aGreatBand.com Reviews

16 | Chester, NJ

16 Reviews for aGreatBand.com

Michele · Married on 04/08/2017

A band or a DJ? That was the question. We really wanted a band to make our ‘big party’ dream a reality. A Great Band was on the list of recommended bands from our wedding venue, the Park Avenue Club. We talked to lots of bands that ranged from $4,000 to more than $20,000 - what sticker shock! We talked and met with Jon who manages and plays in the group of bands under the A Great Band umbrella. We were very impressed with him, his enthusiasm, his willingness to work with us and the guidance he gave us. We chose Red Hot Rhythm to be our wedding band and we could not have been happier that we put our trust in Jon and his talented musicians. Jon’s experience and intuitiveness helped us navigate through music selection and instruments for the ceremony (cellist and keyboard), cocktail hour (pianist) and reception (8 piece rockin' band with horns, 3 singers, drums, guitars and keyboard). The band played everything that we asked for from ‘It’s a Wonderful World’ to ‘Shut Up and Dance with Me’ like the rock stars they are. Jon served as our Master of Ceremonies and led us and our guests throughout the evening. Everyone raved about how talented and wonderful the band was. Big party – delivered - thanks to Red Hot Rhythm and Jon!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jordie · Married on 11/01/2014

BEST BAND EVER!!! Jon Simpson and everyone in Rhythm Jam made our wedding absolutely wonderful and special. Planning was a pleasure, as Jon is kind and positive. He was willing and even excited to cater to whatever requests we had regarding our song choices, the overall feel of the music, and the timeline for the evening. The band (including the musicians for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) sounded AMAZING! The music was beautiful for the ceremony and cocktail hour and just as beautiful and TONS of fun for the reception. The whole party was on its feet throughout the whole night, having an absolute blast. The band sounded wonderful, had amazing energy, and were quite honestly special people to work with. I cannot imagine a better band anywhere. More guests from the party than I can even count have already called me to tell me that they have never heard a better band, and I of course agree! I will have such happy memories of dancing to their music and interacting with the company throughout the whole process. Jon and Rhythm Jam were a huge part of what made the happiest night of our lives such a joy!

Sent on 11/07/2014

These guys were fantastic. That made it a great night. We would recommend them to anyone looking for the right band. They were open to playing some obscure selections and accommodated the combination of instruments we wanted to use for the ceremony. They also brought the party!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

If you’re looking for a band that will keep your guests on their feet all night and bring an incredible amount of energy to your wedding day, you don't need to look any further than Manhattan Rhythm Machine. In the three months since our wedding, our friends and family are still raving about how amazing they were — and we couldn't agree more.

What made MRM stand out compared to other bands we talked to was their clear commitment to playing great music and feeding off of the crowd. They don't just play music that they love — they play music that is clearly working for you and your guests of all ages. And that’s what we loved about them. They kept the energy up and the dance floor full the entire night — playing songs that worked for our entire party. From Top 40 to Classic Rock to Motown to 90s hits and everything in between. They even learned two uncommon country songs for our first dance and parents dances.

Not only were they amazing at our wedding, they were also great to work with in the months leading up to the big day. Jon, the band leader, was super responsive, always helpful and truly listened to my husband and I to ensure he understood our vision for the day. He met with us multiple times to hear our suggestions and share his ideas based on his expertise. He also helped us coordinate timing for the entire reception — entrances, food, speeches, down time and, of course, dancing — which was extremely helpful to us and our venue.

Hiring Manhattan Rhythm Machine was the best decision we made. They blew our expectations out of the water and are sure to do the same for you. Words cannot explain how grateful we are for making the process so easy and providing us with the perfect music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and the reception. So simply, thank you.

Sent on 01/04/2015

From day one of working with Jon Simpson who helped organize Manhattan Rhythm Machine for our wedding, until the encore song they all so generously agreed to play, it was all so easy and fun. The wedding was absolutely perfect - even better than we could have imagined - and so much of that was thanks to Jon, his management of the evening, and the absolutely incredible skill and energy of Manhattan Rhythm Machine. EVERYONE was talking about how fantastic the band was and asking for their info. We loved working with them and having them at our wedding - it was truly unforgettable.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Jess · Married on 08/17/2013

My fiance and I hired Manhattan Rhythm Machine for our wedding on August 17, 2013 and they brought the house DOWN! I cannot even count the number of guests who came up to me both during and after the wedding to us we had the most amazing band they've ever seen at a wedding. The music is by far the most crucial element to pulling off a rocking party and these guys really delivered.

Not only was the band extremely talent - both musicians and vocalists - they knew exactly when to play certain songs to steer the party in a certain direction. They have a keen ability to "read the room" and alter the musical selections based on the vibe of the crowd.

Every point of contact with the band leader was professional, friendly and everyone was overall very responsive and provided great suggestions.

This is definitely the company you want to go with if your ultimate goal is a stress-free, exceptionally fun wedding day experience.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I hired TriBeCa Rhythm (one of the bands in the group) for our wedding out in Montauk and they were just the greatest. When researching bands/options shortly after we decided a date, we saw a few of our favorite bands perform at showcases/bars. We actually never saw TriBeCa Rhythm live but we met with Brad and he showed us videos. I kind of figured since we didn't actually see them live, that we would have leaned a different way but they just impressed us SO much in that one hour meeting that we had to book them. Dealing with Brad throughout the contract signing was great. He was responsive and definitely was aware of our needs throughout the whole process (which can be painful). About a month before the wedding, we met with Brad and just went over the reception and what we were looking for. To be honest, my husband and I weren't very picky when it came down to particular songs but we gave them a list of "favorites" so they got a good idea of what we were looking for and they just nailed it! We even requested a song they have never played before (a Jamaican song that would be a fan favorite of my Jamaican guests) and a few days before the wedding they let me know that they probably wouldn't be able to play it. I was fine with that, again wasn't took picky, but come the wedding day, they played it and ROCKED it. I've been to a lot of weddings and have seen a lot of wedding bands but I honestly can say that they were the absolute best band I've ever seen. Every single guest still cannot stop talking about the band and I know they will be comparing to TriBeCa Rhythm at every wedding they go to going forward but it just won't compare. I just can't say enough how awesome they were - easy to work with, very accommodating, super friendly and the band was really social throughout the wedding getting everyone involved! I would give them 6's on each of the categories if I could.
    Thanks, Jerry Kravat & TriBeCa Rhythm!!! You made our wedding day!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Jon is a consummate professional and made the planning process a breeze. The band was incredible and brought the house down. A+ would definitely recommend.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Robin · Married on 06/22/2013

Jon Simpson and Red Hot Productions provided a wonderful string quartet (Imperial Strings) for our daughter's at home, garden ceremony and cocktail hour. They were able to provide jazz, classical and popular music with a Violin, Viola, Cello and Classical Guitar. Jon was very helpful with our music selections and everyone was professional, pleasant and quite flexible, as they had to move to different locations around our property. Jon's response time was immediate and his prices were quite fair. We would certainly recommend contacting Jon Simpson for any entertainment needs. All went so smoothly. Thanks Jon!! Rob and Robin

Sent on 07/24/2013

Jim · Married on 12/30/2012

Manhattan Rythm Machine was awesome! This was the second time we hired a band for a wedding from this organization. You will not find a more professional group of people that really know what they are doing. They even had my 91 year old Mother In Law on her feet most of the night and the under 30 crowd never sat down. If your looking for someone to take the worry about the music out of the equation you have found it here. Bravo, again!!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Marlene · Married on 06/24/2012

Dear Jon, It's just one day since Becky and Philip's wedding and I have received dozens of calls praising you and the band. Everyone loved you! All I can say is I had high hopes but you guys far exceeded all of them. You are fabulous, amazing, wonderful, talented and definitely the best band I have ever heard. I look forward to seeing you again and hopefully having you perform at future celebrations! Thank you so much!!! Sincerely,Marlene Loren

Sent on 06/27/2012

sean · Married on 06/09/2012

The band we booked was Red Hot Rhythm (they have a few and all seem excellent). They were absolutely amazing. This is the e-mail that we sent a couple days after our wedding...

Jon,

We wanted to reach out to you and the band to express our gratitude for Saturday night. They were absolutely phenomenal. You'd said that they would be amazing and if anything, you undersold them. Being a musician, the music was extremely important to me and they really were perfect. Awesome singers, awesome musicians. They also played a bunch of the requests I sent to you and did a great job of bringing me in to do my couple songs.

I can't tell you how many people came up to me during and after the wedding to compliment the band. Actually, a lot of people said that it was the best or one of the best weddings they've ever been to.

Please let them know how happy we were and how much they meant in making our big day that much better. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Hope we can work together down the road sometime.

Thank you again.

Sent on 06/30/2012

Barbara · Married on 03/24/2012

Best band ever! It was the second time we used them and will certainly use them again. They were not only a great band....fun variety of music, great vocals, took requests, etc., but everyone in the band was very personable and approachable.

Sent on 05/14/2012
  • jessica

jessica · Married on 07/03/2011

we booked rhythm jam for our wedding and they were FANTASTIC. jon, the band leader, was great. he made sure we got exactly what we wanted (and what we didn't want -- thank you for not playing ANY black eyed peas songs!) and he was able to accommodate several atypical song requests (for example, i walked down the aisle to a ben folds five song and our first dance was a slowed down version of "the way you make me feel" with my step-brother on the guitar). EVERYONE was up and dancing the whole time and had such a blast. my guests are still telling me how awesome the band was.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Megan · Married on 06/04/2011

John was a delight to work and plan with... he made the whole process a breeze...
    And THE BAND! Red Hot Rhythm... OUT OF THIS WORLD... A month after our wedding and we are still getting comments that it was the best wedding they've been to because of the band. And several people have asked for their info for their own upcoming events.
    They had amazing energy, talent and sound. They made our event. Thank you so much!
    Megan (Flaherty) and John Gorman

Sent on 07/15/2011

amy · Married on 03/06/2010

Live band is the way to go! Tribeca Horns or Tirbeca Rhythm kept the party going. They played all typed of music, the dance floor was packed almost all night and no one wanted to go home. Lots of energy and full of talent!

Sent on 03/24/2010

aGreatBand.com's reply:

Amy, thank you so much for your review! Tribeca Horns was delighted to perform at your wedding! You and your guests were a lot of fun to interact with! We'll definitely have to do it again!