AB Occasion Design Reviews

32 | Pittsburgh, PA

32 Reviews for AB Occasion Design

Natalie S. Tyler · Married on 05/18/2019

Graduation Dinner Party Review

I contacted Encore Event Design to help with my design and decor needs for a graduation dinner party I hosted for my husband. I specifically worked with Ashley from Encore. We started with an initial consultation where I was able to provide her with my vision and theme. Ashley was very professional, kind, and took my vision and made it a reality. Encore provided my party with linens, plate chargers, custom made centerpieces, fireplace candles, balloons, custom made signage, plus other miscellaneous items. The party decor came out absolutely beautiful!! My guests complimented the party for days after. I was 100% happy with the work of Encore and could not have had a successful event without Ashley. I would utilize their services for future events without hesitation. Thank you Ashley for helping to make such an important day turn out so beautiful and run completely smooth!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Chloe · Married on 10/27/2018

Out of Town Bride - Wonderful planner!

Ashley went above and beyond what I expected out of a wedding planner. I was living in a different state while planning my Pittsburgh wedding and Ashley made the planning process easy and fun! She was great at communicating with both of us, and was so flexible when it came to meeting while we were in town. On wedding day Ashley knew exactly what I needed before I even did! I have only good things to say about my experience with Ashley. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day knowing she was there!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Mary

Mary Carroll · Married on 10/20/2018

Best money I spent on the wedding!

Ashley & her team did a great job putting our vision of our wedding reception together and taking care of any little details we might have forgotten. They were super professional and easy to work with. We did a lot of planning ourselves, but they made it magical the day of the event & we didn't have to worry about family being stressed by doing too much. Even if you're a crafty person and love DIY or you're on a tight budget, plan on hiring Ashley and her crew!

Sent on 11/05/2018

diane · Married on 08/11/2018

We had an unconventional outdoor wedding with three musical guests a professional hula hooper and china and linen dinner service at a fabulous location requiring everything from dumpsters to bus service. All of this was done at an individuals home! Ashley was incredible and worth double her fee. When I hired her to do my daughters wedding with over 250 guests I was not sure why I needed her. My daughter lives in California so we had the additional challenge of working without her physical presence. She saved me money by researching options for floral linens lighting tents first class catering with by far the best food I have ever had at any wedding. Over 40 rooms for out of town guests and a party for 80 people the night prior to the wedding were all arranged by Ashley. To top it all off she did physical work that was above an beyond what a beautiful young professional should have to do. I can't thank her enough. I will miss working with her. She has a positive calming attitude and always got back to me via text at my request that same day if not within minutes. She is organized, thorough, and hardworking. I cannot say enough nice things.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Abby · Married on 08/11/2018

Ashely is amazing! She is kind, patient, and flexible, which made planning my wedding from across the country a breeze. More importantly, thanks to Ashely, my wedding day was anxiety-free and I was truly able to live in the moment knowing she was taking care of all the details. Highly recommend! :)

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 02/08/2018

I loved working with Ashley from AB Occasion Design! I was hesitant to hire a wedding planner because I have heard they are pricey but AB was very flexible with my budget! I wanted to be the one that came up with everything for my wedding but I found that I needed help with bringing my ideas to life! I am VERY happy I hired Ashley to help out with my wedding! She brought my ideas to life and made my wedding the wedding of my dreams! Ashley was professional and on task at all time! She was easy to contact and always called me back right away when I would leave a message. As you know wedding planning can be stressful but Ashley was there for me to calm me down and assist when my venue wasn't on top of things! With my wedding being around the holiday's Ashley was always free to help me out which was great! Ashley is young, hip and knows what is in and can make any wedding small or large a beautiful affair!! I can't wait to work with her again at my sister's upcoming wedding this year!

Sent on 03/15/2013

Sandy · Married on 05/20/2017

Ashley is a great planner and she has amazing ideas to make every wedding look great! She is very professional and committed to each of her clients individually. She makes you feel like you’re her only client! She has great attention to details that I wasn’t even thinking of, and she does a wonderful job with everything she does.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Brittany · Married on 12/31/2016

Ashley was nothing short of amazing. She was organized, efficient and anticipated every need we would have. The details, ability to multi task and consistent communication made our day so special. Ashley went above and beyond for both the bride and groom and our guest. I would highly recommend AB Design to any couple. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Kelli · Married on 09/17/2016

Ashley made my wedding day go on with out any issues. It was a perfect day and Ashley was a big part in making that happen!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/04/2016

Let me preface by saying I was the biggest skeptic about the necessity of having a day-of coordinator. I consider myself pretty organized and I had already booked all my other vendors on my own, so I thought I was all set - aside from a small nagging in the back of my head that maybe there was something I'd overlook. Working with Ashley for day-of coordination was THE best decision I made with my wedding planning, and she did so much more for me than I ever imagined. From our initial meeting to the end of the wedding night, she was always professional, personable, and organized. She is very responsive to emails and stepped in to assist me in communicating with other vendors, and I really felt she went above and beyond to help me coordinate every last detail and timeline the day. Even other vendors of mine expressed how great and detailed she was during the weeks leading up to the wedding.
    On my wedding day, I can't even begin to list the amount of things that would have gone massively wrong had I not had Ashley. She was ready for every unforeseen situation and handled everything so efficiently. I'm sure there's lots that happened that I don't even know about! Also, she had a ton of creative suggestions that I loved. We skipped a lot of traditional wedding rituals and Ashley was extremely respectful of our personalities. I was really concerned about some things happening that we weren't comfortable with, and no matter how many times my anxiety got the best of me and I repeated myself, she never made me feel that I was going overboard and was so patient with me. I went into my wedding day with a level of confidence and calmness that I can only attribute to knowing she was behind the scenes ensuring everything was to my extremely picky, specific standards. I highly recommend her for either the traditional or alternative bride!

Sent on 09/06/2016

allie · Married on 09/03/2016

Ashley was AMAZING! She was so sweet and tentative. She was a great listener and didn't push her opinions on me. She was extremely organized contacting our vendors and checking in on us. We had some difficult vendors who were unresponsive, but she stayed on top of them. I was very diy (all decor, lawn games, cookies, the cake, appetizers, & flowers) and Ashley kept everything flowing. My family loved her too. I don't know what we would have done without her.

Sent on 11/07/2016

AB Occasion Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the fabulous review Allie! It was a pleasure and honor to work with you and Steve on your big day! I loved your family and guests and the day was absolutely perfect for the perfect couple!

Cheryl · Married on 07/17/2016

Ashley was hands down the best money that we spent on our wedding, and we would HIGHLY recommend her to any other couple getting married and looking for a Day Of Coordinator. She was extremely on top of all of the details to make our wedding the best that it could be, was very responsive to all of our questions and any issues that came up, and a couple of weeks before the wedding sent the most thorough timeline anyone in our bridal party had ever seen. She took care of all of the details large and small (including sewing my train onto my wedding gown when the bustle broke! while photos were being taken!) that made our day run completely smoothly, and we therefore didn't need to worry about a thing. She even stayed until everyone else had left to help pack up all our belongings and help load up the cars. Our day was absolutely perfect, but that was in large part due to the wonderful job that Ashley did. Thanks, Ashley!!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Kristin · Married on 06/10/2016

Ashley was absolutely amazing! I did all my wedding planning myself, until about one month before when I felt panicked and realized I needed help tying together the loose ends. I hired Ashley to be our Day-Of Coordinator, and it was one of the best decisions I made throughout the process! She was kind and fun, as well as professional and reliable! She really knew what she was doing and it put me at ease to enjoy my day and let her handle all the little details! The whole weekend went so smoothly!

Sent on 06/20/2016

My daughter and son in law were married in December and I haven't stopped raving to my friends about how easy the planning process was with the help of Ashley at AB Occasion Design. She listened to all of their ideas with an open mind, answered our millions of questions with patience and knowledge and really helped streamline the process. We were was always shocked at how quickly she responded when they needed something. She treated my daughter as though she was her top priority, like she was the only Bride she was working with (eventhough I know she is swamped!!).

As a mother of the bride I felt at ease knowing Ashley and her team had our best interests in mind. The day flowed effortlessly and it's all because Ashley is truly an amazing wedding planner. I tell all the folks I meet don't start planning a wedding without Ashley! If you do you'll be sorry!

Thanks again Ashley without you my children's wedding would not have been so lovely.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Emily · Married on 10/10/2015

While we enjoyed the process of planning our wedding, we realized early on that we would want someone to be our point-person to make sure all are preparations went as planned on the day of the wedding, so we could enjoy the happiest day of our life. After seeing such glowing reviews for Ashley, we decided to meet with her.

From the moment we met her, we found she was personable and professional. She was genuinely interested in making our wedding day as perfect as could be, and we instantly felt at ease that all of those details would be taken care of on our wedding day.

Throughout the months leading up to the wedding, Ashley was very responsive to emails. She made a comprehensive schedule of events for sending to all of our family and vendors. She reached out to vendors early in the process to make sure everyone was on the same page. We never had to worry about set up times or requirements, as Ashley took care of all of this. She really went above and beyond what we expected from a Day-of Coordinator.

When the wedding weekend arrived, Ashley was completely focused on handling last minute details. She did an excellent job of leading the wedding rehearsal, and making sure everyone knew what to do. On the day of the wedding, she was always available to be in contact, she shuttled around the hotel grabbing things we forgot, addressing issues that arose, handled all the tips at the end of the night, and collecting centerpieces, gifts, and other items for proper placement. She even brought a clone along so she could be in two places at once! (Her twin!)

Overall, Ashley was an essential part in making our wedding perfect. She was a great resource to us, our bridal party, and vendors. While her prices were not insignificant, she was well worth every penny, and in fact she saved us money by doing things the hotel would have charged for. We would highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Gabby · Married on 09/05/2015

Ashley is simply AMAZING and our wedding would not have been possible without her! Ashley is totally professional, pays very close attention to every detail, recommends excellent vendors, works super hard on the day of the event, charges a very reasonable fee, and is sweet and lovely to work with. She was always responsive and ensured that we got the event that we wanted. We truly did not have to worry about anything the day of because we knew we had Ashley behind the scenes working her magic. A big thank you to Ashley who was always available by phone or email and does an excellent job of communicating what needs to happen next in the planning process. Without you we couldn't have done it.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Words cannot describe how amazing Ashley is! She is so friendly and willing to help! She transformed our venue from a boring reception hall into a gorgeous starry night hall! She was wonderful from beginning to end! She is worth every penny & more! I strongly suggest having Ashley help turn your event into a magical memory like she did ours!! Thank you!!!♥

Sent on 08/24/2015

Lisa · Married on 07/22/2015

The wedding ceremony and reception was beautifully decorated and everything I had imagined for our destination beach wedding! I highly recommend AB Occasion Design if you are looking to make your special occasion a beautiful and memorable one!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Shellie · Married on 07/04/2015

Ashley, if everyone was as sweet and efficient as you, this world would be a perfect place. I cannot possibly thank you enough for all that you did. You never once disappointed me

Sent on 07/01/2015

Malory · Married on 03/28/2015

I cannot thank A B occasion enough for the help they provided to me a couple months before my wedding. We hired Ashley late in the game (too late!) as our Day of Coordinator since a lot of the planning had already been done. If we had known how thorough, helpful, resourceful and insightful a wedding planner could be, I know I would have hired her from the start. Always professional, kind, helpful and reliable, we had a wonderful experience working with Ashley and her team from start to finish -- she really was integral to making the wedding come together. Because of her and her talents, I was able to relax before the wedding (bonus!) and enjoy every minute of my wedding day/night. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding/day of planner in the Pittsburgh area.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Brenda · Married on 02/28/2015

Ashley was amazing! I could not have done it by myself. She was on top of all the details and coordinated everything. When my wedding day arrived I was stress free and able to enjoy my wedding day. I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 04/29/2015

Of all of the things I spent money on for my wedding, hiring AB Occasions was by far our best investment. We had a particularly difficult venue to work with and without Ashley, the wedding would have been a disaster. After working with the venue for 6 months on my own, I realized I didn't have time for the day to day details and attention that the venue required. That's when I brought Ashley in and she literally saved the day. The only mistake I made was not hiring her sooner!

She was responsive to my needs, really understood my vision, was a joy to work with and played an incredible role from the first time we spoke. Things got even better as she also provided onsite support for the weekend of our event. My wedding was even better than I had imagined and I attribute that to working with Ashley at AB Occasions.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Kelsy · Married on 10/18/2014

Ashley was invaluable as our wedding weekend coordinator! She was very knowledgable, professional, and so easy to work with. Ashley led us through our rehearsal without a hitch. For the Day Of,
    she captured and executed our vision, making everything look better than we could have ever imagined. She truly helped make our dreams come true. I will definitely be recommending this great planner to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Brendan · Married on 09/27/2014

AB Occasion helped us plan our wedding and we were extremely pleased. Ashley carefully listened to our wants, needs, and budget and did a fantastic job helping create the wedding of our dreams. We came to her with several rough ideas of what we wanted and she did a fantastic job polishing the details. Her knowledge, experience, and organization were exceptional. She gave us helpful suggestions on everything from vendor selection to our signature cocktail. She took care of every detail before and during the wedding and let us focus on enjoying our day. Her pricing is extremely reasonable for the level of service provided. I would definitely use her services again and given AB Occasion my highest recommendation.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/13/2014

AB Occassions provided day of services for our wedding. Ashley is fantastic to work with- she is so genuine and very reliable! She was the glue that held everything together. She is very organized and really made me feel at ease knowing that everything was taken care of. She went above and beyond for us. AB Occasions will do everything possible to make sure you have the day of your dreams. After my wedding everyone was telling me "I wish I had a wedding coordinator!" Because everything flowed perfectly. I would recommend their services to anyone!!

Sent on 09/21/2014