A Little Imagination Cakes Reviews

A Little Imagination Cakes 6
A Little Imagination Cakes 7
  • Christal

Christal · Married on 10/21/2011

We are so glad that we found Hope and A Little Imagination Cakes. We were losing hope that we would find someone that would get our theme for our wedding since we had visited with 3 other bakers that were very ho-hum about it. Our theme was Walt Disney Worlds Haunted Mansion. When we met with Hope for a consultation and tasting, not only did she know what it was but she had also researched it and had pictures loaded to her computer. She was the first person to be excited about it. Hope helped us pull together what elements we wanted to highlight and how they could be done with cupcakes. When we left Hope we finally had a good feeling that someone “got” us.

When we saw our cupcakes at the wedding we were amazed. We never could have imagined that someone could do such awesome decorations on cupcakes that were spot on with our theme. Not only were they beautiful but they tasted amazing, the whole room that they were in smelled like chocolate and peanut butter. The chocolate cake was moist and flavorful, and the peanut butter ganache was creamy but didn’t overpower the cake.

I would definitely recommend Hope to anyone having an event in Connecticut. She was super reasonable with pricing and delivery for us.

The only thing I wish was that Hope had a store front so I could go there every weekend and get cupcakes from her all the time.

Sent on 11/13/2011

Bevin · Married on 09/10/2011

We had high expectations of Hope and our wedding cake and she exceeded them by far. Not only was our cake beautiful to look at, it was delicious to eat! I would definitely recommend Hope and would love to have the chance to work with her again!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Mary · Married on 08/26/2011

I really enjoyed working with A Little Imagination Cakes. This team is very talented and easy to work with. You won't find a comparable cake artist in CT with such good pricing. Hope sat with me and sketched out the cake I was dreaming up and made it come to life. I went to another very high end cake artist who wouldn't even draw the cake unless I put money down and kept bringing up how more details would cost more. You can tell this bakery does it for the love of creating cakes. And the taste..amazing. I got a white chocolate raspberry for the wedding cake and chocolate for the grooms cake. Both cakes were delicious and best of all the fondant was amazing.. melted in your mouth and tasted like candy. If you are looking for a cake that is special and memorable, check them out.

Sent on 09/21/2011
  • F

Fran · Married on 08/06/2011

Hope was awesome! When we met with her we had one pretty vague idea and she turned it into exactly what we had imagined. The cake flavors are very creative and delicious and cover a wide variety from traditional to non-traditional. We chose "Thai Iced Tea" and it was fantastic! We highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes to everybody for any occasion. We will definitely be going back for future occasions of our own!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Adrienne · Married on 07/09/2011

Little imagination cakes was amazing!!!! Even though our vision was nothing short of strange, they exicuted it perfectly and I was exactly what my husband and I wanted ;). They worked well with our wedding planner and had the cake there and set up with time to spare. They were more than perfect. I will use them again for functions and would recommend them highly.

Sent on 09/21/2011

Theresa · Married on 08/21/2010

Last minute my husband and I had a bit of a glitch in our wedding cake toppers. I frantically looked around online for something, and came across a little imagination cakes. I emailed them with our dilemma, and got a response from Hope, stating it was no problem, she could make the cake toppers with no problem. We sent her a picture of what we wanted, whch was 2 penguins dressed as a bride and groom. She said it was no problem, and she would have them ready in time, despite the late request. We picked them up the day before our wedding, and they were perfect! They were exactly what we had wanted, and as much as it pained us to eat them, becasue they looked so good, they were delicious too! I highly reccomend A LIttle Imagination Cakes for your wedding needs!

Sent on 10/04/2010

Jessi · Married on 05/01/2010

I first saw A Little Imagination Cake at a charity function. Hope had donated a cake to the charity, and the winner allowed it to be sliced up for eating. I hate cake so I did not get a piece. After some convincing, I was willing to try the cake and it was INCREDIBLE. Soon after that, I contacted Hope because I wanted a cake for my 30th birthday. We met, I did a cake tasting, I described to her what I wanted in a cake. Through the whole meeting she was very professional, and I was impressed with her as a person, I was impressed with her business, and I was impressed with her cakes. On the day of my birthday, she delivered the cake early, so I walked in to find the most beautiful cake I have ever seen in my life. It was better than I ever could have imagined a cake being. I started to tear up as soon as I saw it. Everyone at my party was impressed with the beauty and later the flavor of my cake. Hope did not make me the cake of my dreams. The cake of my dreams was drab and boring compared to what she did for me. Hope took the cake of my dreams and made it so much better. I can't thank her enough.

Sent on 05/06/2010
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/25/2016

We got our wedding cake from Hope. It was probably the most delicious cake ever and was so beautiful! The bottom of our 60 guest cake was hand painted with purple sugar flowers. The top, which is our anniversary layer, was a Tardis from Doctor Who. Our flavors were chocolate raspberry and cherry amaretto with an amaretto buttercream. The cake was wonderful, on time and perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything more amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Allison · Married on 05/15/2015

Hope is an amazingly talented artist on top of being an excellent baker. When we started looking for wedding cakes we had assumed that cake was just a check box on our to do list and that any cake would do. We had gone to several other cake shops and general bakeries who asked to see the pinterest image of what we wanted, but when we went in to A Little Imagination Cakes Hope asked us what our theme was and our ideas and inspirations. She then sketched out our wedding cake on the spot! For our tasting we had pre-selected several different cakes flavors, fillings and frosting ahead of time and then while at the tasting were able to try each individually so we could determine the best combination. We both loved the raspberry swirl cake with dark chocolate buttercream between the layers.
    Hope took our ideas and colors and created a beautiful design that matched our styles perfectly. We loved the end result and were so thrilled to have a truly one of a kind cake to celebrate our wedding with. We were told by many of our guests how delicious the cake was and many wanted more than one piece. Also the marshmallow fondant is as delicious as it sounds.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Mary · Married on 10/25/2014

I had such a great experience with Hope at Imagination. Our cake was incredible, and she pulled off a beautiful groomsmen's cake as well! Everyone was buzzing about our Halloween décor that was done so perfectly with this cake. It was the perfect amount of spooky and romantic. Thank you Hope!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

Hope and her team went above and beyond to create a beautiful arrangement of cupcakes for my wedding. Everything she did was even better than I could have imagined and it was all so delicious. I had so many of my guests saying how they couldn't believe how yummy and flavorful the cupcakes were. My husband and I will definitely be going back on our anniversary :)

Sent on 10/04/2013

Vonetta · Married on 06/22/2013

This company was a joy to work with and the quality of work was amazing. The owner is fun, creative and understand the importance of making your special day one to remember. I hope to do business with them in the future!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Meagan · Married on 06/16/2018

I was so very pleased about Hope and her work with our cake for one of our good friend's bridal shower. I had sent her a long email with my requests (it was a "Friends" related cake and I tried to be as specific as I could to ensure that it was what we wanted). Not only was she incredibly nice and helpful with ideas, but the results came out even better than I could have ever imagined. Well worth the hour+ drive to West Hartford. I will absolutely be going back to her for my next cake creation!!!

Sent on 04/21/2016

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Meagan! t was a pleasure working with you on this awesome bridal shower cake!

Jasmit · Married on 09/12/2015

Hope was amazing to work with! When we first met with Hope, we had a few ideas, but were not sure of exactly what we wanted for our reception cake. After brainstorming, getting our likes/dislikes, and a few laughs later, Hope drafted the perfect cake for us. Hope was able to execute this into a beautiful cake for our reception. Multiple guests told us how much they loved the cookies and cream cake and it was beautiful! I would highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Steven · Married on 10/12/2014

Our cake turned out beautifully and exactly to our specifications. We received numerous compliments on both its appearance as well as how delicious it was.

I personally feel that the deliciousness is the most remarkable since a decorated cake is a balance between edibility and structural integrity - tasty cake is light, spongy, and moist - stable cake is dense, stiff, and dry. Often highly decorated cakes like wedding cakes prioritize stability and the resulting product leaves guests grateful for a sliver sized portion.

It's a frequent enough issue that when shopping around for a cake we considered the possibility of having a purely decorative cake and then feeding the guests using a sheet cake to avoid it.

Our 'A Little Imagination Cakes' wedding cake, however, fulfilled both the "look good" and "taste good" roles to an exceptional degree that had both of us quite pleased.

My one minor quibble would be that Hope, from what I can tell, is a very easy-going and laid-back type person. This can either be a blessing or a potential cause of worry given the temperament of the customer. If you have a neurotic bride like I did, you might find yourself having to make some calls just to make sure everything is on track. I can assure you that you needn't worry, but if your bride was like mine, you'll probably find yourself having to make that call anyways, 'regardless of what some idiot on the internet says'.

TL:DR - Overall, we rate the experience very highly and recommend this vendor. We had many flavors to choose from and the ones we picked were awesome. The cake was decorated exactly as we had envisioned and the price was far lower than the competitors.

Sent on 10/24/2014

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your cake and your experience with us!

Janet · Married on 10/12/2014

Hope was wonderful to work with. We gave her some ideas and she was able to able to create exactly what we were looking for. She made the process fun and stress free and our cake was not only beautiful but delicious.

Sent on 10/28/2014
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/08/2011

Hope was amazing! She really worked with us during our consultation to design something that was perfect for us and went with our theme. She was willing to try something she had never done before for our cake and hung it from a trellis. It was funky, amazing, gorgeous, and tasty! We got so many compliments on how good the cake was, and comments on how surprised people were that it was a real cake, hanging there.

Sent on 11/13/2011
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 05/15/2011

It was Hope's website that first got me excited about setting up a meeting with her. It was professional, whimsical, and FUN!
    After meeting with her, we cancelled our final cake appointment for that weekend, and booked her that night.
    I was not willing to compromise on look or taste, and Hope provided us with an extremely beautiful vintage style cake in our colors, that tasted WONDERFUL. We gave her some creative freedom, and she made our cake a work of art.
    Occasionally, I had a hard time getting responses via email, but I' sure if I would have picked up the phone, Hope would have been there to answer my questions on the spot. She is wonderful! We are hoping to take one of her cupcake decorating classes in the future!

Sent on 06/17/2011
  • Neuco

Alexandra · Married on 11/05/2016

3.5

Hope was amazing in making our dream cake come alive. It was beautiful and amazingly delicious. The only thing that could possibly have been wrong was thedistribution of flavours was wrong in the finalised product. But everything was so amazing, wer didn't mind.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Katie · Married on 10/18/2014

Hope was awesome. Super creative and fun. Delicious flavors. We did cupcakes and a topper. The cake tier we requeste became unavailable last minute and our rental fee was returned. She difficult to reach at times requiring follow up emails or phone calls but her quality of work was stellar.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Nikki · Married on 11/17/2012

Absolutely amazing cake for our rehearsal dinner. It was beautiful and exactly what I had wanted. Cake was a little dry in some spots but I think out of 22 people who had it only 2 felt that way so most pieces were delicious.

Sent on 12/23/2012

Nichole · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

Hope was great during our consultation. She really knew how to present her cakes, and also observe us as a couple to get a feel for what we wanted.

In the time leading up to the wedding, I felt our communication could've been a little better/more frequent, however that could've been more my fault being so busy with everything.

Overall, the cake was great and she brought our vision to life.
    I would recommend her to others!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Samantha · Married on 01/21/2012

Hope at A Little Imagination Cakes has big ideas and pulls through on all of them. Her creations are meticulous and detailed. The flavors are delicious, the cake light and moist. Absolute perfection and the perfect end to our reception.

Sent on 05/09/2012

s · Married on 09/04/2011

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

Cake was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. However, it was hard to get a hold of them; I emailed and never heard back from them. I tried to confirm with them before the wedding, never heard from them. They did show up with a nice looking cake so I was pleased Taste and flavor....ehhhh...was the greatest. I would use her again if I wanted something to LOOK nice but didn\'t care about taste.

Sent on 02/25/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2017

3.4
      0.5

My wedding cake came out amazing! We had a specialty cake incorporating both mine and my husband's passions. The outside of the cake was a farm scene because I'm a vet tech and grew up on a horse farm. The top was a day-time sky theme. The inside of the cake was night-time/galaxy themed because my husband's hobby is astrophotography. The cake looked amazing! Hope was able to make it look like there were stars throughout swirls of galaxy colors. My only complaint is that at the first consultation I was undecided about a cake topper, then a few months later I had emailed Hope and asked for two birds for our cake topper and she said it was no problem. The day of my wedding, the cake was delivered with no cake toppers and my caterer tried calling three times and no response, so we had to use flowers as a cake topper. The cake looked incredible and had enough to distract from the fact that it was only flowers sitting on top, but I was so excited for my little bird cake toppers (it would have completed my animal theme on the outside and the theme for my wedding was love birds) so I was sad they were never made and/or delivered.

Sent on 10/07/2017