Above The Mist Wedding Services Reviews

41 | Gatlinburg, TN

41 Reviews for Above The Mist Wedding Services

41 Above The Mist Wedding Services Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 06/17/2017

Everything was perfect. Minister was amazing!!

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2017

I used this company last year when I got I married and I would recommend this to anyone looking. They made the wedding planning process a breeze. The only downfall I would mention was the proce the photographer charged that comes with the package.

• Mandy

Mandy · Married on 03/25/2017

We just got married on March 25th and our wedding was absolutely perfect. The mountain view was breathtaking. Our plans had changed as the wedding planning went on and the staff was more than willing to accommodate us when we decided to downsize our wedding. Planning a wedding from 500 miles away is never easy and the staff helped make that task much easier! Thank you to everyone at Above the Mist for making our special day perfect!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

The ladies at Above the Mist truly went above and beyond to make sure I was 100% happy with their services and got exactly what I wanted. They happily tailored a package with just what we wanted and no unnecessary services and stayed well in our budget. We decided to simply do a dinner after our ceremony and they were happy to suggest a place (Park Grill which was AMAZING). Rev. Ownby was very down to earth and super friendly. Although we had just met, he performed our service like he'd known us for years. Neither my husband or myself are particularly religious so we asked that our ceremony be a little light on that aspect and he did a wonerful job!

Vickie · Married on 09/24/2016

We used Above the Mist for my son's wedding on 9/24/2016. It was so beautiful that one of our guest said she almost cried just looking at the mountain site before the ceremony even began. They custom made a wedding package just for us. The flowers, cake, catering, photographs, music and much more were all designed with our family in mind. They were so prompt and responsive to our every need. They went far beyond our expectations to make this wedding a dream come true for my son and his new bride. I can't thank them enough.

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2016

My wedding was yesterday and I have to say everything was absolutely PERFECT! The girls with Above the Mist, especially Carly, were so helpful throughout the whole process. Communication was excellent. Also, the flowers were beautiful, the cake was delicious and the photographer was wonderful! My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything better. 100% satisfied!!! Thanks for making us feel so special on our big day! I would definitely recommend Above the Mist to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Michelle · Married on 07/30/2016

In the hustle and bustle of trying to plan a wedding out of state and make it perfect is beyond stressful. When my fiance and I started talking about this, immediately I began to look into it. Somehow I found Above the mist and it was sincerely the best decision I made. From the very first phone call to the wedding day all of the staff were always more than happy to help in any way they could, by carrying out my vision to making it all come together. I can't say enough about the staff and how kind and courteous they all are. If you have any reservations about trying to plan a wedding and being states away, don't! And the mountain site is picture perfect for a small intimate wedding!

• W

William · Married on 02/20/2016

Everything went perfect! Pastor Jeff was super nice and photographer Ashley was awesome!

Samantha · Married on 11/07/2015

I absolutely loved the service we got from Above the Mist. They were professional, timely, considerate, and very friendly. The pastor and photographer are phenomenal and are excellent at putting people at ease and making them feel special. The vendors they use to complete your ceremony can't be beat. Plus, their prices are the best in Gatlinburg for what you get. I can't say enough good things. They really went above and beyond to make our day perfect and I'll never forget it!

Cindy · Married on 07/03/2015

Absolutely perfect! We didn't have to do anything except show up! Answered all questions and gave suggestions that made things so easy! Definitely recommend!

Cami · Married on 06/20/2015

As a magazine editor in the wedding industry, I work with world-class wedding planners every day, but I wouldn't trade any of them for Megan at Above the Mist! For an overwhelmed bride, her help was invaluable. Not only does she have EVERY connection you can ever imagine, she was incredibly easy to work with and extra enthusiastic about every single detail. I was always impressed by how quickly she responded to any emails, calls or texts (I swear, the lady never sleeps), and her positive attitude kept any worries at bay. Her planning saved the day with a rehearsal dinner snafu and went above and beyond to make sure my mother- and father-in-law were completely satisfied — even all the way in Florida! Megan handled every situation with grace and a get-it-done attitude that I LOVED since I was worried about the logistics of my wedding day. I shouldn't have been anxious even a bit though, because Megan had it all under control from a stress-free rehearsal (and with my friends and family, this is really saying something) to coordinating with all of our vendors (saved me so much time). She made my day PERFECT without a single detail overlooked. Bonus: she even made sure my new hubby and I were well-fed by getting us plates from the buffet. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Brides, you will adore Megan; she is simply amazing and oh yeah, a whole lot of fun too!! Can't say enough about her! Thank you Megan for all your help!

Evelyn · Married on 06/06/2015

Above the Mist made my wedding day a breeze! Everything was taken care of, from the officiant, the bouquet and boutonnieres, the photographer, the venue, and all necessary permits. We opted for the riverside ceremony in the National Park outside of Gatlinburg and it was gorgeous. The photographer was very professional and we loved our pictures. The officiant was very friendly and put us at ease and delivered a beautiful ceremony. I have only wonderful memories of my wedding day thanks to Above the Mist and highly recommend their services to anyone.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Above the Mist! The quality you get for the price is unbelievable! Kimberly, Megan, Carrie, Joannie, all of the ladies at Above the Mist did a fantastic job helping me plan the wedding of my dreams on a MAJOR budget! I didn't have high expectations of the food, or anything, but it was the best wedding food I've ever had! We had guests comment about our "Prime Rib" which was really just roast beef! The preacher took time to get to know us, and did a phenomenal job making our day special and PERFECT. Throughout the planning process, the ladies catered to all of my "special requests" such as making the inside of my cake blue, or releasing balloons at the ceremony. The day of the ceremony, I was running late and turned into bridezilla (for just a minute) and Kimberly calmed me down instantly and made me feel so at ease! I showed up, and everything was so smooth and just absolutely perfect!

Leah · Married on 10/25/2014

The ladies at Above the Mist Weddings are wonderful! They are very knowledgable and made the planning easy and enjoyable. Our wedding day was spectacular...Kimberly made our day and our pictures fun, stress-free, and all run smooth! Our flowers were gorgeous, our cake was delicious and stunning, and the mountain site...breathtaking!!!

Pam · Married on 10/18/2014

We decided on a destination wedding... and Just buy searching online Above the mist seemed to have exactly what we wanted for a very reasonable Price... I stalked them all year online because I was worried things wouldn't be as offered thru their website... HOWEVER We were so relieved to see that everything was Beautiful! The cake which we thought was going to be small was HUGE!and they made it as quirky as I wanted with no problems! Flowers were Beautiful! For a full packaged Wedding I definatly reccomend this company as they have so many venues and exactly what you are looking for for a great Price!

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2014

These ladies are awesome. They went above and beyond for us!!!! Our day was amazing thanks to them. From venue to officiant, we could not have been any happier. I wish I could have met them all. They are a very special group of ladies and we just love them!!!!

The staff at Above the Mist is so wonderful to work with and I recommend them to EVERYONE!!! They are very prompt to respond to both phone calls and emails. To them, no question is a dumb question. I literally asked them anything and everything that came to mind and they answered everything and really set my mind at ease. I was a little hesitant in having a destination wedding because I thought something would be overlooked or forgotten, I was wrong - they took care of everything and left no stone unturned. They took care of the details and we just had to show up. I cannot express enough how great their services and staff are.

This company has provided everything they said they would. Very easy to work with, even called the day before to make sure we knew how to get to the site, had our marriage license, explained how the ceremony would go, etc. Based on the ceremony, the price, and the friendliness of the staff, I would definitely recommend above the mist.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Above The Mist Wedding Services's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. You should absolutely have received your preview right after the wedding. All previews are currently up to date. Please email the office to see if your preview gallery might have gone to your Spam folder. I want you to see your pictures as soon as possible. Thank you so much, Above The Mist Management.
  • Ginger

Ginger · Married on 06/22/2013

Amazing service! We had the perfect wedding. They were available for questions at all times. Very quick response each and every time. Super nice and professional. They made us feel comfortable and important. Everything was beautiful and I did not have to worry about anything. Highly recommend their office.

• MissB

Brandi · Married on 05/11/2013

This location was beyond beautiful. It was everything we dreamed of and more. The girls were amazing to work with. I would plan another event with them in a heartbeat!!!

Pastor Ownby and Nikki (wedding coordinator) did a wonderful job with our ceremony. I received several compliments regarding the Pastor from our wedding guests.
    The pianist also did a very good job. From start to finish with "Above the Mist Wedding Services" they were very helpful. They did everything I requested. I highly recommend them.

Cherie · Married on 08/25/2012

My husband and I got married here in August and our riversite ceremony was absolutley breathtaking and the cabins were great! I ended up adjusting the brides bliss package and renting a total of 4 cabins. They were so understanding when I had to break my party up into different cabins. And every cabin was great. Our experience from the first time I talk with Nikki in January to the last email I sent out when I came home was nothing short of professional and yet felt personal at the same time. I would like to give a special thanks to Nikki, Kimberly, Carrie, Megan and Reverend Jeff. All of you have made our day nothing shy of perfect and again thank you for a wonderful experience. I could never have dreamed for such a perfect day. And thank you for my family who all drove from Michigan and flew from Arizona to spend this special day with us. Thanks again from the Mr. and Mrs. Tibbe

Jenelle · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding was Sat Aug 4 at 4pm. My husband and I were so very pleased with everything from the cooridnators, the preacher, the photographer as well as the chapel and cabin. We stayed at the amazing love cabin and it was so beautiful everything in the cabin was new and well cleaned. On our wedding day it started to pour down raining right before 4pm. When I arrived at the cabin the coordinator and the photographer came to the car with huge umbrellas and walked me in, they even helped my mother in as well. The ceremony was nice the minister spoke well and it was very personal. Afterwards it had stopped raining so we were able to get some great pictures outside. The photographer really knew what she was doing and she was very nice. I cant say enough about above the mist wedding services, I really apperciate everything you all did for my husband and I as well as our guests. If anyone is wondering to choose this service please do you will not be dissapointed! Thanks again we are looking forward to coming back on our one year anniversary and staying in the cabin again if its available!

Mr and Mrs. Nathaniel and Jenelle Porter

Amy · Married on 03/15/2012

My husband and I renewed our wedding vowels this spring. Above the Mist was awesome.... from the first email to the last word spoken by the minister.... it was beautiful, perfect!! Everyone at Above the Mist was professional, prompt and friendly. Definitely recommend their services!!

Crystal · Married on 09/17/2011

I had my wedding here this year. They were great : )