A Spice of Life Catering Reviews

92 Reviews for A Spice of Life Catering

1 User photo

A Spice of Life Catering 1

Carolyn · Married on 12/24/2018

I will start by saying my husband and I had extremely low expectations when it came to caterers. We have experienced underwhelming food at most weddings and figured it was status quo for producing mass quantities. We decided to blindly choose ASOL as they were the preferred caterer at our venue (Planet Bluegrass) and couldn't have been proven more wrong about this 'status quo'. The event specialist, Dawn, was with us every step of the way in planning the wedding and responded to emails even when on vacation. The food the day-of was exceptional (in a buffet no less) and the staff were all super professional - I didn't even know they were there. On the day-of, Dawn was also equally as present and accommodating, making sure we had everything we needed without even having to ask. I can't say enough about this catering company and would encourage anyone to choose them to cater their wedding as they do that (and so much more) seamlessly and with so much positivity. Thank you, Dawn and staff, for making our day so incredible!

• Breda

Breda · Married on 08/18/2018

We chose Spice of Life because they were on our venue's preferred caterer list, and because we had previously attended a wedding they catered and really liked the food. Well, we were not disappointed! I'm really happy with how responsive and easy to work with they were, and how they were willing to provide us with a customized menu that was unique, culturally specific, and delicious! Everyone loved the food at our wedding.

Briana · Married on 08/10/2018

Great staff and great food! We got to work with Jake Safran and he was very attentive and responded to questions quickly! Highly recommend!

Sydnie · Married on 06/16/2018

Jake and the whole Spice of Life crew were absolutely fantastic to work with. Jake gave us his personal phone number and always responded to texts and emails within seconds. Even when he was on vacation with his family, he texted me back right away. On the day of the wedding, there was a rain storm before the ceremony and all of the chairs were soaked. Even though it was not their job at all, the crew from a spice of life ran out with towels to dry off all of the seats. Jake and the crew let us use any and all decorations they had, not just for the reception, for the ceremony as well. They provided the bridal party with snacks before the ceremony to help calm our tummies and our nerves. The food at the reception was absolutely amazing, I hear comments all of the time for my guests about how delicious it was. Everybody went back for seconds! I would recommend a spice of life for any event!!

Kevin · Married on 11/19/2017

These guys made a great and fun event happen very easily!

A Spice of Life Catering 2

Chelsea · Married on 09/30/2017

Our venue gave us the option to choose from 4 preferred caterers, and I am soooo glad we chose Spice of Life! The food was amazing - from the fruit/cheese platter while we were getting ready to the plate of appetizers for my husband and I as we signed our marriage license to all the dinner entrees to the leftovers that were packed up for my husband and I to enjoy later in the night/the next day! I can't say enough good things about their responsiveness, professionalism, and quality especially when working with an out-of-town bride. Spice of Life also offered a military discount which my husband and I truly appreciated as it allowed us to spend more money on things like a dessert bar! I would definitely recommend Spice of Life to any bride looking for a traditional wedding meal, appetizers, and desserts that are tasty and beautifully presented.

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

They were amazing to work with. Jake the coordinator was very pleasant to work with. His response time to e-mail is amazing. Their whole team was very professional. We had a minor problem with our first catering company as they were double booked the day of our wedding. In March we were left searching for a new catering company. Our venue recommended Spice of Life even though it was more then we had planned on spending for food.
    They did not disappoint. They hosted a delicious brunch for us the day before and an amazing dinner on our wedding day. We had many complements that our food we great. The onsite staff were amazing evening walking down to pictures to bring us our snack tray.
    We could not have asked for better service. Thank you.

Sent on 06/15/2017

A Spice of Life Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda! It is wonderful to hear this feedback. Thanks for letting us celebrate your special day with you! We wish you and Jon all the happiness in the world.

Theresa · Married on 06/03/2017

Dawn and her team were fantastic from the start. My fiance couldn't make the initial food tasting so I brought my elderly father instead. She was so sweet and kind to him. Everyone raved about the food we had for our reception. She helped us pick a menu that would appeal to everyone and even provided a vegan meal for one of my family members. It was within our budget and was high quality. Their staff was really attentive to our guests. At the end of the night, they had placed a picinic basket in the back of our car containing some of the food from our reception. What a special touch! We would highly recommend A Spice of Life!

Erica · Married on 05/06/2017

Jessica was awesome! She attended the reception and made sure I ate and all of the food was amazing! Spice of Life worked with me to do a custom menu and they even allowed me to do two tastings! I definitely recommend them for any event!

Marta · Married on 10/01/2016

We used ASOL for our wedding at Planet Bluegrass and could not have been happier with Dawn and her team. They were kind, accessible and professional, and the food was phenomenal. We first met Dawn at our tasting, which was a fantastic experience. The chefs cooked a phenomenal meal, and Dawn put us all at ease, answering questions about food portions, table and chair rentals, and vegan options for our guests. In the months between the tastings Dawn was always available to answer questions about anything and everything - alcohol quantities, the timeline of events, transportation... you name it! During the wedding our guests could not stop raving about the great service, the food, and how professional her team was. Overall, we would highly recommend ASOL for catering and event planning.

Lisa · Married on 09/24/2016

This company was excellent to work with, from the tastings to the wedding. We had a gluten-free menu that was unique and superb. Everyone was raving!

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

A Spice of Life went above and beyond to make my wedding go smoothly. My Spice planner ("event specialist") was with me for every step of the planning process. She came with me to my venue about a month before to talk about where all the tables would go, and then on my wedding day I didn't have to tell them again- they were just set up for me. Thank you A Spice of Life for going above and beyond what I asked- it really made a difference.

Jessica · Married on 10/31/2015

I really enjoyed working with A Spice of Life. Jake was our consultant, he was very prompt with returning phone calls, helpful with menu consulting, and was very pleasant to work with. On the day of the wedding, the staff was prompt in setting up and were very friendly and professional. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on the food or on the staff. I would highly recommend them.

Jenny · Married on 08/16/2015

We have had the best experience with A Spice of Life so far! Jake has been working with us from the very beginning, and he is phenomenal. He has been very patient in answering our many questions! The presentation at our tasting was very professional and the food was delicious. I have special dietary needs, and they catered perfectly to what I requested. I felt great after eating our meal, which is rare for me! We also met with the chef and he answered our questions and was more than willing to tweak things to our liking. My fiance and I have been thoroughly impressed by Jake and A Spice of Life. I would highly recommend them for any of my friends weddings or events.

I can't say enough wonderful things about this company. I give them a ton of credit to our successful wedding reception- they were professional, helpful, easy to communicate with, created a beautiful event, and served delicious food. They were by far the easiest vendors to communicate with during our planning period and put me at ease when the big day was approaching. When we looked back at our wedding day and thought about how great it went, we thought about all the little details that Spice of Life helped us with that made the entire day stress free. I would recommend Spice of Life to anyone!

Sent on 08/11/2015

A Spice of Life Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are truly touched that you have such great things to say about us; we're sharing this with our entire team as we speak. We had a wonderful time at your wedding and are so grateful to have been a part of your special day. Congratulations once again!

Jake and his team did more than we could have asked for to help with our wedding! They helped us tailor the perfect menu of a mashed potato bar with fun chips and dips for our guests to enjoy. Everybody loved the food! They also helped us fulfill our wish of having ice cream instead of cake and even helped serve the ice cream and run the toppings bar. A Spice of Life really went above and beyond to make sure the food was on point and helping with any other things we may have needed help with!

Crystal · Married on 09/19/2014

We hired Spice of Life to cater our wedding rehearsal dinner BBQ party at a vacation rental mountain home up Sunshine Canyon. From the beginning, they were responsive, professional, and extremely accommodating to our budget and our needs. We had no trouble planning the event from out of state, and when it came time for the party we had complete and total confidence in their services. My husband and I were able to enjoy spending stress free time with our guests, while the Spice of Life staff handled everything from set up to clean up with ninja-like efficiency. They served an abundance of delicious food to our 80 some odd hungry guests with flawless presentation and friendly smiles. Everyone raved about the food, especially the mac n' cheese! Spice of Life is a world class operation already renowned for their quality of services, and it was an honor to have them help make our wedding weekend a dream come true. We highly recommend them, for any occasion! Thank you, Spice of Life!

Kelsee · Married on 07/05/2014

I am so happy we went with Spice of Life as our caterer of choice for our July wedding. They were easy to work with in planning the wedding, making sure that all details were covered. The wedding coordinator, Dawn, even came with us to our final walk through in Estes Park, which was a good hour and a half drive from the coorporate office. She amde sure everything was planned perfectly and to our liking. The day of the wedding, we had another coordinator who we got to meet beforehand to maker sure she knew everything she needed to run our wedding day of. She did not disappoint. The best part was that I didn't have to worry about any set up or take down and I barely even noticed that the day of coordinators were there- that's how smoothly they ran everything. They made sure everything worked out perfectly. The wait staff was also very professional and responsive. The food turned out beautiful and delicious. It was worth the extra money to go through Spice of Life for the service, presentation, and farm to table food choices. Thanks so much SOL!

Michelle · Married on 06/07/2014

Dawn and her team were unbelievable! I didn't have a wedding planner, but with ASOL you don't need one. Everything from the planning, to the responsiveness, to the day of were amazing. The food was delicious and we had so many comments about how great everything was. The buffet went very smoothly.. never a line at the food line or bar.. which is pretty amazing with our crew. Thank you a million times over for making our wedding planning and day such a success! We owe it all to you!

Molly · Married on 03/28/2014

Spice of Life was fabulous. We loved working with Dawn, she called me periodically to just see how things were going and if we needed help with anything. The food was amazing, they were so helpful the night of the wedding, and they worked with our budget. I would highly suggest using them!!

Mandy · Married on 08/10/2013

This was the most amazing food and crew we worked with! I miss the food already, it was so yummy! Not one Guest had a bad thing to say about the food and the service was great as well. My husband was very frustrated that we were one table short and his family had nowhere to sit. Well as they helped to get our food he walked away to figure out why they didn't have a table. The crew from A Spice of Life took in their hands (after asking someone from our venue to do so a few times) to make sure they got a table out immediately and that made my husband very happy! It was just so amazing that they did what they could to make our day special, when it wasn't their job to worry about that!

Mollie · Married on 06/15/2013

The venue was stunning and gave us tons of time to set up and take down and use the venue. They worked really well and hard with my budget and needs. The food was incredible and custom to what I wanted and needed. The staff was great, worked hard and it showed. I have referred them to friends and family already and will definitely continue to use them.

• Sydney

Sydney · Married on 04/13/2013

Their catering service is absolutely first class! We absolutely love their service, and we didn't get one complaint from anyone eating the food. It was really worth the price and they really made us feel like we were special clients. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a quality caterer at a competitive price.

David · Married on 12/23/2012

Very good business they will be getting my service again in the future. 5/5 rating.