ACT 3 Catering Reviews

ACT 3 Catering 6
  • Amanda

Amanda Johnston · Getting married on 02/02/2020

Amazing and Organized

They have amazing communication and I LOVE that when we were looking at the proposal everything (including gratuity) was included so NO HIDDEN FEES. My fiancé and I are doing our best to budget for our wedding and they make it so easy.

Sent on 04/26/2019
    ACT 3 Catering 7
    ACT 3 Catering 8
    ACT 3 Catering 9
    ACT 3 Catering 10
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/14/2019

Incredible- five star service

Our experience with Act3 catering from start to finish was amazing! All our friends and family LOVED the food and our dedicated server Victoria, for the head table, was hands down the BEST person to work with! If anyone needs a caterer for any event, without question Act3 is the best!

Sent on 09/15/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Hello Chelsea and Seth! Congratulations on your wedding day! Thank you so much for the feedback. We are so happy Victoria and the team made you feel so special! That is our goal for the day! We wish you all the best.

Tessa · Married on 08/31/2019

Everyone loved the food!

Act 3 was an amazing choice for my wedding dinner. So many people came up to me saying how great the food was. The staff were friendly and they made sure my husband and I had some appetizers and drinks before our grand entrance. Communicating with them throughout the year has been a breeze as well, their responses were always quick. They're professional and knew just what to do when it came to how to make our signature drinks (I only vaguely knew what I was doing), how and where the buffet should be, and setup/takedown was super fast. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Tessa,
    We appreciate your kind feedback more than you know! We are so happy to have made such a great impression on such an important day! Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you and your family again.
    - Act 3 Team
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 08/25/2019

Fantastic service

There service was fantastic and the food for the BBQ menue we picked had our guest wishing they had doggie bags for the food afterwards...the food was incredible the staff was amazing to work with so polite and sweet they went beyond and above to deliver the best prepping and display! Thank you all so much for making our guest Tommy's happy and our day magical!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Lacey,

Thank you so much for your kind words, we greatly appreciate it! We are so happy to have made such a great impression on such a special day!
    Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you all again :)

Agnes Tinae · Married on 08/16/2019

They are simply AMAZING

Act3 was truly amazing! No other way to explain their team! I would HIGHLY recommend them to ANYONE!

Sent on 08/26/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Agnes! It was such a pleasure working with you and Finae! We wish you all the best!

Deanna · Married on 08/16/2019

Delicious food with excellent service and attention to detail

Both Troy and I were highly impressed with Act 3 and here is why! They are thoughtful, when we came around the corner after our ceremony, there was a nicely dressed waiter with two waters waiting to congratulate us! They are prompt, Markelle is incredibly talented at what she does and the chef, wait staff and bar tender were top notch! We took advantage of their private tasting, where they served us our choices off their menu. It was so hard to choose everything was delicious. They truly made us feel special when the chef came out to personally talk about the food we had chosen. It was a really nice touch. We are so happy we chose them, they served our guest a delicious meal from tip to tail. They were attentive and professional from planning to service, we couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 09/02/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your thorough review, Deanna! It is our upmost priority to make sure you feel special on your wedding day and we're so happy we succeed! We wish you all the best!
  • Amanda

Amanda L. Brown · Married on 07/12/2019

Great food, value and service!

Act3 did an amazing job at our wedding and helped make everything simple. They took care of the food, linens, cake cutting and bar-tending. They were very attentive to us, ensuring we had drinks and what we needed and even sent us home with a nice care package to take back to the hotel with food, cake and wine. We were surprisingly hungry after! Everyone commented on how great the food was and they were also very helpful for our guests with dietary needs.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Andrea Fields · Married on 06/22/2019

Look no further this is your caterer

Wow, where do I begin..... From The Amazing food, to the first class setup, to the first-class top-notch servers and bartenders who were seamless, Pleasant, cheerful, attentive and quick. There is not enough adjectives to say how amazing this operation is. They were excellent and I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing food and best service!

We worked with Markelle setting up the menu, table, and drinks for our wedding. It was so easy to work with her and the Act 3 team. The lead that day, Victoria, was to say the least... amazing. She always kept track if we needed a drink or food, all the while doing the wedding thing. All the caterers and vendors did an amazing job and would 100% recommend them for your catering needs. The food was great and the desserts were a hit! We did a s'mores bar and it couldn't have been more perfect. THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/11/2019

ACT 3 Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Dominique and Conor! You both were such a pleasure to work with and we are so happy for you! We wish you all the best!

Bryanna · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing Catering

Act 3 provided superb quality, professionalism and value. Everyone at our wedding couldn’t stop saying how blown away they were at how great everything was. They delivered food directly to my new husband and I and made sure we had the most lovely time.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Hello Bryanna,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Taking care of our bride and groom is our top priority! We wish you all the best!

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious food and super helpful!

Everyone raves about the food and at the end of the night they packed up a meal for my husband and I! They also checked in on us as we were getting ready and offered us drinks.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 04/13/2019

Beyond Perfection

My interactions with Act 3 were nothing short of perfection. I worked with Emily to put together a menu, staffing, and other needs (water service, desserts plates). She was incredibly responsive and detailed oriented. She even helped me accommodate onion and gluten allergies. Emily often apologized for asking several questions, but it put me at ease knowing that I wasn’t the only one thinking of all these things (as I am a control freak). She was so thorough and helpful. I cannot say enough good things about working with her. On the day of, the staff showed up early/on time (unsure as I was off taking pictures) and immediately got to work. Then, as we were taking a brief break from pictures, Marla, the event manager found us and served us water. She did this half a dozen more times throughout the event- it was so amazing and helpful! That level of care was so unexpected, but incredibly appreciated. All staff members were incredibly attentive to us, making sure we always had a beverage if wanted.They offered to make our plates at the buffet, but we passed on that (as I was not sure of how much I could eat - nerves). They did carry our plates to our table, which was helpful for me in my gown. The buffet was beautifully decorated and all dishes were labeled, especially the ones that said “onion free.” My groom said that their champagne chicken was the best chicken he’s ever had. While I didn’t eat much at the actual ceremony, due to nerves and adrenaline, the food was DELICIOUS. I know this because Act 3 created a to go bag for me and my groom. Two entrees, salad, dressing, Parmesan, rolls (with butter), huge helping of cake, napkins, plates, and silverware. It was so generous and perfect for me as I was starving when I got back to the hotel at the end of the night. At the end of the wedding, Act 3 went above and beyond to help our other event staff tear down/clean up the room. I was surprised that they hung around to help with everything and not just their own tables. It was awesome. I cannot say enough good things about this company. Thank you, Act 3 for playing your part exquisitely in our big day.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Sarah Ballard · Married on 12/01/2018

Incredible service & Food

Our wedding this past weekend was catered by Act 3. I knew I wanted to serve a nice dinner but wasn’t expecting anything out of the normal for catered food. I’ve never been to a wedding where the food was something that left a lasting impression.
    Boy was I wrong. The food was one of the most talked about things of the night. The salmon and prime rib was to die for. As a bride, you’re told numerous times throughout the night to eat. I had NO problems finishing my plate and even sneaking in a few bites of seconds ☺️We were recommended Act 3 by our fabulous venue coordinator, Kellie. The staff took care of every detail. We had plenty enough food, and the service was remarkable. I will HIGHLY recommend Act 3 to anyone getting married or hosting a large event. It was so refreshing to have every detail on the catering side handled with outstanding service.
    The Ballard’s

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • User3652144 · Recently married

I was skeptical about going with buffet service since I have had bad experiences at other weddings with buffets, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious (all of guests commented how great the food was) and the service was great! They even made sure to incorporate our wedding colors into the decorations on the buffet table!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Sophie Xu · Married on 10/14/2018

Act 3 goes above and beyond

The food, the staff, the event coordinators go above and beyond to make your day so special. We have guests asking us all the time who catered as they want to use them for there wedding. We recommend them to everyone we know.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Act 3 Catering was phenomenal. I had my wedding on 6.2.18 and my husband and I were beyond happy that we chose them. They have a very extensive menu to choose from, but we went with the cheapest meal plan [because one: we had A LOT of guests. and two: the cheapest one was pasta and that was exactly what we wanted]. Before confirming with them, I was able to set up a tasting and bring up to 4 other guests with me. The tasting was not like most. You got to choose from so many selections and they give you a sit down meal with fresh food brought to you so you can know exactly what you're going to get. I seriously wanted EVERYTHING from the tasting to be on my menu because it was all so delicious!!
    Day of with Act 3 could not have been any better. Immediately after the ceremony they were waiting for the bride and groom with our drinks of choice in hand. They made sure we got our food first and made sure the bride didn't have to do any work. They went way beyond expectations and were so gracious in catering to the family. They were refilling drinks and making sure everyone was tended to so fast. I didn't have anything to worry about as a bride. I had 200 guests and they made sure all there glasses were charged for the toasts. There bartending service was on top of it. My husband and I were looking forward to leftovers after the wedding, but we didn't even get any because our guests ate everything going up for seconds and thirds. Act 3 was so kind, so on top of it, and suuuper tasty. They are hands down worth every penny and the only catering company I would ever consider.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Chelsea · Married on 11/25/2017

I LOVED Act 3! The catered or wedding for us and the guests were raving about the food . We had chicken marsala, flank steak with lime chimichuri, seasonal veggies, mashed potatoes and Caesar salad with rolls. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try the passed appetizers because we were taking pictures but the guests loved the stuffed mushrooms the best from what we heard. There was one gal who was in charge of helping me and my husband with anything we needed (drinks from the bar, more food, etc.) so we felt spoiled and it helped us focus on our night so it was awesome. We still crave the mashed potatoes!

Sent on 01/31/2018
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 10/27/2017

So many options and dietary alternatives

So we had a TACO Bar, people are still talking about how good our wedding food was over a year later! Not only is ACT 3 Catering amazing, fun, delicious, and top notch all the way around they are great at accommodating dietary restrictions. I for one, as the Bride with my restrictions of Dairy, Soy and Gluten but also providing Vegetarian and Vegan options for our guests! I can't tell you how many weddings I've been to and STARVED because there wasn't any food options I could eat. I wasn't going to do that to my guests. Scrape the fine china and glassware invest in the food. That is was people will remember!!! TRUST ME!

Sent on 03/23/2019
    ACT 3 Catering 11
    ACT 3 Catering 12

Mackenzie · Married on 08/12/2017

It was such a pleasure working with Act 3! There were plenty of opportunities to try the food, they were easy to work with, and we got compliments on the food all night! Thanks so much!

Sent on 08/16/2017

LJ and K · Married on 07/23/2017

We hired ACT 3 Catering this summer to cater our daughter's wedding and they totally exceeded our expectations! Their passion for excellence in food preparation and outstanding customer service was evident from the beginning. Markelle, our point of contact throughout the process, was professional, extremely responsive in returning many phone calls and emails, attentive to the many details, and very kind as she guided us through the many decisions of planning everything from decor to a delicious customized buffet – all while being very flexible and respectful of our budgetary concerns. The entire on-site staff on the day of the wedding was also very professional, friendly, and hard-working. They went out of their way to help us relax and be able to enjoy the celebration without having to worry about the details of the event. The buffet presented beautifully, the food was beyond delicious, and everything went according to our detailed planning. We got many complements from our guests and we would definitely go with ACT 3 again. The quality of food and service that ACT 3 Catering provides is worth every penny!

Sent on 08/10/2017
  • O

Olga · Married on 06/17/2017

I had no idea how important the catering and the catering team would be to a wedding. I mean I knew food is important and it's one of the things guests are all excited about and stuff, but I've been to many weddings and most of them had the same old menu and food is good, but not outstanding. Our menu with Act3 was fresh and different, and the food was actually outstanding. They have so many menu options, including options for various dietary restrictions.
    Additionally, the team was attentive and pleasant to work with and be served by. Particularly, on our day, Brittany was constantly making sure my husband and I were in want for nothing. She was so kind, and also very quick. My husband actually had a stomach bug on our big day so he didn't even get to enjoy the food, fresh as it was, but they boxed some up for him and even included a little get well note. :) So sweet!
    We are so happy with our decision to work with Act3!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Georgia · Married on 03/04/2017

Act 3 was FANTASTIC! Utmost professionalism, gave my husband and I extra special attention and service at our reception. In the planning phase Donna was wonderful. She responded to all of my questions quickly and gave great input. I would highly recommend Act 3. Their buffet displays cannot be beat!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Amelia · Married on 01/21/2017

Catering is the most expensive part of most weddings, but Act 3 really knocked it out of the park with ours! I was a little hesitant at first because I thought it was a little expensive (200 guest wedding with open bar serving alcohol we purchased separately, also included linens), but they really did a truly amazing job. The food display was beautiful and everyone raved about how delicious the food was afterwards! The BEST part was our the personal server the bridal party had (her name was Dana and she was an angel sent from heaven!) She got our whole party everything we needed throughout the whole evening and always made sure our drinks were full and snacks in our suites! She even packaged us up our own personal meals for after the wedding (which we definitely needed), it was perfect. I would highly recommend Act 3 to anyone in the Tacoma/Seattle area having a wedding (they also knew Historic 1625 perfectly so that helped a lot).

Sent on 02/05/2017

Kristin · Married on 12/10/2016

Act 3 is amazing! Especially Janice!! She worked closely with us to create the reception of our dreams at a very affordable price. She went out of her way to make sure we had a great experience with them. We can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 03/13/2017