30 Reviews for Acute Inflections

Instrumentals (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
27 Acute Inflections Reviews

I originally saw Acute Inflections playing at The Times Square hotel and was blown away at just how great they were. I had never heard current music put to jazz before and absolutely loved what they could do. I had recently got engaged and knew that I needed them to play at my dream wedding.
When I reached out to them they immediately asked what my favorite sort of music was and told me that they can tailor their clothing and music to exactly what I wanted for my special day. I was so impressed by them that I chose instead of having them for just the cocktail hour I wanted them there for the entire dinner and for our first dance.
Acute inflections asked in advance what particular song I would like for walking down the aisle and which would we like for our first dance so we could practice our moves before the big day. I found this very helpful and loved listening to their music again as this reminded me of how beautiful they sounded.
On my wedding day I walked down the aisle to ‘I can't help falling in love with you,’ I was nervous but I caught a glimpse of Elasea’s smile which immediately put me at ease. Their version of this song still gives me tingles, they performed it so beautifully that most of my guests had a tear in their eye.
Everyone complimented the music and the connection that Elasea and Sadiki have when they perform is magical.
I highly recommend this duo, they are so incredible and would be perfect for any occasion.

Photo for Acute Inflections Review - Wedding Reception
Photo for Acute Inflections Review - Wedding Dinner
Profile Picture georgie, 10/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Microphones, Reception, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Vocals

I cannot speak highly enough of this extraordinary duo. They were exceptional in every way: communication, planning, and, of course, their beautiful performance. So many guests stopped to tell me how much they loved Elasea and Sadiki’s performance at our cocktail hour. In fact, one of my friends texted me as soon as we got back from our honeymoon to ask how he could book them for his own wedding. The text he sent me should be all you need to know. It read: “They were amazing. They were epic. We were both like ‘wuuuuuuuuuuuh?!’” Beyond how fabulous their performance is (and it REALLY is!), they are wonderful people who were the easiest vendors I worked with in the planning process. If you’d like to add a classy, unique, sophisticated element to your wedding, they should be at the top of your list!

Profile Picture Brit, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

As the Professionalism category states, TOP NOTCH!. Had an absolute ball on our wedding day & it always comes down to the music & food that has the crowd feeling the way you want them to be. Seriously, Elasea & Sadiki, you made everyone jam out to your beautiful jazzy, reggae beats. Being surrounded by buildings in a hidden garden down East Village way, it was the perfect addition to our amazing day. I can't recommend Acute Inflections enough for any wedding or Jazz bar. They have their own playlist of songs but are also up for any other additions to suit what your after on the day. Values worth... bloody oath they are worth every penny.

Profile Picture Paul, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Acute Inflections made our wedding! There was not a single guest that failed to mention how amazing their cocktail hour set was. They covered "First day of my life" for our first dance and everyone was blown away. We had family members asking for recordings of the covers! The staff at our venue all said that they made extra trips outside just to hear the music. The sound and energy is just unparalleled. We knew we wanted something other than just a dj but really couldn't have imagined anything as great as Acute Inflections. From the moment we contacted them, almost a year before our wedding (7/22/17), they were the most attentive and caring vendor to work with. Sadiki and Elasea are just masterful musicians and they can transform any song into the most unique, and jazzy interpretation. They were so incredibly kind and generous with their time, responding to all our ideas, talking things through with us, making every effort to get to know us and our vision. We went to see them a few times before our wedding and they played songs they had learned for us as well as covers they thought we'd like. Our wedding day was a little bit crazy but they made everything we imagined happen, including a beautiful first dance, without missing a beat even though the environment didn't lend itself to the smoothest set up. My only regret is that we didn't get to enjoy them more during cocktail hour because we were running around so much, my husband said we should have forfitted our private moment pre reception for the time at cocktail hour listening to Acute Inflections set! If you're looking for a truly original addition to your wedding, or any party, you'd be remiss not to get in touch with sadiki and elasea. There is truly no other group like them. Go see them and you'll see for yourself! Elasea and Sadiki - thank you!!

Profile Picture Ari, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had the pleasure of working with Acute Inflections, Elasea & Sadiki for our July wedding. Throughout the process, Elasea and Sadiki were extremely accommodating, professional, and down to earth. Our guests were absolutely blown away by their incredible talent! We would love to have the opportunity to work with them again and recommend them to anyone hosting an event!

Profile Picture Gina, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Sample Music, Sound/PA System, Vocals

As a Mother of the Bride, one who coordinated a Manhattan wedding from Dallas, I cannot say enough about how formidable, warm, congenial and purely sentimental Acute Inflections were for my daughter's wedding. They captivated every guest, brought incredible touches words cannot explain.. they made songs we all love all their own and is there's a word that perhaps captures them well it would be MESMERIZING. You cannot go wrong in the hire of Acute Inflections. If ever I have a big event in Dallas, this is who I need to travel to Dallas to make the night most memorable.

Profile Picture ROSEMARIE, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Entertainer

Having Acute Inflections at our wedding was a privilege. Elasea and Sadiki were so good when we heard them perform live that we decided to have them play our 150-guest wedding dinner reception. It was one of the best decisions we made! Our guests raved about them all night, and we received many questions afterwards about “Who was that band?” Their jazzy covers helped create a sophisticated and intimate ambiance and kept the evening upbeat and romantic. On top of being some of the most talented musicians we’ve met, they are simply great people -- funny, easy-going, and authentic. They were consummate professionals and paid attention to all the details, everything from how their outfits blended with the venue to how music transitioned to other parts of the program, making sure there was always background music even when they were not playing. Elasea and Sadiki’s passion for their music really shines through in their performances and the way they approach every project. They even made a custom, unique Acute Inflections arrangement of our first dance song. Thanks to their talent, creativity, and genuine enthusiasm, it was a musically unforgettable night. Thank you, Acute Inflections!

Profile Picture Rick, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We cannot rave about this dynamic duo enough! They are exceptionally talented and compliment each other better than cookies and milk! We had so many people come up to us and tell us how they were one of their favorite parts of our wedding. If you'd like to add some style, class and sophistication to any type of event, these two should be on the top of your list of vendors to book!

Profile Picture User4887315, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Microphones, Vocals

Elasea & Sadiki helped make my wedding unforgettable! It was so easy to work with them! They brought a sense of elegance to my wedding, our guests are still taking about their performance at our ceremony!

Profile Picture Dottie, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

This amazing duo performed for my husband and I at our wedding at the Grand Marquis in Old Bridge, NJ. Superb! That's one of the many words I can use to describe the entertainment displayed by Acute Inflections. They performed during our very elegant, very grown-up, supper club style cocktail hour, as well as for our first dance. Guests have shared that they felt like royalty at the cocktail hour. We felt as though we were the only two in the room as we danced to their melodies for our first dance. Guests continuously tell us about how they felt it was their first dance as well.

Elegance, class, and sophistication are the best way to describe them. From their stunning and debonair look, to their sultry sound, they will make you want to have a wedding again and again. They were the icing on the cake for our day! I highly recommend that if you are seeking professionals, who provide service a step above the rest, look no further! Acute Inflections will deliver! We look forward to having them entertain for our 10th anniversary. Thank you Acute Inflections!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

In addition to their professionalism, their talent and work ethic are outstanding. Let me explain:

My wife is an avid music lover and event coordinator. I'm a classically trained musician and also a deejay. Together we own and operate an entertainment & event planning boutique specializing in weddings and other major productions. Needless to say, music is a passion of ours and we knew it was going to play a major role in our wedding. We'd heard AI perform at an industry event and immediately fell in love with their presence and musicality. Sadiki has this smoothness about him. Seriously, he's silky smooth. Like, straight from the Harlem Renaissance smooth. He plays his upright confidently yet in a fashion that doesn't fight Elesea's vocals...his playing and her vocals are in a harmonious relationship. Elasea exudes class and grace from the moment she arrives to the moment she sings her last note. Her vocals, smooth and lustrous. What stood out most to me is that we were treated, not like just another client, but with individuality. During one of our consults we were asked what types of music we like and they took if from there, suggesting songs that would create the mood we were looking. To top it off, they even played traditional Dominican music with a jazzy feel. My family were blown away when they heard these songs being sung in Spanish! What a special touch.

Really and truly, I can't say enough great things about the experience. Book them. Now!

Profile Picture Michael, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)

Acute Inflections performed at our wedding. Two words that come to mind when asked to describe them : Absolutely Incredible!!! Its been 2 months since our wedding and people continue to ask us about them. Their performance was exceptional, playing a mix of different songs, old and new, with their own unique style embedded throughout, including a few surprise songs they picked up based on our conversations prior. They were one of the highlights of our wedding. They are extremely pleasant to work with, very accommodating and all the while maintaining a very professional demeanor. I would highly recommend Acute Inflections. They brought a new and incredible energy to our wedding making it even more of special time for all.

Profile Picture Vanessa, 6/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo

As soon as we found Acute Inflections and watched their videos we knew we wanted to book them for our wedding! We were married in New York but booked everything from our home in Australia. We found Sadiki so easy to deal with over email and over the phone and really professional. They also learned 3 new songs for us that sounded amazing. On the day of the wedding everyone commented on how good they sounded and looked! and the event staff enjoyed dealing with them. Cannot fault them at all - we just wish we could hear their music again as our guests got to enjoy more of them than we did. If you want a classy & cool duo for your event then do not hesitate to book Acute Inflections.

Profile Picture User6322868, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learn New Songs, Reception, Sample Music, Sound/PA System

Acute Inflections is AMAZING!!! They are absolutely the coolest, grooviest duo you can find to have a gorgeous and memorable ceremony! They also played our cocktail hour and every guest fell in love with them!! They were so easy to work with, totally present and interested in giving YOU (the couple) whatever you want for your event. They learned a new song for us, sent a ton of suggestions when we weren't sure what we wanted, and then day of: THEY BLEW EVERYONE AWAY! We got so many comments and compliments by our guests, we were so happy we made that decision. I had known from when I first saw them, that they were exactly what we wanted, and they totally delivered above and beyond anything we could have hoped! I already wish I had another event to have them perform at! You will not be disappointed if you 're looking for something special, unique, memorable, and most of all, they have the most gorgeous and appealing look and sound that your guests will be talking about them for months to come, because ours still mention them when we talk about our wedding! I really can't say enough great things about them. So happy we hired them!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/7/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Having Acute Inflections perform during my ceremony and reception created an incredibly unique experience for my guests. Their sound and their look was so beautiful, and they did completely original and moving takes on the classic songs I chose for my bridesmaids and I to walk down the aisle to. It was honestly so lovely half of my friends and family were brought to tears. For our wedding dance, they once again did a completely original version of our song and it was incredible! Everyone loved it, and was so surprised and asking where I found this magnificent duo. I can't say enough about how happy I am that I chose (say their names, I forget their full names) to be a part of my special day.

Profile Picture User5477106, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer

I was extremely impressed with Acute Inflections! There were some last minute changes due to weather and they moved their entire set up for me, not once, not twice- but 3 times! They were so flexible and went with the flow of the event. I was sooo happy to have them. The performance was magical and I didn't have to micro-manage them...they just got it! I will certainly work with Acute Inflections again and would recommend you do as well!

Profile Picture Fallon, 7/7/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Acute Inflections made my wedding day more special than I ever could have imagined. The lead singers voice was beautiful and made my reception fill so elegant. Thank you so much! I was on cloud nine.

Profile Picture Veronica, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Acute Inflections performed at my wedding in Martha’s Vineyard. They were beyond amazing!! I have never heard anything quite like it and neither have my husband and guests. The sole combination of an amazing voice and an unbelievable upright bassist is not only unique, but also electrifying. I really wish they had an album, because I could listen to them all day. If you book them, you will be more than impressed and marveled. Their exclusive sound and classy look added an impeccable touch to my entire wedding. Also, they have their own transportation and that made it very convenient for me. Their travel fee was reasonable, which helped cut down on some of my wedding costs. I highly recommend Acute Inflections to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Chauntel, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

My wife and I still remain very pleased to have had the services of Acute Inflections at our wedding in August 2014. They were the perfect fit for our cocktail hour, and dinner service. They are friendly and easy to work with, and we felt they truly cared about making our day special as much as we did. When planning a wedding the last thing you want to worry about is a vendor who isn't committed as much as the bride and groom. This will never be the case with Acute Inflections as they consistently displayed excellent attention to detail, and flexibility.

Profile Picture cory, 8/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Acute Inflections was all my wedding guests were talking about. They sound and look amazing and they are VERY creative. We gave them a list of our favorite songs for our first dance and dinner and they changed the styles but somehow made them better and more interesting to listen to. We also liked observing the energy between the two of them. It really added a sexiness to our wedding that we wouldn't have gotten with a traditional wedding band or classical group. We couldn't be happier that we used them.

Profile Picture User4896764, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I can’t say enough about the amazing gifts Elasea and Sadiki possess, and the flawless job these two did at our wedding. Acute Inflections performed at our hour-long cocktail reception and left all of our guests in aw! We made our decision to use Acute Inflections because we wanted to cater to all the different walks of life who were invited to our wedding. From soul to reggae, pop to jazz, they covered it all and had everyone’s toes tapping as the ambiance consumed them! Their great skill coupled with their amazing style and adaptability to our layout issues (it rained!!) made them the ideal choice and one of biggest highlights of our special day. Couldn’t have envisioned anything different, thanks Acute Inflections!!

Profile Picture Zachary, 5/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

This guys are flat out amazing. My hubby and I loved there sound and look, how in sync they are, all of the different styles they use to turn songs you know into new experiences so we hired them for our first dance and dinner music. There were a ton of fun to listen to and really added a loving ambience to everything. One thing I really appreciated with them was how responsive they were before our wedding. They actually had a million questions for us and you could tell they wanted to make sure that they understood our vision completely. That really helped things go smoothly. Quite professional. I kinda hate giving a perfect rating but I can’t find anything to complain about with them. We’ve become huge Acute Inflections fans and recommend them to all of our friends.

Profile Picture User4910038, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I'm not much of a music lover and just wanted our wedding to be special for my wife. I admit that I wasn't thrilled when she hired these guys but they made me a believer. The singer's voice elicits emotion like nothing I've ever heard before or since and I can listen to the bass lines and the sound of this double bass player for hours. Acute Inflections is flat out hypnotizing and there's no way our wedding would have been a resounding success without them. A few of our friends have booked them for their upcoming weddings because of what they experienced at our wedding and I think that says it all.

Profile Picture User4913035, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Elasea & Sadiki were simply amazing. Before the wedding they took the time to discuss details with us over the phone (outfits, music, timing, etc.) and on the wedding day showed up well in advance.

Everything worked out beautifully, their performance added so much class to the atmosphere of our wedding and all of our guests have been asking me who they were ever since the wedding.

I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Gernot, 4/22/17, 1 Review