Acquaviva Winery Reviews

52 | Maple Park, IL

52 Reviews for Acquaviva Winery

Samantha C. 路 Married on 06/12/2021

The best experience

My husband and I had our wedding here and had the BEST experience! Suzanne was very responsive and the day & evening was absolutely perfect 馃

Sent on 06/18/2021
  • Emily

Emily E. 路 Married on 05/22/2021

Truly outstanding!

Suzanne and her team (and the whole staff!!) made our day absolutely phenomenal. We had many questions as we planned and they were helpful, prompt, communicative, flexible, all the things you want in someone you鈥檙e working with on such an important day!! Our wedding day was everything we could have wanted it to be and we only have good things to say about the entire experience. Planning, visiting, tasting, execution-all of it was just so wonderful. We are so grateful and cannot recommend them enough! If we could do it again we wouldn鈥檛 change a thing.

Sent on 07/09/2021
  • Maria

Maria 路 Married on 09/05/2020

Best Day Ever!

Acquaviva is a dream come true. This venue has been extremely accommodating though out the entire wedding process. When we first visited the site back in 2019 Suzanne left an everlasting positive impression on us. The only reason we did not select the venue at that time was distance. We were looking for a venue closer to our guests so they would not have to travel far. After rescheduling our wedding several times due to Covid we decided to give Suzanne a call to see if we could be accommodated. Covid -19 became our events blessing in disguise as our wedding was more than we could have ever wish or imagined.

Suzanne helped us plan our entire wedding in just a couple of months. During the cocktail hour we were brought appetizers to the awesome bridal room, as we took photos and prepared to line up for announcements.

Every staff member bent over backwards for us with organized, professional and impeccable service.

Our guests, have been raving about the food and wine. This is not an exaggeration, no overstatements here. In our opinion, you have not lived until you try their food. Several of our family members told us they were purchasing the wine and coming back for dinner on their own.

It鈥檚 been several weeks and I am still thinking about the mouth watering dishes, and the savory nocchi that we are dying to have the vodka sauce recipe for. The pastries were so so so good. The late night brick oven pizza is the best pizza I have had by far.

Even a few of the guests that arrived late were provided top notch service . We absolutely felt like royalty. Aquaviva proved to be a benchmark for service on our wedding day.

Beautiful design and care has been placed into every detail of this business. Even the design of the entry door has so much detail and art to it. The grounds are breathtaking. The guest house looking over the winery that we spent the night at was immaculate and gorgeous.

The winery is flexible, clean and service oriented. You will not go wrong choosing this winery to host your special day. Our guests are as impressed and happy as we are. We cannot thank Acquaviva Winery enough for making our day so special and amazing, which we will remember and cherish forever.

Sent on 05/04/2021
  • Dave

Dave S. 路 Married on 08/12/2020

Unique Venue with Incredible Food and Service

Tracy and I had our wedding at Acquaviva Winery on Memorial Day weekend, 2021. The venue is perfect, the weather was amazing and the ceremony in the Vineyard is something truly unique. We also rented the guest house for out family to stay in before/after the event.

The reception hall is beautiful from the entryway, to the barrel room and it was all immaculately decorated. Suzanne Read and her crew did an incredible job of preparing and setting every table. Throughout the meal and the entire day, Suzanne was like a battlefield general making sure every last thing including special requests was handled flawlessly. As dinner was served she personally inspected every plate to ensure it was correct as her team was setting it out.

We received compliments all day long, all evening and for weeks afternoon Acquaviva Winery. If you want a beautiful venue to get married in, incredible food, amazing deserts, and of course spectacular wine, do not hesitate for a moment to check out Acquaviva. It is truly unique.

Sent on 06/25/2021

Robin 路 Married on 07/04/2020

I went to look at this vineyard and fell in love with it. Reminded me of being in Italy. The family is amazing and made us more than comfortable. It felt like home is how I can best describe it. Talking with Suzanne and Joe and the family was what made us decide to have our wedding there. It wasn鈥檛 a meeting it was like Sunday dinner. For those of you who are Italian you will know what I mean. They are so flexible and so easy to work with. I couldn鈥檛 be happier with our decision.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Dan 路 Married on 07/02/2020

Wedding reception

Amazing people and service!! Took care of every detail, even things we didn鈥檛 plan for previously! Food, atmosphere, and people are as good as it gets!

Sent on 07/08/2020

Traci S. 路 Married on 07/02/2020

Amazing experience!!

I could not imagine a better wedding!! Acquaviva helped everything go so smooth, from decorations and venue to the amazing food! I cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Tianna

Tianna R. 路 Married on 02/13/2020

Winery Wedding

The food, service, wine, and scenery is amazing. Suzanne and her team are wonderful to work with. I was the type of bride that had many questions and would email frequently. Suzanne always responded in a timely matter and was extremely organized. Suzanne and her team make sure the big day runs smoothly and help out any way they can. They offer everything you need for your big day. I highly recommend renting out the house on site for getting ready and staying over the night. Her preferred vendor list (just suggested not mandatory) was great, also. I have had so many complement on the food, service, and wine from my guest. My guests and I had a blast. I just received some of my photos, and my pictures look phenomenal because of the scenery (picture attached is from a guest鈥檚 cellphone). If your looking for a winery wedding this is the place!

Sent on 05/28/2021
  • Jamie

Jamie L. 路 Married on 10/08/2019

Amazing Wedding Ceremony & Reception

Our wedding ceremony and reception was held at Acquaviva Winery. The ceremony was held in the vineyard. The wedding went perfectly as planned. The weather was great! All our venders worked well together to create the best wedding day.

Working with Suzanne and Brianna was wonderful and easy. They did an amazing job at helping us plan the day and making sure it went smoothly.

We had rented out the guest house the night of the wedding. The groom, the grooms men and grooms family were able to hang out, have lunch and great ready there. The house worked great for them! The groom and his grooms men went down to the market to have wine, they had great service in the market from Julie!

The service during the reception was fantastic. I (the bride) did not realize on of our guest had a dietary restriction. The guest had mentioned to Brianna during dinner and Brianna came back with a different meal for our guest. Our guest was very happy with the service provided.

All of our guest raved about the service and the food!! They loved that during dinner the staff would bring more bottles of wine to the table when the bottle at their table was empty! The food was great! It is made to order and delicious.

Also, like any wedding, a lot of drinks were spilled on the dance floor. The staff was very attentive and within in seconds they were there to mop it up! This allowed our guest to continue dancing all night long.

We had left a lot of the stuff at the winery to pick up the next day. When we went in to grab it Vito was their to greet us. He helped us with gather all of our stuff. We could not thank him enough. He was the best bartender the night of the wedding!! He always provides the best service.

We had spent almost 2 years planning our wedding with Acquaviva. Suzanne, Brianna, Vito, Joe, Paul, Julie, and the rest of the Acquaviva staff have become like family! We love to go back for lunch or dinner. Plus we are wine club members so it gives us an excuse to go more often. =

Sent on 11/26/2019

Acquaviva Winery's reply:

Thank you so much Jamie, you and Mack are such a beautiful couple, inside and out! We were so thrilled to be part of your special day, it was gorgeous! We love your pictures! It's one of my favorite things in the off season, to look at all of the photos and remember all of the great people we got to work with, you will definitely be one of my social media darlings this year!!

Jessica 路 Married on 06/23/2019

Taste of Tuscany in the Midwest

My family and I used to go to Acquaviva for dinners, so when they started doing weddings several years ago, I knew this must be the venue once the time came! We toured other places but nothing came close. From when we first came to tour, to the day after our wedding- the service Acquaviva provides cannot be beat. Suzanne and her team are so incredibly responsive and talented. You truly cannot ask for a better group to help your wedding day run smoothly. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was, and how good the food was- and of course the wine! Thank you Acquaviva for making our day perfect!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Acquaviva Winery's reply:

Thank you Jessica! You and Brian were a pleasure to work with, it was such a beautiful June wedding! It's always so much fun getting to know the couples an their families. We hope to see you back soon for dinner or some of our amazing wine!!

Courtney 路 Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely perfect

Acquaviva Winery was an absolute dream! Everything for our wedding was perfect - the venue, the staff, the coordinators, the food - you name it. Multiple guests complimented that this was the best wedding food they have ever had. Suzanne was a pleasure to work with while coordinating our wedding and really went above and beyond. I wish we could go back there every year and do it all over again! Oh and their wine is FABULOUS. We absolutely love this place and highly recommend.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Acquaviva Winery's reply:

Thank you Courtney for the great review! You and Nick had such a special day, we were all so glad to be a part and help make it perfect for you! Those memories will last forever, I'm so glad you were so happy!
  • Andrea

Andrea 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Venue !!!

Suzanne & Brianna, Thank you so much!!!! for the AMAZING service that you both and the rest of the staff provided on our big day! .... Our guests were blown away by not only the beauty of the venue but by the service, quality of food and well planning of the timeline of events. We are definitely recommending this beautiful venue to our friends and family for any future events. During the whole process we loved that you were always available to answer all our questions and the attention you provided us the day of , we truly appreciate all you have done for us. Danny and I had a phenomenal time ! I cant believe how easy it was to enjoy our day and let go as we knew you all were handling everything. Thank you again for helping make our day extra special!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Acquaviva Winery's reply:

Thank you Andrea and Danny for such a nice review. Love the picture that you posted, that dress was AMAZING!! You were both so sweet to work with, thanks for the compliments.

Carolyn 路 Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding of my dreams!

My husband and I couldn't have picked a place more perfect than Acquaviva to have our reception! Often times I felt like I wasn't 'doing enough' to prepare but that's only because Suzanne was so helpful and made planning a breeze! Saying our guests loved the food is an understatement, and everything else was more perfect than we could've imagined. Our wedding was literally the best night of our lives and we're so glad we spent it here!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Laura 路 Married on 10/07/2018

Best venue ever!

Acquaviva was a dream come true for our October wedding! It was everything we could have hoped for and MORE! From the very beginning stages of planning until the wedding day, Suzanne was there every step of the way. During wedding planning, she is incredibly responsive to e-mails which calmed all of my bride stress. She communicated with all of our vendors so there was nothing to worry about on the wedding day. When our day finally came, Suzanne, Brianna, and the entire staff at Acquaviva went above and beyond to make our wedding day beyond perfection. Having our ceremony in the vineyard truly meant everything to us and although it was raining in the morning, Suzanne was very calming and made sure that it was still held outside. Our guests have not stopped talking about how much they enjoyed our wedding ceremony and reception; everything from the vineyard views to the delicious food and wine at the winery. We could not have picked a more beautiful, elegant, and accommodating venue for our wedding day. Thank you to the entire staff at Acquaviva for making our wedding day our BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Terri W. 路 Married on 10/05/2018

Great venue

Venue was excellent. Food was delicious and staff was very friendly and professional and made or day the best ever

Sent on 10/21/2018

Brandon 路 Married on 09/30/2018

Magical Vineyard

We were blown away by the ambiance and decor of the venue. Then we met with the wedding coordinator, Suzanne, and she blew us out of the water. She definitely has a close eye to detail and her assistant Brianna operated the same way. They made sure our day was perfect in every possible way!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Tara 路 Married on 09/22/2018

This was an incredible choice for my wedding. Service was impeccable, they were seamless. Everything went smooth with zero hitches. Suzanne is an amazing coordinator and I would work with her again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Acquaviva Winery's reply:

Thank you Tara for the great review! It means so much to us, you were the largest wedding we have ever had, over 250 people, wow, and it's wonderful to hear that we kept our high standards and service. Your family and friends we wonderful, such pure joy and so much fun!!
  • Veronica

Veronica P. 路 Married on 09/21/2018

Dream come true

We had our wedding here in September and it was beyond any dream come true! Suzanne, Brianna and Joe were amazing to work with. We fell in love with the place the first time we walked into the restaurant and never looked back to try to find something else to beat it as a venue. Suzanne did such an amazing work to make our vision come true, she was there since day one. They all worked great with the other vendors and made sure that everything was set to go for the big day. When our day finally came, it was beyond perfection. If there was a hiccup along the way, we didn't know about it, and in all honesty, we were too busy having fun and taking in the moment to even care about those hiccups! We had rented the pool house from 9am till the ceremony and it was such an amazing place to get ready in. We had also rented the guest house next to the restaurant for the night before and the night of the wedding and it was amazing as well! Our children and parents had plenty of room and it was such a cozy and comfortable place to be before and after the wedding.

The night of the wedding, we had asked the staff to save the flowers for us so we can take them to a nursing home in the early morning and they did. It was very sweet of them to do.

We always thrive on how businesses offer customer service and Acquaviva did amazing at setting that bar high. Joe, just topped it off with the icing and the cherry on top......you see my car (the bride) had been used by 2 of her daughters and none of them bothered to check the fuel gage. So when Joe told me to move the car to the lower level to get the flowers in my car, I told him that I was embarrassed but I needed the closest gas station, that my car was driving on fumes. He grabbed his phone, called one of his employees and had him bring the 5 gallon gas tank to fill up my car enough to make it to a gas station. That is not only having customer service skills but having a kind heart!

Overall, we can't say enough about this place and are in love with the staff, the restaurant and their wine. We look forward to becoming their wine members and are seeking another reason to hold a party here once again. Thank you again for such an amazing, beautiful, dream come true wedding!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Rachael 路 Married on 09/08/2018

Rachael married on 9/8/18

Acquaviva Winery was the one and only venue my (now) husband and I looked at. We knew from the moment we arrived that it was going to be the place we would be getting married at. Suzanne and her staff were incredible from start to finish. I cannot thank them enough for all of the support and help they provided through out the planning process. We got married in the vineyards and I TOTALLY recommend doing the same. Our pictures are breathtaking! The food was outstanding as well and so was the staff during our reception. We are so happy that we chose Acquaviva, we couldn't have found a more perfect venue for our special day.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Katrina 路 Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful scenery and amazing food

absolutely loved everything about Acquaviva! The second we arrived for our tour, we knew this was this venue for us. The restaurant itself has so much character and the vineyard is just beautiful. Suzanne was so helpful with every step along the way. Our outdoor ceremony in the vineyard was absolutely breathtaking, which subsequently led to amazing photos. Aside from the beautiful scenery, food was also very important to us and Acquaviva did not disappoint. We even has many guests tell us later how much they enjoyed their meals. I could not have asked for a better venue or coordinator. Acquaviva truly made all of our wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Connie 路 Married on 07/07/2018

You will never find a more awesome venue!!! The food, wine, bar, service, patio, vineyard, etc were all just stunning and amazing in every way!!!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Jess 路 Married on 07/07/2018

I originally went to Aquaviva one night for a dinner with my now Husband, and we absolutely loved the venue. We joked about getting married their "one day" and little did I know that I really would! This venue is not only unique but it is hand crafted, with gorgeous interiors, a breath taking vineyard and a friendly staff that is over the moon helpful and kind.

I first worked with Suzanne who helped us get the details arranged. Suzanne is one of the sweetest women I've ever worked with. She is kind and patient and has great attention to detail. She ensured me that everything was going to be perfect, and it was. It was better than perfect. Our guests raved about the food, the drinks the service, and how uniquely beautiful the venue was. The vineyard ceremony really just makes the whole day even more special.

The day of my wedding Kippy was our go to girl. She was so organized and patient, also super detailed and made me smile. The day was truly the best of my life, as it should be. And this venue has A LOT to do with how our wedding day went. If you are on the fence about making the trip out the Maple Park, it is so WORTH IT! Thank you to the entire Aquaviva family & staff <3

Sent on 07/19/2018

Jackie 路 Married on 06/01/2018

Acquaviva was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. Everything was absolutely beautiful and the staff was so professional and responsive to all of our needs. We had a lot of special needs including decorations, meal choices, liquor choices, timing, and more. Acquaviva worked with us to accomadate all of our needs respectively- without nickle and dimeing for everything we were looking for. Suzanne specifically worked closely with us throughout the entire process and helped facilitate a night that we won't ever forget. All of our family and friends have raved about the venue since. I cannot imagine a more perfect wedding venue with numerous beautiful locations for photos! Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Nancy 路 Married on 05/19/2018

From start to finish, this was the exact venue our daughter was looking for! It was beautiful, food was fabulous, and service was impeccable! Please ask for Suzanne R. when planning! She helped us from the first time we looked at the winery, until the evening of the wedding. It is truly a unique venue if you are looking for a classy place to hold your ceremony. They opted to have the ceremony indoors, under the gorgeous atrium, due to weather concerns. But, you may also choose the vineyards, or the patio for your ceremony. We had prime rib and chicken saltimboca for our guests, and it was delicious! We would recommend this in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 05/24/2018