Above & Beyond Catering (Kosher) Reviews

Above & Beyond Catering (Kosher)

Above & Beyond Catering (Kosher)

Dumont, NJ
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 25 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Esther L. Married on 03/27/2022

Above and Beyond was amazing!!

First of all, if I could give the review 10 stars I would! Jill catered my daughter's wedding last Sunday. All I can say is that it was perfect. Everyone said the food was incredible, delicious and presented beautifully. Her staff was awesome. From the first day I reached out to Jill, she has been a pleasure to work with. Her professionalism, her quick response to phone calls, emails, texts, her amazing suggestions and her problem solving all helped make planning for the day a breeze. She treated me like I was family and made sure everything, not just the food, was perfect, and I will always be grateful for that. I can't recommend her enough and I look forward to using her again. Everything was truly "Above and Beyond".
    Allyza L. Married on 10/17/2021

Delicious, professional, amazing

Above and Beyond was absolutely fabulous on our wedding day. Guests are still talking about how wonderful the food was - the shmorg, dinner and dessert were amazing!! Jill also acted as a day-of coordinator and everything was seamless. She worked calmly and professionally behind the scenes with all vendors to keep the day flowing. I didn’t worry about anything that day and it all worked out perfectly.

We had a lounge-like vision for the party: no assigned seats, a mix of table sizes, and a buffet of tapas style plates that would get people moving around the space. Jill made this happen and it felt seamless - she was endlessly positive and full of ideas and solutions to make the event feel festive, COVID-safe, and flowing. No one ever had to wait in line for drinks - bars were plentiful and well run. My husband and I sat at a small table together which she thoughtfully prepared ahead of time with a full array of food so we actually got to eat a little that evening!

I HIGHLY recommend Jill and her team and hope to attend more of her events in the future!
    Erica R. Married on 10/10/2021

Best decision ever

True to their name, Jill and her team went Above and Beyond. Planning a wedding during a global pandemic where comfort levels vary dramatically was certainly challenging. Jill was incredibly flexible and made sure our vision came true while also making sure everyone was comfortable. She was easy and wonderful to work with.

My husband and I chose a venue that was less familiar with the beats of a Jewish wedding but Jill made sure everything ran smoothly. Of course — these were all cherries on top and the FOOD was the main event. We’re still fielding compliments about the shmorg and dinner and only wish we got to enjoy more during our special day! Everything was beautifully presented, delicious, and so creative! Jill also went off menu to create my husband’s favorite dish as an entree. We were all thrilled and cannot recommend Above & Beyond highly enough!!
  • Lisa
    Lisa G. Married on 10/03/2021

Incredible!

Jill and her team are incredible. As many brides are, I was stressed but Jill's professionalism helped put me at ease. She was easy to work with, flexible, and clearly a pro with years of experience. She made excellent recommendations and did so much more than she had to for us. Her efforts did not go unnoticed. We are very impressed with Above & Beyond. The menu selections were creative and unique. The appetizers and entrees were plated beautifully and the food was incredible! Our guests were raving about the food. We opted for the passed desserts. They were wonderful and so cute! The service and staff were also a pleasure! I have only great things to say about A+B. We anticipate more events in our future where we will have them cater again. Thank you again, Jill!
    Anonymous Married on 10/25/2020

Incredible

We used above and beyond for our wedding and it was so clear why their company is called above and beyond! Not only was the food incredible but Jill and her team were able to assist with everything else. Everyone was raving about how on top of everything they were and how helpful the team was in all aspects of the wedding day.
    We are so thankful for all their efforts and look forward to working together in the future.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca S. Married on 10/18/2020

Happiest that we chose Jill as our caterer!

Our wedding was at our home and July snd her team were able to cook the most amazing pescatarian menu out of our garage as their kitchen station. Every guest has called to tell me that the food was the best wedding food they ever had. I cannot recommend Jill and her team more
  • Y
    Yarden E. Married on 11/18/2018

Best caterer ever

This is my first time writing a review but I couldn't resist because Above and Beyond was simply THE BEST caterer for our wedding a couple of weeks ago. We're praying we get invited to another event that has Above and Beyond as the caterer!

Jill is amazing with communication (answers emails at all times of day, easy to reach on the phone) and puts her all into everything she does to make your event special and one of a kind - she really goes above and beyond.

The food: People won't stop talking about how amazing the food was, and we were so happy when we got to take home leftovers. The food and presentation were gorgeous too - more so than I had seen at a wedding before. People were sad to hear that they missed out on certain dishes because of how delicious every item was. Jill even went out of her way to make things we requested, even though she and her team had never made them before, and the wedding cake was not only stunning, but tasted amazing (something you rarely see!).

The event itself ran smoothly, and Jill even provided menus with our wedding logo on them, which was a beautiful and personal touch and very much appreciated.

Every detail we asked for, could have asked for, and needed was executed perfectly, and we couldn't be happier with choosing Above and Beyond to cater our special day!
    Avraham Married on 08/12/2018
    Jill and her team were amazing. From start to finish they wanted to get us what we wanted and they did the opposite of nickel and time. So professional, so kind, so normal. Recommend without hesitation.
    Bat S. Married on 08/05/2018
    never write reviews. But I am going to write one now because I have never had a better experience with a caterer and I am never going to use anyone else ever again. We hired Jill for an weekend event with about 100 guests. There was something about Jill that let me know every last detail would be handled without my having to worry about it. (Maybe it was the fact that she returned my first two phone calls within 10 minutes.)
    The food was amazing. Some of my relatives are the pickiest eaters I know. They were raving. And everything, I mean everything, was beautiful. The candle arrangement was lovely, the table cloth and flower arrangements were perfect, the seating cards matched the decor. I mean... really... I couldn't have asked for more.
    And finally, she and her staff were the loveliest, most helpful, and responsive team I have ever seen. They couldn't have been more proactive and supportive.
    So, in case it's not clear yet, if you care about ambiance, excellent food and knowing that you don't have to worry about details, hire this caterer!
    Marion Married on 11/11/2017
    Jill and her team catered a Shabbat dinner for 100 people in a difficult venue in New York City with style and with class. Our guests raved about both the food and the service. Jill was always available to us, could not have made the planning easier, coordinated with the venue without needing to involve us and could not have pleased us more. Her prices were considerably lower than those of the main NYC kosher competitor and the quality of the food much better. We recommend her and her company highly.
    Babette Married on 06/11/2017
    Fabulous caterer. Jill and Kirsten are a pleasure to work with. Incredibly organized and experienced. Their menu is extensive from beginning to end. They easily tweaked things for us and helped us stay within budget. We wanted a rustic feeling and they had all the plates , serving pieces and platters to fulfill our wishes. On the day of the wedding, Kirsten, Jills assistant was right by our side EVERY step of the way. Bringing us the cocktail hour food while we were getting ready in the bridal suite, even making sure the groom got a plate of everything he liked during the cocktail hour. Can't say enough good things about Kirsten on that day. The caterer created and coordinated a time table for the whole event with the Hotel venue (The Clinton Inn) the DJ and all other vendors. Last but not least, the food was delicious, beautifully presented including a scrumptious parve wedding cake. Highly recommend Above and Beyond Caterer. You cannot go wrong with them !
    Jenna Married on 10/30/2016
    Jill and her team are the absolute best. From my first conversation with her I knew that I was in completely capable and incredible hands. She truly went above and beyond to please satisfy not only myself and immediate family but everyone who attended our wedding. She was overly accommodating with all of our small and large requests and event adjusted some of her recipes to satisfy my very detailed food sensitivities. I would recommend her to everyone who is looking to cater an event, large or small. Thank you so so much for everything!
    Raquel Married on 09/05/2016
    If you care about the food at your wedding, we really recommend Above and Beyond! Fresh, abundant, unique kosher food! Every guest (from young to old) couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food was. No joke, not just a passing comment, but they would want to discuss every station, every passed item, and every main dish. And Jill and the team are delightful, professional, and organized and incredibly receptive to our ideas. Would definitely recommend!
    Allison Married on 07/17/2016
    Above and Beyond catered my wedding in July. People are still raving about the cocktail hour, reception food and dessert options. They were beautifully presented, healthy, delicious and kosher! I don't eat sweets and requested a special wedding cake made out of fresh fruit, they had never made one before, but aced it!!!!!
    Michael Married on 07/17/2016
    We hired Above and Beyond Catering for our wedding and they were great.

We heard across the board raves about the food; at least two friends said it was the best wedding cake they've ever had, and at least one who said, "I can't stop talking about the food. Hands down best food I've had at an affair." One of our friends liked them so much they might use Above and Beyond for their own wedding.

Throughout this process, everyone told us that we wouldn't have time to eat at our own wedding, but we made a special effort, and succeeded, and it was so worth it.

Just a note: if you're bringing your own alcohol, make sure it's OU hechshered.
    Samantha Married on 01/17/2016
    There are simply not enough words to describe the incredible team at Above & Beyond. Jill is fantastic. She is a talented, creative caterer with the mind of an event planner. She even matched the colors at the food tasting to our wedding colors! Each detail was planned meticulously. She worked closely with our venue to ensure that each detail was carefully addressed. The food was incredible. When I asked some friends about their favorite bite, each had a different answer, highlighting the range of flavors Jill could capture throughout one event (my personal favorite was the tuna tartare cone). Jill has become family. Also--I have no idea how she gets pareve desserts to taste so good!!!

I strongly recommend her without a single hesitation.
    Paula Event on: 01/16/2016
    THANK YOU!!!! For an easy and delightful planning process, for the amazing food, for a terrific crew (everyone was so professional and genuinely nice), and for Jessica, who oversaw the catering piece with such grace and effortless style, and worked so well with others involved in the event. All we ever wanted was a celebration of love, family and friendship for our son, and we got so much more. The delicious and beautiful food contributed to that celebration in a significant way. Our guests could not stop raving about the quality, quantity and beauty of the food being served, and some just couldn't believe it was kosher. Can't wait to find an excuse to use you again, and several future bar/bat mitzvah families in the room that night will be giving you a call!
    Lisa Event on: 12/05/2015
    "The best cocktail hour, ever!" is what I heard time and again from my guests. They were pleasantly surprised when I explained it was even kosher. The food was delicious and plenty of it! We've all seen sushi bars, but nothing like this - I wish I had taken pictures of the rolls as they were works of art. The presentation of all the food was special and fun. The desserts were amazing - the best chocolate truffles! And, the best part was working with Jill. She helped keep me calm and made sure every detail was perfect. I can't say enough good things about the entire experience!
    Ruthe Married on 06/14/2015

For delicious, creative, exciting GLATT KOSHER cuisine presented and served with elegant style and sophistication, we chose Above and Beyond Catering for our daughter's wedding. Jill Lamstein and her staff are amazing, warm, enthusiastic and very helpful throughout the the entire planning process and our very special day.
    When we planned our daughter's wedding at the Lighthouse, we were told, "Go to Jill. She's amazing!" Jill and her staff are amazing not only for the wonderful food and service but also for their warmth, enthusiasm and guidance ghroughtout the entire planning process. Above and Beyond Catering added a very special touch to our very special day.
    Ruthe and Ronald Golden Great Neck, New York
    Roselyn Married on 09/01/2013
    Hosting an off-site wedding poses many issues that hosting a wedding at a "venue" does not. However, Above and Beyond Caterers created and designed an elegant presentation of food at both the cocktail hour and the reception at our daughter's wedding. The quality of the food, the professionalism of the staff, the attention to detail, the style in which everything was done exceeded all of our expectations. The food was served hot and prepared to excellence - a very difficult task under ideal conditions. To accomplish this offsite is even more amazing. People are still raving about the food, the staff and how magical an evening it was. Jill's attention to every detail, her ability to listen to our requests and then execute them, as well as her wonderful, positive attitude made this entire experience a most pleasant and enjoyable one. Her ability to coordinate with the other vendors was spectacular and each vendor (tent, flowers, music and photography) had wonderful things to say and hoped to work with her again in the near future. Jill was always accessible by telephone and/or e-mail and ready and willing to discuss any item of concern. Above and Beyond made this a night which will be remembered by everyone for its amazing food and excellent service.
  • User1324719 2+ years ago
    Jill and her team are a dream come true! They can deal with any complicated setup, far-flung location, inclement weather situations (like a rainy, muddy outdoor wedding!), dietary restrictions, etc.
    For example - before the event, many of our guests were grumbling about the absence of meat at our vegan wedding. Afterward, they had no choice but to concede that their anxieties were unwarranted. Let's just say, no one went home hungry. A month and a half later, our friends and family are still raving about the delicious food, its creative presentation, and the attentive and polite staff. They even enlisted me to procure recipes from the caterer post-wedding (which Jill happily provided).

Jill and her team were just a pleasure to work with. They had solutions for any complications that arose, were always responsive and on time to meetings, and had an enthusiastic attitude and calming presence.

Like another reviewer said - my only regret is not having the time to try everything on the menu. At the moment, I'm still thinking about those heavenly looking dessert truffles while trying to concoct an event for Above & Beyond to cater again soon!
  • User1284220 2+ years ago
    Jill and her team at Above & Beyond truly made our wedding dreams come true. My now-husband is a chef, and the food was extremely important to him. Jill offered a full tasting for us, including several passed appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. It really gave us the opportunity to make an informed decision, and it was definitely the right one! Literally EVERY SINGLE guest commented on the food and went out of their way to mention how delicious everything was. For weeks after the wedding I was hearing from our friends and family about how amazing the food was. What was also noted by all of our guests was the attention to detail -- the way the food was presented (absolutely stunning!), how many options there were at every turn, and how polite and friendly the service team was.

I have to say, Jill herself was an extremely calming influence on me, my husband and my mother! She was always cheerful and completely in control, and responded to emails quickly and professionally. She never disappeared or was hard to track down, and she was patient and responsive throughout the entire process. The food was the one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about. My only regret is that I was too busy enjoying my wedding to stuff myself properly. I still daydream about the short ribs. If I could, I would have Above & Beyond cater every event for the rest of my life, including dinner 7 nights a week.
    Rachelle Married on 06/20/2010
    Above and Beyond catered our wedding two years ago at the Picnic House in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Jill was incredible in listening and executing our desires for the food and vibe that we were seeking for our wedding. She went above and beyond our expectations and I would highly recommend her for any event.
    Lisa G. Married on 06/20/2021

Amazing vegan wedding!!

Jill and her team were amazing to work with! She made everything so easy throughout the planning process. People were nervous when we told them we were having a vegan wedding, but afterward everyone said that they were blown away by the food. I’m so glad we chose to go with Jill for our special day!!!
  • Molly
    Molly Married on 03/25/2017

A modern take on kosher catering - tasted amazing!

Above & Beyond's kosher catering tasted amazing. We found out about them at another venue we looked at actually and are so glad we did! They were described as kosher catering service that had a more modern approach, which is exactly what we wanted. We hired them for our wedding and all of our guests could NOT STOP raving about our food. We had several cocktail stations, hors d'oeuvres, sit-down courses and passed desserts ranging in many food styles and the owner Jill and her team were able to execute flawlessly. Jill was very responsive/prompt during the wedding planning process and was accommodating to all of our needs (including many things to avoid due to allergies). She gave us a list of choices for cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres but was happy to experiment with choices outside the list or combine elements from multiple stations. We did our tasting with her a couple months before the wedding, which was really fun. She had print outs of example menus and photos to share about what food items looked like. They also offered to print/design signage for our signature drinks. The presentation of everything at the tasting was great and she even had her chef prepare us a few extra desserts on the fly. We also appreciated that she had thought about a timeline and was committed to making sure the day ran smoothly. She also made our cake exactly how we wanted it – it looked so pretty and tasted great. Our only grievance was we didn’t get as many leftovers packed up as we’d like. We had a lot of people drop out last minute due to COVID and hoped to bring home the extra food we paid for. OTHERWISE, like I said, the food was truly knock out and Jill and her team were lovely to work with.