridesmaids were extremely happy with how their makeup and hair came out. Jaclyn and Michele and their staff are super friendly and were fun to hang with while getting ready. They made sure that each bridesmaid got what they wanted, continuing to do touchups as the bridesmaids asked. As for me, the bride, well they knocked both hair and makeup out of the park. After trying multiple hairstyles at my trial and still being indecisive, Michele continued to work with me until I decided on the perfect style. I absolutely loved how I looked on my wedding day (as did my husband). They did an amazing job and I would highly recommend both companies to all brides.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Taylor · Married on 10/05/2019

Incredible!!

Ahern Beauty was absolutely wonderful! Tracy and her staff did the most amazing job on my hair (bride) and all of my bridesmaids. Everyone including myself looked like rockstars on the day of my wedding! Tracy was extremely accommodating, and really listened to what everyone wanted for their up-do’s. I actually had a unique situation where I did an initial trial and completely switched my hair to a different style the day of my wedding. Tracy came up with a new look on the fly, and it was perfect. The team was SO down to earth, super laid back, and very easy going. They were so fun to be around, and really made everyone feel so comfortable and at ease during what could’ve been a very stressful morning. I would recommend Ahern Beauty to anyone- seriously cannot say enough good things!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Brittani · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing job and amazing artists!

Had my wedding day makeup done by Michelle and hair by Andrea! They were amazing and I could not have asked for more! So great at communicating and giving me exactly what I wanted. They did all my bridesmaids and mother as well and everyone loved how their looks came out. They were both so friendly and made the time much more relaxing and less nerve wracking. Very attentive to the detail of hair and makeup and helped me pick when I couldn’t decide on something myself. I would definitely recommend this company for your special day they honestly did an amazing job and made everything so wonderful!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Katie R. · Married on 08/17/2019

Great Experience!

I cannot recommend the team at Ahern Beauty highly enough. Tracy came highly praised by a few friends and while she personally wasn't available to do my wedding, she put together a team of incredible hair and makeup professionals that made everyone feel comfortable and excited. Andrea and Devon were both so easy and flexible to work with. I misread a few pieces of fine print in the agreement, but they were completely fine with staying a little bit later than expected and finding solutions to my error. As for the look, it exceeded every expectation I had and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 09/15/2019

Erin L. · Married on 08/11/2019

All my dreams come true!

I cannot say enough about how amazing Tracy is and how beautiful my hair came out the day of my wedding. Tracy executed the idea I had in my head and the multiple Pinterest photos I had saved in my phone beyond what I could have even imagined. I felt absolutely beautiful. Her care and precision was amazing. The entire bridal party felt beautiful and were so happy with how their hair looked on our day. I will forever be thinking about my hair!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah M. · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Modern wedding hair!

I found Ahern beauty through their sister makeup company Adelyn’s canvas. I love that these women are good friends and have a ton of experience working together, and that gave me peace of mind when booking. I wanted my wedding hair to be pretty simple—waves loosely pinned back on either side with this headpiece I bought. I’m really not a fan of “bridal hair” (aka tight banana curls or updos), so I was nervous about finding the right company to work with. My trial went well, and Tracy even texted met me the next day to see how my hair held up.
    All of my bridesmaids and moms the day off looked amazing. They all got to pick what they wanted and Tracy and her assistant were able to accommodate any changes.
    Although my curls dropped by the end of the night (this is due to my extremely straight, heavy and soft hair and not Tracy) All the bobby pins were still tight in place. My friends who have hair that holds curls better still looked great well into the night and beyond!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Marion

Marion · Married on 07/11/2019

Can’t Thank Enough

Choosing Ahern Beauty as a vendor for my wedding was a complete joy. From my first email- this company made me feel so relaxed and taken care of. I had the pleasure of having Michele and Tracy as my hair and makeup the day of. They are true gems. Pleasant and warm, exactly the type of people you want to surround you during an emotional morning.

During the trial, I was struggling with the makeup looks I thought I might like/ look good on me. I brought my ideas to them and they happily helped me figure out what worked and would complement my dress. On the day of, both were early and ready to start. They worked quickly but with such precision and care, truly listening to what everyone wanted. We stayed on schedule and everyone loved how they looked. I asked for slight variations to my hair from what we did at the trial and they adjusted without issue. My sister who had never had her makeup and hair professionally done felt so at ease with them, it was awesome to watch. My own hair and makeup lasted the entire day- past the after party. And I personally felt amazing and confident- loving every aspect of the look they had created for me. I can’t thank them enough.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren F. · Married on 06/22/2019

Dream Hair/Makeup Team!

Choosing Ahern Beauty was one of the best wedding decisions I made. The entire team was so kind and responsive from the day I reached out to them. I was so excited to have Candy for hair, she remained patient during the entire process, always open to any re-dos necessary to perfect my bridal look. On the day of, Candy arrived early and my seven bridesmaids and I looked beautiful with plenty of time for photos. She did so much more than hair that day, she kept everyone at ease and laughing. Choose Ahern Beauty, I promise you will not regret it!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Julianne

Julianne S. · Married on 06/08/2019

Loved my Wedding Makeup!

Hair & Makeup – Adelyn’s Canvas & Ahern Beauty; IG: adelynscanvas, ahernbeauty
    Both hair and makeup were through Jacklyn Accetta, and they were just fabulous! The ladies came to my parent’s home super early in the morning, had all of my bridesmaids done quickly and right on schedule, and everyone looked beautiful. The girls were also so sweet and even put up with my family dog walking through their tools throughout the morning. I was so impressed with their work and thrilled with the outcome. My whole group was very happy with the experience.

Hair – Michele; IG: michele_aherdbeauty
    So I know a lot of people do multiple trials to find someone, but I didn’t really want to spend money on testing out multiple hairdressers. I think the purpose of the trial is to figure out what you like and don’t like. I did not love my hairstyle from my hair trial, but I gave that feedback and went through exactly what I wanted, and my hair came out amazing the day of my wedding. My curls were beautiful and so unique to me, and they even lasted through to the end of the night after plenty of wind and dancing. Michele was also super sweet and was able to work with my feedback without taking anything personally. I was so happy with the outcome.

Makeup – Lexi; IG: lexi_adelynscanvas
    I’m not a make-up person – I barely wear any and before this had never even had fake eye lashes before. So I wanted something very natural. Lexi executed my look perfectly. My makeup was natural and stayed on all night as well. One of my friends commented that I looked like myself with better eye lashes – so it was a great success!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Hillary

Hillary T. · Married on 05/25/2019

Just perfect

I can't say enough good things about Tracy. She was beyond talented and kept me and my bridal party calm and smiling throughout.

I loved my hair and got many compliments, including one from a family member who decided to have her hair styled the same way at another event. I've already recommended Ahern Beauty to friends. If I had another event, I'd hire them in a second!

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Rose

Rose M. · Married on 05/19/2019

Dream wedding look come true!!!

I got married in Montauk NY this May 2019 and I could not have been happier working with Tracy and Jaclyn for my big day! I highly recommend them to any bride looking for an excellent beauty team. They were incredible from the trial all the way through to the last minute touches on the big day. I wanted an old Hollywood glam/waves look and wow did they meet all my expectations! Hair and makeup can feel like a big deal on your wedding day (something I was nervous about) with most of the attention all focused on the bride, all the photos being of your face and the full bridal look; with Tracy and Jaclyn, it all happened with ease and perfection. We tried a couple different makeup and hair looks with 2 trials I did, and the final look on my wedding day was 100% what I wanted and I could not have felt more beautiful. My 5 bridesmaids, flower girl, mother, and mother in law all got their hair and makeup done. Everyone looked so beautiful and all were happy with their look! I did go with their suggestion to use extensions and they were very nice quality clip in ones that I was able to take out on my own, and I do think it made a different like Tracy suggested (I also got to keep them which was a nice perk). As far as working with them and having them in my space to get ready, Tracy and Jaclyn were super fun, a pleasure to work with, both such lovely people who I would choose to work with again and again if I could relive that journey over! Thank you both so much for making my dream look come true on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Kara

Kara H. · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing Hair and Makeup Team!

Tracy and Jaclyn did an amazing job making me, my bridal party, and moms look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! Right from day one when I booked my trial, throughout the many questions I had in the months leading up to my wedding, to the wedding day itself, both Tracy and Jaclyn were responsive, professional, delightful to be around, and EXPERTS at hair and makeup. On the wedding day they arrived a few minutes early and managed to make 9 women look amazing way ahead of schedule, and they stuck around for touch ups. They both listened to what I wanted and made it happen exactly as I pictured. They were both also very willing to make changes in the moment and patient with me when I kept asking for minor adjustments. If you book this team for your wedding you will NOT be disappointed. Thank you so much Tracy and Jaclyn!!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Q. · Married on 03/30/2019

Simply Amazing!!

Adeyln's Canvas and Ahern Beauty blew me away with their professionalism, courtesy towards clients, and amazing work they do! I was always concerned about not looking like myself for my wedding day as many makeup artists and hair stylists tend to over do the job. I was speechless seeing myself in the mirror as they combined natural beauty with amazing artistic enhancement. Everything about my makeup and hair look was perfect and it photographed so well, lasting the entire day from 5am start to late into the night. My photos came out so nice and all of the girls in the bridal party were absolutely stunning! I would choose them over and over again! Michele was so wonderful to work with all throughout the process, exlaining every little detail perfectly and building great rapport with my bridal party, the moms, and myself! My Mother-in-Law never wears make up and she made her absolutely glow the entire day while putting her comfort first! Candy was wonderful with all the hair styles we threw at her! There is nothing she can't do when it comes to amazing styling! I had been messaging her regarding changes in my personal hairstyle and she accommodated it so well, delivering the exact look I was going for! She did the flower girl's style on the spot and it fit her beautifully. All the girls were great to interact with and it was such a pleasure to work with their company. I would recommend them to everyone, whether it be for a wedding, party, or special event. They are fantastic and enhance everyone's natural beauty with a great touch of elegant glamour.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Mackenzie K. · Married on 03/09/2019

Best decision ever!

Lexi (makeup) and Andrea (hair) were the dream team! Andrea perfectly replicated a picture I showed her as my inspiration for my hair look. It honestly came out better than the picture in my opinion. Plus my hair hardly takes a curl and the curls came out beautiful and lasted all night long! I pretty much just showed Lexi a picture of my dress and our color palette and she worked her magic without any direction from me at all. I typically don't wear much makeup so I was nervous but it came out way better than I imagined. The hair/makeup on my bridal team was incredible too, everyone received SO many compliments!! The girls were also extremely professional, on time ( even a few minutes early), and answered any questions right away. I will definitely recommend them to all my friends planning weddings in the future :)

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Vendor and Experience

I hired this vendor and Adelyn's Canvas for my hair and make up for myself for my wedding and they were amazing!!!!! From my trial to the day of, I have absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say. They are a bit on the pricier side but it was so well worth it. I dealt with the companies via this website and then via text with the actual girls who did my hair/makeup the day of and the communication was amazing throughout and they were so warm and personable. The day of, Candy did my hair and Christina did my makeup and they were both so awesome. They helped me stay calm, worked with me on the looks I wanted and any alternations we needed to make from the trials and they were just fun to work with as well. I would recommend them hands down!

Sent on 11/02/2018