A Soiree to Remember Reviews

38 Reviews for A Soiree to Remember

• Cody

Cody S. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Fantastic Wedding Coordinator!

Soraya went above and beyond what we could have expected from our wedding coordinator. Although we only hired her as a "month of" coordinator, she made herself available well before the wedding and helped us with everything from communicating with our numerous vendors about logistical information to going through every step of our day in detail to ensure that we would not have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding. She was also able to draw on her breadth of experience at various weddings to offer smart suggestions, but was never pushy about forcing her vision on us. In addition, she not only is an excellent communicator and organizer, but is also personable, funny and easy-going. Any couple would be lucky to have Soraya as their wedding coordinator!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Josie

Josie Clemens · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Soraya the wedding season ANGEL

My entire engagement season leading up to my wedding, was exceedingly and abundantly more than I could've ever asked for or imagined because of Soraya's grace-filled heart, and her spirit of complete excellence. Ladies! First things first, Soraya taught me to NOT believe the cheap lie that planning your wedding has to be stress inducing. She lived that out and EVERY single meeting and phone call was a breath of fresh air, and a new dose of hope-filled JOY. Her heart of faith and mind of excellence is something I've never seen or experienced before. She genuinely cares to serve your vision for your special day, and also calls it so much higher. Her experience in this industry is EVIDENT, and her raw talent, eye, and attention to detail is something YOU NEED whilst planning your wedding. She is the most trustworthy, creative, businesswoman, mother figure, force to be reckoned with. Her taste is out of this world, and her execution is humbling. She spent many hours venue hunting for, and with us, and really, truly understands the magnitude and significance of this special day. She goes above and beyond in EVERYTHING she does, and our wedding looked like, and felt like heaven because of her. You will be extremely blessed if you get the opportunity to have Soraya on your team to help plan your special day. She is an angel through and through.

Sent on 07/30/2020
  • Talia

Talia Shapiro · Married on 11/01/2020

Book them!

Soraya and Lisa were a dream to work with! Our wedding was entirely planned before COVID hit and then suddenly we had to make new plans. Soraya was always there to help me stay calm as I moved through these challenges. Soraya is the sweetest human. She really gives her all to her couples and wants the best for them. She was always there to answer questions. She remained patient and understanding at all times. You could just tell she LOVES what she does. She handled every obstacle with grace and I just knew she had it all handled. She has a lot of experience in the industry and also as a florist has a lot more knowledge there. I would 100% recommend her services to any couple looking for a reasonably priced coordination service with people who care. With Soraya you are not just a business transaction. That feeling was so important me on my wedding day. I didn't want to be just a transaction, and with her, I felt like family!

Sent on 11/10/2020

Esther Lee · Married on 10/10/2020

The best wedding coordinator out there

There are not enough words to express how thankful I am for Soraya! She went above and beyond for our wedding (not to mention it was a last minute wedding! We had less than two months to plan!) We had an impossible budget and Soraya somehow managed not only to hit it, but produce a beautiful masterpiece of a wedding. Soraya will listen and ask questions about your vision and then amplify that vision with her personal touches (but without straying from what the couple wants). She will check in with you throughout the process. She will make suggestions and walk you through. If you are still hesitating about Soraya, don't! Days after the wedding, my mom is still mentioning how blown away she was with the decor and flowers. What makes Soraya so rare is that she loves her job, and no two weddings are alike to her. Best decision (besides marrying my husband) of this wedding was having Soraya. Thank you Soraya!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Hannah Hoeks · Married on 06/20/2020

Overwhelming!

We were a COVID couple, which meant all my wedding dreams were changed. I felt so much disappointment, but then contacted Soraya anyway - asking if just maybe we could still have a piece of our plan. She quickly affirmed that this was our wedding - no matter what was happening around us. -and it was going to be amazing. Soraya went above and beyond to give us the wedding we dreamt of - it was 1,000 times more beautiful than I imagined, and she made our change of plans into the perfect wedding. We love her and her husband/lighting man so much, and it was so splendid to have them be a part of our family-only day. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2020

Christina Wong · Married on 03/14/2020

The Sweetest Ever!

We knew that we wanted to work with Soraya after we saw her amazing florals at my sister-in-law's wedding. Since our very first correspondence she has been so open and warm and such a delight to work with.

We unfortunately had to cancel our wedding the night before the day due to concerns with COVID-19. Soraya was so supportive and understanding. We can't wait to work with her again when we do it again next year!

Sent on 03/25/2020

Jozette Chang · Married on 10/26/2019

A thousand% yes! Soraya does it right!

Soraya is someone you need in your life at all times! She went above and beyond through out our time together. Words cannot describe how grateful we are to have had her with us for our Wedding. She was on top of it all, if we missed something or needed more information she was on it! I wouldn’t wait too long to book her she is a MUST! An absolute Queen. Our wedding couldn’t have been what it was with out her! Thank you again Soraya, we love you!

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Sophia

Sophia Barbinis Toder · Married on 07/05/2019

Fantastic!

Soraya is absolutely amazing! She was so helpful throughout the planning process and truly brought our vision to life on the big day. She created the most beautiful floral arrangements and was extremely generous with decor she already owned. We are so grateful to Soraya for her beautiful work and feel very lucky to have had her! We highly recommend her services.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 04/06/2019

Soraya made our day so stress free!

I was sure I wouldn't want or need a wedding coordinator. I'm very organized and received a lot of help from my fiance and mom during the planning process. However, we ended up deciding that having someone onsite day of would be helpful. Best decision we made during the planning process was hiring Soraya! She helped us think through all the little details, asked great questions to get us thinking about the day and went above and beyond to make sure all our vendors were set to go. Soraya and her assistant Lisa ran the show during our wedding and it freed us up to just enjoy the day. I cannot thank them enough!!

Sent on 04/27/2019

Joshua Velandria · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing!!!

We are so blessed with our wedding!! Soirée made our wedding a beautiful story to Remember every single day! Everyone talked about how extravagant all the decorations of our beach themed wedding were! Soirée worked so hard to make sure that we got what we wanted for our decorations, color schemes, and props. She has an eye of a true artist and she is sooo much fun to work with! She truly went above and beyond for us and we will forever be thankful

Helury & Joshua

Sent on 08/03/2019

Channing Perea · Married on 12/14/2018

A perfect addition to our big day!

One of the best decisions we could have made was working with Soraya for our big day! She helped to bring the entire day together to make it more amazing than we could have imagined. She was professional, kind, and such a joy to work with!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Tammy

Tammy · Married on 07/07/2018

Incredible, experienced and empathetic partner

Soraya is not only an incredible partner but is one of the most genuinely loving and caring people I've ever come across. She exuded empathy and kindness and constantly showered us with wisdom. We really felt she went above and beyond to not only sure logistics were smooth and that our vision was executed, but always asked about how we were doing. It's SO appreciated amidst the stress! It's clear she's experienced in the field as she really helped us make the right decisions that best fit our needs and budget and guided us through the process very effectively. With very minimal guidance, she took the initiative to visit our venue, call our coordinator there and provided the most breath-taking arrangements I have ever seen. Not only was she so helpful in ensuring she worked with our budget, but her personal touches and style led to my all-time favorite boutonnières I've ever seen! I've been to dozens of weddings and I LOVED everything -- from our bouquets to the garlands she created -- it was perfect for our outdoor wedding and exceeded my expectations. I recommend Soraya to anyone. Seriously, you will have an experienced person to guide you and be there for support and is extremely reliable. Thank you Soraya for everything and being part of our journey!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Serena · Married on 01/19/2018

Soraya (the owner) is AMAZING to work with. She will take your budget and what you want and work it all out so that you actually get what you want within (and in my case under) that budget. And it was all gorgeous, no skimping at all on the details! I highly recommend her!!!!

Sent on 04/21/2018

Anne · Married on 10/28/2017

I would highly recommend A Soiree to Remember to friends and family! Soraya was wonderful to work with from the first moment I was in touch with her for my wedding floral arrangements. She worked with me to design pieces that was in tune with what I wanted for the different aspects of the wedding. Not only was she able to capture the ideas and look I was going for the wedding really well, but she also did it with passion and you can just tell she loves what she does. I also had to change plans on her at one point and she was completely understanding and supportive of the decision. It made me feel like she wasn't seeing me as just a customer but as if I was family and she was looking out for my best interest. I think her love for her job and genuine care for her clients is what allows her to be able to provide brides with excellent service and at a very reasonable price. I also loved her prompt replies...I'm pretty OCD about time so getting timely responses and making sure everything is organized is a big deal for me. Soraya was able to deliver on multiple levels and I would definitely recommend her to friends and family!

Sent on 12/21/2017

David · Married on 08/25/2017

Soraya was an absolute asset on and leading up to our wedding. She was the glue that held all the fine details together. My husband and I were absolutely thrilled with her performance for our special day. Her calm attitude and patient manner was quite refreshing amongst the stress of the day. A+ work all around. Her services are highly recommended!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Patrina · Married on 08/05/2017

It was beyond my imagination how beautifully my wedding came together.
    Of course the beyond perfect day that I was imagining would not have happened without having Soraya by our side. Soraya is the most detailed, kind and caring person. I know she genuinely cares for what she does and she loves what she does! I had imagined all these little details that I wanted for my wedding but didn't think that I'd be able to afford, after showing just a few photos she made everything I had imagined come together for less than my budget. Soraya thinks outside the box and really helped us save since we had a tight budget. She reassured me constantly not to worry and that she would take care of everything, she surely kept her promise.
    I had friends and family ask me throughout the day and even the month before if I needed any help but I couldn't think of thing since Soraya took care of everything for us! What also surprised me was that I had friends and family tell me that they were happy to see me looking stress free and I know that Soraya is definitely the reason I felt at ease. I consider myself to overthink and stress out about many little things. It's an amazing experience to go through an entire wedding day stress free!
    To me, Soraya is now more than just my wedding coordinator, she's a friend and I definitely will be referring Soraya to future brides and grooms!

Sent on 08/26/2017
  • Sheridan

Sheridan · Married on 04/24/2017

A good florist is priceless!!

Planning a wedding is a very stressful time of life, but having vendors that are reliable, communicative, punctual, creative, and kind are without a doubt what can make or break the experience. Soraya was absolutely amazing in her communication to me throughout the months of planning, always making sure that I knew that everything was going to be taken care of, which she proved that the week leading up and the day of. She was organized, on time, which was such a relief to my day of coordinator. Her arrangements were to die for. Guests and the venue's coordinators were raving about them even weeks after the wedding. Overall, Soraya is so unbelievably wonderful to work with and such a breath of fresh air!!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Joanyun · Married on 04/07/2017

Best wedding planner in Southern California!

Being young and naïve, my fianceé and I didn't know the first thing about planning a wedding and could've easily been taken advantage of in today's world of wedding-scamming. However, Soraya was quick to aid us in recommending the best deals in the San Fernando Valley for rentals, flowers, and food. She had the best connections!

In the course of our short engagement, Soraya exceeded our expectations with her communication, attention to detail, professionalism, and making us feel so confident in her ability to make our dream wedding a reality. The days we would sit down and vision cast and share ideas were some of my favorite- as an artist myself, I love her dedication to the details! She worked with us every step of the way and shared helpful advice and personal experience that made the planning process not only efficient, but fun! There might be a lot of seasoned professionals out there, but finding a gem like Soraya who will make your wedding experience enjoyable is priceless.

The work that she put into communicating with us, our vendors, bridal party and other coordinators was exceptional and gave us such a peace of mind throughout the process. I want to keep all of our e-mail correspondence just to prove to people that excellent planning is possible!

Wedding planning aside, the other wow factor is her passion and knowledge of floral design! She personally set aside time to discuss and help me handpick the florals for our table arrangements, decor and bouquets. My husband and I were so grateful for her background in this area of wedding planning because it saved us from spending a fortune on hiring a florist. This woman is truly the full package!

Thank you so much Soraya and A Soiree to Remember for making our wedding not just ordinary, but a beautiful and seamless celebration of love. It wouldn't have been possible without you!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Rachel · Married on 04/03/2017

I want to Thank Soraya and her team from the bottom of my heart. Soraya not only has one of the best personalities but she is extremely talented too. Everything for my Wedding and Reception was Amazing! I about fainted when I saw the restaurant. The design and flowers that she added...down to every detail. She has a wonderful sense of color and design. I had no idea it could even be that stunning. They set up everything just the way I wanted it and made any improvement's that needed to be made. It was So Unbelievably Perfect!! It's like she read my mind. Everything went so smooth. I truly can not Thank her and her team enough for everything that they made possible. I got to enjoy every minute of the day and BE in the moment without worrying about a thing. That alone is the biggest gift anyone could have given me. She made my dream come to life.
    You are a Wonder Woman Soraya! A sweetheart, an artist, and a designer. I am so lucky I got to work with you.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/01/2016

A Soiree to Remember worked with us every step of the way. She exceeded our expectations and more!! Our wedding wouldn't of been possible without the wonderful, amazing, talented, loving, patient, creative Soraya!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Kaylin · Married on 08/07/2015

If you want a wedding planner who is professional, caring, and makes you feel like you have been friends with her for years, A soirée to Remember is your girl. Soraya has such an eye for style, and loves every little detail in the making. She did my wedding back in August, and it Literally took my breath away and brought me to tears. She helped to turn my dream wedding into a reality. I just gave her a few ideas, and she transformed our wedding into a dreamy and romantic place. This is a woman you want to help create and make your wedding one that is unforgettable. Thank you Soraya for blessing me with a wedding that though I was on a tight budget, you made it look like a beautiful dream, one that I will continuously look back on with pictures and video!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Savanna · Married on 07/28/2015

It was truly a pleasure to work with Soraya from A Soiree to Remember for our beautiful wedding near the ocean in Los Angeles.

We had a few meetings with Soraya leading up to the wedding and she made our wedding process fun and easy! We knew we could trust her right away, as she was incredibly sweet and we could tell she really wanted to help us to have the wedding we desired. One thing that really stood out in my mind about her and her services was that, with just a simple questionnaire and meeting with her a few times, she was able to "hit the nail on the head" and help us to have exactly what we wanted for our wedding! I was so pleased with the way the decorations were as they were exactly my taste! With our budget, I thought that we might not be able to have the wedding I truly desired, but Soraya proved me wrong. :) My husband and I still say that our wedding was so much greater than we could have imagined and we were so thankful to have Soraya, as she was diligent to make sure that everything went smoothly so that we could enjoy our big day.

Soraya has many connections and is really knowledgeable concerning the wedding industry. She will point you in all the right directions to help you to have the wedding that you want! On top of that, you will simply love to have her around during your wedding process because she is so helpful and has such a sweet and pleasant personality.

We will be recommending A Soiree to Remember to anyone planning a wedding without a doubt. :)

Sent on 12/15/2015

Elia · Married on 05/15/2015

Soraya is amazing!! When I met with her I told her what I was imagining, and she made it happen. She is an honest person with an amazing heart!! I She has been blessed with a beautiful talent of making dreams come true.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2014

Soraya did my destination wedding, on November 1st. She was SO helpful in doing all of the research on venues, hotels, food, etc. Without her, fine tuning all of those details would have been a lot harder. She was absolutely wonderful! She has a gift of being able to do things well and efficiently, as well as make it fun. Soraya was very supportive and encouraged us with the creative freedom we needed to plan our wedding. Her ideas are spectacular! We still have people who are talking about how amazing our wedding turned out to be! She is also a good people person. We had some family drama, unfortunately, and she was able to navigate through everyone's feelings - making them feel appreciated, loved, and apart of everything. I highly recommend her. She is the number one event planner I recommend. Truly a gem!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Tiffany · Married on 09/27/2014

Soraya(A Soiree To Remember) was amazing! She is very sweet, honest, and willing to work with your budget. I conveyed what my vision was for bouquets, arrangements, and centerpieces and she surpassed my expectations! The colors were so vivid, vibrant, and beautiful! Our wedding day was beyond our wildest dreams and it was all because of A SOIREE TO REMEMBER :) :)

Sent on 10/20/2014