ACT 3 Catering Reviews

87 | Seattle, WA

87 Reviews for ACT 3 Catering

Genelle · Married on 08/28/2010

Act 3, overall did a great job at our wedding. The food was great! They were flexible with our menu choices and helped us keep costs down where we could. We chose them mostly because of their lower prices, but people are still talking about how great the food was at our reception! Some caterers go overboard with staff, Act 3 had the perfect amount. We did have a couple details missed on the day of, but part of it could have been due to me not being specific enough.

Sent on 09/28/2010
  • User3420157 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.5

They were very flexible, understanding, and willing to work with us to achieve what we wanted in our catering package. They were pretty affordable for everything they provide, and the staff was very professional in attire and service. They work with a great linen company that has a wide selection of beautiful linens so we didn't have to worry about renting all that (but you can if you want to). The food was also really good as well. The only thing that was a concern we heard from a couple guests was that the servers would be too good, in that they kept taking people's wine and beer glasses away from tables when they were half full or all the way full (people would leave their dinner seat to go say hello to someone and their drink would be gone). That was annoying to hear since we supplied all of the beer and wine and did not intend for half of it to be thrown away. That was the only downside to an otherwise overall great catering experience for our day.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Heather · Married on 09/10/2011

3.5

We were forced to use this company with our vending site. Infact, it was the ONLY caterer allowed at this place. However, the service at the wedding was EXCELLENT, but the food was nothing like it we originally sampled. I worked very closely with Donna throughout the entire process and she did an excellent contacting me back quickly and answering all of my questions.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Joy · Married on 06/15/2008

3.5

The food was really good and we got plenty of it.

Sent on 03/24/2009

3.0

The crab stuffed chicken is AMAZING!! I would have chosen Act 3 as my caterer if it weren't for the very high price of bar service and the farm raised salmon. Donna was very helpful and accommodating. She was responsive and really great through the whole process of quotes, tasting, and final proposal.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Janae · Married on 08/08/2010

3.0

I decided on a buffett style at my wedding, and it was wonderful. Everyone had enough to eat, and I heard all good things about the food! To be honest, I had so many things going on, that I didnt get a chance to sample more than a couple bites, but what I did have was fabulous.
    My only complaint was that my cake was....we...ugly. I had given them drawings, pictures, and descriptions of what i wanted. When I arrived at the venue, I was told the cake decorator could not make it, so the baker then had to improvise and decorate my cake. It was nothing like what I had imagined, but as dissapointed as I was...I cannot say it wasnt delicious!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2008

3.0

After attending several caterers' tastings, I choose Act 3 because their food was both delicious and beautifully presented. The price was the same as several other caterers. I encourage you to attend an Act 3 tasting if you are considering them, it will win you over!

Sent on 10/02/2008

Joem · Married on 08/27/2016

3.6
      3.5

Our wedding venue had a preferred list of catering companies and Act 3 was one of them. We researched and met with three different ones on the list. We decided to go with Act 3 because they’re prices are reasonable, food is good, and they’re responsive and received great reviews. I worked with Donna throughout the process and she was easy to work with. She has great attention to detail and would communicate them clearly when sending me revised invoices. On the day of the wedding, Marla and Trisha were amazing. They made sure my husband and I were taken care of, that we had enough to eat and drink, asked if we needed anything else, followed the program and were readily available to assist as needed.

As happy as I am with their service, there are a couple aspects of concern I want to mention. First off, I asked Donna if it mattered that we brought soda cans or 2-liters for our “You Bring It, We Serve It” bar. She said it didn’t matter. We went with 2-liters but for some reason, when we showed up to the venue, the bartender told us he didn’t have enough cups as he was anticipating soda cans. Obviously, this wasn't communicated internally to him and we had to have a relative run to the store to purchase additional cups. Secondly, while we were on our honeymoon, I received an email stating we were being charged for damaged linens because they had wax spills on them and were unusable. (Please note: I didn't notice any wax spills during the wedding. I was never sent any photos so I don't know how small/large they were.) I was not aware we could be charged for this; it was not brought up in our initial meetings or email correspondence. Point is: If I had known this prior to, I would have decided NOT to use ANY type of candle in my centerpieces. It may sound insignificant, but this just left a VERY sour taste in my mouth.

Sent on 09/19/2016

H. · Married on 08/08/2010

3.2
      1.0
      3.5

We had to use Act3 as one of our preferred vendors. We did a buffet that was nicely presented and tasted good. The chicken looked like bread, which we mentioned in the tasting, but it wasn't fixed. We got a huge vat of boiled onions that we never ordered, which was odd. The staff at the event were very professional and nice. However, you have to book staff members for a 10 hour window, so it was very expensive. The woman I talked to on the phone in the beginning, Laura, was hard to work with. Kelsey, on the other hand, was an ease to work with and got back to me quickly. Overall, it was good service, but for the cost it was way overpriced.

Sent on 09/17/2010

Alexis · Married on 07/31/2010

2.0

I never ended up booking Act 3 because their menu was way too expensive for me. They were contracted with my reception venue so I ended up changing venues last minute. However, I went to a tasting and their food is very good.

My gripe with them is that when I decided I would just have a champagne and cake reception (which is very common) with some appetizers, they doubled the price of the appetizers on me (they explained they would make double the amount, however, that is not what I wanted) and they called me (the owner did) and innapropriately pressured me into biting the bullet and ordering food--they told me their prices were reasonable and I should just order the food anyway...and told me that my guests will get too drunk without food (which is my business). I just thought that whole situation was innapropriate and unprofessional, so I decided not to work with them anymore.

If you're not willing to spend good money, this company doesn't give you much respect. That's how they made me feel anyway.

Sent on 08/17/2010

2.6

Food was delicious.
    A lot of miscommunication and back and forth with two different ladies via emails.
    Took forever to get updated and final invoice.
    Questions not answered.
    Showed up to venue AN HOUR LATE.
    Had to do set up during my ceremony.

Sent on 08/28/2016

Jen · Married on 07/10/2010

2.2
      0.5

I was most excited, and least worried about the catering. Every meeting I had with them prior to the wedding was great and got me excited. This was not the case on the day of my wedding.

When I showed up to my wedding location they were already there which was great. I walked over to talk to them to see how things were coming. They informed me that they were short staffed by one bartender and one server. This was not the first thing I wanted to hear right before my 250 person wedding.

When it was time to eat, the food tasted nothing like what we had tried on our tastings, there were things on our buffet that we didnt order, and they ran out of a few things very quickly.

When it was time for the toast it took them an hour to pass out the champagne. And this was after I had to ask them several times to start passing it out. People were still getting champagne after the toasts were over.

Maybe I just had high expectations, but this was the worst part of my wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2010