ACT 3 Catering Reviews

87 | Seattle, WA

87 Reviews for ACT 3 Catering

• Kristi

Kristi · Married on 03/06/2020

Amazing from beginning to happily ever after!

ACT 3 was amazing from the time we met them at the Puyallup Wedding Expo to the day of services provided by all of the staff. Emily helped us plan everything from the food for our appetizers and dinner to our linens and table settings. She was so helpful with any questions we had, even when they were outside of services she normally provides. We also loved working with Marla day of. She made sure we had drinks all night and would check in periodically to let us know their timeline and make sure we had whatever we needed. The food is also delicious! Our wedding food was just as wonderful as we remembered from our tasting. Our guests are still raving about our passed appetizers and dinner three weeks after our wedding! The entire ACT 3 team is amazing. The staff really went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. They are friendly and accommodating, and made sure our guests were taken care of, which was very important to us. The services we received include buffet style dinner, passed appetizers, and full bar services. ACT 3's display of our buffet was also very beautiful and elegant, contributing to the look and feel we were hoping for with our decor. We highly recommend ACT 3 Catering and wouldn't change a thing about the services they provided for our wedding

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Hampton · Married on 02/22/2020

Great service & food!

ACT 3 was the best decision ever!! The service, the food, and the staff were all amazing. My husband and I actually went in for a tasting late August, but didn't book until almost a month before our wedding date (ahhhh, I know - we had so much going on and somehow that decision took us forever haha!) Markelle was amazing throughout everything. She took the time to check up on us before we even booked. Bless her heart for her patience, organization and professionalism. I had a bridezilla moment and she handled it so well! Victoria was our main girl the day of our wedding and she was so on point with making sure we were fed and enjoying ourselves. The bartenders and the staff serving dinner were all great as well.

THE FOOD. The reviews I read prior to booking all talked about how amazing the food was and that is no lie! We had 3 tray passed appetizers during cocktail hour - veggie baked stuffed mushrooms, bulgogi beef skewers with kimchi and coconut prawns and all of our guests LOVED it. We did a family style dinner for each table and I was very impressed at how organized the staff were when serving the food. We still receive compliments on how yummy the food was at our wedding. The champagne chicken was cooked perfectly!

ACT 3 has amazing service and they are very affordable! We had a guest count of 270 + feeding our working vendors that night! THANK YOU, Markelle & team!

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Angelia

Angelia · Married on 02/20/2020

Great Service & Great Food!

Emily helped us every step of the way! I feel like I had a million questions all the time but she was always so quick to respond and gave us great info every time. They had very affordable prices that fit well within our budget and great quality food! Our guests loved the food and kept complimenting us on our food choice. The service team that took care of us on our wedding day was amazing! They were so attentive and all worked extremely hard. They made sure they took care of all of our guests. Everything happened so fast and we had such a large guest count so it was hard to keep up with everyone but they did a great job. We were super exhausted and overwhelmed from the craziness of the day but they made sure we were always taken care of! They constantly checked on us and made sure we had everything we needed. There were a lot of moving parts to our wedding due to the guest count and setup of the venue but they did a great job with making everything organized and go smoothly. Thank you Act 3 for contributing a huge part of our magical day!

Sent on 02/23/2020

Hi Angelia,
    WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to have made your special day even that much better.
    Please don't hesitate to reach out should you ever need anything!
    From our family to yours,
    Emily :)

Amanda Johnston · Married on 02/02/2020

Amazing and Organized

They have amazing communication and I LOVE that when we were looking at the proposal everything (including gratuity) was included so NO HIDDEN FEES. My fiancé and I are doing our best to budget for our wedding and they make it so easy.

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Dmitry

Dmitry · Married on 09/22/2019

Best food and top quality service

We couldn't be more thrilled with our service from Act3. Markelle was easy to work with, while we were planning our event. Day of staff looked out for our every need. They went above and beyond what we expected of them. Dana boxed food up for B&G and made sure we were well taken care of all night. We'd highly recommend without any hesitation.

Sent on 09/24/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback! We try to be one, even two steps ahead the entire night to ensure your wedding day is a smooth as possible! We wish you all the best!
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/14/2019

Incredible- five star service

Our experience with Act3 catering from start to finish was amazing! All our friends and family LOVED the food and our dedicated server Victoria, for the head table, was hands down the BEST person to work with! If anyone needs a caterer for any event, without question Act3 is the best!

Sent on 09/15/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Hello Chelsea and Seth! Congratulations on your wedding day! Thank you so much for the feedback. We are so happy Victoria and the team made you feel so special! That is our goal for the day! We wish you all the best.

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Service and Friendly Staff

I can not recommend this company enough. They were one of the preferred vendors at our venue and I am so glad they were. From start to finish they were so professional and helpful. I worked with Markelle leading up to the wedding and should could not have been more helpful with the 1000 questions I had. She was patient and also had some great ideas for me to incorporate into our wedding. The food and service on the day of were amazing ! Because they were so familiar with the venue I did not have to answer any questions. They were so sweet and even packed a to go box for the hubby and I!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Hello Amanda!

Thank you so much for your sweet review! I am always happy to help with questions or suggestion leading up to the big day! We wish you all the best in all of life's adventures!!

Tessa · Married on 08/31/2019

Everyone loved the food!

Act 3 was an amazing choice for my wedding dinner. So many people came up to me saying how great the food was. The staff were friendly and they made sure my husband and I had some appetizers and drinks before our grand entrance. Communicating with them throughout the year has been a breeze as well, their responses were always quick. They're professional and knew just what to do when it came to how to make our signature drinks (I only vaguely knew what I was doing), how and where the buffet should be, and setup/takedown was super fast. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Tessa,
    We appreciate your kind feedback more than you know! We are so happy to have made such a great impression on such an important day! Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you and your family again.
    - Act 3 Team
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 08/25/2019

Fantastic service

There service was fantastic and the food for the BBQ menue we picked had our guest wishing they had doggie bags for the food afterwards...the food was incredible the staff was amazing to work with so polite and sweet they went beyond and above to deliver the best prepping and display! Thank you all so much for making our guest Tommy's happy and our day magical!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Lacey,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we greatly appreciate it! We are so happy to have made such a great impression on such a special day!
    Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you all again :)

Agnes Tinae · Married on 08/16/2019

They are simply AMAZING

Act3 was truly amazing! No other way to explain their team! I would HIGHLY recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 08/26/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Agnes! It was such a pleasure working with you and Finae! We wish you all the best!

Deanna · Married on 08/16/2019

Delicious food with excellent service and attention to detail

Both Troy and I were highly impressed with Act 3 and here is why! They are thoughtful, when we came around the corner after our ceremony, there was a nicely dressed waiter with two waters waiting to congratulate us! They are prompt, Markelle is incredibly talented at what she does and the chef, wait staff and bar tender were top notch! We took advantage of their private tasting, where they served us our choices off their menu. It was so hard to choose everything was delicious. They truly made us feel special when the chef came out to personally talk about the food we had chosen. It was a really nice touch. We are so happy we chose them, they served our guest a delicious meal from tip to tail. They were attentive and professional from planning to service, we couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/02/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your thorough review, Deanna! It is our upmost priority to make sure you feel special on your wedding day and we're so happy we succeed! We wish you all the best!
  • Jeff

Jeff Knapp · Married on 08/11/2019

BEST CATERING Service you'll FIND for your Event!

We entertained 4 different catering services, and to say that ACT 3 Catering was head and shoulders above the rest would be a massive understatement! Their site location in Renton was both convenient and impressive. Upon our initial tasting we were warmly greeted and were appropriately served everything we had requested to taste. The food is exceptional, and the options are numerous. They work closely with you to ensure you are comfortable with your choices and the presentations. Big kuddos to Markelle, who was our main point of contact throughout and never let us down. She is a great communicator and was hands down amazing! The service on our wedding day was top notch, professional and engaging. We honestly feel like we lucked out deciding on ACT 3, but they truly made the decision easy to make. Thank you everyone from ACT 3! We appreciate you and will always recommend to friends and use for other special occasions!

Sent on 12/01/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Hello Jeff and Angela! We are so proud that we made your day so special! It was truly a pleasure to work with you two as well! We wish you all the best!!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Stover · Married on 07/28/2019

You can't go wrong with Act 3!

We hired Act 3 after sampling several catering vendors in Seattle and settled on Act 3 after tasting their amazing food. The overall cost ended up being almost $2000 less than other vendors and our guests raved about the food. We had some last minute guest cancellation and thought we'd have leftovers, but there were none! Guests went back two and three times for more prime rib, wild salmon, and everything else. I didn't much care for prime rib until I ate theirs, it is like butter! And their staff was fantastic, they really went above and beyond on the wedding day. Our guests commented on how great the staff was and how much they loved the food. Act 3 is wonderful!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Amanda L. Brown · Married on 07/12/2019

Great food, value and service!

Act3 did an amazing job at our wedding and helped make everything simple. They took care of the food, linens, cake cutting and bar-tending. They were very attentive to us, ensuring we had drinks and what we needed and even sent us home with a nice care package to take back to the hotel with food, cake and wine. We were surprisingly hungry after! Everyone commented on how great the food was and they were also very helpful for our guests with dietary needs.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Andrea Fields · Married on 06/22/2019

Look no further this is your caterer

Wow, where do I begin..... From The Amazing food, to the first class setup, to the first-class top-notch servers and bartenders who were seamless, Pleasant, cheerful, attentive and quick. There is not enough adjectives to say how amazing this operation is. They were excellent and I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing food and best service!

We worked with Markelle setting up the menu, table, and drinks for our wedding. It was so easy to work with her and the Act 3 team. The lead that day, Victoria, was to say the least... amazing. She always kept track if we needed a drink or food, all the while doing the wedding thing. All the caterers and vendors did an amazing job and would 100% recommend them for your catering needs. The food was great and the desserts were a hit! We did a s'mores bar and it couldn't have been more perfect. THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/11/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Dominique and Conor! You both were such a pleasure to work with and we are so happy for you! We wish you all the best!

Bryanna · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Catering

Act 3 provided superb quality, professionalism and value. Everyone at our wedding couldn’t stop saying how blown away they were at how great everything was. They delivered food directly to my new husband and I and made sure we had the most lovely time.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Hello Bryanna,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Taking care of our bride and groom is our top priority! We wish you all the best!

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious food and super helpful!

Everyone raves about the food and at the end of the night they packed up a meal for my husband and I! They also checked in on us as we were getting ready and offered us drinks.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 04/13/2019

Beyond Perfection

My interactions with Act 3 were nothing short of perfection. I worked with Emily to put together a menu, staffing, and other needs (water service, desserts plates). She was incredibly responsive and detailed oriented. She even helped me accommodate onion and gluten allergies. Emily often apologized for asking several questions, but it put me at ease knowing that I wasn’t the only one thinking of all these things (as I am a control freak). She was so thorough and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about working with her. On the day of, the staff showed up early/on time (unsure as I was off taking pictures) and immediately got to work. Then, as we were taking a brief break from pictures, Marla, the event manager found us and served us water. She did this half a dozen more times throughout the event- it was so amazing and helpful! That level of care was so unexpected, but incredibly appreciated. All staff members were incredibly attentive to us, making sure we always had a beverage if wanted.They offered to make our plates at the buffet, but we passed on that (as I was not sure of how much I could eat - nerves). They did carry our plates to our table, which was helpful for me in my gown. The buffet was beautifully decorated and all dishes were labeled, especially the ones that said “onion free.” My groom said that their champagne chicken was the best chicken he’s ever had. While I didn’t eat much at the actual ceremony, due to nerves and adrenaline, the food was DELICIOUS. I know this because Act 3 created a to go bag for me and my groom. Two entrees, salad, dressing, Parmesan, rolls (with butter), huge helping of cake, napkins, plates, and silverware. It was so generous and perfect for me as I was starving when I got back to the hotel at the end of the night. At the end of the wedding, Act 3 went above and beyond to help our other event staff tear down/clean up the room. I was surprised that they hung around to help with everything and not just their own tables. It was awesome. I cannot say enough good things about this company. Thank you, Act 3 for playing your part exquisitely in our big day.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Sarah Ballard · Married on 12/01/2018

Incredible service & Food

Our wedding this past weekend was catered by Act 3. I knew I wanted to serve a nice dinner but wasn’t expecting anything out of the normal for catered food. I’ve never been to a wedding where the food was something that left a lasting impression.
    Boy was I wrong. The food was one of the most talked about things of the night. The salmon and prime rib was to die for. As a bride, you’re told numerous times throughout the night to eat. I had NO problems finishing my plate and even sneaking in a few bites of seconds ☺️We were recommended Act 3 by our fabulous venue coordinator, Kellie. The staff took care of every detail. We had plenty enough food, and the service was remarkable. I will HIGHLY recommend Act 3 to anyone getting married or hosting a large event. It was so refreshing to have every detail on the catering side handled with outstanding service.
    The Ballard’s

Sent on 12/05/2018

I was skeptical about going with buffet service since I have had bad experiences at other weddings with buffets, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious (all of guests commented how great the food was) and the service was great! They even made sure to incorporate our wedding colors into the decorations on the buffet table!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Sophie Xu · Married on 10/14/2018

Act 3 goes above and beyond

The food, the staff, the event coordinators go above and beyond to make your day so special. We have guests asking us all the time who catered as they want to use them for there wedding. We recommend them to everyone we know.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Casey · Married on 08/10/2018

Not even sure where to begin! Act 3 went above and beyond and exceeded every expectation we had and expectations that we didn't even know we could have. We were mainly excited about their amazing food but it ended up being SO much more than that.

Markelle was incredible every step of the way. She's highly organized and accommodating. She looked out for us and made sure we were well informed on all of our decisions that would effect cost. She was always super quick to respond and kind when she did. We were lucky to have her!

Our family and guests are still talking about the food and how delicious it was but they're also still buzzing about the service. How kind and helpful the staff all were and how hard they were all working nonstop to make sure everything was clean and that everyone had full glasses.

There were two things that were totally unexpected but blew our expectations out of the water. The first was the gorgeous buffet display. They took our theme and our colors and created the most beautiful display in the great room in our venue. It was such a wonderful surprise.
    The second was that my husband and I had our own "personal assistant" who also assisted our parents the entire night. She was so sweet and helpful and made sure we were well taken care of. It made us feel so special.

We absolutely 100% recommend them!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Act 3 Catering was phenomenal. I had my wedding on 6.2.18 and my husband and I were beyond happy that we chose them. They have a very extensive menu to choose from, but we went with the cheapest meal plan [because one: we had A LOT of guests. and two: the cheapest one was pasta and that was exactly what we wanted]. Before confirming with them, I was able to set up a tasting and bring up to 4 other guests with me. The tasting was not like most. You got to choose from so many selections and they give you a sit down meal with fresh food brought to you so you can know exactly what you're going to get. I seriously wanted EVERYTHING from the tasting to be on my menu because it was all so delicious!!
    Day of with Act 3 could not have been any better. Immediately after the ceremony they were waiting for the bride and groom with our drinks of choice in hand. They made sure we got our food first and made sure the bride didn't have to do any work. They went way beyond expectations and were so gracious in catering to the family. They were refilling drinks and making sure everyone was tended to so fast. I didn't have anything to worry about as a bride. I had 200 guests and they made sure all there glasses were charged for the toasts. There bartending service was on top of it. My husband and I were looking forward to leftovers after the wedding, but we didn't even get any because our guests ate everything going up for seconds and thirds. Act 3 was so kind, so on top of it, and suuuper tasty. They are hands down worth every penny and the only catering company I would ever consider.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Chelsea · Married on 11/25/2017

I LOVED Act 3! The catered or wedding for us and the guests were raving about the food . We had chicken marsala, flank steak with lime chimichuri, seasonal veggies, mashed potatoes and Caesar salad with rolls. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try the passed appetizers because we were taking pictures but the guests loved the stuffed mushrooms the best from what we heard. There was one gal who was in charge of helping me and my husband with anything we needed (drinks from the bar, more food, etc.) so we felt spoiled and it helped us focus on our night so it was awesome. We still crave the mashed potatoes!

Sent on 01/31/2018