A Monique Affair Reviews

A Monique Affair 7
  • Anne

Anne Nash · Married on 09/28/2019

Top Notch Planning and Execution

Chanda and her team were amazing. Chanda helped my daughter and her bride-to-be all through the planning and design process, and was always enthusiastic, informative, and helpful. She didn't blink when informed that the ladies wanted a "chic geek" wedding--and went on to help them bring that vision to life. The wedding was full of personal elements that reflected the "Kingdom Hearts" theme, but never strayed from being tasteful and elegant. My 94-year-old aunt thought it was the most beautiful wedding she had ever been to.

Chanda helped us find many of the important vendors--flowers, invitations (and signage), DJ, pie (no cake for these brides), and more. Our monthly zoom meetings and regular emails kept everyone on track (no easy feat with my ADHD daughter), and the team on the day of the wedding was amazing--no detail was overlooked, no issue (there weren't many) wasn't resolved smoothly and immediately.

I found "A Monique Affair" via the internet, and I am so glad I did!
    When my daughter and her bride made that first call, the connection was immediate, and lasted throughout our time together. The fee was well worth the peace of mind Chanda and her team gave us--we could just enjoy the wedding, and we did!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    A Monique Affair 8
    A Monique Affair 9
    A Monique Affair 10
    A Monique Affair 11

shannon Carter · Married on 08/01/2019

Chanda is the best!

We hired her for my daughter's wedding and she exceeded our expectations. She's calm and cool at all times, full of great ideas, and very detailed oriented. My nephew is getting married next year and we plan on hiring Chanda as soon as he sets a date.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Elly · Married on 05/11/2019

Best decision!

Chanda, Syrhonda, and their team were a complete life saver. They were such a pleasure to work with, from start to finish. They were timely, professional, and extremely efficient - making sure to bring our vision to life. Oh, and they're so incredibly kind!

I was more on the indecisive side, and if left to my own devices I would have pushed every decision to the very last minute :) But the AMA team kept us on track with the most gracious attitude. My parents in particular were apprehensive about pretty much every detail, all of which was alleviated by Chanda and Syrhonda's expertise and calm demeanor.

I got so many compliments from guests on how smooth the evening felt - they noticed that all the details had been handled with care. All of our decorations were set up and perfectly in place. Guests were guided to the right places at the right times. Everyone was well fed and enjoyed the evening without worrying about logistical things. I was even thanked for greeting each of our guests individually -- a plan the AMA team helped us prepare for and execute!

I am forever grateful to this team! Without them, I would not have been able to enjoy my day as much as I did.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Tammy Taura · Married on 05/11/2019

They made our day joyful and worry-free!

Our daughter selected A Monique Affair because Chanda is experienced and our daughter and son-in-law felt great chemistry with her from the beginning. Syrhonda was our wedding day director and was amazing from beginning to end! Our daughter and son-in-law chose all the venues and vendors, we contracted them together, and A Monique Affair had a system for us to upload all the contracts. My husband and I don’t live in CA, so it was so convenient to able to look at all the contracts on our phones and not drag my huge wedding binder with me when we were in town. Syrhonda reached out to all of our vendors and made sure she knew who the contacts were in preparation and on the wedding day. She dealt with my MOB nerves and concerns and gave us complete confidence that she had a handle on everything and would be able to tackle anything that came their way. When I was anxious, she was calm and joyful. The ceremony was at the UC Botanical Garden and the reception was at the UC Faculty Club. Syrhonda was particularly helpful because she works on the UC campus and has detailed knowledge of parking requests and university requirements. A Monique Affair has done many weddings at the garden, so they have a great working relationship with them. Syrhonda orchestrated our rehearsal beautifully. She even had contacts at the Graduate Hotel, and they made us feel so welcome, accommodated and celebrated!

A Monique Affair has another system online that helped our daughter track RSVPs, drag and drop guests into table assignments, and a checklist to keep us on track and make sure we weren’t forgetting anything. This system had a timeline for the rehearsal and wedding day. It was so convenient for us to check it on our phones / computers for reference and then communicate to the bridal party, family and friends what was happening and when.

On the wedding day, A Monique Affair had event techs at our two hotels and both event venues, and Syrhonda was supervising everything. We had Kimi with us all morning as we got ready. She was fun and ready to help whenever we needed her. There were unforeseeable issues, as there will be, that came up - timing of food delivery while I was getting my hair done, one lost bus driver, a last-minute parking request, and even scissors to cut off tags at the ceremony. I never had to worry because the team handled it all with grace. They had smart watches and phones to communicate with each other all day. They were never flustered and I could be present and completely enjoy the day. Bailey was at the Faculty Club all day from event setup to cleanup. They made sure we knew where and with whom everything was going after it was all over.

I don’t know how we could’ve done it without the whole team. They were extremely professional, genuinely nice and really fun to be with. Thank you for making our day special and so memorable in all the good ways!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    A Monique Affair 12
    A Monique Affair 13

Chantale Dasher-Williams · Married on 08/18/2018

A Monique Affair created a timeless and elegant wedding that our guests still are raving about!

A Monique Affair is a life saver! I am someone who is always prone to stress and planning a wedding was an overwhelming experience. We were so happy and grateful to have discovered A Monique Affair; a company that prides itself on creating impeccable, timeless weddings. Chanda took the time to understand our personality and vision for the wedding. She wanted to know everything about us from our favorite song to the type of personality our parents had. This extra step of truly getting to know us made the wedding planning experience very enjoyable. We really didn’t want the overall experience to end, but Chanda is such a warm and caring spirit that we have continued to be friends with her even after the wedding!

The wedding day was flawless! Chanda is probably the most punctual person we have ever worked with and it showed the day of the wedding. All the vendors were on time and knew exactly where they needed to be. The day ran so smoothly. Four months later, our friends and family are still saying that it was THE BEST WEDDING they have ever attended! Chanda surpassed our expectations and we are thankful that she was a part of our milestone.

Sent on 12/16/2018
    A Monique Affair 20
    A Monique Affair 21
    A Monique Affair 22

Katy · Married on 07/20/2018

Chanda Daniels of A Monique Affair is a phenomenal wedding planner! She was receptive to our ideas and feedback, while also guiding us and suggesting wonderful vendors. She has an immaculate eye for detail and design while also being able to hold the big picture and overall experience in mind. She is organized, punctual and a clear communicator. We would highly recommend A Monique Affair to family and friends.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Rebecca Keller · Married on 07/08/2018

Wonderfully Personal and Professional

Chanda and A Monique Affair did a wonderful job supporting my spouse and I through the wedding planning process. We felt sooo cared for the whole time! Chanda also connected with our wedding vision and executed it with grace and care. She also took the time to make a personal and professional connection with all our vendors! At A Monique Affair, we felt a high level of responsiveness and professionalism. Chanda and her team are personable and kind too. They feel like family now! Our wedding day would surly not have been the same w/o Chanda and her team by our side!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Tayyibah · Married on 06/21/2018

Chanda and her team are ABSOLUTELY amazing! Chanda is very professional, organized, and timely. She has a sweet and humorous nature but is also realistic when it comes to budgeting.

She is very supportive and is an expert in the emotions that can run wild in the wedding process. She has a great eye for design and detail.

We loved her enthusiasm about weddings and everything to do with them. It's amazing working with a company that loves what they do.

Our guests gave many compliments the day of the wedding on how organized, smooth, and gorgeous our special day was.

I'm so happy we chose A Monique Affair.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Liesa · Married on 10/28/2017

When stress and anxiety crept in, Chanda was there with her calming demeanor to lend a hand, a listening ear, and helpful expertise advice. She went the extra mile for my us to make our daughter’s wedding a glorious day.! We thank God for her and her team!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Craig · Married on 08/12/2017

Our wedding, to put simply, was perfect and this was because of A Monique Affair. Chanda and her team were able to help my now husband :) and I create a vision for our wedding that fit us as a couple. She then was able to find vendors that could execute that vision without any flaws. Finding good creative partners was especially important to us as we had already experienced some hesitation with other vendors when we explained that this would be an LGBT wedding. Chanda's 20 years of experience helped us avoid any issues and we got to interview and work with only the best the Bay Area has to offer. Every vendor she recommended and we worked with was professional and a joy to work with.

Another important aspect of our wedding planning was ensuring that no one in our wedding party or family had extra responsibilities beyond just being part of the wedding. We invited our family, wedding party, and guests to celebrate our marriage and have fun. Chanda and her team made sure that every detail was taken care of including getting lunch and ensuring everyone looked their best.

If we could, we would give Chanda and her team a higher rating than 5. From the rehearsal dinner, the after wedding brunch, to the actual wedding, we honestly couldn't think of anything that would have made our special day and experience any better and this wouldn't have been possible without A Monique Affair. Trust us, you'll want a wedding planner and you won't find anyone better than A Monique Affair.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Laura · Married on 07/23/2017

The A Monique Affair team did a seamless job coordinating our wedding. They were a joy to work with and ensured that everything went smoothly and we had nothing to worry about the day-of!

Sent on 07/27/2017
  • Y

Yoav · Married on 07/01/2017

What can I say?! Chanda knocked it out the park! In helping us plan our wedding, she was organized, detail oriented, efficient, and extremely friendly. She even had a special skill for calming our nerves when wedding planning started to get the best of us. I feel that this is unheard of, but she did such a good job helping us planning that my wife and I were able to have a relatively stress and planning free week leading up to the wedding.

On the day of, she handled the execution perfectly. Our wedding ran smoothly and on schedule, and everybody was happy, well fed, and ready for dancing when the time was right. We really appreciated how she took on all the small (and big details) and allowed us to just be present on our big day.

I will definitely recommend A Monique Affair to any and all future or current life partners looking to find help with their weddings, vow renewals, or any other big events. 5+ stars all the way!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/01/2017

On the day of, she handled the execution perfectly. We hired her to do day of coordination for our wedding at a children's theme park. There were many moving parts but she and her crew were able to execute our vision well. Our wedding ran smoothly and on schedule, and everybody was happy, well fed, and ready for dancing when the time was right. We really appreciated how she took on all the small (and big details) and allowed us to just be present on our big day.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Betty · event on 06/23/2017

Working with Chanda and her team is an absolute dream! We've had her coordinate at least 4 events for my small non-profit, and they've all been spectacular. Chanda is able to work within our tiny budget, find us top quality vendors, and create the best decorated/designed events for our attendees.

Sent on 07/11/2017

T · event on 04/29/2017

Used a great software tool to manage project.

Provided great service.

Team was very helpful the day of the event

Sent on 05/24/2017
  • W

Wahid · event on 03/16/2017

A Monique Affair went above and beyond to help execute our vision for our event. Chanda and her team were an integral part of our planning experience, I can’t imagine an event without A Monique Affair’s help. We’ve worked with them multiple times in the past and have never been disappointed, on the contrary, we’ve been amazed at their level of professionalism, creative vision and expertise.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Ke · event on 01/20/2017

Top notch event planner. Self-managed, responsive, creative, amazing quality control, financially responsible, and comprehensive. Well done!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2016

My experience with Chanda of A Monique Affair, was PHENOMENAL. She went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect for our day.

Did I mention that I work in the wedding and event industry? Yes, I am a full time wedding and event coordinator myself. Why then, did I hire a wedding coordinator and not plan the whole thing myself? I hired Chanda as a day of coordinator, which means it was her job to wrangle and communicate with all my vendors, keep everything organized, write my day of timeline – essentially to keep the train on track. Knowing that she was taking care of all the knitty gritty details freed me to concentrate on my own clients as well as the design for my own wedding.

She was fantastic to work with – super supportive of all of my ideas and on the other hand wasn’t afraid to tell me when something wasn’t working. I bombarded her with texts and emails concerning linens, flowers, china, glassware, flatware, seating charts and layouts. I kept waiting for her to tell me that I only hired her for day of coordination and that what I was asking did not fall under that package. She never batted an eye. She always gave me an honest opinion, always had the answer, always had a quick fix to any problem. It was amazing to have another planner that I respected to bounce ideas off of. I know it made her nervous to work for another planner (we’re honestly the hardest clients to please) but she never let it show. Her confidence, organization, communication and poise kept me calm throughout the entire planning process. I’ll always be grateful to her.

The bottom line: if you’re looking for a planner who cares about you having the best wedding possible, who has a vast network of contacts and resources, and someone who will bend over backward to make sure your wedding is perfect, look no further than A Monique Affair. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Russell · Married on 10/08/2016

Chanda helped us to organize our wedding. Words can't describe the level of service. It is simply the BEST!

Sent on 10/13/2016

D · Married on 09/10/2016

Chanda was super helpful, informative, responsive, and professional. Her staff was great too!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Rich · Married on 09/03/2016

Chanda knows her stuff.

She has curated an impressive network of high-quality, professional vendors. As we planned she would offer multiple options along with pricing of each choice.

She has an eye for design; paired with a find tuned ability to deeply listen and gleen the concepts and themes of her clients (even when we were not so certain what it was we were looking for).
    Chanda was generous with her indights and experience; sharing an idea and/or opinion wherever was helpful - while never pushy nor biased. She is also very personable, friendly, and accessible. This was invaluable during the planning process when benchmarks and deadlines can feel stressful. She was always there to guide and remind and answer questions whenever needed.

All the coordination efforts were stellar. Waking up the day of the wedding and having no doubt that everything was going to run smoothly - with Chanda and her team - was a fantastic feeling. They made it possible for our attention to be on what was most important for us that day: celebrating our love & wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Karen · Married on 08/27/2016

Chanda and Kristy helped make our wedding a success. They were incredibly responsive, kind, and compassionate. They offered a lot of helpful advice. Chanda and Kristy helped me feel that I was not alone in my wedding planning. They were one of the best wedding investments we made!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Aruna · Married on 08/27/2016

Chanda was amazing throughout the wedding process! She was always readily available to answer questions, give suggestions and just generally be a source of support throughout the stressful wedding process. She was also great about making my vision of my wedding day happen by listening to what I wanted and working hard to make all the pieces come together. The day of the wedding, her team did an incredible job making sure everything ran smoothly and our guests were taken care of. I am so glad I hired her, it was one of the best decision I made in the wedding planning process!!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Ja'Nina · Married on 07/17/2016

Chanda and her team helped make our day very special. Her pre-meetings were very effective and gave us a lot of insight into wedding details we had not thought about. Beyond her professionalism and organizational skills, Chanda is so warm and loving that it made us feel safe leaving our wedding day in her hands. Our wedding day flowed seamlessly because Chanda made sure everything moved on schedule- to the minute. We can't wait to work with Chanda again for future life events!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Brooke · Married on 07/14/2016

You NEED A Monique Affair.

Chanda was our day of coordinator and helped us pick a venue for our wedding. She also helped us plan our budget.

Chanda is the ideal wedding planner! She's organized, patient, kind, caring and has beautiful and positive energy.

Chanda utilized Basecamp to coordinate with us as clients and it was a great place to keep everything that was pertinent to planning, it was also a hub for our communication -- making it easy to remember things that we discussed.

We were definitely on a budget and Chanda found us a beautiful and incredibly affordable venue for our wedding -- one I would never have known about otherwise. She also presented us with many options and helped us think creatively about how to conserve our resources. Additionally, she effectively negotiated with the site to reduce our final costs with additional amenities and time (something I would probably be too timid to do for myself).

Chanda is extremely patient -- I'm definitely an anxious person who is prone to procrastinating on things that amp up that anxiety -- like planning a wedding. She was encouraging and gave me useful tools to work through the planning process on my own (since we hired her for limited services). Though I was planning the bulk of the wedding myself, she was a great sounding board and provided us with names of vendors she's worked with in the past.

Chanda was a huge stress reliever as a day of coordinator -- I didn't have to worry about a thing, her team was totally on top of everything. I could truly sit back and enjoy the day. She's a perfectionist who truly understood our style and what we wanted for the day, a breezy, unique wedding that didn't stick to all the rules. She supported our vision and I'm not sure what we would have done without her. Many of my friends have said it was the best wedding they've ever been too,

Sent on 08/05/2016