A Piece of Cake Event Planning Reviews

54 | Tallahassee, FL

54 Reviews for A Piece of Cake Event Planning

Lauren · Married on 03/28/2015

A piece of Cake and Kate helped us bring a vision to life. She kept us informed and was very budget-conscious.

Sent on 04/08/2015

Nichole · Married on 03/21/2015

Very helpful and prompt. Also very creative and willing to work hard to make your event special!!

Sent on 04/23/2015

We could not have had such an amazing wedding day without the help of Kate and the rest of her team from "A Piece of Cake Event Planning". They were so incredibly helpful throughout our entire planning process and the sense of ease I had from knowing that I could count on them was tremendous. Kate listened to what our vision was and helped us connect to vendors that could make this happen. Whenever something fell through on my end, she always had a really great solution ready to be utilized. If there was anything that did go wrong on the day, never found out because Kate and her team tackled it. Kate was very flexible in meeting with me whenever I was in town and stayed in constant contact with me. We are so thrilled that Kate was part of our wedding day and are so lucky to have had her help. Like I said, it wouldn’t have been possible without her. I highly recommend A Piece of Cake Event Planning for anyone planning a wedding!!!!!!

Sent on 11/20/2014
  • User4319260 · 2+ years ago

I seriously don't know where to start. Marlo and Kate are amazing!!!!!!!!
    Not only are they super responsive, super friendly, but they made my vision come true.
    They took care of everything, and I am forever grateful!!!!! The detailed timeline, the detailed layouts, the calling and organizing of my vendors are all things Marlo took care of for me.
    I am sad its over because I felt like these ladies were friends.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2014

Piece of Cake was an absolute pleasure to work with! Marlo and Kate were delightful, professional and made what wasn't, look incredibly easy. They stepped in as day-of coordinators at the last minute after our original person was unable to continue. What could have been an extremely difficult situation became an enjoyable event with their help. We worked primarily with Marlo, and her kind, gentle and competent demeanor was just what we needed at this time. However, both ladies were at the wedding, and their low-key but efficient presence was evident throughout. A Piece of Cake took care of everything that we needed from the rehearsal to the send-off and clean up after the reception. They were wonderful in every way and helped to make a beautiful event perfect.

Sent on 11/14/2014

My coordinator had such a sweet disposition and was someone I was really thankful to have on my wedding team.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Mary Beth · Married on 10/11/2014

Kate with "A Piece of Cake Event Planning" was absolutely amazing and so incredibly helpful throughout my entire planning process! I was engaged for two years and I booked her shortly after getting engaged. Kate was extremely helpful with coordinating and linking me to other vendors in the tallahassee area as I did not live near the area. Kate also grasped onto my vision very quickly and while that is important throughout the planning process, it is crucial for the big day as she makes decisions if something wrong were to occur. If something did go wrong on the day, I had no idea and did not notice either! Kate was very flexible in meeting with me whenever I was in town and stayed in constant contact with me. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and I can't thank Kate enough for all her and the rest of the company's help!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Christine · Married on 09/27/2014

Kate and her team were essential players in making our day extra special and smooth. They have an eye for style and elegance. I would recommend planners or at least day of planners to any bride...trust me you won't have time to do it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you Kate and Leslie for everything!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Sheryl · Married on 08/31/2014

Kate was very responsive, very professional, very detailed, and very pleasant to work with. The wedding party also enjoyed her easy-going demeanor in directing the rehearsal and wedding. It was such a relief for me, as mother of the bride, to be able to turn everything over to Kate the day of the wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Leslie · Married on 06/07/2014

I was overwhelmed with the details of my daughters wedding. Without "Piece of Cake" I would have been lost. Kate helped where I needed it and made everything run smooth, especially with a last minute addition of a tent for the reception.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Kate was wonderful to work with - I would recommend her to anyone planning an upcoming event!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Diane · Married on 05/31/2014

Kate & Leslie were awesome! Very personable & professional from start to finish:) would highly recommend them & would definitely use their services again!!

Sent on 06/08/2014

I had a wonderful experience with A Piece of Cake planning! I will definitely recommend them to my friends!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Bill · Married on 03/15/2014

Kare Pararo and team at "A Piece of Cake" were awesome. She was involved heavily from the beginning and brought many excellent suggestions to the table... early and timely, so that we were not overwhelmed by the decisions or the process. Very flexible, as the father, some dilemmas came up and she handled them expertly. She had a list of vendors that were the best. What was most noteworthy is that the drama level for this event, expected to be moderate at least, was extremely low, because WE DIDNT HAVE TO WORRY about anything, it was all handled. That allowed us as the family of the bride to just take it in and enjoy the moment. That was a very special gift. I would recommend Kate and team highly!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Debbie · Married on 03/15/2014

I recently helped with my nieces wedding and now understand all the details that only Kate/Wedding planner could have done. In my opinion, I would not do a wedding without her. Looking back, she, and "A Piece of Cake" made our daughters wedding perfect. Just ask "Honey Lake Plantation", Jeri, (Honey Lake Coordinator) Everything went smoothly and all had a great time. Good Job "A Piece of Cake" and Honey Lake Plantation

Sent on 05/26/2014

Bonnie · Married on 03/15/2014

These women were life savers and guided me through the whole process and I know I couldn't have done it without them! Completely worth it! I was able to relax and enjoy my day, no stress!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Haley · Married on 09/01/2013

Kate and Leslie were very flexible and were willing to work with my schedule. They offer great insight and knowledge into dealing with vendors and planning.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Dawn · Married on 08/03/2013

Kate and Lesley were wonderful. They made my daughter's day beautiful and stress free for both of us. Would highly recommend if you are planning a wedding to invest in their services.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Kate and Lesley are wonderful! Thanks to them, I was able to have a beautiful wedding that I had always dreamed of. Thank you!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Erica · Married on 05/11/2013

My wedding came out perfect and I am so glad that I had Lesly and Kate there to help with all the little details that I was overlooking. Although I was stressing out because everything was getting so close I was able to turn to Lesly with anything that I needed done. I would highly recommend having them plan your event, I would definitely use them again for any event that I have.

Sent on 07/23/2013

AMANDA · Married on 11/10/2012

Kate and Lesley were a pleasure to work with. They are very knowledgeable about the industry and know a lot of other vendors in town. This was very helpful when coordinating with all of our vendors.

Sent on 07/23/2013
  • User1720798 · 2+ years ago

I never knew how important an event planner was until I used these fine people. The stress of the day fell on me the groom. They were unbelievable. Even the smallest details were taken care of. From the rehersal to the day of the event they were "part of the family". You could not go wrong in selecting this business and it would be the best investment you will make. This would be true for any occasion

Sent on 07/15/2013

Jason · Married on 05/05/2012

Kate and Lesley saw me and my wife through the last month of our wedding planning. We had made most of the arrangements and done most of the planning ourselves. Picking vendors and venues was the easy part. Getting everyone to communicate and coordinate their responsibilities and activities in the correct order was much more difficult than we expected. Having Kate and Lesley to handle everything down the home stretch (and especially on the wedding day), made our big day as stress free as possible and ultimately very enjoyable for us and our families.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Mary · Married on 04/21/2012

Lesley and Kate did a fabulous job helping me with my wedding. They met with me multiple times. Went over any concerns. And on my wedding day I was less stressed knowing they were handling all of the little details. Thank you ladies for helping me create the wedding I always wanted.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Kasey · Married on 11/12/2011

Kate and Leslie were amazing to work with. They really went over and beyond and always with a smile on their face. I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. I was so very pleased with their service and hope to work with them in the future.

Sent on 12/06/2011

A Piece of Cake Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Kasey for your review. We were so happy to be part of your special day. It was a beautiful wedding and your were a beautiful bride.