A Little Imagination Cakes Reviews

A Little Imagination Cakes 7
  • Laura

Laura Hatchman · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful design, amazing taste

Hope was amazing to work with and produced a showstopper cake that was – to quote many of our guests – “the best we’ve ever had.” Even though it’s been almost a month since our wedding, we still have friends and family who rave about how delicious and stunning our cake was. We reached out only a couple weeks before our wedding date (our bad!), but Hope was ready to go and met with us right after we reached out. She quickly gathered all of our thoughts on design, and in just one sitting, she had sketched an astonishing art deco design that seamlessly blended our design preferences (not an easy task given the many photos from Pinterest we showed her!). Beyond Hope’s phenomenal artistry, her baking skills are unmatched. Each cake sample we tasted was the best we’ve had of that given flavor. We ultimately chose Funfetti, which all our guests appreciated. Our venue (Branford House in CT) was over an hour away from Hope’s shop, but our cake was delivered on time and in perfect condition. We can’t wait to eat our top tier in one year! Choose Hope to bake the best wedding cake you can imagine!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    A Little Imagination Cakes 8
  • cet2112

Cyndi · Married on 04/28/2019

Beautiful and delicious cake experience!

Hope was wonderful to work with! We had a great consultation and tasting with her, and the cake was more delicious and more beautiful than we could have imagined. It fit the theme for our wedding perfectly and it was so easy to share and come up with ideas that we loved and Hope could execute for us. Thank you so much for making the process so easy, and for being such an important part of our wedding!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    A Little Imagination Cakes 9
    A Little Imagination Cakes 10
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Deeeeelicious

A Little Imagination Cakes was great! The tasting was superb and the cake did not disappoint. We loved the decorations and the flavor options - the guests were raving about both the pumpkin cake and caramel mousse, and the strawberry cake with peanut butter mousse. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/11/2019
    A Little Imagination Cakes 11
    A Little Imagination Cakes 12
  • xtine

Christine · Married on 08/18/2018

I only need to tell you two things about A Little Imagination Cakes. (1) They made us a funfetti cake! (2) Neither my husband nor I got a piece because the guests ate it all. IT WAS GONE. I sincerely thought we would have extra since we have a few gluten free or dieting guests, but several went back for more. It was that good. I'm thinking of ordering a fresh mini replica for our anniversary next year just so we can have some!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    A Little Imagination Cakes 13

Hi Christine!

We are so thrilled you loved your cake (and sad to hear you didn't get a slice!) We'd be happy to make a you a replica cake for your anniversary next year so you can enjoy the FUNfetti!!

Brianna · Married on 06/23/2018

Hope is incredible! She worked with us to help create a small personal cake for myself and my husband. She fit our aesthetic perfectly, as she even ordered paper flowers to match my bouquet. She is truly talented, and the range of options she has are endless. She also has a huge variety of flavors. We have had her cupcakes and cakes at other events as well, and have always been blown away. We highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes!!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Dana · Married on 06/17/2018

A Little Imagination Cakes was amazing to work with! When we met with Hope for our tasting, we had planned to have our wedding in Bristol, CT, but we later moved our venue up to Amherst, MA. Hope was so flexible and was still willing to work with us despite having to travel further. Our cake was gorgeous (three tiered, marbled blue/gray frosting, and gold leaf), and was delicious (strawberries and cream with amaretto frosting)! A great experience all around!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lorien · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I were wed this past September 2017. We were incredibly lucky to find Hope and her A Little Imagination Cakes Bakery booth at a near by bridal show. WHAT A BLESSING!!
    Hopes creations are absolutely incredible. They are not just unique, but masterfully executed! Just as importantly, her cake and cupcakes no matter how big or how small are delicious, but MOST importantly is that they are ALWAYS moist. Even at the tasting, she made us mini cupcakes in a variety of flavors to pair with a full palet of mousse’s and buttercreams and whipcreams. These mini cupcakes were more flavorful and moist than the majority of full size “gourmet” cupcakes ive had anywhere else.
    The cake flavor selection is mind boggling! She has perfected recipes for a huge variety of really inventive flavors. We chose for our sweetheart cake flavor, coconut lime. It was amazing and I was eating it everyday for the week and half after our wedding. The last bite was just as tasty! I still daydream about how good it was. I intentionally over ordered by at least 2 dozen based on the number of guests we had. The only reason I got the 4 leftover cupcakes I had was because I had stashed them away as soon as Hope delivered them.
    Then there is the woman behind the delicious! A small business owner and sweetheart, Hope is not just unbelievably talented as far as baking delicious goodies and decorating them in a way that makes you triple guess whether those are real flowers on that cake or not, but she also loves what she does, and it really shows. She successfully strives to create a personal and memorable experience for you with her unmatched skills in the kitchen!! We very highly recommend Hope and A Little Imagination Cakes for any and all of your future baked good, spectacular event cake, or cupcake tower needs!!
    Hope also recommended the florist we ended up using for the wedding, who was just perfect!
    We really owe Hope a lot <3

Sent on 11/30/2017
    A Little Imagination Cakes 14

Ryan · Married on 07/29/2017

Little did we know when my husband and I were referred to Hope Butler by our photographer Carrie Draghi at the Hartford Wedding Expo, that we had just found the BEST baker in Connecticut. We had looked and tasted a couple of other bakeries, but nothing compared to what Hope had to offer. On our first visit and consultation she drew up a sketch of our ideas (which would later become our cake) and had so many wonderful flavor suggestions and options. On wedding day, our cake and cupcakes arrived on time and they were beautiful! Everything was so expertly done and flawless. It was almost to pretty to eat . . . ALMOST! Everything was delicious! We could not be more pleased with Hope and her amazing abilities. Truly a wonderful experience.

Ryan and Thommy
    07-29-2017

Sent on 12/28/2017
  • Z

Zack · Married on 04/23/2017

We were so totally amazed by Hope we can not believe our luck in finding her.

We walked into our meeting with her with no clear ideas, except that we probably wanted cupcakes, and we had some cake toppers from a family member. We left a half hour later with a plan that was perfect for our event and for us as a couple. It's like she knew us personally it was so well suited to us.

The finished product was even more amazing than we could have hoped. Beautiful with incredible details that I can't imagine how you make them out of edible products, and delivered exactly on time, exactly to specifications, etc.

Plus, she was so generous with us. Her prices we already very reasonable, and she did many things for us for free that I would have expected to pay for. Two cake flavors? No problem. Two frostings? No problem. Loads of extra details, building a new cake stand, setting up the decorations on our cake table, etc? No problem!

We will be pushing all our friends towards Hope, and looking for any excuse we can to get another cake from her.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Kassy · Married on 04/01/2017

Hope, I cannot thank you enough!! Hope is a sweet woman who's passion really shines through within her work. She has a genuine interest in creating a perfect, delicious masterpiece for any happy couple she meets with. Hope made my wedding cake dream come true and I could not be happier with the service I got. She was quick to respond, professional, passionate and dedicated. Thank you Hope so so much!! :)

Sent on 04/09/2017

Beautiful and delicious cake made to match our whole theme. Very easy to work with. Thank you!

Sent on 03/10/2017

justin · Married on 02/04/2017

My cake was more amazing than I could had expected!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Our cake was amazing! Hope did such an amazing job creating our vision on our cake. The silhouettes of us and the story on each tier came out so great. We loved how she combined our two favorite flavors of cake and alternated them on each tier. The cake was delicious and our guest loved it. They are still talking about it!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2016

Hope is incredible! With all the craziness that goes into planning a wedding, the cake/cupcake portion was by far the easiest part of the process!! Hope called me a few days before the wedding to confirm all the details and asked that I leave out all the decorations I wanted on the cupcake table and she would take care of the setup. I snuck into the venue a few minutes before the ceremony to have a few quiet moments and was blown away by how gorgeous the cake/cupcake table was. Her attention to detail was amazing. I wish we had taken more pics before our guests got into the treats! We couldn't have been more happy with her service!

Sent on 07/28/2016

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much Jen! We loved working with you guys!

Sarah · Married on 10/18/2015

I live in Colorado and was planning a wedding in Connecticut. Hope at A Little Imagination Cakes could not have been easier to work with. She managed to find time in her schedule over Christmas so that I could come in a do a tasting. Hope was very responsive to emails was always willing to answer a question or offer a friendly suggestion.

Her hard work and passion definitely comes through in her product. I had shown her a picture I was interested in for the cake design. She sketched it up and the final product looked identical to the picture. The flavor was amazing even though the cake was almost too pretty to eat!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

T · Married on 10/17/2015

In addition to 5 tier wedding cake, we requested 2 groom's cakes which were very much specialty cakes. We gave Hope Wright some basic sketches/ideas and she created perfection. Gave us chillbumps when first cake was delivered! The flavors offered are a wonderful variety and definitely made our choosing difficult! Go for the mousse! Very nice! And the red velvet was a favorite. The detail was extraordinary.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Samantha · Married on 09/25/2015

Hope was so wonderful to work with during our planning process. Not only do her cakes taste absolutely amazing, but she is so creative and willing to design anything you want. Our cake and cupcakes came out beautiful and just as we had imagined! I would highly recommend Hope to design your wedding cake!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/08/2015

A Little Imagination Cake and the owner Hope was absolutely wonderful to work with. From the first time I tasted her cakes I knew I wanted Hope to make my wedding cake. When we went for our consultation, Hope drew a beautiful sketch of a cake based off of my ideas and hers. I wanted lots of sugar flowers, and from my research around the area, Hope's were the nicest and cheaper than others. Our cake was very pretty and tasted amazing. I highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes.

Sent on 08/18/2015

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It was a please working with you and we are so thrilled you loved your cake!
  • User5419560 · 2+ years ago

Hope made us the perfect wedding cake! I'm still getting compliments on how beautiful and delicious the cake was one month after the wedding! Hope set up a really great tasting for us, did exactly what we wanted design and flavor-wise, and was incredibly easy to work with. I definitely recommend Imagination Cakes!

Sent on 09/08/2015
  • Christine Graichen

christine · Married on 06/27/2015

Our wedding cake was perfect... PERFECT! Hope did an amazing job... she even made it into a hexagon (LOVED!) for me. The guests RAVED about the cake... some even requested a second piece!! :) Thank you A Little Imagination Cakes!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Alexandra · event on 03/01/2015

My experience with A Little Imagination Cakes was perfect!

Hope is absolutely amazing and a true artist when it comes to making cakes. The cake and cupcakes for my sister’s bridal shower were beautiful and turned out exactly how I envisioned it. I chose three flavors for the cupcakes and a fourth flavor for the cake, all were out of this world! I received so many compliments on how delicious they were. Hope offered great advice in helping me design the cake and made sure we came up with something the bride would love. She is so easy to work with, very flexible and understanding. She was extremely professional throughout the whole process and any questions I had she always got back to me right away.

I HIGHLY recommend A Little Imagination Cakes for any special occasion, you won't be disappointed! Hope can create the cake of your dreams!!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Deanna · Married on 10/25/2014

From our first meeting to the delivery of our cake- Hope was fantastic to work with! Her professionalism, creativity and ability to create exactly what we dreamed of made our special day perfect. Everyone at the wedding commented on the gorgeous cake and then couldn't believe how delicious it was, too! Hope has certainly eared a customer for life with us! We could not be happier and would not change a single thing.
    Thank you Hope for making our dream cake!!!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/17/2014

From the first email, to our consultation, to our wedding itself, Hope Wright from A Little Imagination Cakes by far surpassed our expectations. We looked around for a while to find a cake decorator who would take our dreams and make them a reality. We were looking for a woodsy realistic tree-trunk cake.
    Our consultation was so easy. Hope gave us cake samples to try and it was sooo hard to pick just two for our cake (we ended up with Thai Iced Tea with vanilla icing and Devils Food cake with Peanut Butter Ganache). Hope asked us about our wedding theme, and what we wanted our cake to look like, and came up with an idea and quick sketch to show us right then and there. Her ideas brought our vision to life.
    The moment I saw our wedding cake in person, I was shocked at how amazing and perfect it came out. It looked like REAL tree trunks. Amazing! I did not want our cake tasting to end because the cake was so delicious. I could have eaten the whole thing in one sitting!
    We are so happy to have chosen Hope and her company for our wedding cake. If you are up in the air about hiring her, take my advice and DO IT! You will not be dissapointed!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/21/2014

There aren’t enough words to describe how thrilled I was with A Little Imagination Cakes and their work on my 9/21 wedding cake. I met Hope at the Hartford Bridal Expo last year and I was just floored by the beauty and detail in her work. I knew that she was who I wanted to make my wedding cake. I work in the art field and as a very detail-oriented person (and as a bride with cake pretty high on my priority list) I had very specific vision of what I wanted my cake to be. I wanted a bright, artistic, watercolor cake with ruffles, and Hope sure delivered. She was genuinely interested and excited in my ideas, and once she whipped out her shoebox of colored pencils to start sketching, I knew she was the perfect fit for me. Hope’s cake was very tasty and her prices were super reasonable for the level of artistic detail involved. She was easy to work and communicate with, was very receptive to my ideas and also offered her professional opinion. I decided to do cake and cupcakes because hubby and I loved too many flavors- we had red velvet/chocolate mousse, lemon/vanilla buttercream, and coconut/coconut. I was completely confident in her abilities, but was still amazed by how gorgeous AND tasty my cake was. Hope hit it out of the park—it was completely perfect. We got so many compliments on how fantastic the cake was. I highly, highly recommend A Little Imagination Cakes to any bride who wants a cake that is equal parts gorgeous and delicious.

Sent on 10/28/2014

A Little Imagination Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! We LOVED making your wedding cake!