A Wedding Store & Special Events Reviews

A Wedding Store & Special Events 4
  • Lewis

Lewis Hatkoff · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazingggggg!

LINDA!!!! We can not thank you enough for everything that you did for is at the wedding. You were absolutely incredible! The day was so perfect and we couldn’t have done it without you. As always, you were such a delight to work with and we couldn’t have imagined getting married without asking you to help. We hope you had a good time too!

A Wedding Store & Special Events 5

Susan · Married on 06/16/2018

When my (now) husband and I were thinking through possible wedding options, we were all over the place about what we wanted to do. We weren’t even sure we wanted to do a full wedding/reception. We had visited the Aquarium of the Pacific as a potential venue - an idea we LOVED but were really unsure about when it came to how to tackle setting up a wedding in such a location.

Then we met Linda. My (then) fiance leaned over to me and said, “I know now for sure I want to have a wedding, especially since we can have her involved.” DONE AND DONE.

She has a strong personality and is full of sass and I adored EVERY minute of working with her. With Linda, there’s no bs - she’s upfront about things, lets you know what to expect and delivers exactly what she says she will. Bonus points that her sense of humor matched ours completely.

Linda answered each of my crazy (borderline planning-obsessive) emails, talked me off the wedding-planning ledge more times than I’m proud of, and generally made the very stressful process (dare I say?) fun. She knows the right people to connect you with to make your day great and loves finding special touches to make your day uniquely you.

On our big day, things ran like clockwork - even ahead of schedule! Not an easy feat when you have bride and groom, family members, guests, vendors, etc to keep on track.

It’s so very personal with Linda, which makes the whole process so special despite the inevitable stress that occurs as the big day approaches. I will forever cherish our wedding day and will always think of Linda as being a huge part in helping make our day as special as it was.

I know it’s crazy to say, but I’m a little sad that I now don’t have a reason to email her 9 times in a day with random panicked thoughts about my wedding. Knowing Linda, though, I’m sure she’d still email me back, every time.

TL;DR - pick Linda, because she’s committed to just the best for you, always.

Alfie · Married on 10/28/2017

My wedding was at the Aquarium of the Pacific (AOP) in Long Beach, CA. Linda was recommended to us by AOP as a day coordinator.

I needed up hiring her as the day coordinator and planner. She streamlined the process for us. She was really helpful with arranging vendor meetings for us and with multiple vendors at a time so that we don't travel often as we aren't local to the area.

We couldn't have such a great wedding without Linda. Her personality made this process super fun! We appreciated that she took the time to listen to our rants about the family drama and the chaos!

We had great compliments like "what a dream wedding" or "beautiful and memorable". One couple was like, "are you a millionaire?" because it looks so fancy that they thought we had to spend $$$$. But we know that we had great vendors and great prices that we can do within our budget.

Now that the wedding is over, it is sad to think we have to part.

Tips:
    She will make an itinerary for you and also give resources like how to make a budget etc...

A Wedding Store & Special Events 6
    A Wedding Store & Special Events 7
    A Wedding Store & Special Events 8

Eric · Married on 06/09/2017

Linda, Linda, Linda!
    Summary:
    Hire Linda, you will not regret it! She will keep your wedding on schedule, she will work with vendors you choose, she will recommend vendors, she will keep you on budget, and she has plenty of experience. People already know her at most places. Our vision was implemented thanks to her!
    Detailed: When we first met Linda duPlaine Gray we didn’t think we needed a wedding coordinator! We decided to give her a courtesy meeting. Within probably 15 minutes we came to the realization that we definitely needed a coordinator and Linda had the experience we need to get this wedding done and stay on budget! We couldn’t do this wedding without her!
    We were not wrong! Linda planned out details from day one, with a comprehensive timeline that was updated regularly and used by other vendors involved in the wedding (ie photo, video,DJ, reception venue/ceremony venue) .
    We worked with her from August 2016 through wedding day of June 9th 2017.
    She helped setup meetings with vendors (cake, desserts, photo, flowers, linens, etc). Linda even attended our food tasting at the venue to help us through the process of choosing appetizers, drink menus, drink options, dinner options, desserts and food timelines.
    She even helped negotiate a wedding rehearsal dinner in Long Beach near the venue.
    The wedding day was smooth! She was familiar with all the vendors on wedding day and had already coordinated with them all the details. We were able to enjoy our wedding day and had to deal with zero (0) issues with the vendors on wedding day. Our vision was implemented!
    Our wedding ran right on time! To the minute! Unbelievable for a wedding! Your wedding is a big moving, flowing party that has many moving parts, and she kept everything in sync!
    I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Linda did a great job, she is practically family now that we went through this whole process.
    Eric & Christina, Wedding June 9, 2017 - Hotel Maya

Meagan · Married on 05/21/2017

Linda made sure our wedding was a fantastic and memorable experience!! I came to her a month out from the big day and she worked her magic to get us the best flowers, linens, DJ, decor, cake and everything!! Her relationships with local vendors is amazing and she was able to save us a ton of money. Linda was awesome to work with and we can't thank her enough for everything she did to make our big day the outstanding event that it was!!! If you are having a wedding, big or small, Linda is the one you want planning and coordinating. Once you hire her, you'll wonder how you did anything without her. Thanks again, Linda!!

• #ItsBeardTime

Christina · Married on 03/25/2017

Linda is phenomenal!! She is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive. She goes out of her way for her brides and will help with any and every detail. Linda knows a lot of very experienced vendors who will show up, look professional, and do an amazing job. She runs a tight ship on your wedding day and handles all phone calls or problems that might show up the day of the event. I highly recommend booking with Linda. She will be a friend, a guide, and will help you with everything you need for your wedding.

Robin · Married on 11/06/2016

Linda was amazing. Her knowledge and contacts were priceless. She had amazing ideas and always had our best interest at heart. I live in Alaska, and she worked with me all the way from up here. I have truly made a friend in her and I would highly highly recommend her to help with your special day. She will truly make it special.

Jason · Married on 10/08/2016

LINDA LINDA LINDA LINDA LINDA

When I first met Linda I was like o dang this lady is fierce. Hired. I knew that nobody at my wedding would step out of line! We did pretty much everything a couple isn't supposed to do with their wedding planner - took forever to get stuff in to her, screwed up our budget, had last minute changes to our guest count, threw in a live band a week before the ceremony., made her change the whole ceremony timeline a bunch, took forever to write a review of her...you know, stuff that wedding planners curse people for.

But she pulled it all off with ease! It's almost like....she's been doing this stuff forever and is extremely experienced and polished in her methods. The least stressful day for us in the whole wedding process was BY FAR the ceremony day. Once we turned everything over to Linda, she wrangled everything and everyone without adding a single worry to our day. She can handle anything!

Hilary · Married on 07/16/2016

Through a mutual friend, I met Linda. My original plan was to hire her just for the day of my daughter's wedding. I am so glad we changed our minds. I was a little anxious as we had just six months to pull this wedding together. Linda was a godsend. The vendors she recommended were wonderful. She came to every venue meeting, negotiated a great room rate at the hotel our guests stayed at, and responded in a timely manner whenever we had a question ( which was quite often).
    On the day of she worked tirelessly to make sure my daughter and her husband had the wedding of their dreams. She even dressed in the wedding colors! We are still getting compliments from out guests about how beautiful it was and how much fun.
    I cannot recommend her enough and can't wait to work with her again (my husband and I have two more daughters)!

Was this review …?

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

Linda is a great planner! She gets it DONE even when it is difficult. She takes the stress out of the planning process and is a really fun person! She provided us with great options for vendors and always had our wants and needs (and budget) in mind during meetings with those vendors. She knows what she is doing and it was great to have someone we could trust in our corner. Thank you Linda!!

Arleen · Married on 05/28/2016

Let me tell you that if you are looking for a wedding planner, look no more, you have found the best in town! We had a general idea of what we were looking for in wedding vendors and décor (every girl dreams of her wedding day) she helped us put everything into place and made it look more amazing than we ever imagined! After meeting the first vendor or two, we gave her the reigns to choose the rest. We trusted her wholeheartedly and she did not disappoint! She ensured we took a step back after the ceremony before the reception to take it all in and be alone for just 5 minutes! In the whirlwind of events, that was the time I enjoyed and remembered in most detail. Linda kept everyone on time, in line and running smoothly, from the vendors, to the groomsmen, everything went smoothly. When we had 10 people show up that RSVP’d “no” she didn’t let me worry, she took care of it all. Linda is a strong woman and carries the weight of the wedding on her shoulders so you don’t have to, and I can’t tell you how much that meant to us and helped us enjoy our amazing day. She was our planner, our coordinator, our friend, our advocate, and our voice, for those reasons and a million more we love her and recommend her to everyone. Thank you Linda!

• Juan

Juan · Married on 11/13/2015

When my wife and I got engaged and decided to get married within 6 months we knew there would be a lot to get done in a short time. After a few weeks we knew we needed help trying to figure out planning and what to choose and vendors for this and protocol for that. So I switched my google search to look for a wedding planner to save my sanity and found Linda! All of her experience made our lives much easier and less stressful!!!! With all of our planning we only had one small glitch with a vendor - and let me tell you how great it was to have Linda on my side to make sure that everything was fixed - and it ended up being fabulous!

She is definitely a character and working with her was a ton of fun! Thank you Linda!!!!!!!!

Linda was instrumental in making our wedding everything we had ever imagined (and we had imagined a LOT). Each vendor she hooked us up with was perfect, and we always knew she was 100% invested in making our wedding AMAZING. And it was. People still can't stop talking about how magical our Aquarium wedding was, and that's ALL Linda. She knows weddings!!! She's also got a tremendous sense of humor and fun, and working with her was always fun and stress-free. We recommend her wholeheartedly! Thank you, Linda!!!
    Love,
    Gwenjamin.

Sara · Married on 10/10/2015

Our experience with Linda was so pleasant. She took the time to listen to our vision and made it happen. Very dependable and attentive to our needs. As a bride, she made my day go just as planned... Even through the curve balls. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH LINDA!!!! Our day could've gone totally different had you not been there... We adore you... I would recommend you a million times over!!! (Wedding Date 10/10/15)

tatiana · Married on 09/04/2015

Linda, Linda, Linda.. What can I say about her? She is probably the craziest, most fun wedding planner ever! She has been in the business for such a long time and knows EVERYONE in the area. We worked with Linda for a year planning our wedding. She setup all the meetings with her different vendors. Everyone she recommended was FANTASTIC. At first, I was a little skeptical about hiring vendors solely based on her recommendations. However, it makes a lot more sense to hire people who have a good working relationship with your wedding planner. Our wedding ran flawlessly because of Linda and the team of people we hired. Everything flowed perfectly! And she always made sure I had a drink in my hand. She even had the venue pack up our dinner because we didn't get to eat any of it.

Linda is a total ball buster and tells it like it is which I appreciated so much. It made the planning experience a lot more fun. She was also very patient with me and answered the hundreds of emails I sent her in a timely manner. She was budget conscious and worked with the vendors to get them down to prices I was more comfortable with. I can't say enough good things about her. I'll miss working with her dearly! If I ever have the opportunity to throw another big event she'll be my first call.

Katherine · Married on 05/08/2015

When my husband and I were looking for venues, we absolutely fell in love with the Aquarium of the Pacific. We met with the sales manager right away and put in our deposit. That's when Tamera, the sales manager, gave us THE MOST HELPFUL card we could have ever imagined of obtaining: Linda Gray's business card.

Now, having a wedding reception at the Aquarium is not an easy feat. My husband and I quickly learned that you must have vendors who are really on top of it to be able to set up for an entire wedding within the hour after the closing of the Aquarium and the start of your reception.

Linda was able to connect us with AMAZING vendors. Honestly, I do not even know how it was possible for them to set up everything within that limited time frame. All of my guests loved how all of the different pieces of my wedding came together. "The centerpieces were amazing!" "The linens were the perfect color!" "The DJ was so entertaining and had such a great attitude and playlist!" "The lighting was so great!"

On the day of my wedding, Linda was an ANGEL FROM HEAVEN. My husband says that this is when she really shone. She came to the hotel while we were getting ready and lit the fire under my photographer, videographer and wedding party's asses so that we could make it to the church on time. Still, she was able to provide my photographer and videographer some great shots for the hotel since she was familiar with it. Honestly, if she wasn't there, I would have late to the church. Then, at the reception, she made sure we adhered to our timeline and was able to fit in everything that we needed. She even allotted for my husband and I to be alone for 5 minutes to bask in our wedding bliss.

TRUST ME: You need to book this woman now. It will save you so much time, effort and stress and she will more than pay for herself. I had the absolute wedding of my dreams and all of my guests agreed that my wedding was THE BEST they have EVER been to.

Stewart · Married on 03/07/2015

Linda did a fantastic job to make our wedding an event to remember.
    We met with Linda for almost eleven months before our wedding and she was available to offer support throughout the wedding process.
    Her day of the event coordination helped to provide a well paced wedding and reception. She got glowing reviews from our guests.
    Linda's recommendations for the professional services were right on with excellent selection of talented vendors.
    We highly recommend Linda's wedding services to anyone wanting the best.

Mike · Married on 10/25/2014

Dear Linda, before we run off to Japan, we wanted to express our most sincere thank yous for making our wedding day a living dream. A LIVING DREAM!!! Everyone commented on how wonderful, elegant, beautiful, spectacular, the adjectives were endless, our wedding turned out! We could not have done it with out you. Tim and I loved it all.

SO AGAIN, FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS, THANK YOU !!!!!!

We will be in contact when we return. Our best wish to you, Mike and Tim

This is a message we sent to Linda before taking off to our honey moon. We could not wait to repeat our gratitude to her for helping us pull off the day of our dreams!! That message says it all !

Linda was our wedding planner for our wedding at the Aquarium of the Pacific on June 19th. She did an absolutely amazing job from the first day we hired her until our wedding was over. She went above and beyond with helping us hire vendors, respond to my countless emails at the drop of a hat and had a great sense of humor. My husband and I always enjoyed coming down to Long Beach and meeting with Linda to discuss details of the wedding and she would always schedule the appointments for vendors so that we didn't have to. Linda makes your life easier as a bride and with her great reputation and years of experience in the wedding field she knows how to pull off a flawless wedding. We had our ceremony on the rooftop terrace at the Aquarium and it was the first one up there, it was perfect and went off without a hitch thanks to Linda!!! The wedding day was perfect, the way that she handles set up for the reception and everything with the vendors after running the ceremony minutes before blows my mind. When I walked into the ceremony and reception I was in shock at how breathtaking everything was. It was perfect from the rooftop terrace to downstairs from one side of the great hall to the other showcasing the wedding of our dreams. From the beginning of our wedding day to end nothing would have been possible without Linda!!! She is truly one of kind and I would highly recommend hiring her as your wedding planner, thank you again Linda!!!

Kindest and Warmest Regards,

Lauren and Kris

Linda was a great wedding planner! Her bubbly, warm and inviting personality made me feel comfortable and at ease throughout the whole process. Along with making sure that I got everything that I needed, she was quick to respond and always willing to help.

Denise · Married on 06/29/2014

My wife & I can't even BEGIN to say enough good things about Linda duPlaine Gray! We were married 06/29/14 @ the Maya Hotel in Long Beach, CA. Linda bent over backwards to make sure all of our needs were met. She worked REALLY hard to make sure all of our wishes were fulfilled & even surprised us with some extra stuff we didnt even know we needed...like the "First Glance" & a quiet moment for just the 2 of us at a table with appetizers & champagne right after our ceremony. Linda made sure we had something blue for the ceremony, a detail we forgot & the ceremony was a Broadway meets baseball theme. She made sure my Dodger blue was prominent throughout the entire event & found creative ways to incorporate Broadway into everything. When we walked in for the grand entrance, she made sure the hotel had Dodger blue napkins on the tables being waved by our guests & our wedding party was waiting at the front saluting us with Dodger blue bats. Even our make-up artist wore a Dodger shirt. Linda even found us the greatest photographer! TRUST HER TASTE PEOPLE! SHE'LL NEVER DISAPPOINT YOU! LINDA DUPLAINE GRAY NOT ONLY KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING...BUT SHE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER!

Junell · Married on 06/14/2014

LINDA IS THE BEST!! When Linda says she will rock your wedding, she will definitely ROCK YOUR WEDDING 110% from beginning to end. We first met Linda when we booked our wedding. She was referred to us by the hotel and we ended up hiring her. It was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Linda is very knowledgeable in her craft. She is professional, funny, and when you have a question in the middle of the night, she will give you an immediate response back. We were on a tight budget and she really helped us out a lot so we didn't go over budget. Our family loved how our wedding turned out that one of my cousins also hired Linda for their wedding. She has become one of our best friends and part of our family. If in the future when we plan our wedding anniversary or our children's wedding, we will definitely hire Linda again!

Kristin · Married on 06/07/2014

Linda was the perfect wedding planner in every way! She was able to find vendors that not only were within my budget, but also who were able to give me exactly what I requested. She made herself available to me (and was extremely flexible with scheduling our meetings) to ensure I was 100% happy with every vendor and wedding detail. Linda was the reason why my wedding was gorgeous, fun, and memorable! She will give you the perfect wedding without the outrageous price tag! I highly recommend Linda for any of your even planning needs!

Tony · Married on 03/23/2014

My spouse and I are a same-sex couple that live in Texas. We decided to get married in Long Beach since equal marriage is legal in California, we chose Long Beach because we were both born and raised in the area. When I began planning, I knew I wanted downtown Long Beach, and I knew that I wanted to run everything out of a hotel because it makes it so much simpler for everyone traveling from out of town.

I began looking online extensively for reviews from people who had used hotels in downtown Long Beach and ended up finding and falling in love with the Hotel Maya. After talking with them and finding out the logistics we booked with Hotel Maya and we were told that our booking came with a free day-of Wedding Planner, which I thought was a nice touch because that would ensure that although we are in Texas, there would be someone on the ground in Long Beach that could help us once the big day came.

I was given Linda's information so that we could contact each other to get the ball rolling and from the beginning it was awesome. I am a super OCD Virgo planning kind of person, so I already had my spreadsheets and everything ready, but having someone there to facilitate everything was wonderful. I had planned large events such as campouts before but had never done a wedding so this was whole new ballgame. She was able to tell me what I needed to focus on, what i did not need to worry about, and helped me make some decisions that I otherwise would have probably not made but am very happy I did.

Linda has a ton of knowledge that was very helpful, but she also allowed me to make all the final decisions since it was our wedding day. On the day of she was very helpful because I had it in my head that I was going to do a bunch of set-up and such but she made me just focus on me and took care of all of that. She set up the welcome table, helped with the reception set-up, and helped make our day perfect. Thank you, Linda!

Stephanie · Married on 02/23/2014

We absolutely loved Linda! Our wedding went off without a hitch! It couldn't have been more perfect! We didn't even think we would need a coordinator, but thank God for Linda, so happy we had her, we couldn't have done all of it without her! Would highly recommend. Even if you think you might not need a coordinator, Linda was so helpful and she will make sure your day is fabulous!