31 Reviews for Accent on Events

Full Planning (1)
Guest List (1)
Cultural (1)
31 Accent on Events Reviews

Accent on Events has done an excellent job with our Gala Event . Very willing to spend extra time and go the extra mile to make the event a success for our organization.

Profile Picture Michele, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Laura is fantastic. She responds very quick and answered any and all questions. I couldn’t have done my wedding without her!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/21/17, 1 Review
4.3

Laura did a great job for my wedding; she planned out a great timeline & all went smoothly. The food was a little worrisome, but I didn’t have to worry or handle it as Laura took care of it. Recommend her to help with your special day 100%!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/30/17, 1 Review
4.7

Made my wedding an absolute dream! Laura and her assistant were so attentive and handled my every need (and worry)! I had a wonderful time and felt 100% taken care of! They handled everything and it all went very smoothly. Thank you!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura was amazing! From the beginning, communication was great. She responded almost immediately to every email and text message I sent her. She made sure all the vendors knew where and when to be, especially important since many of them were setting up in the same place my ceremony was held. She set up all my reception tables and decorations and took it all down so my family and I could enjoy the party instead of worrying about cleaning up. At the end of the night I turned around and nearly everything was done for me! She even fixed a slight wardrobe malfunction. I will definitely be recommending her to my friends and family. Best decision I made planning my wedding.

Profile Picture Tricia, 8/5/17, 1 Review
1.8

I would look for another planner or be very specific with this vendor. Make sure that you have every detail lined out in emails, every detail about decorations that you want specifically because if you don't it will not happen. Know exactly how many "helpers" you will have to set up your event. We were told there were to be 2 staff members available setting up the day. We did not have that. One of our guests ended up helping so much throughout the day that he missed the ceremony, and was so infuriated he did not come to the reception either. Rather than tell our guest that she had everything taken care of, she continued to use him including leaving him to finish decorations while she went to the reception hall. I did not feel that she helped us appropriately with marriage license in the county, she gave us a list of places to use but did nothing to help set up appointment times or confirm times with vendors as was outlined in the contract for services. I was told that the vendors would be contacting the wedding planner on the day of our ceremony rather than to bother the wedding party or the bride. The hair/makeup crew had to call and text us. The reverend needed our help printing off documents. She was no where to be found in making sure members of the wedding party were where they needed to be on time, nor did she even check in on us during the day, we saw her to pick up the decorations we put together, and saw or heard nothing else from her until we were lining up for the ceremony to start. For the one person who was supposed to make things go smoothly, she was the one vendor who made it the most stressful.

Profile Picture Naomi, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cultural, Timelines, Referrals

Laura and her team were invaluable in making our fairytale wedding come to life. Throughout the planning process she made us feel at ease with her suggestions and flexibility with multiple vendor meetings. Laura's attention to detail made every aspect of our wedding so beautiful and personal. Our entire family was able to relax and really enjoy the weekend knowing we could trust Laura to make our dream come true. Laura saved us and our loved ones so much work and stress and I can't even imagine our wedding without her. I would hire Accent on Events again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User5535610, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I simply don't know where to start with Laura (and her lovely assistant, Morgan) at Accent on Events. We were married on June 9th and they made it a complete dream. They are worth every penny (plus some!), and I wouldn't ever dream of doing a wedding without them. Laura picked up on my style perfectly--she brought a vision in my head to life, even when I really struggled to explain it. She had wonderful vendor recommendations. Plus, she organized all of the details amongst the vendors and the schedule with the vendors without me having to think about a thing. Although, there were many hands in the pot the weekend of our wedding, Laura knew when and where to speak up and direct the crowd so me and my family didn't have to think twice about those small details. She reminded me and warned me about things I would have never thought about (e.g. the slope of our venue land and how that would've affected the table layout, vow books, how to weigh things down should there be wind, etc). She always had a plan B in her mind, too--always. She was so easy to get a hold of at any time and she responded nearly instantaneously. I can not say enough good things about Accent on Events. After working with her the past few months, I feel we not only gained a wedding coordinator, but also a friend. I promise you, you will not be sorry by choosing to make her and her team part of your special day.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Could not have done it without Laura! Appreciate your professionalism and vision!

Profile Picture Katie, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

It was great handing over the wedding day to Laura. My family and friends got to be guests at our wedding and did not have to lift a finger. Thanks Laura!

Profile Picture User4801353, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines

As I started the wedding process of planning I was quickly overwhelmed with everything that had to be done, and didn't even know where to start. That is when I decided it was essential to have a wedding planner and I found Laura. I cannot even begin to explain the assertiveness, professionalism, and attention to detail that Laura exhibits. My wedding was everything that I could have ever imagined it to be, and then some. From the beginning of the process to the very end Laura was there every step of the way. I would highly recommend Laura to anyone if you can dream it, she can make it come true. Thank you again for everything I can't stop talking about the entire day!

Profile Picture Courtney, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Laura was amazing to work with. She made my wedding perfect and practically stress free! Being able to relax on my wedding day and just enjoy myself without worrying about the details was priceless! I would highly recommend her services to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 3/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The best decision we made about the wedding was to hire Laura as our wedding day of coordinator. We were able to relax and enjoy our day knowing she was there to take care of everything. We thought her price for day of coordinator was was very reasonable considering the amount of work she put into it. We would highly recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Alixandrea, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter is extremely organized and detail oriented, but soon learned that there are a billion things to think about when planning a wedding and reception. She hired Accents on Events and never regretted it for a moment. It's impossible for someone that has never planned an event like this to think of everything and that's what Laura did for us. Her help before, during, and after the wedding and reception was priceless. The icing on the cake was what a nice person she is and very easy to get along with. Accents on Events is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for any size event. One thing we learned - there's no such thing as a "simple" wedding.

Profile Picture Andee, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As mother of the bride, I could not have done it without her! I was able to enjoy the wedding without worry, since I knew Laura was there!! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture kay, 9/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We cannot describe how grateful we are that we used Laura as our wedding planner. She could not have been more professional, creative, courteous, and kind. She was able to turn our vision for our wedding into a reality all within our budget! She was able to give us great suggestions to make our wedding extra special. My husband and I are not originally from the Rockford area, so Laura was able to lead us to the best vendors in the area and knew many of them personally! Laura had answers for every question and concern! We would not have been able to enjoy our wedding the way we were able to if it were not for her. We did not have to do any set up or clean up for our wedding, and could enjoy every moment with our family and friends. I would recommend Laura to coordinate any wedding or event, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kelly , 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Accent on Events was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Laura was fabulous to work with! She was patient and prompt in answering all of my questions. She had great suggestions for how to make our day special and run smoothly, but we had 100% say in all of the decisions.

I was so relaxed and calm on the day of the wedding because I knew Laura would handle everything! She set everything up for our ceremony and reception and cleaned everything up to! It was so nice not to have to worry about any of that on our wedding day. It was the best day of my life and I have Laura to thank for helping put it all together!

Profile Picture User5354467, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Laura from Accent on Events for my daughter's August wedding. Initially, we did not plan on using a wedding planner, however, the number of details to coordinate became all-consuming, so we hired Laura for her "Day of" package, along with some additional ala carte services. We live out of town, and Laura was a great resource for the "go to" vendors in Rockford. Her knowledge saved us a great deal of time. She negotiated a better rate for hotel rooms than we were able to get, and we were thrilled to save our guests money that way. She came along on visits to the restaurant and florist and provided input when asked. My daughter had definite opinions, and Laura was flexible and did not try to sway her.

Laura was also a great resource for questions we had such as "How many weddings provide favors?" as well. When the hotel block sold out the day the invitations went in the mail. Laura was able to secure rooms as a nearby hotel quickly and without us having to make a trip out to Rockford. Laura was present at the rehearsal, but she began to save the day when my daughter received pictures of her bouquet and didn't love it. My daughter had to leave for her rehearsal dinner in five minutes, so she called Laura, who called the florist, and got it changed. On my daughter's wedding day, I was able to spend the entire morning with her, watching the girls get ready. Laura dropped off breakfast and went to set up the ceremony and reception sites. I did not have to do one thing except enjoy the day.

As always, there were a few glitches, but Laura handled them and consulted me when necessary. At the end of the reception, she packed everything up and loaded it into her car as we were saying goodbye to our guests. Laura and her husband met me the next morning to drop off the decorations and wedding gifts. Seeing my daughter so happy made her wedding the best day of my life, and if we hadn't hired Laura, I would have missed out on most of it.

Profile Picture User6119772, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

We went back and forth about whether we should hire a coordinator for our wedding... Hands down the best decision we ever made. Laura was amazing. She handled everything, and the day ran smoothly and I was stress free on my wedding day!
Laura was also available for anything leading up to our wedding day. We met up a few times, and spoke by email often. Laura was quick to answer my questions or help with whatever I asked.
Overall, we are so incredibly glad we hired Laura as our event coordinator. We couldn't have pulled off such a lovely night on our own!

Profile Picture User4156022, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Thank you Laura for all you did for us, you made my wedding day run smoothly. We could not have done it without you!

Profile Picture Christina, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura's assistance made my daughters wedding day so much more relaxed!! It was so nice to know all those details were well taken care of.

Profile Picture Sally, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura was wonderful to work with in planning our wedding! We had a tricky schedule to work around, as well as a fast approaching wedding date when we hired her, but Laura went above and beyond to be as flexible as possible to get everything done that we needed her to do! Having Laura with us the day of our wedding allowed us to focus on what was most important - enjoying each other and our guests! We will always be grateful for all that Laura did to make sure our wedding planning was as stress free as possible and that our wedding day was as wonderful as possible! Our only complaint is that we can't hire Laura on a daily basis to make our crazy busy schedules as stress free and smooth as our wedding was! :) If you are considering hiring a wedding planner for your wedding, look no further!!!! It was the best decision we made and she was worth every single penny!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Accent on events helped make our special day magical. Laura is an outstanding planner that I have had the opportunity to work alongside. I have learned so much about the wedding/event business and am grateful for her mentorship and friendship. When it was finally my turn I has no hesitation in turning to Accent on Events. I would whole-heartedly recommend her to any bride.

Profile Picture Cara, 7/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Laura did a wonderful job for us with our wedding. As the mother of the bride, I hired Laura knowing that I would not have the time the day of the wedding to get everything done (decorating, trouble shooting, etc.). I hired Laura's services for the day of the wedding, however she was a wonderful resource throughout the whole planning process. Whenever I had a question or needed advise on the choice of a vendor, she was always available. She did not "push" her choices on me, but gave me good options and I depended on the vendors that she had listed in her pamphlet. I was not disappointed! Whenever I had any issues with anyone, Laura was right there to step in and intervene to make sure that the problem was resolved. She worked wonders the day of the wedding getting all of our decorating done and overseeing the other vendors and the work that they were doing. Throughout the wedding ceremony and the reception, Laura was standing by to assist with any issue that needed to be addressed. No event goes without some "mishaps", but Laura was there to make sure that any glitches were taken care of and resolved. An example was when two unexpected guests showed up at the reception and Laura was there to get chairs, and was ready to give up her, and her assistance's meals to make sure the guests had a meal. As it turned out, 3 guests were not able to attend due to illness, so it all worked out fine.

I would highly recommend Laura to anyone who is looking for an event planner for any occasion. Our wedding was a wonderful success, with everyone complimenting us on the beautiful room and the lovely evening. I want to thank Laura for all that she did to help us achieve the wedding we were hoping for. My daughter and I are very grateful for Laura, and all that she did to help us create a unforgettable wedding!

Susan Zielinski

Profile Picture Susan, 12/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Laura was great and so helpful in making my Wedding go smoothly! Her and her assistants made sure my venue was set up and ready to go as well as contacting all vendors beforehand. I couldn't have done it without her!

Profile Picture User3528811, 2+ years ago, 1 Review