Acute Inflections Reviews

Acute Inflections 6
Acute Inflections 7

Paul Gonoud · Married on 11/11/2018

Our experience with Acute Inflections

Both Elasea and Sadiki were awesome! upbeat and appropriate @ all times! From the moment they arrived @ the actual ceremony to the reception. Great song selection and very happy to accommodate both the bride and groom and guests alike!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thanks Paul! We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We had a lot of fun performing for you and your guests, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again soon! :-)

Janvi Paralkar · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect addition to our wedding

During wedding planning, I had envisioned live singers at our cocktail hour, but was having a tough time finding something that fit my needs - and then I found Acute Inflections. All our guests were blown away by how talented they were. Their team was responsive and professional. They even sing Hindi songs (which was a huge crowd pleaser!) Definitely recommend them to any looking for fantastic and talented musicians

Sent on 01/24/2019

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you Janvi! We had a lot of fun performing for your guests and we're glad they enjoyed our attempt at singing in Hindi. Hope to see you again soon!!!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Banaji · Married on 09/01/2018

Best Addition to Our Wedding!

Words cannot describe how much we loved working with Elasea & Sadiki! They were the last vendor we booked since a jazz duo wasn't a "necessity" but it was the best decision we made for our wedding. They were incredibly easy to work with and very proactive with everything. They learned custom songs for our ceremony to make sure our ceremony vision came to life. Every guest we have talked to since the wedding has talked about the ambiance they created for the ceremony and how emotional it was. They have also mentioned what a treat the cocktail reception was due to their performance. We have even had guests write social media posts about them! Highly recommend including Acute Inflections in your wedding, you will not be disappointed!Read Less

Sent on 02/14/2019

Acute Inflections's reply:

Wow! We really appreciate the glowing review, Jennifer! We had a lot of fun performing for you and your guests and are glad the feeling is mutual. We look forward to staying in touch, and we better see you at one of our shows soon!

Matt Amore · Married on 08/18/2018

The Perfect Sound for your Dream Wedding

These two are just perfect. We booked them to perform as our guests arrived, then during our ceremony, and through cocktail hour. With only a bass and a voice, Acute Inflections can truly set the tone for your dream wedding. We were able to customize our songs to fit the exact mood we were trying to create, and they even coordinated their outfits to match our colors and venue. Six months later, our guests are still commenting on how good they were, and we're so lucky to have their music playing on our wedding video. You will NOT be disappointed with their incredible talent and professionalism.

Sent on 03/04/2019

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you, Matt, for your lovely review! We are so moved by your kind words. It was a pleasure and an honor to be able to perform for you, and we’re so happy you, and your guests enjoyed it. Please stay in touch and hopefully, we'll see you both soon at one of our live shows soon!

Karie · Married on 04/07/2018

Highly recommend!

Elasea and Sadiki are very professional, well dressed and extremely talented! I was a bit skeptical of a vocal and bass duo at first but after watching them perform live at The Lotte New York Palace, it was the easiest decision we made. They provided the music for our wedding procession, recession, and cocktail hour. Elasea has the sweetest voice and she and Sadiki are quite versatile with their ability to blend different styles of music easily. Everyone loved the music and kept asking for their information afterwards to see them live or recommend to others. I strongly recommend Elasea and Sadiki to anyone looking to add live music to their wedding or other events

Sent on 11/24/2018

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you so much Karie! We can't tell you how much of an honor it was to contribute to your beautiful day. We wish you both the very best and we hope to see you soon at the Lotte New York Palace one of these nights!

Annie Quinn · Married on 03/11/2018

Outstanding in every way!

You cannot find a better duo than Acute Inflections! We heard them at our friends' wedding, and knew we needed them at our own.

The Acute Inflections already have an amazing set list of songs to choose from - they even personalized our ceremony songs (including Beyonce!) and performed all beautifully. They also dress to fit your venue (and look quite good doing it!).

Our guests were so smitten with them, one of the most common compliments we received after the wedding was how much they enjoyed our music. They are also the nicest people and are so easy to work with.

Do yourself a favor and hire the Acute Inflections! You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you again Annie, we really appreciate the love! Now we just need you two to have a date night at one of our live shows so we can recreate the magic!

georgie · Married on 10/26/2017

I originally saw Acute Inflections playing at The Times Square hotel and was blown away at just how great they were. I had never heard current music put to jazz before and absolutely loved what they could do. I had recently got engaged and knew that I needed them to play at my dream wedding.
    When I reached out to them they immediately asked what my favorite sort of music was and told me that they can tailor their clothing and music to exactly what I wanted for my special day. I was so impressed by them that I chose instead of having them for just the cocktail hour I wanted them there for the entire dinner and for our first dance.
    Acute inflections asked in advance what particular song I would like for walking down the aisle and which would we like for our first dance so we could practice our moves before the big day. I found this very helpful and loved listening to their music again as this reminded me of how beautiful they sounded.
    On my wedding day I walked down the aisle to ‘I can't help falling in love with you,’ I was nervous but I caught a glimpse of Elasea’s smile which immediately put me at ease. Their version of this song still gives me tingles, they performed it so beautifully that most of my guests had a tear in their eye.
    Everyone complimented the music and the connection that Elasea and Sadiki have when they perform is magical.
    I highly recommend this duo, they are so incredible and would be perfect for any occasion.

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Acute Inflections 8
    Acute Inflections 9
    Acute Inflections 10
    Acute Inflections 11

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thanks Georgie! We had a lovely time being part of your beautiful wedding and look forward to staying in touch with you guys.

Brit · Married on 10/07/2017

I cannot speak highly enough of this extraordinary duo. They were exceptional in every way: communication, planning, and, of course, their beautiful performance. So many guests stopped to tell me how much they loved Elasea and Sadiki’s performance at our cocktail hour. In fact, one of my friends texted me as soon as we got back from our honeymoon to ask how he could book them for his own wedding. The text he sent me should be all you need to know. It read: “They were amazing. They were epic. We were both like ‘wuuuuuuuuuuuh?!’” Beyond how fabulous their performance is (and it REALLY is!), they are wonderful people who were the easiest vendors I worked with in the planning process. If you’d like to add a classy, unique, sophisticated element to your wedding, they should be at the top of your list!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Acute Inflections 12

Paul · Married on 09/16/2017

As the Professionalism category states, TOP NOTCH!. Had an absolute ball on our wedding day & it always comes down to the music & food that has the crowd feeling the way you want them to be. Seriously, Elasea & Sadiki, you made everyone jam out to your beautiful jazzy, reggae beats. Being surrounded by buildings in a hidden garden down East Village way, it was the perfect addition to our amazing day. I can't recommend Acute Inflections enough for any wedding or Jazz bar. They have their own playlist of songs but are also up for any other additions to suit what your after on the day. Values worth... bloody oath they are worth every penny.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thanks for the love! You guys were so cool to work with and your wedding was unique, comfortable and really was a special memory for us. We'll see you both soon!

Ari · Married on 07/22/2017

Acute Inflections made our wedding! There was not a single guest that failed to mention how amazing their cocktail hour set was. They covered "First day of my life" for our first dance and everyone was blown away. We had family members asking for recordings of the covers! The staff at our venue all said that they made extra trips outside just to hear the music. The sound and energy is just unparalleled. We knew we wanted something other than just a dj but really couldn't have imagined anything as great as Acute Inflections. From the moment we contacted them, almost a year before our wedding (7/22/17), they were the most attentive and caring vendor to work with. Sadiki and Elasea are just masterful musicians and they can transform any song into the most unique, and jazzy interpretation. They were so incredibly kind and generous with their time, responding to all our ideas, talking things through with us, making every effort to get to know us and our vision. We went to see them a few times before our wedding and they played songs they had learned for us as well as covers they thought we'd like. Our wedding day was a little bit crazy but they made everything we imagined happen, including a beautiful first dance, without missing a beat even though the environment didn't lend itself to the smoothest set up. My only regret is that we didn't get to enjoy them more during cocktail hour because we were running around so much, my husband said we should have forfitted our private moment pre reception for the time at cocktail hour listening to Acute Inflections set! If you're looking for a truly original addition to your wedding, or any party, you'd be remiss not to get in touch with sadiki and elasea. There is truly no other group like them. Go see them and you'll see for yourself! Elasea and Sadiki - thank you!!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Gina · Married on 07/01/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Acute Inflections, Elasea & Sadiki for our July wedding. Throughout the process, Elasea and Sadiki were extremely accommodating, professional, and down to earth. Our guests were absolutely blown away by their incredible talent! We would love to have the opportunity to work with them again and recommend them to anyone hosting an event!

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Acute Inflections 13

ROSEMARIE · Married on 06/24/2017

As a Mother of the Bride, one who coordinated a Manhattan wedding from Dallas, I cannot say enough about how formidable, warm, congenial and purely sentimental Acute Inflections were for my daughter's wedding. They captivated every guest, brought incredible touches words cannot explain.. they made songs we all love all their own and is there's a word that perhaps captures them well it would be MESMERIZING. You cannot go wrong in the hire of Acute Inflections. If ever I have a big event in Dallas, this is who I need to travel to Dallas to make the night most memorable.

Sent on 04/29/2018
    Acute Inflections 14
    Acute Inflections 15

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you so much Rosemarie!! It was truly our pleasure to be a part of your daughter's beautiful celebration and getting to know you as well.

Rick · Married on 05/20/2017

Having Acute Inflections at our wedding was a privilege. Elasea and Sadiki were so good when we heard them perform live that we decided to have them play our 150-guest wedding dinner reception. It was one of the best decisions we made! Our guests raved about them all night, and we received many questions afterwards about “Who was that band?” Their jazzy covers helped create a sophisticated and intimate ambiance and kept the evening upbeat and romantic. On top of being some of the most talented musicians we’ve met, they are simply great people -- funny, easy-going, and authentic. They were consummate professionals and paid attention to all the details, everything from how their outfits blended with the venue to how music transitioned to other parts of the program, making sure there was always background music even when they were not playing. Elasea and Sadiki’s passion for their music really shines through in their performances and the way they approach every project. They even made a custom, unique Acute Inflections arrangement of our first dance song. Thanks to their talent, creativity, and genuine enthusiasm, it was a musically unforgettable night. Thank you, Acute Inflections!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Assetou · Married on 03/03/2017

Amazing Professional Singer and Musician

As a Wedding Planner, I had the pleasure to work with Acute Inflections for a beautiful wedding ceremony in July. Elasea & Sadiki are really professional. They responded to all my questions, were flexible and responsive. They are amazing singer and musician and they look phenomenal (they can even match their attire to your theme, color or décor!). I definitely recommend them for any stylish events.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you so much Assetou! We had a lot of fun working with you as well, and look forward to doing so more in the future.

Jake B · Married on 10/07/2016

Helped make our day

They performed beautifully throughout our wedding. They impressed our guests, they impressed the other vendors, and they impressed us. If you're considering live music, booking Acute Inflections will set your event apart.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Acute Inflections's reply:

Thank you so much, Jake, for your kind words and glowing review! It was an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of your special day and we are just delighted to hear that we made a such a wonderful impression on all of you. We truly wish you both many blessings and all the happiness in the future!

Nicole · Married on 09/10/2016

We cannot rave about this dynamic duo enough! They are exceptionally talented and compliment each other better than cookies and milk! We had so many people come up to us and tell us how they were one of their favorite parts of our wedding. If you'd like to add some style, class and sophistication to any type of event, these two should be on the top of your list of vendors to book!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Dottie · Married on 08/20/2016

Elasea & Sadiki helped make my wedding unforgettable! It was so easy to work with them! They brought a sense of elegance to my wedding, our guests are still taking about their performance at our ceremony!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Cynthia · Married on 07/09/2016

This amazing duo performed for my husband and I at our wedding at the Grand Marquis in Old Bridge, NJ. Superb! That's one of the many words I can use to describe the entertainment displayed by Acute Inflections. They performed during our very elegant, very grown-up, supper club style cocktail hour, as well as for our first dance. Guests have shared that they felt like royalty at the cocktail hour. We felt as though we were the only two in the room as we danced to their melodies for our first dance. Guests continuously tell us about how they felt it was their first dance as well.

Elegance, class, and sophistication are the best way to describe them. From their stunning and debonair look, to their sultry sound, they will make you want to have a wedding again and again. They were the icing on the cake for our day! I highly recommend that if you are seeking professionals, who provide service a step above the rest, look no further! Acute Inflections will deliver! We look forward to having them entertain for our 10th anniversary. Thank you Acute Inflections!

Sent on 01/02/2017

Michael · Married on 06/26/2016

In addition to their professionalism, their talent and work ethic are outstanding. Let me explain:

My wife is an avid music lover and event coordinator. I'm a classically trained musician and also a deejay. Together we own and operate an entertainment & event planning boutique specializing in weddings and other major productions. Needless to say, music is a passion of ours and we knew it was going to play a major role in our wedding. We'd heard AI perform at an industry event and immediately fell in love with their presence and musicality. Sadiki has this smoothness about him. Seriously, he's silky smooth. Like, straight from the Harlem Renaissance smooth. He plays his upright confidently yet in a fashion that doesn't fight Elesea's vocals...his playing and her vocals are in a harmonious relationship. Elasea exudes class and grace from the moment she arrives to the moment she sings her last note. Her vocals, smooth and lustrous. What stood out most to me is that we were treated, not like just another client, but with individuality. During one of our consults we were asked what types of music we like and they took if from there, suggesting songs that would create the mood we were looking. To top it off, they even played traditional Dominican music with a jazzy feel. My family were blown away when they heard these songs being sung in Spanish! What a special touch.

Really and truly, I can't say enough great things about the experience. Book them. Now!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Vanessa · Married on 06/17/2016

Acute Inflections performed at our wedding. Two words that come to mind when asked to describe them : Absolutely Incredible!!! Its been 2 months since our wedding and people continue to ask us about them. Their performance was exceptional, playing a mix of different songs, old and new, with their own unique style embedded throughout, including a few surprise songs they picked up based on our conversations prior. They were one of the highlights of our wedding. They are extremely pleasant to work with, very accommodating and all the while maintaining a very professional demeanor. I would highly recommend Acute Inflections. They brought a new and incredible energy to our wedding making it even more of special time for all.

Sent on 08/14/2016

As soon as we found Acute Inflections and watched their videos we knew we wanted to book them for our wedding! We were married in New York but booked everything from our home in Australia. We found Sadiki so easy to deal with over email and over the phone and really professional. They also learned 3 new songs for us that sounded amazing. On the day of the wedding everyone commented on how good they sounded and looked! and the event staff enjoyed dealing with them. Cannot fault them at all - we just wish we could hear their music again as our guests got to enjoy more of them than we did. If you want a classy & cool duo for your event then do not hesitate to book Acute Inflections.

Sent on 02/05/2016

Laura · Married on 09/07/2015

Acute Inflections is AMAZING!!! They are absolutely the coolest, grooviest duo you can find to have a gorgeous and memorable ceremony! They also played our cocktail hour and every guest fell in love with them!! They were so easy to work with, totally present and interested in giving YOU (the couple) whatever you want for your event. They learned a new song for us, sent a ton of suggestions when we weren't sure what we wanted, and then day of: THEY BLEW EVERYONE AWAY! We got so many comments and compliments by our guests, we were so happy we made that decision. I had known from when I first saw them, that they were exactly what we wanted, and they totally delivered above and beyond anything we could have hoped! I already wish I had another event to have them perform at! You will not be disappointed if you 're looking for something special, unique, memorable, and most of all, they have the most gorgeous and appealing look and sound that your guests will be talking about them for months to come, because ours still mention them when we talk about our wedding! I really can't say enough great things about them. So happy we hired them!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Having Acute Inflections perform during my ceremony and reception created an incredibly unique experience for my guests. Their sound and their look was so beautiful, and they did completely original and moving takes on the classic songs I chose for my bridesmaids and I to walk down the aisle to. It was honestly so lovely half of my friends and family were brought to tears. For our wedding dance, they once again did a completely original version of our song and it was incredible! Everyone loved it, and was so surprised and asking where I found this magnificent duo. I can't say enough about how happy I am that I chose (say their names, I forget their full names) to be a part of my special day.

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • F

Fallon · Married on 07/07/2015

I was extremely impressed with Acute Inflections! There were some last minute changes due to weather and they moved their entire set up for me, not once, not twice- but 3 times! They were so flexible and went with the flow of the event. I was sooo happy to have them. The performance was magical and I didn't have to micro-manage them...they just got it! I will certainly work with Acute Inflections again and would recommend you do as well!

Sent on 03/20/2015