32 Reviews for A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings

Ceremony (1)
Full Planning (1)
Destination (1)
32 A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings Reviews

My husband and I were married last week by Kalona, the ceremony was everything we dreamed of. We are from Australia and we had no idea of the laws but Kalona assisted with everything, no question was annoying and she always replied straight away which was amazing. Kalona organized our limo, my bouquet and assisted me with all the paperwork we needed. I would highly recommend Kalona as she is such a beautiful person and is a pleasure to deal with. All we needed to do was turn up on the day and to be honest I felt like I had known Kalona forever. I loved the location she recommended, I can’t wait to see our photos. If anyone is looking to be married in Hawaii A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings is the place to with you will not be disappointed. Michelle & Rod

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I'm not one to write a lot of reviews. I'm writing this one because getting married is kind of a big deal and choosing the right people to coordinate such a momentous occasion can be a difficult decision—especially from 2,400 miles away. My (now) wife and I were looking for something simple and intimate. Kalona was the perfect choice for us.

Most of our correspondence before the wedding was through email and Kalona was always quick to respond to our queries and concerns. Once on the island we met in person and went through a quick rehearsal at our chosen site. That was when we knew we had made the right decision. Whatever stresses we felt were immediately alleviated by Kalona's warm and personable demeanor. We could also see that she is passionate about what she does.

When the day of our wedding arrived we felt comfortable putting our trust in Kalona's hands and following her guidance. She took every measure possible to ensure our ceremony was tailored just for us.

We chose Stephen as our photographer. He spent a lot of time with us before, during, and after the ceremony shooting photos. Stephen, like Kalona, was a pleasure to work with. I generally don't like getting my picture taken, but he made it easy and natural. Plus, he was receptive to all of our photo suggestions.

We are so happy we chose A Rainbow in Paradise!

Profile Picture DJ, 12/7/17, 1 Review
3.3

She gave me an excellent price and was willing to work with my budget. She was quick to respond to emails and to answer questions. She was on-time and seemed knowledgeable. I would have preferred she came to my wedding more professionally dress. I'm also disappointed she didn't take notes on what I needed her to do during the set up of my event. Since things were not left as I requested, guests and staff were confused. Also, my entertainers complained she was unfriendly. Lastly, she left the wedding early which was not part of our contract, from what I understood of our agreement. So my feelings are mixed. Overall though, I had a wonderful wedding, so that's all that matters in the end.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7524856, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My wedding was beautiful! I was so nervous because I live in Idaho and planning a wedding in a different state takes work even though it was a intimate ceremony. After speaking with Kalona my mind was at ease, flowers, photos, venue everything was taken care of and my husband and I was able to enjoy our wedding/honeymoon in beautiful Oahu.

Profile Picture Tamiko, 12/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We needed help setting up our last minute wedding reception with less 3 weeks to go and Kalona came through as an absolute miracle worker. She set up the perfect Hawaiian luau wedding reception for all my guests and family. She found us the perfect venue at Paradise Cove, hooked us up with awesome authentic Hawaiian food and amazing entertainment with great Hawaiian music and an incredible fire and dance show. Kalona made us feel so welcome with her aloha spirit and truly made our special day unforgettable. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Terence, 10/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Transportation

Sharon "Kalona" Ortiz was amazing. My husband and I wanted a wedding in Hawaii, but we were not sure how to go about planning it since we live in Houston. We found Kalona's website and gave her a call and the rest was history. She handled everything in regards to the marriage ceremony including the photographer and transportation for our 21 guests to and from our hotel (Westin Moana Surfrider Hotel) to the ceremony site at Waimanalo Beach. The service was excellent and she gave us plenty of options for different kinds of ceremonies and places to have our reception. We would definitely recommend her to anyone planning on getting married in Hawaii (Oahu). The entire process from start to finish was stress free which is exactly what we wanted.

Thanks again Kalona.

RV & JS

Profile Picture User7354881, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I had an absolutely wonderful experience using Kalona at A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings to plan our destination wedding on Lanikai Beach, Oahu! She made the entire process easy and was always helpful answering any of our questions throughout the entire planning process. Kalona executed every detail we wanted perfectly and performed a beautiful ceremony giving us our dream wedding! In addition, the Photographer, Hula Dancer and Ukulele Player that were part of our ceremony were fantastic and so friendly that they made you feel like you were family. I highly recommend using A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings if you are looking to get married in paradise.

Profile Picture Diana, 3/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Ceremony

I really enjoyed working with this organization. I had my vows renewed for my 10 year anniversary. The services provided were beyond exceptional.

Profile Picture User5537825, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kalona helped put together some of the logistics around our wedding at Waimanalo Bay in Hawaii. This included coordinating the photographer and arranging for a wedding cake as well as beach permit, flowers and chuppah.
We really appreciate Kalona's work in helping make sure our day was extra special.
Kalona was always responsive when we contacted her leading up to the wedding, and we were very happy with everything she coordinated. She was very helpful in providing recommendations for our wedding when we requested them.
We have no hesitation in recommending Kalona's services, as she was incredibly helpful and professional leading up to and on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kalona was the most wonderful wedding planner. From the very first time I spoke to her, she was polite, accessible, and patient. Wedding planning can be a very time consuming, stressful time in a bride’s life, but Kalona made this journey as simple as possible! The ceremony was absolutely perfect. I honestly couldn’t have imagined the day to go any smoother. Kalona has an amazing team of photographers, hair/make up stylists, musician’s and more. The cake was even stunning (and delicious) too! While doing research on weddings in Hawaii, I contacted many sites, but no other planner was as responsive as Kalona. I couldn’t be happier with our decision to go with Kalona and A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Daryl, 5/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our venue was perfect in every way. It was a memorable day full of joy.

Profile Picture User4608943, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband & I were married in Oahu last month and the hotel concierge assisted us with planning a simply wedding on the island via Rainbow in Paradise Weddings. Our wedding officiant, Kalona was awesome, she replied to all my emails and requests. She performed a beautiful ceremony, one that we will cherished for years to come. The photographer that was included in our package, Kristen from Hook Photography was just as awesome. The photos are fabulous. We highly recommend Rainbow in Paradise Weddings and had a very positive experience.
Mahalo,
J. Pozo-Valdes

Profile Picture Jeannette, 10/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

I was so happy to have our wedding with them! A wedding planner/officiant, Kalona was just amazing! She accommodated all our demanding requests and did everything perfectly!!!
The price she charged us was very affordable with high quality services and it would've been more if we asked somewhere else. A venue she used was really nice and all decorations, flowers, cakes turned out great! photographers and her assistants were very professional and just amazing.
Highly recommend if you are dreaming about a beautiful Hawaiian wedding!

Profile Picture User3719656, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.7

Our wedding day exceeded our expectations and many guests commented on how it was the best wedding they have ever been to.
From the moment we began communicating with Kalona we knew we had picked the right wedding planner. She was unbelievable to work with: emails were answered promptly and she really went above and beyond to answer questions and give suggestions. Kalona and her team do an excellent job. They know the vendors, the venue and the details that make a
Wedding and a Bride feel stress free, she took care of everything for us!

I highly recommend A RAINBOW IN PARADISE for any bride looking for a Wedding Coordinator on Oahu!

Thank you so much Kalona, we now have beautiful memories to last a lifetime, you helped make our day truly amazing!

Mahalo Nui Loa,
O & J

Profile Picture Oddessa, 2/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning

Having planned a wedding on short notice from the east coast,Kalona was fantastic and easy to work with.The wedding didn't turn out the way I had planned due to a storm....it turned out to be even better than what I expected! We are grateful for her quick thinking on changing locations,time,etc..The floral arrangements and cake were perfect and her vendors were very pleasant,accomodating and easy to work with as well. Mahalo!

Profile Picture Anne, 12/1/13, 2 Reviews

Aloha Kalona,
We would like to thank you very much for helping us to organize our wedding of November 16th, 2013 at Waialae Beack Park. For Pierre and me, it was a dream came true. All was perfect, so we will never forget it. We don't have the email of Rosemay Cuccia, our officiant, but I would like that you thank her for us. She was so kind and all of these words fitted with us even if we never met her before.
We only get good comments about our photos. Please apoligize me for my poor English because I am a french-speaking person.
Happy New Year!
Judith et Pierre, Louiseville, Québec, Canada

Profile Picture Judith, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We recently got married at Paradise Cove in Oahu and our day was absolutely perfect thanks to Kalona. I live in Australia so I had no idea how to plan or who to contact in Hawaii to help me but someone recommended Kalona and she made everything so easy and stress free. I LOVED our ceremony by Ryan Kalama and Kalona - it was simple and traditional but they are both so passionate that we really did feel even more in love on our special day. Mahalo Kalona for everything!

Profile Picture Dene, 9/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When we initially began researching Hawaiian wedding planners on the internet, Kalona at Rainbow in Paradise was the only one who responded within 24 hours. As it turned out, every email and phone call had a prompt reply. We are very happy and pleased with all the professionals (hair and make up, photographer, florist, musician and pastor) she supplied. Kalona, you're a joy to work with! Thanks for all you did.

Profile Picture Jennie, 5/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kalona from A Rainbow in Paradise planned our wedding for us and it was amazing. She gave us a lot of options to choose from for the event and great advice on anything that we weren't sure about. She was very flexible with our timelines and requests and very responsive to fluctuations in the headcount of our guests. Everything was coordinated via email, which can be a little scary for such an important day, but everything on the actual day exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect for us!

Profile Picture User3320750, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kalona and her staff were wonderful. After careful searching over the internet and reading reviews online, I chose to use A Rainbow in Paradise Weddings to plan my wedding (as I am from another state).

Kalona was always quick to respond and gave me exactly what I had requested. She drove us to different locations to pick the perfect spot to get married. She has been doing this for so long that she has lots of fabulous contacts and vendors that she works with. She also recommended to perfect place to have our reception and even had a "lighting guy" to put up colored Chinese lanterns from the ceiling.

Her company is fabulous in that it offers several a la carte options so you really can make your wedding as personalized as you want or as easy as you want.

The photographers that she works with are all fabulous. I ended up choosing JeanneMarie and the pictures were stunning. People still rave about them!

I would highly recommended this company for anyone looking to get married in Hawaii without the constraints of a hotel or venue. You can really customize your wedding into anything you want through her company and vendors. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lisa, 1/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Kalona and her staff exceeded my expectations planning my dream wedding. It was such a pleasure to work with someone so attentive to details and who was able to find the most amazing caterers, entertainment and vendors available on Oahu for our extensive and complicated event. Mahalo Kalona for making our day absolutely PERFECT!

Profile Picture Candice, 11/17/12, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

It was so nice to work with Kalona. Being from Ohio and trying to plan a wedding in Hawaii I thought would be hard, but I found this package and talked with Kalona and everything was already waiting for me when I got there. She answered all my questions promptly the whole time we were planning and even got in touch with us once we had reached the island. Everything went so smoothly and was exactly what I wanted. We both were very pleased with the way everything came out!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kalona is a dream to work with. She's so friendly and accommodating for all your bridal needs.

Profile Picture User2575183, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Planning

We used A Rainbow in Paradise to hire our officiant, and a firedancer for the reception. They were so perfect! The ceremony was short and sweet and Ryan Kalama had such a great energy and presence. He went with the flow, did an amazing job of feeling the energy of our guests and playing into that. It was the perfect Ceremony!!!
And the firedancer was SUPER AWESOME!!! He brought his whole family along with him, nd his kids got up and did a firedance, he taught us how to open a coconut, and the meaning of the coconut juices on our wedding, and he climbed a palm tree in 2 minutes!!! My friends are still posting on Facebook about it!!! LOL!!!
Mahalo to Kalona, Ryan, and the firedancing family for being a part of making my special day so perfectly magical!!!!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 4/20/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Sharon (Kalona) is an amazing wedding planner. She is very responsive, take every question very seriously and easy to work with. Throughout our experience we were really stressed out and every time we called her she put us at ease. We made lots of changes, adjustments and we added many things to our original package. I think other planners would not probably work with us with the amount of work we had! However, Kalona didn’t ever complain and made every effort to make us happy. She went beyond our expectation and everything went really smoothly. We were on time for everything. Our setup was perfect and as we expected! She made our wedding such a memorable day for us and our guests. Our guests were entertained by the music and Hula dancer. I strongly recommend her to anyone who is interested to have a very special Hawaiian wedding! Thank you Kalona for making my day very special.

Profile Picture shiva, 2/11/12, 1 Review