A Piece of Cake Event Planning Reviews

54 Reviews for A Piece of Cake Event Planning

• Shelby

Shelby Young · Married on 03/14/2020

Hire them now!

Being an event planner myself, I knew I wanted to hire someone so that I would not feel the need to take charge at my wedding. My fiance (at that time) and I interviewed a few different wedding planners and he thought Kate was the only one capable to plan our wedding so I did not feel that I need to do things. And he was right! She took care of everything and made it a piece of cake. She worked well with both me and my mom in planning everything. She understood our style and even suggested things we fell in love with. Her knowledge and connection with vendors was so helpful! On the wedding day, she made sure that if something went wrong it was hidden from me and my mom until later when we could laugh about it. She isn't afraid to take control with vendors if they aren't up to par. For example, telling the band that the break was getting too long and they need to play again or having the bride's cake arrive looking like a hot mess and demanding them to fix it and bring another one in. I know there is so much more on our wedding day that she did to make it perfect that I don't know about. Everyone involved in the wedding loved Kate and working with her! Best decision we made was hiring Kate!! She made my wedding dreams become a reality!

Sent on 04/24/2020
  • Christie

Christie Cyrus · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful!!!

Kate was extremely quick to respond to my inquiry about their services and everything they provided! I had Becky from her team do my event and she was absolutely amazing. I did the "Friend of the Bride" package where she helped implement a timeline and events the day of, but she truly did way more than that! She answered every question I had no matter how small, and was always so willing to help in any capacity with vendor recommendations and decor help. From our emails back and forth, our meeting before the wedding, and our day of she was FLAWLESS! I would think of something the day of and she either had already taken care of it or was extremely accommodating to make it happen! Love love loved working with this company!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Taylor · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot begin to explain how happy I was with Kate on our wedding day! Kate and her team made sure our wedding was absolutely the "best day ever." The wedding planning process was so smooth and it was completely stress-free. We felt at ease because of A Piece of Cake. I cannot imagine our wedding day being as amazing as it was without APOC Event Planning.

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • W

william · Married on 04/29/2018

Kate and her staff were very professional and helpful. Can’t imagine the wedding without her.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Charleigh · Married on 04/14/2018

Kate & Becky are a dream team! They made all my ideas become a reality! I still feel like I lived a dream! Thank you for making my wedding day so stress free & run so smoothly!!! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Skyler · Married on 04/07/2018

A Piece of Cake's Becky McCrea is the best wedding coordinator out there.

Never once did I want, need or feel anxious for anything on my wedding day. With Becky at the helm, our wedding day was seamless. She was faced with the challenge that due to the weather, our ceremony space needed to be transformed into our reception space in a very short amount of time. She was not even phased by it, and rose to the occasion. As my pictures were being taken, Becky and her team made the transition seamless, and almost unrecognizable as the same venue.

She made sure to check in with me and keep me on a timeline without being there too frequently, she hosted our rehearsal filled with some rowdy groomsmen with absolute ease and professionalism, and navigated a truly incredible weekend.

Becky, thank you so much for everything! You and your team are outstanding, and we are endlessly grateful.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Stephanie · Married on 03/17/2018

Kate and her team were terrific! They set up everything perfect and made sure everything was timely. My wedding day would not have gone as well without them! I would highly suggest Kate and her team to anyone planning a wedding, A day of coordinator is a must for your big day!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Meghan · Married on 12/24/2017

A piece of wonderful cake!!

Kate was very responsive, and executed my vision perfectly! She directed other venders where they needed to go or to move their equipment to ensure everything went perfectly! I am so thankful she was there to coordinate on such an amazing and special day!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Maria · Married on 11/18/2017

Kate had the answer to everything and was completely calm and professional. I had multiple people comment about it being the most smoothly run wedding they had ever been to. Her and her assistants we so sweet and helpful and I couldn’t imagine it being as beautiful and smooth sailing as it actually was. Thank you a million times over for helping us plan and execute the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 11/20/2017

David · Married on 11/18/2017

Kate and crew were great! Everything went according to plan, and resulted in no last-minute stress for me the day of. I highly recommend this company for wedding planning needs.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alyssa · Married on 11/04/2017

Becky was incredible!! With her help, our day was perfect!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Margaret · Married on 05/20/2017

Kate and Becky were fantastic and truly help us create the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Charleigh · Married on 04/14/2017

Had them most wonderful night thanks to Kate and Becky! They made the night flow so perfectly and allowed me to be present with all my guest! They took care of everything and made my wedding a dream! Would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Sandy · Married on 03/19/2017

Kate is an excellent choice for wedding planner. She provides excellent service, is extremely professional and gives great suggestions. Would highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Kendall · Married on 04/30/2016

Kate and her team did an amazing job! She was able to thoroughly understand everything I envisioned and the day was smooth and perfect!! Thanks again APOC!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Delia · Married on 03/05/2016

i have no idea what we would have done without Kate and her team! We did not exactly have a vision of what our wedding day would look like, but Kate was extremely patient with us and offered suggestions and advice along the way. She coordinated with all of our vendors leading up to the wedding and it could not have gone smoother. Most of our decorations were from her rental inventory, including some of her beautiful farm tables and benches. We got so many compliments on the decor and we just kept saying, "It's all thanks to Kate!"

Sent on 03/26/2016

Brian · Married on 03/05/2016

Kate, with A Piece of Cake Event Planning, exceeded all of our expectations and my wife and I could not be more pleased with the services she provided. Kate took all of the stress out of our big day and ensured that everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend A Piece of Cake Event Planning to all couples planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Becky · Married on 01/02/2016

Kate and her staff did an amazing job putting together all the final details on my wedding day!! Her professionalism and attention to detail put me at ease; I felt 100% comfortable with her taking the wedding into her own hands while I got ready on my big day! I would absolutely recommend her to others!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Becky · Married on 12/27/2015

Kate and her staff were such a big help on my wedding day!! Would give more than 5 stars if I could!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Rebecca · Married on 08/29/2015

Kate was a blessing! She is so easy to work with and very professional. She went above and beyond. She also responded very quickly to my emails or phone calls which is great for a worrisome bride. I enjoyed our meetings and she came through with everything I had asked for. My wedding went off without a hitch! Her and Becky did an excellent job the day of the wedding! I would definitely recommend A piece of cake event planning for any event.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Christy · Married on 08/09/2015

APOC was wonderful! Kate was meticulous with assisting us with all of the details and she made amazing recommendations on decor that everyone at our wedding loved! We were clueless going into the process, and having a 2 bride wedding was definitely a challenge. (We are a same sex couple). Kate was able to listen to our vision and help connect the dots with the details we didn't know we needed to know.
    On the day of our wedding she executed everything flawlessly. APOC made sure Kim and I were able to be in the moment and enjoy our wedding.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Cathy · Married on 04/11/2015

I purchased the something borrowed for my daughters wedding. We went over all of our ideas and Kate gave some suggestions. We had a majority of decorations bought and /or made, we did go with most of Kate's suggestions. All of her suggestions ended up making the wedding day run very smoothly (except for the rain that day). Kate and her team decorated and cleaned up. When we had to switch gears and have the wedding inside (at Goodwood), Kate and her team pulled it together very seamlessly. I feel like this was my husband and I's best purchase for the wedding, we were pretty much not stressed and had a blast at our daughter's wedding because Kate took care of everything that day. It was worth every penny.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 04/03/2015

I ended up planning my wedding long distance, and it wouldn't have gone off nearly as well had it not been for Kate Pararo and her team. Even though Kate was originally hired to be our day-of coordinator, she helped me so much leading up to the wedding as well. She worked with me to organize my vendors and my timeline, and she saved a lot of my sanity!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Taylor Anne · Married on 03/28/2015

Kate and her team are incredible! They worked hard to make our wedding everything we wanted within the budget we had to work with. Kate is creative, professional, and we would not have been able to do this without her. I highly recommend A Peice of Cake Event Planning for your next event!
    We planned our wedding over the span of 15 months and even changed the date. Kate became a part of our family and worked hard to make our dreams come true. We love you!

Sent on 04/08/2015