After the Engagement Wedding Planning Reviews

After the Engagement Wedding Planning 7
  • Samantha

Samantha Mocega Williams · Getting married on 04/09/2020

Everything I needed and more

I was referred to Courtney and her team from a friend of a friend. My fiance and I had recently moved to Australia and were trying to plan a wedding in San Diego. I'm so glad we had Courtney by our side during this experience. I have two memories that stick out for me: 1) Courtney accompanied my parents and sister to our tasting with MIHO (YOU MUST HIRE THEM AS WELL) and guided them throughout the whole process. It was amazing to hear how much they enjoyed her company and advice throughout the tasting. They still rave about how great she is :). It made me feel so good to know they were integrated into the experience. 2) At the rehearsal, Courtney pulled me aside as I had a very panicked look on my face and asked what I was worried about. I listed everything that made me feel overwhelmed and she basically took it as a checklist and completely removed it from my shoulders. I remember the exact feeling after the conversation - complete relief.

I'm glad you found this page and I hope my review offers a glimpse into the true value Courtney and her team provided during our experience. There is no way I could have done this without her and the day I walked in to see our creation I wanted to cry because it went above and beyond what I thought was possible.

Sent on 04/23/2019
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 8
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 9
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 10

Rachel Griego · Married on 05/11/2019

The absolute BEST

Courtney and her team are the absolute best in the business. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

We did the "Big Day" package and it was exactly what we needed. Courtney provided expert guidance and advice as we navigated our own planning. Her knowledge and experience were unparalleled and her kindness and professionalism next level! Not only was she available to answer any / all questions for the 3 months leading to our big day, she responded immediately to every email and was always happy and available to chat on the phone if we needed. We honestly could not have done it without her! She also coordinated all our booked vendors and made sure we had everything we needed for our insurance etc.. Stuff I would never have even known to ask she had 100% covered and explained every step of the way!

For our day-of coordination we were thrilled to have Johnny lead us through the day! Johnny absolutely MADE. THE. DAY. He was cool, calm and collected and ran our day schedule to perfection. It is a true talent to deal with families and friends on such an emotional day and keep it all on track and he did it with style and finesse! He solved every problem that arose: sorting a new cake stand when the one I had purchased was too small, getting us a shout wipe when I smudged makeup all over the groom's collar, rearranging the toasts last minute because we're crazy ! He had it all covered!

Between the two of them they alleviated our planning stresses and made it a perfect worry-free day! We honestly could not have done it without them!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 11
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 12
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 13
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Decision Ever!!

We are obsessed with Courtney and her team at AtE. From the moment we talked to Courtney and asked her, "Are we crazy for planning a destination wedding in six months?" and she said "Definitely not!," we knew we were in good hands. From afar, she guided us confidently through a process we knew nothing about, making brilliant recommendations while also allowing us to live out our vision to the fullest. She never questioned or judged our ideas - rather, she enhanced each one with great suggestions and swift connections. Every single suggestion Courtney had was accurate - throughout the process, we found ourselves constantly saying "Of course it's right, Courtney recommended it!"

Our friends and family thanked us for being so calm on our wedding day, and we told them all it was because Courtney and her team were on top of it. We couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect wedding day. When I got a scuff on my wedding dress, Courtney was there to buff it out with a Shout wipe. When my dad fell on the steps before the ceremony, Courtney practically was there to catch him (and never tell me about it! Don't worry, he was fine.). When we almost ran out of rosé, Johnny was there to ease the maid of honor's mind, assuring her he would make it work or get more - then he found an extra case. We're so grateful that Courtney and Johnny made our dreams come true. Don't question your gut - book AtE now!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 14
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 15

Daniel Heller · Married on 10/27/2018

Worry-free Experience!

Courtney and her team were fantastic! We always felt like they had our back throughout the whole process. And when the wedding started, we felt like her and her team kept things running smoothly and efficiently - which let us enjoy the night worry-free!

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Hailey

Hailey Powell · Married on 03/03/2018

Best day ever thanks to ATE!

Words can not express how thankful we were that we chose Courtney and her team to be our wedding planner. She was super easy to work with and would have absolutely died without her. Right from the beginning I knew she could bring my vision to life. She was there every step of the way and responded right away with any email and texts from me asking a billion questions ! She put my mind at ease whenever a situation presented itself.
    Day of we had a couple obstacles that arose and she dealt with them as a true professional. Everything came out amazing and it was so fun having her and Johnny around. I can not say enough good things about both of them!!
    ATE has so much experience with venues and vendors in the PS area that it would be silly to hire anyone else but them!!

Sent on 02/25/2019
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 16
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 17
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 18
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 19
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 20

Amanda · Married on 12/29/2017

Courtney was amazing!!! We could not have planned our destination wedding without her! We loved all of her vendor recommendations and she was so responsive to emails and answered all of my questions, even on Thanksgiving! On wedding day, she handled all of the details and logistics which made our day calm, relaxing, and so enjoyable. Our wedding was completely perfect because of Courtney!

Sent on 01/10/2018

rachel · Married on 11/11/2017

Courtney and her team were truly indispensable during the wedding planning process. I felt that communication was quick but thorough, and that Courtney was full of solutions and excellent referrals to help us move through many decisions along the way. Courtney’s energy is that of a pro: calm, collected, and always aware of the bigger picture for the day.
    We couldn’t have asked for a more well-connected and helpful team to make our wedding day a dream come true. Thank you!!

Sent on 03/13/2018
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 21
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 22
    After the Engagement Wedding Planning 23

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Hiring Courtney and her team at After the Engagement was the BEST decision my husband and I made after we got engaged and started to plan our destination wedding in Palm Springs. I still remember the very first call we had with Courtney (before we decided to work with her), and how she explained the process, our options, and answered all our questions - we knew instantly we needed to work with her and could trust her to help us create one of the most special days of our lives. My husband and I live in New York, so thinking about planning a destination wedding from afar and under a year felt a bit daunting. But Courtney made us feel at ease and we knew we could count on her for every last detail. During the process, Courtney guided us every step of the way. We had to bring in every single vendor (florals, tables, chairs, lighting, etc) and Courtney was totally on point with every single vendor she recommended based on our budget and the vibe we were going for. Courtney is extremely easy-going, as a great sense of humor, and is so accommodating. We knew she truly listened to us. The day of our wedding we were blown away - she and her team exceeded our expectations (which were already very high!) and everything was absolutely PERFECT. She coordinated every last detail to make sure the day ran as smoothly as possible. It was a day I know we will never forget, and our friends and family are still telling us months later how our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. We cannot thank Courtney and her team enough for their amazing work and support. We highly recommend After the Engagement to anyone looking to create a kick-ass wedding of their dreams!

Sent on 03/18/2018

Rochelle · Married on 08/19/2017

If you are planning a destination wedding in Southern California, I would highly recommend reaching out to Courtney before you get too far into the planning process.

My husband and I live in Chicago but with family on both coasts decided to have a destination wedding near Pacific Beach in San Diego. Since we were unfamiliar with San Diego, we found researching vendors online was extremely overwhelming. We sought personal recommendations so altered our approach to first find a local planner.

Courtney was recommended to us by a friend, and hands down, was the best decision we made throughout the whole wedding planning process. We signed up for partial planning with Courtney, which meant she provided vendor suggestions, reviewed contracts for us, and provided overall guidance throughout, but really swooped in to handle every last detail the month before our wedding through the day of the event. From the very beginning of our working relationship, Courtney took the time to get to know us and truly listen to what we envisioned for our wedding day. Without fail, for a year and a half straight, Courtney answered every one of our emails within 24 hours, but most of them within 1-2 hours! She was organized, providing us with a timeline, as well as a list of recommended vendors.

Courtney always made herself available to us whenever we had a question, and was our trusted advisor the whole way through. We've never met anyone as hard-working as Courtney. Through the wedding day itself, Courtney puts her all into making sure her clients are happy. Despite living in two different cities, Courtney made us feel like fast friends. Courtney exceeded our expectations, we feel lucky to have worked with her!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Ryan · Married on 05/20/2017

Despite our due diligence of several interviews, my husband and I knew Courtney was our perfect match before we even spoke. Even through her website we gleaned some of the absolute "must-have" qualities that she proved time and again to have in spades: organization and efficient communication, style and a bold sense of humor, a clear grasp of what elements mattered the most to us on our wedding day, a down to earth and reality-based attitude, personality and connection with us like we were old friends. She really was my dream/fantasy planner. I found myself repeating to friends and family, "She just gets it." There were times I was almost embarrassed by how much I was gushing about enjoying working with her and the entire process of planning. She provided us with perfect-match vendors, shaped a reasonable budget and negotiated with pricier vendors, she kept me calm and allowed me to let go of unnecessary traditions or elements that really weren't needed, and she was consistently very attentive to questions. Our wedding day was truly without a hitch, with all of the important elements in place. It was a dream day beyond our expectations, from which we are still reeling months later. Now that it is over I miss commiserating with her. I always heard that the planning process is very stressful. It doesn't have to be. Courtney and her team will see to that.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Amy · Married on 02/11/2017

If you are not seeking a traditional wedding, look no further. If you are hoping to enjoy a stress-free planning process and worry-free day, Courtney is the gal for you. I have a good amount of event planning experience at my job and probably could have thrown together a pretty decent party, although I doubt I would have survived to see it, perishing from a massive panic attack somewhere along the way. I cannot stress how wonderful it was to hand the reigns over to someone who "gets it," who understood my vision, and who executed it to perfection with what I would consider minimal guidance on my part. (She's so great, I actually got to be kind of a lazy bride - I KNEW everything would be taken care of.) I also have a tendency to worry extensively about minor details and it was really comforting to be able to contact her at a random hour and get a timely response explaining some weird thing I was thinking about. She had an answer for every insane question I asked and is a total pro - she is well versed in just about every possible scenario and was able to provide us different possible outcomes so we could decide the best course for us.

Courtney is so worth the investment, it's not even worth pondering...unless you really like drama, because there is absolutely none with this fantastic lady. I would recommend her over and over again, and I am eternally grateful to her for allowing us to enjoy this special time in our lives without a care or worry in the world.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Samantha · Married on 01/28/2017

When my sister got engaged I knew planning the wedding was going to be challenging. Our family is huge and so was his side. They were on a budget and wanted it all. I work in the wedding industry as a photographer and have for the last 10 years. I knew from the moment she asked me for help that she had to hire Courtney. The money we spent hiring Courtney and her team was ultimately the biggest money saver we could of had. She hooked us up with rad vendors (some that discounted their services because they love her so much). She encouraged us to hire more servers and told us when to cut back on beer. She is a pro! She's done this so many times that she knows what you need before you do.

The day of the wedding was perfect. The room was just as my sister imagined it would be. After the Engagement nailed her vision. Everyone had a blast! All 250 guests had a blast! My family who decorated and cleaned up for my wedding didn't have to lift a finger. It was truly amazing.

This was easily the best decision we made! Thank you Courtney for being that gangster of weddings we love!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Kevin · Married on 11/12/2016

Quite honestly, hiring Courtney was the single best thing we did for our wedding. First of all, she has an amazing personality and is so much fun to work with. She is responsive, listens to your ideas, and then gives feedback as to how to make it work. She is realistic and gives great advice. Courtney also turned all of the planning into reality seamlessly. I will never forget walking out to see the finished wedding venue for the first time and wondering how Courtney could have possibly done all of that, and so perfectly. In fact, she made our plans even better.

If I could go back the one thing I would do is to get the full package. I HIGHLY encourage you to work with Courtney. There is no way you will ever regret it.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Kristi · Married on 10/22/2016

Courtney and her team were AMAZING! We really couldn't have done it without them. We are from DC and had our wedding San Diego... Courtney helped us find great vendors at great prices within our budget! She gave us options, helped us set up skype convos, helped us look at contracts, and even emailed the vendors we decided not to go with (which was great to have taken off my plate). On the wedding day, she fixed everything that I didn't like and made sure everything ran smoothly. Courtney and Johnny were awesome and I would definitely recommend After the Engagement!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jazmine · Married on 10/15/2016

Courtney was amazing. She was responsive, experienced and made our wedding even better than we imagined!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Shannan · Married on 05/28/2016

Courtney is amazing!!! I purchased the all-inclusive package. Courtney is professional, timely, and very knowledgeable in the industry. She had answers to all my questions regarding vendors, timeline, etiquette, and best practices. Her recommendations for photography and DJ were superb. She gave us a list of vendors that she has worked with and we preformed interviews and picked the ones that meshed with out personalities the best. Knowing that she has worked with all the vendors in the past and had good experiences with them gave me great comfort. There were no issues (that I was aware) on our wedding day. She made sure we stuck to our timeline and hit all our marks. Our wedding was beautiful and exceeded my expectations and dreams. I don't know how people plan weddings without a planner!! We wouldn't have been able to do it, and it wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without Courtney!!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Kim · Married on 10/24/2015

Being a destination wedding for my daughter, Courtney's advice, experience and recommendations were so helpful! She walked me through just about every detail. Her cool and calm demeanor on the day of, kept everyone feeling relaxed (ok, maybe the whiskey helped too!) She helped make our event something so special! I miss her already :)

Sent on 11/12/2015

Robyn · Married on 10/10/2015

Courtney, Ashley, and this entire team were absolutely wonderful to work with! There are so many unknown details that go into running a smooth, stress-free wedding that I honestly don't think can be done without a coordinator who is experienced, quick to respond, and easy to work with. Courtney and her team are exactly this. There was never a moment where I questioned if Courtney received my text or email because she was so on top of it and really means it when she says that you can reach out to her any time with questions. I would recommend this team to anyone and can say with full confidence that they will do everything they can to ensure your wedding comes together beautifully and seamlessly!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Caycie · Married on 09/26/2015

We worked with Courtney and Ashley to plan our wedding fiesta. They were both amazing! Courtney responds to emails at warp speed and is chock full o' information, recommendations, and straight forward answers. She made the planning process so much more manageable for us. Ashley was our coordinator on the day of and was awesome. Everything went smoothly and according to plan. Both of these ladies are rad, enjoyable to be around and dominate the planning/coordinating game.

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • loveisbeautiful

Robin · Married on 07/17/2015

Courtney was amazing from start to finish. So helpful and thorough, supportive and honest!! Great energy :) I would absolutely recommend her to anyone I know getting married.

Thank you Courtney!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Janet · Married on 05/31/2015

Hiring Courtney as our wedding planner was the BEST wedding decision we ever made (other than choosing to get married, of course!)! Courtney really held our hand throughout the engagement process - helping us pick AMAZING vendors (giving us great descriptions on why each vendor would suit us), doing almost all of the communication to the vendors for us, reviewing our contracts, orchestrating the whole timeline, making sure our food was EXACTLY what we wanted, and taking care of EVERYTHING on our wedding day. She is so on top of everything - we had a marathon on the morning of our wedding that had road closures, and Courtney sent out alternate routes for our vendors the night before the wedding...it didn't even occur to me to even think of that!! On our wedding day, she took care of EVERYTHING...I really mean EVERYTHING. I honestly don't even know if something wrong happened at the venue on our wedding day, because Courtney took care of everything so we could TRULY ENJOY our wedding day with each other and with all of our guests - her and her team even packed up EVERYTHING for us so we didn't have to do ANY cleanup after our wedding! At our food tasting, Courtney wrote down EVERYTHING that we liked about some dishes, what we thought would improve the dishes, and so forth...She made sure that our venue tweaked everything to make sure the food was exactly what we wanted...we didn't even realize we could do that!

If you're on the fence about hiring a planner...don't be! You want your special day to be as enjoyable as possible for you and your guests...and that's what Courtney will do for you!! She is SO AWESOME, such a BADASS (she is not afraid to say what you're too afraid to say to a vendor), and she is an amazing person to work with. Honestly, the only regret I have is that I didn't hang out with her ALL THE TIME during my engagement - I would have spent every weekend hanging out with her if it was up to me!! :)

Sent on 06/27/2015

Rose · Married on 02/21/2015

Where to start... Let's just say I have never before used the word "Amazing" so many times in one day! Courtney is AMAZING and so are her staff! I am a professional wedding gown designer, in the industry for over 20 years, know a thing or two about weddings, have a binder full of phone numbers for event planners, and had my pick of professionals. I chose Courtney Tibbetts and her company, After The Engagement, for my own daughter's wedding, based on her reputation in the industry as a "get it done" and "no nonsense" professional.

As the Mother of the Bride, Planner of the Wedding, and Designer of the Bride's and Bridesmaid's gowns, let's just say I had my hands full! I thought that because I have the "Martha Stewart" gene and am a decent party thrower, I could do this by myself...wrong! I forgot that I also wanted to ENJOY my daughter's wedding, too. That's when I realized I needed a professional coordinator.

I hired Courtney and the rest was wedding success! She handled everything from vendor coordination/communications, timelines, and rehearsal, to day of setting up and take down, managing all event staff, catering, bartender, photography, dj, et al and escorting guests...even comforting the bride when needed.
    I was so busy having fun at my daughter's wedding, because Courtney and her staff worked so seamlessly behind the scenes, that I was completely unaware of what she was doing... it just was a perfect day...pure bliss!!!

I cannot thank her enough for all her hard work, but plan to try by referring her and her wonderful staff to all of my brides and friends. I told her after the event that I wished she could come and live with me...I miss being pampered and stress free! Oh well, at least there was the wedding day!

Big Hugs and Thanks!
    -Rose
    ..........

Chief Designer,
    Rose DeSimone Bridal®
    www.rosedesimone.com

Sent on 02/26/2015

John Paul · Married on 11/08/2014

We used Courtney for our wedding in November. She was a delight to work with! Her positivity, creative ideas, and time management saved us on the day of our wedding. She ensured that everything ran smoothly the day of our wedding. (She even handled our banquet tables falling down and plates crashing! And I, as the bride, had no idea :)) I don't know what we would have done without her! If anyone in San Diego is looking for a wedding planner - look no further! Thank you Courtney!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/11/2014

The crew at After the Engagement made my wedding go off without a hitch. They were courteous, professional and thorough. Would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Southern California area.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Lindsay · Married on 09/27/2014

The entire ATE crew was professional yet personable and made what could have been a very daunting year of planning very doable. I appreciated ATEs consultative approach, Courtney asked us what our vision was then improved upon it based on logistics and our resources. Thank you Courtney and ATE!!

Sent on 11/02/2014