Adventure Theory Media Reviews

Adventure Theory Media 6
Adventure Theory Media 7

Taylor Leonhardt · Married on 04/27/2019

Best Photgrapher EVER

Mitch and Kenzie shot my wedding at The Elms Hotel and I could not have asked for more perfect photographers. My fiance and I were 45 minutes apart getting ready in the morning and Mitch and Kenzie both arrived at their separate locations right on time. My bridesmaids and I were a little behind and Mitch was patient and professional waiting for us to finish getting ready. I feel pretty uncomfortable getting my picture taken but once again, Mitch and Kenzie were patient and incredibly helpful making sure I posed correctly and making me feel okay. They went out of their way to get amazing shots for us at the hotel, going well above and beyond what I ever asked for. And while they were very professional, they were also so fun and personable too. We got our photos back way faster than I thought and EVERY single one looks amazing. I feel like I got so lucky with Mitch and Kenzie.

If you guys are reading this, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I really cannot thank you enough for everything you did for us. I wish you both the very best and can guarantee when the next Missouri wedding comes. You guys will be there.

Best Regards,
    The Wilkinsons

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Peyton

Peyton Cournoyer Franks · Married on 01/05/2019

Mitchell is exceptional

My husband and I had a destination wedding in Eureka Springs, AR and from the moment I inquired about wedding photography, Mitchell was beyond helpful! We immediately had a phone conversation and discussed all of my worries/wants/needs. Mitchell assured me everything would run smoothly on my wedding day and that he would be there to make sure everything went perfectly - and he was so right! Leading up to the big day we had countless phone conversations to put my worrying mind at ease. The day of, Mitchell and his second shooter, Kenzie drove 3+ hours to be with us. They were so bubbly and personable and put everyone at ease. They spent the rest of the day working tremendously hard to capture all of the important moments for my groom and me. They seriously took every request we had into consideration and went above and beyond!! After the big day Mitchell kept me updated on the editing process and got all of my photos (1200+) to me within 2 weeks!! 1000/10 recommend Adventure Theory Media. It was the best photography experience my entire bridal party has ever experienced!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Adventure Theory Media 8
    Adventure Theory Media 9
    Adventure Theory Media 10
    Adventure Theory Media 11
    Adventure Theory Media 12

Brendan · Married on 12/08/2018

Mitchell shot my engagement photos of me and my fiancé and we are very happy with the results. He is very professional and the results were excellent. He was very flexible and willing to work with our schedules. The photo shoot was painless and would definitely do more in the future.

Adventure Theory Media 13
    Adventure Theory Media 14
    Adventure Theory Media 15
    Adventure Theory Media 16

Natalie · Married on 12/08/2018

Mitch took our engagement photos. He did a great job with them! Couldn’t be happier. He even had creative ways of making us smile so the photos turn out with genuine happiness.

Adventure Theory Media 17
    Adventure Theory Media 18

Erinn · Married on 09/29/2018

Mitch did the photography for my wedding last week and he was amazing!!! I cannot say enough good things about my experience from start to finish. I first contacted him after I saw his pictures online. I thought the colors looked so vibrant in his photos and he did a great job with lighting and editing. Once I contacted him I knew it would be a right fit. He always responded immediately and answered all my questions. He was also laid back and made me feel at ease. He got my wedding photos back to me within ONE WEEK and they are amazing!! He captured the day perfectly. He got all the photos I requested as well as a ton of candid shots of us and our wedding guest. All of my friends and family are talking about how great the pictures are and we will treasure them forever. Thank you Mitch!!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Abrielle · Married on 09/15/2018

I got the opportunity to shoot with Mitch at a wedding. His work stands out from others, he’s professional, attention to detail, creative and he’s so much fun. Hell do anything to get the shot and everyone loves him! As a Photog myself I would highly recommend anyone to hire Mitch for their wedding! It doesn’t get better than him!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Raquel · Married on 08/18/2018

This photography company was hands down THE BEST! I wouldn't choose any other photographer. Brendan was super responsive, flexible, friendly, professional and knew exactly what he was doing. He knew how to balance perfectly between still shots and even better, ALL THE CANDID KODAK MOMENTS! He was able to turn a shot that could have been dull, into something fantastic! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND going with this company, I'd give a 6/5 if I could.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2018

We definitely recommend!

We hired Mitchell Phelps from Adventure Theory Media and he was a true professional! He traveled up to Camdenton MO for our engagement shoot and again for our wedding day. Photography was my top thing when it came to wedding planning. His style was exactly what we were looking for because we didn’t want just the average wedding photos. Instead we got creative photos that captured the expressions of everyone on our wedding day. The real memories that last a lifetime.

He went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect, coordinated people, did everything we wanted and more. He blended in very well to the crowd all while taking a ton of photos and having fun with it which helped make us not as nervous. During the reception he watched timing to make sure we were able to get our couples shoot at sunset, and again towards the end of the night for a quick shoot of us under the stars. Two of the things I really wanted. There are even photos of things I never got to see the day of, like some decorations and desserts that I missed.

I highly recommend him and we will definitely choose him again for any photography needs in the future!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Adventure Theory Media 29
    Adventure Theory Media 30
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2018

Book him. Now. Mitch is a hoot and he has an eye for the most amazing shots. Even hanging halfway off of a rocking boat dock, switching lenses with one hand just so he can keep the lighting for the perfect shot, or making sure to catch the ridiculousness that is groomsmen thinking they aren't being watched, or standing in 17 degree weather until every appendage is frozen just to get the perfect winter engagement shots. Mitch does it all. My second best wedding decision was booking him, second only to my choice of husband ;) I highly recommend him all day every day.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Brie · Married on 07/21/2018

I cannot express how much I enjoyed shooting with Mitch! His professionalism and fun personality during my bridal boudoir shoot helped me feel comfortable while achieving the most I wanted to out of my images. His enthusiasm and passion for photography truly shows through his work. Not to mention he has a way of going above and beyond to get that perfect shot. I will definitely be using him again in the future!

Sent on 09/15/2018
    Adventure Theory Media 31
    Adventure Theory Media 32
    Adventure Theory Media 33

Shelbi · Married on 07/13/2018

Mitch was so easy to work with. He is super professional and beyond talented. He nailed my vision on what pictures I wanted and came to the table with more that I fell in love with. These are definitely pictures that I'm going to cherish forever! He will be my go to for any pictures I will ever need.

Jamie · Married on 06/09/2018

Mitchell went above and beyond to ensure my husband and I felt comfortable in front of the camera all day on our Wedding. He was in constant contact with me during the entire planning process and arrived on the day of extremely prepared. Not only did he ensure I felt beautiful during each and every photo he shot, he was extremely professional and polite through the entire process and everyone he interacted with. I would absolutely recommend him to any bride for their wedding day.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Bethany · Married on 05/27/2018

Mitchell was awesome! He did both my wedding and engagement photos. He was easy to work with and tried to make sure he captured the special moments. He took the time to get to know my fiance and me so that our personalities reflected in the photos. I selected him because of his artistic photos and also his ability to capture the moment in the wedding party's expressions. It was a pleasure to have him as our photographer and i will probably use him again for other events in my life!! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Erin · Married on 03/10/2018

I could not be more ecstatic with Adventure Theory Media! We had 2 months to plan our wedding so unfortunately Mitchell was unavailable for our wedding day but his brother, Brendan offered his services. Brendan was super professional, went over all the details and what type of pictures we'd like, and even offered suggestions for the "photo shoot" pictures during the cocktail hour. We used smoke bombs, bubbles and fairy lights and they turned out gorgeous! We wanted that raw, emotional feel for all of the photos and that's exactly what we got. I cannot tell you how many comments we've received on the photos, these guys truly are talented. Also, another bonus- we had our pictures within a week! We got back from our honeymoon and there they were :). So if you're looking for amazing wedding photos look no further, Mitchell and Brendan will blow your minds.

Sent on 03/20/2018
    Adventure Theory Media 34

Victoria · Married on 09/23/2017

Mitchell Phelps did a phenomenal job on our wedding photos! He was professional, fun to be around, and made us feel extremely comfortable the whole time. I highly recommend Adventure Theory Media. Mitchell is truly the best photographer around!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

Mitch's photos are incredible. My husband and I started off by taking our engagement photos with Adventure Theory Media and were ecstatic with the great quality and speed. Due to a cancelation of our first venue/new location thus new invites, Mitch worked with us on a tight turnaround and exceeded our expectations by flipping the photos around in two days!!! I would describe Mitch as a flexible type-A (aka superhero), and our day-of-coordinator said he was the easiest to coordinate with and commented on how quick he responded to updates. Our wedding reception ended at 6:30pm, but Mitch had suggested a couples only shoot for another 30 min during golden hour. Best decision ever... after deciding to get married. Thank you Adventure Theory Media for our forever memories! <3

Sent on 09/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/15/2017

Mitchell and Kelly did an incredible job on our wedding photos. It was 95 degrees and sunny! They stayed in constant contact with my husband and I, and was there when needed. Kelly did a great job with me, at one point my veil fell off and she made it look perfect again. We are in love with our photos!!! They are breath taking and wonderful memories that will last forever.

Sent on 08/09/2017
  • Annetta

Annetta · Married on 06/24/2017

Mitch did such an awesome job on both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures! I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out and definitely recommend working with him. He was super easy to work with and got our pictures back to us super fast!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Hunter · Married on 06/24/2017

My wife stumbled upon Mitchell's page, and we decided to have him do our wedding and engagement photos. It was easily the best decision we could have made! He was absolutely fantastic! Our pictures came out better than I could have hoped, and we had a blast taking them with him. Being a guy, I hate taking pictures and he made it an good time by being laid back, knowing what he was doing, and having a sense of humor the whole time.

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Adventure Theory Media 35
    Adventure Theory Media 36
    Adventure Theory Media 37
    Adventure Theory Media 38
    Adventure Theory Media 39

brittany · Married on 06/03/2017

We had an amazing experience with Brendan. He was literally with us ALL day and captured every important moment through the video. Very professional to work with, asked us lots of questions along the way, got us a video back within a couple months, and was super reasonable with pricing. They will take care of you and make sure you get exactly what you want. Thanks for making our wedding day stress free and giving us a video we can watch over and over again!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Leona · event on 06/01/2017

Mitchell is the sweetest and very professional! We worked together on some cosplay photo shoots and I plan on working with him in the future once I get my next costumes! He makes you feel comfortable if you are a new model and is really passionate about taking great photos! He has a lot of unique ideas and is determined to make the client happy. Mitchell is talented and a rare gem in this industry.

I've seen his wedding photos and I would highly recommend him, as well as use him, if I ever get married. They are brilliant!!

Sent on 08/08/2017
  • Irasema

Irasema · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I hired Mitchel for our wedding photography at Table Rock lake this past May 20, 2017. I was a complete mess when I spoke with Mitch the first time. My previous photographer was victim of a natural disaster and lost her photography equipment. Mitchel was a life saver. He not only listed to me when I felt about to give up, but he went above and beyond to communicate with me to catch up on the planning and discussing the timeline within 10 day of wedding day. He was professional and had the finest etiquette while shooting. He brought more photography equipment than I have ever seen before and ensured our pictures were nothing but the best. He made me, my husband and the wedding party, and all the family members feel special and beautiful. I cannot say enough amazing things about Mitchel and his team. He even went the extra mile to bring a second shooter with my tight budget!! His pricing was so reasonable and flexible. Thank you Mitch, I really appreciate all you did and continue to do for my husband and I to have the best memories of our one in a life time experience. P.S. Within a few days of wedding day, Mitchel uploaded a sneak peak of 30-35 of our pictures and I am astonished at the quality and beauty of them. Beyond impressed with Mitch's work and I recommend him 110%

Sent on 05/24/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2017

My spouse and I found Mitchell through another photographer's page and noticed that he did videography. We had already hired a photographer, but we could not pass up the opportunity to have him shoot our wedding day. I can say that the decision to contact Mitchell was one of the best decisions we made in planning our day. He arrived before our photographers and immediately began getting to work. He was professional but kept me laughing during the stressful moments during the preparation. He even put up with my two-year-old nephew trying to be a little too helpful at times. He stayed well into the reception to catch all of the action, as we witnessed when we received our edited video. Did I mention we got our video less than two weeks after the ceremony? And Mitchell had to wait for a new computer to come in because he shot the video in 4k, so he apologized for making us wait even the two weeks. The video was perfect. He caught every moment I might have wanted and pieced it together perfectly. The only thing that could have made all of this better was if he could have cloned himself and both photographed the wedding and done the videography. As it was, he still sent us about 60 pictures he had just happened to take throughout the day and had edited for us, so he even made that wish possible. If you hire Mitchell, you will not be disappointed. I know I wasn't.

Sent on 09/27/2017
    Adventure Theory Media 40
    Adventure Theory Media 41
    Adventure Theory Media 42

Camryn · Married on 04/15/2017

I had messaged Mitchell after finding his photography page in hopes that he also had the equipment to be a videographer. He jumped on the opportunity immediately. He was incredibly thorough and went to great lengths to ensure what my spouse and I wanted was delivered. He went to our location and the area surrounding it to make sure that he had plenty of ideas for our wedding day. He actually suggested the location where we did our reveal and read our vows . He went above and beyond what we expected and honestly helped us relax on numerous occasions. Mitchell was nothing but perfect the day of the wedding but the turn around was phenomenal. He ordered a computer because he had shot our video in 4k and needed a better system to edit in that particular quality and he had taken pictures on top of recording and had those edited within days. I would recommend his services to anyone and everyone. I could not of made it through that hectic day without him. I plan to go to him for anything I need in the future and you won't be disappointed if you do the same.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Ariane · Married on 03/10/2017

Brendan shot our engagement photo shoot back in 2015. He took us to multiple sites, with plenty of time for wardrobe changes. We absolutely loved the photos so we also hired ATOM for our wedding in March 2017. Mitch was the main photographer and brought an assistant to capture video. He was extremely professional and was able to squeeze in a mini boudoir session with the bride prior to the wedding as a gift for the groom. He has an eye for perfect lighting and helped with pose ideas. Despite the wedding starting nearly 45 minutes late, he was extremely flexible and was able to capture the shots we desired in a shortened amount of time. We were given access to all of our photos, fully edited in half the time as other photographers would. Rest assured that all of your photography desires will be met when hiring Mitch and Brendan.

Sent on 07/16/2017