Adam Chapin Photography Reviews

Adam Chapin Photography 6
Adam Chapin Photography 7
  • Celeste

Celeste Rivera · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing-You will not be disappointed

There is nothing that I can say that will do justice for Adam. He is such a talented and amazing photographer. His ability to tell the story surpasses expectations. His personality makes you feel at ease. We are beyond happy with our wedding photos. We will cherish them forever.

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Adam Chapin Photography 13
    Adam Chapin Photography 14
    Adam Chapin Photography 15

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you, Celeste. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Tim and your openness was so refreshing. Thank you for letting me be a part of your day!
  • Paulina

Paulina · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely amazing photographer

Adam was absolutely amazing to work with. My partner and I both felt so comfortable instantly with Adam. Before the wedding he spent time getting to know us over drinks as we did not want engagement pictures. He is a true artist and it really shows in his pictures. He was snapping pictures all night and captured so many moments we missed. Picking him as our photographer was the best decision we made! Thanks to his excellent work we have memories we can have forever. We loved how our pictures turned out, they really represented the whole vibe of our wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Paulina! It was such a pleasure to get to know you and Jordan leading up to your wedding day. And I don't even know what I can say about your wedding besides it was one of the most fun weddings I have been to, from your family to your friends, it was beautiful. Thank you for letting me be a small part of it.
  • JENNIFER

JENNIFER BEGUN · Married on 05/18/2019

Invaluable!

I knew from the beginning that I wanted more from my wedding pictures then just staged photos. One of the things that stood out from the beginning is how Adam captures the beauty and emotion of the wedding day. We were thrilled to hire him based on his website photos and he did not let us down!! From the beginning, Adam was extremely professional and on point. He went above and beyond helping us navigate a difficult situation with our wedding planner that completed changed the experience we were having and are so grateful to him. He has great relationships with others in the wedding business and worked so well with everyone. He is a wonderful person who clearly works on himself personally and loves his work which made it such a pleasure to work with and get to know him.

All that being said, the photographs were beyond what we could have hoped for. We are in the process of trying to order prints and even trying to narrow it down is so challenging. I can't wait to see our wedding album in person and so happy that Adam also makes his own prints. We cannot recommend him highly enough and know he will continue to be a part of our lives.

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Adam Chapin Photography 16

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Jennifer, thank you so much for this! I am so glad that everything worked out for your wedding day and we were able to take care of some unnecessary stresses, leaving the wedding day to be thoroughly enjoyed. Getting to watch you and Dan just be with one another as the band played and the full moon rose over the tree line is one of my favorite wedding memories. Thank you for letting me be a small part of your day!

Katie · Married on 05/11/2019

Wouldn’t want to start a Saturday morning anyway else

Adam truly made me feel comfortable during the bridal shoot which was so important to me. We had a fun time capturing photos in so many fun rooms and the end result is breathtaking!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie! It was awesome to finally connect in person after chatting back and forth on social for so long about Golden Retrievers and good food. Thank you even more so trusting me when I threw out an unknown venue. I really hope you enjoy the photos we made for years to come!

Robert Hammock · Married on 04/12/2019

Adam is not just an amazing Wedding photographer but a family photographer as well!

Adam was our wedding photographer and he did an amazing job. Since then we had a baby and couldn't think of a better person to do family photos with! We live in Boston but we waited until we could get to North Carolina to take photos with Adam. We recreated our wedding photos with our baby. We had a great time walking around Downtown Durham taking pictures. He was so good with our baby and captured his personality so well in the pictures. Adam has an artistic eye that is so unique and beautiful. The images that we got back are breath taking and we will cherish them forever.

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Adam Chapin Photography 17
    Adam Chapin Photography 18
    Adam Chapin Photography 19
    Adam Chapin Photography 20
    Adam Chapin Photography 21

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you for this, Bobby. I absolutely loved getting to catch up with you guys and getting to meet Simon. So glad that you guys waited to come back to North Carolina for these photos of your growing family, and even more so that you guys had the idea of hitting up some of the same spots as we did for your wedding. Love you guys!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/23/2019

Great time with a great photographer

Adam is a pretty cool dude! We got to hang out and grab beers with him a few times before the wedding and laughed the whole time! He is an incredibly talented photographer! If you are looking for moody wedding pictures, Adam is your guy. If you are looking for bright, more traditional wedding photos, then he's probably not your guy.
    My husband and I laughed, cried, and went through a rollercoaster of emotion when we looked through our pictures the first time....and the second time. I can't stress enough how much I love the artistic effort Adam puts into his shots and into his editing! We now have unique wedding photos that not only capture our style and personalities, they tell the story of our wedding day and the people who came to celebrate with us. As a bonus, our pictures are less picture album and more art gallery!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for this awesome review. I really wish I could have been there as you guys went through the gallery to relive it all with you. You guys, your friends, and your families were such a blast to work with all day and made me feel so welcomed. Thank you for trusting in me to create something unique for you and for letting me play a small role in your wedding day.

Megan O'connor · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing wedding photographer!

If you're looking for a moody, artistic, amazing photographer, Adam is your guy! Besides his great photographs, he is genuinely one of the nicest people ever. We hired Adam because he took the time to get to know us as individuals and as a couple, and that truly shows in every single photo he takes. He was able to capture everyone's personality, and when we look back at our album, we can feel every emotion we felt that night. Adam goes above and beyond for his clients and I can't say enough good things about this guy and his work!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

I can't thank you guys enough for your trust in me. It means the world to me and I am so stoked that you loved the final result. When you told me that you didn't even think about having color photos when you saw the finals, that blew my mind and made so happy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kate King · Married on 10/06/2018

The BEST Wedding Photographer!!

Words cannot express how absolutely thrilled we were with Adam as our wedding photographer!! It is so obvious that Adam has a true passion for what he does and he is so amazingly talented! It really meant a lot to us that Adam was willing to meet up with us on his own time to get to know us before the big day. The result was that we were totally comfortable around him at our wedding and ended up with truly gorgeous photos which we will cherish forever!! By the way - he had our pictures back to us less than three weeks from the wedding!!! Amazing. Adam definitely goes above and beyond and is such an incredible photographer. We highly recommend Adam to anyone searching for a photographer - using him was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

You guys are simply awesome! I can’t thank you enough for trusting me on your day and letting me be a part of it all. Your words here mean the world to me! looking forward to continuing the good times with you guys.

Britta · Married on 08/25/2018

We picked Adam after our original photographer became pregnant (and due on our wedding date!) BEST DECISION EVER! The first thing we wanted to do after our wedding was write this review, but we held ourselves back until we saw the photos. They are simply incredible. He was both present and at hand for taking group snaps during the reception but also entirely unobtrusive during the ceremony. Like many people, we aren't super comfortable in front of a camera but Adam was amazing and made us feel like ourselves (just the very best version of ourselves).

Sent on 09/08/2018

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome review. You and Annie were so awesome to work with all day and it’s been such a pleasure getting to know you both. Looking forward to making my way out to you guys and hanging out again hopefully sooner rather than later!

Andrea · Married on 06/29/2018

The most frequent advice given to me by other married couples before my wedding was to make sure I got a great photographer to capture the day because it would surely be a blur. These was a daunting task because I’m a researcher when it comes to things like this, and I spent hours checking out photographers portfolios. I kept coming back to Adam’s and finally reached out to check his availability. Lucky us: he was available for our Friday wedding.

From the very beginning he made us feel comfortable, starting with meeting up for a beer to get to know us. I don’t know how he can put two sweaty people in a field while they’re fighting the heat and mosquitos, yet still produce these beautiful images that are not only unique in style, but truly capture who we are as a couple. He was flexible with our availablity and even entertained some of our quirky picture ideas.. “hey, do you mind taking pictures of us holding this kitten, thanks!” Haha!

Adam is 100% the guy who gets “the shot”, but then you also kinda wanna be his best friend when the whole thing is done!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Adam Chapin Photography 22
    Adam Chapin Photography 23
    Adam Chapin Photography 24
    Adam Chapin Photography 25
    Adam Chapin Photography 26

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Andrea! It was so much fun getting to know you and Jose as well as be able to spend some time with your family and friends on your wedding day. And while you didn't get me to like cats, you are definitely the first couple to get me to take a photo of a cat, which is no small feat...haha! Hope to see you guys next week for the Caamp show!

Cody · Married on 06/02/2018

When we were looking for a wedding photographer, we were looking for someone who wouldn't give us a set of photos that looked like every other wedding. Adam delivered this in spades. We love our photos, and so does everyone we've shown them to. The most common reaction is "Wow, your photographer was awesome" and we couldn't agree more. He captured the sweaty, silly spirit of the event perfectly. He was a blast to work with. We couldn't have found a better photographer to work with.

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Adam Chapin Photography 32
    Adam Chapin Photography 33
    Adam Chapin Photography 34

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you guys so much for letting me be a part of your day and being willing to play in the parking garage when the weather wasn't playing nice for us! Such a pleasure getting to know you guys.

Nicole · Married on 12/02/2017

Adam is no joke THE best decision we made for our wedding. His style is very unique and creative, which is exactly what we were looking for. For me - as someone that gets real weird in front of the camera - Adam makes it easy and comfortable and the pictures come out amazing. He is such a cool and genuine guy that you ultimately forget he's taking your picture and it's like you're just hanging out with him. He really gets to know his clients and it shows in his work. He's an incredibly talented photographer and a hilarious, awesome person. We were very happy we got to work with Adam!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Nicole and Shane, you guys had me in tears all day long, and that's just from this amazing review, on your wedding day I was a walking puddle! I definitely did not see that coming. It's been so much fun to hang out with you guys this year, and I look forward to doing it some more, whether it be in front of my camera or simply getting together to hang out. Love you guys!
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 10/28/2017

Adam is by far the best option for a wedding photographer that you could possibly imagine. Not only are Adam's photography skills amazing but he is just an all around great guy. We clicked with him immediately and he accommodated for us effortlessly as we are out of state. Day of Adam clearly knew the area well and had places and ideas in mind for our portraits. We took pictures in a parking garage and he managed to make them beautiful and so artistic!! During the reception he moved around guests and us with out anyone noticing. That led to him capturing the most genuine moments. He has a way of capturing moments in such an artistic way. The way he frames the surroundings and people are just perfect. Adams talent is clearly fine tuned and his artistic eye could only be innate. Our photos are breathtaking and I can't wait to relive that day through them for years to come <3

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Adam Chapin Photography 35

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Claire and Bobby, thank you both so much for this amazing review! It has been so awesome to get to know you guys and I hope it doesn't end here. Congratulations to you both!

Lee · Married on 06/17/2017

My wife and I had an excellent experience in working with Adam. We met him while he was working on one of my buddy's weddings and liked the way the photos turned out. Adam maintained his high quality of work on our wedding. He is highly focused, organized and extremely personable. He not only takes beautiful photos, but elevates the wedding experience. It would be ill-advised to choose anyone else to photograph your wedding.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you, Lee! It's been a pleasure to get to know you and Melisa and an honor to have photographed your engagement and wedding. Absolutely loved working with and spending time with you guys!

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

It's hard to say something about Adam that hasn't already been said. Yeah- you're gunna wanna be BFFs with him forever. He's easy going and cool and just all around fun to be around. Adam was not only an amazing, intuitive, artistic photographer who beautifully captured our wedding and engagement pictures- he also was an incredible asset to me with recommendations for other vendors. I trusted him to do a good job without me telling him specifically what to do, which is such a reassuring feeling the day of your wedding. We just got our photographs back and we are over the moon with him. My husband and I chose him at first because of his interesting, engaging portraiture style, but we were happy with our decision in the end because of the thoughtful person behind the camera.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Jade · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Adam do our engagement shoot and our wedding. We were looking for someone to accurately capture our love, keeping in mind an emphasis on the fine arts aspect of our wedding theme. We didn't want posed, traditional wedding photos. Instead, we envisioned fluid, dynamic pictures of not only us but the loved ones who chose to come and celebrate our big day with us. Not only did Adam deliver, he exceeded our expectations, and those of my not-easy-to-impress mother.

He does an excellent job of listening to a couple's needs, understanding their unique story and curating his talents to meet the needs of his clients.

Because we spent a great deal of time with Adam, my husband and I can honestly say that he is a man of integrity, dedication and passion, nestled behind the comforting comforting veneer of a friendly, down-to-earth man.

I suppose it goes without saying that we HIGHLY recommend him!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you, Jade! Love you and Daniel both! I feel so fortunate to have met and spent time with you both and for sure looking forward to keeping the party going!

Jean · Married on 04/23/2017

We wanted a wedding photographer that fit our style. He's got the unique artistic eye that we wanted. The whole photo is a story. Each moment is a memory and Adam has way of taking you right back to that moment when you look at his photos. His photos are art with the way he plays with light and shadows. We couldn't have been more happy with his work. We would highly recommend Adam for any photography needs. He's the best!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Jean. So happy to have had the honor to photograph your wedding for you and Suzy. From that epic stormy beach day to reception dancing in socks and bare feet, loved it all!

Alexandra · Married on 10/08/2016

Reflecting over our choosing Adam as our wedding photographer was a journey. I stumbled upon Adam's website in the early stages of research and immediately fell in love with his use of light, shadow, and the etherial but genuine nature of his photographs. After seeing so many white-washed images, Adam's work was like stepping into a real, gritty moment in the best way. I loved it. However, I hesitated on the investment. I wrote it off saying it was too much. Yet, as we compared with other photographers who capped their time, didn't include an engagement shoot, and didn't allow you to own your prints, we came to the realization that Adam was offering all of this and his own unique style for the same price and no strings attached. We swallowed our hesitations and hired him. Thank goodness we did!
    Working with Adam from the beginning was a genuine joy. We met over drinks and did a lot of joking. He made himself available for questions, but didn't push for information before it was time. He never once stressed us out. When I told him what I really wanted for an engagement shoot was an afternoon in the waters of the Eno river, he waded out with us holding his film camera above his head. By the time the wedding day rolled around I felt completely comfortable with him, even after very few meetings.
    Our wedding day fell on the same day that Hurricane Matthew hit our state. The roof leaked and all we had inside for family photos was an empty warehouse. Adam made it look like an industrial fashion editorial. Then folks, the power went out for three hours during our reception. Half of our wedding photographs were taken in the pitch black. And you know what? They are absolutely gorgeous. I know that there are so many choices out there and the process of choosing a photographer is a daunting one. I can truly say Adam was truly a blessing to us and because of his passion and commitment we have the most amazing memories, even in less than amazing circumstance! Thank you Adam!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Adam Chapin Photography 36
    Adam Chapin Photography 37
    Adam Chapin Photography 38

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Alex! This gave me gooosebumps to read and took me back to your wedding day and your engagement session and through it all, you and James smiled and went along for the ride from leaky roofs, falls in the river and power outages. I felt that trust and wanted to give you something you would treasure, I’m so glad it came through! Love you guys!

Lauren · Married on 09/10/2016

Having a great photographer was #1 for my wedding. We got matched with Adam for our "Mad Dash" wedding and could not have been more thrilled. I loved his work and knew it would be great. And it was. The pictures always take my breath away when I look at them, and aren't the normal generic pictures you see. He has a special way of creating his own twists to certain shoots and really made my (now) husband and I feel very special!! I follow him on his social media and love seeing his current adventures, whether it be another wedding, or him traveling, his pictures are always gorgeous. And a plus was he was super persoanable. All the wedding guests loved him and his beard. Thank you, Adam!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Hey Lauren! Thank you so much. It was such a pleasure to work with you and David and to get to spend that time with you guys and your families. Hopefully we will get to make some photos of your growing family soon!

David · Married on 09/10/2016

Took amazing photos of the wedding day!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Adam Chapin Photography's reply:

Thanks, David! I will always think of you when I see sugar skulls now! Cheers!

Harper · Married on 12/05/2015

We could not have asked for a more perfect photographer. Adam made us feel comfortable from our first meeting to our engagement photos all the way through our wedding day. He takes a lighthearted yet dedicated approach to his craft, and the end result is incredible. Not only is Adam a talented photographer, but he is also a really cool guy. My husband and I now consider Adam one of our favorite friends with whom to share many laughs and a few beers.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Adam did a great job! He was very responsive and reached out to us on multiple occasions to plan out the big day. He was definitely willing to get creative with his shots. He was a really nice guy to work with.

Sent on 12/17/2015

sydney · Married on 10/10/2015

Simply stated, Adam is an incredible photographer and person.

A few months before our wedding, Adam dedicated at least 8 hours to wandering around downtown Raleigh with my now husband and I, capturing some pretty amazing images of our engagement, we even enjoyed some drinks along the way. Adam was truly interested in getting to know us as a couple, not just in showing up to take photos, which is pretty awesome.

On our wedding day, Adam got all of the incredible raw, emotional moments of the day. He perfectly captured all the moments - my dad's face as he walked me down the aisle, my grandmother's excitement when she first saw me in my dress, the excited/nervous look on my face as I got ready for the day, and of course the pure joy as my husband and I partied with all of our guests on the dance floor. Each and every image is so thoughtful and perfectly captures the day, we just can't stop looking at them and beaming, reliving the day over and over.

Throughout the day, Adam was completely respectful of our space as he captured these amazing images, we didn't even notice he was there. Many of our guests commented on how nimble he was, moving all over the place to get the perfect shot. He gave us just the right amount of guidance for the posed shots, and then captured the candids as they happened naturally.

Not only were the images beautiful, but we received all of our photos just over 4 weeks after our wedding, which was incredible, particularly considering that each image was perfectly edited. Adam was incredibly responsive to our excessive emails and texts, always on time or ahead of schedule, and incredibly reliable. Adam also designed our album, which is a work of art in itself.

Again, I can't even express what a talented photographer and generally awesome person Adam is. And, in the end, my husband and I have some incredible photos and we get to relive our wedding day any time we want. As an added bonus, we gained a pretty awesome friend :)

Sent on 01/12/2016

Jessa · Married on 09/08/2015

I have been involved in the wedding industry for a while and Adam was a stellar choice for our small wedding ceremony. His photographic style is intimate and more photojournalistic. I was looking for a photographer who would capture the emotions surrounding the day and the tiny moments of joy and that is exactly what I received. The photos went above and beyond what I was expecting because in addition to the the shots I wanted, Adam came with some creative ideas for a few really unique photos.

As important as the product we received is the experience of having Adam Brophy as your photographer. He is laid back, interested in getting to know you as a couple, and really made everyone feel comfortable on the day of. He wasn't pushy, he didn't stress me (the bride) out, and he took everything in stride. We got together for beers before the event, he was professional about scheduling and payment, and I highly recommend him as a choice for your wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kayla · Married on 06/27/2015

Adam went above and beyond our expectations for both the engagement photo session and wedding day. Not only is his photography style beautiful, unique, and detail oriented but he is also an awesome person to work with! We met with him several times to go over wedding day details and he had a wealth of information for our wedding day timeline and helped us sort out how to squeeze in all the family photos. We valued having vendors that we were comfortable around and Adam has such a great personality and sense of humor that it was a no-brainer when we chose him to shoot our wedding day. We had on-and-off thunderstorms at our mountain wedding and it was great to have Adam's creative problem solving to make sure we were on schedule and were able to take photos for all our important moments even if that meant changing the plan a little bit. He was amazing at blending in with the crowd during the ceremony and the dancing. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous! I'm pleased with every single one. Additionally, we purchased the photo album through Adam. The album is definitely worth the price! Its made of very high quality materials and is so nice to have on my coffee table to flip through and show my house guests. Adam is an amazing artist and we highly recommend him for engagement/wedding photography!

Sent on 09/21/2015