16 Reviews for Above & Beyond Catering (Kosher)

Cake (5)
Open Bar (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)

Jill and her team were amazing. From start to finish they wanted to get us what we wanted and they did the opposite of nickel and time. So professional, so kind, so normal. Recommend without hesitation.

Profile Picture Avraham, 8/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

never write reviews. But I am going to write one now because I have never had a better experience with a caterer and I am never going to use anyone else ever again. We hired Jill for an weekend event with about 100 guests. There was something about Jill that let me know every last detail would be handled without my having to worry about it. (Maybe it was the fact that she returned my first two phone calls within 10 minutes.)
The food was amazing. Some of my relatives are the pickiest eaters I know. They were raving. And everything, I mean everything, was beautiful. The candle arrangement was lovely, the table cloth and flower arrangements were perfect, the seating cards matched the decor. I mean... really... I couldn't have asked for more.
And finally, she and her staff were the loveliest, most helpful, and responsive team I have ever seen. They couldn't have been more proactive and supportive.
So, in case it's not clear yet, if you care about ambiance, excellent food and knowing that you don't have to worry about details, hire this caterer!

Profile Picture BAT SHEVA, 8/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jill and her team catered a Shabbat dinner for 100 people in a difficult venue in New York City with style and with class. Our guests raved about both the food and the service. Jill was always available to us, could not have made the planning easier, coordinated with the venue without needing to involve us and could not have pleased us more. Her prices were considerably lower than those of the main NYC kosher competitor and the quality of the food much better. We recommend her and her company highly.

Profile Picture Marion, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fabulous caterer. Jill and Kirsten are a pleasure to work with. Incredibly organized and experienced. Their menu is extensive from beginning to end. They easily tweaked things for us and helped us stay within budget. We wanted a rustic feeling and they had all the plates , serving pieces and platters to fulfill our wishes. On the day of the wedding, Kirsten, Jills assistant was right by our side EVERY step of the way. Bringing us the cocktail hour food while we were getting ready in the bridal suite, even making sure the groom got a plate of everything he liked during the cocktail hour. Can't say enough good things about Kirsten on that day. The caterer created and coordinated a time table for the whole event with the Hotel venue (The Clinton Inn) the DJ and all other vendors. Last but not least, the food was delicious, beautifully presented including a scrumptious parve wedding cake. Highly recommend Above and Beyond Caterer. You cannot go wrong with them !

Profile Picture Babette, 6/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, American, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Kosher, Vegetarian

Jill and her team are the absolute best. From my first conversation with her I knew that I was in completely capable and incredible hands. She truly went above and beyond to please satisfy not only myself and immediate family but everyone who attended our wedding. She was overly accommodating with all of our small and large requests and event adjusted some of her recipes to satisfy my very detailed food sensitivities. I would recommend her to everyone who is looking to cater an event, large or small. Thank you so so much for everything!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, American, Asian, Japanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern

If you care about the food at your wedding, we really recommend Above and Beyond! Fresh, abundant, unique kosher food! Every guest (from young to old) couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food was. No joke, not just a passing comment, but they would want to discuss every station, every passed item, and every main dish. And Jill and the team are delightful, professional, and organized and incredibly receptive to our ideas. Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture raquel, 9/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, French, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Thai, Kosher, Vegan, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

We hired Above and Beyond Catering for our wedding and they were great.

We heard across the board raves about the food; at least two friends said it was the best wedding cake they've ever had, and at least one who said, "I can't stop talking about the food. Hands down best food I've had at an affair." One of our friends liked them so much they might use Above and Beyond for their own wedding.

Throughout this process, everyone told us that we wouldn't have time to eat at our own wedding, but we made a special effort, and succeeded, and it was so worth it.

Just a note: if you're bringing your own alcohol, make sure it's OU hechshered.

Profile Picture Michael, 7/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Above and Beyond catered my wedding in July. People are still raving about the cocktail hour, reception food and dessert options. They were beautifully presented, healthy, delicious and kosher! I don't eat sweets and requested a special wedding cake made out of fresh fruit, they had never made one before, but aced it!!!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Kosher, No Pork, Vegetarian

There are simply not enough words to describe the incredible team at Above & Beyond. Jill is fantastic. She is a talented, creative caterer with the mind of an event planner. She even matched the colors at the food tasting to our wedding colors! Each detail was planned meticulously. She worked closely with our venue to ensure that each detail was carefully addressed. The food was incredible. When I asked some friends about their favorite bite, each had a different answer, highlighting the range of flavors Jill could capture throughout one event (my personal favorite was the tuna tartare cone). Jill has become family. Also--I have no idea how she gets pareve desserts to taste so good!!!

I strongly recommend her without a single hesitation.

Profile Picture Samantha, 1/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Kosher, Vegan, Vegetarian

For delicious, creative, exciting GLATT KOSHER cuisine presented and served with elegant style and sophistication, we chose Above and Beyond Catering for our daughter's wedding. Jill Lamstein and her staff are amazing, warm, enthusiastic and very helpful throughout the the entire planning process and our very special day.
When we planned our daughter's wedding at the Lighthouse, we were told, "Go to Jill. She's amazing!" Jill and her staff are amazing not only for the wonderful food and service but also for their warmth, enthusiasm and guidance ghroughtout the entire planning process. Above and Beyond Catering added a very special touch to our very special day.
Ruthe and Ronald Golden Great Neck, New York

Profile Picture RUTHE, 6/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hosting an off-site wedding poses many issues that hosting a wedding at a "venue" does not. However, Above and Beyond Caterers created and designed an elegant presentation of food at both the cocktail hour and the reception at our daughter's wedding. The quality of the food, the professionalism of the staff, the attention to detail, the style in which everything was done exceeded all of our expectations. The food was served hot and prepared to excellence - a very difficult task under ideal conditions. To accomplish this offsite is even more amazing. People are still raving about the food, the staff and how magical an evening it was. Jill's attention to every detail, her ability to listen to our requests and then execute them, as well as her wonderful, positive attitude made this entire experience a most pleasant and enjoyable one. Her ability to coordinate with the other vendors was spectacular and each vendor (tent, flowers, music and photography) had wonderful things to say and hoped to work with her again in the near future. Jill was always accessible by telephone and/or e-mail and ready and willing to discuss any item of concern. Above and Beyond made this a night which will be remembered by everyone for its amazing food and excellent service.

Profile Picture Roselyn, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jill and her team are a dream come true! They can deal with any complicated setup, far-flung location, inclement weather situations (like a rainy, muddy outdoor wedding!), dietary restrictions, etc.
For example - before the event, many of our guests were grumbling about the absence of meat at our vegan wedding. Afterward, they had no choice but to concede that their anxieties were unwarranted. Let's just say, no one went home hungry. A month and a half later, our friends and family are still raving about the delicious food, its creative presentation, and the attentive and polite staff. They even enlisted me to procure recipes from the caterer post-wedding (which Jill happily provided).

Jill and her team were just a pleasure to work with. They had solutions for any complications that arose, were always responsive and on time to meetings, and had an enthusiastic attitude and calming presence.

Like another reviewer said - my only regret is not having the time to try everything on the menu. At the moment, I'm still thinking about those heavenly looking dessert truffles while trying to concoct an event for Above & Beyond to cater again soon!

Profile Picture User3527589, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Jill and her team at Above & Beyond truly made our wedding dreams come true. My now-husband is a chef, and the food was extremely important to him. Jill offered a full tasting for us, including several passed appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. It really gave us the opportunity to make an informed decision, and it was definitely the right one! Literally EVERY SINGLE guest commented on the food and went out of their way to mention how delicious everything was. For weeks after the wedding I was hearing from our friends and family about how amazing the food was. What was also noted by all of our guests was the attention to detail -- the way the food was presented (absolutely stunning!), how many options there were at every turn, and how polite and friendly the service team was.

I have to say, Jill herself was an extremely calming influence on me, my husband and my mother! She was always cheerful and completely in control, and responded to emails quickly and professionally. She never disappeared or was hard to track down, and she was patient and responsive throughout the entire process. The food was the one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about. My only regret is that I was too busy enjoying my wedding to stuff myself properly. I still daydream about the short ribs. If I could, I would have Above & Beyond cater every event for the rest of my life, including dinner 7 nights a week.

Profile Picture Liz, 8/26/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Above and Beyond catered our wedding two years ago at the Picnic House in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Jill was incredible in listening and executing our desires for the food and vibe that we were seeking for our wedding. She went above and beyond our expectations and I would highly recommend her for any event.

Profile Picture rachelle, 6/20/10, 1 Review