A Guilded Wedding Reviews

29 | Brooklyn, NY

29 Reviews for A Guilded Wedding

Monica Burton · Married on 10/06/2018

Handled everything without a hitch

We hired Brina for our Brooklyn wedding earlier this month. We didn’t think we needed a coordinator until late in the game, but I don’t know how we would have done it without her. She asked questions that wouldn’t have occured to us, anticipated our needs on the day of the event, and was so easy to work with in the week leading up to the wedding. She handled the venue set up flawlessly and even manned our playlist. Our wedding was perfect, thanks in no small part to Brina. Thank you!

• Shani

Shani · Married on 10/15/2017

Brina from A Guilded Wedding is amazing! If you're stressed out about anything, just contact her right away and she'll take care of it. She's also very organized and punctual.

Eunice · Married on 09/16/2017

I highly recommend Brina for those who want a stress-free wedding. From the very beginning, Brina was extremely responsive and professional. Even though I had officially contracted her for the day-of services for the reception (help 10 days prior to the wedding date), she reached out a couple of months before to see if I had any questions.

The week of the wedding, we met up and as I showed her around my venue and gave her the to-do list, which consisted of which items I wanted where and which ones to pack up, etc., she took meticulous notes. I trusted her judgement and told her to use her discretion for any last minute decisions, and felt entirely confident that the day would go smoothly. The reception went very smoothly.

At the end of the evening, she packed up all of my belongings for us to take home. We accidentally left the boxes at the venue, and while we were en route to our honeymoon, she voluntarily reached out to the venue to help us get them back in our possession. She went above and beyond and was very responsive during this time, even though she was contractually no longer obligated to help us. From the beginning to the very end of my entire process of working with her, Brina was reliable and I recommend her highly.

carol · Married on 09/09/2017

this is from a "Mother of the Bride", who had the good fortune to find Brina.
    Brina's traits for this work are stellar, among which are the following:
    `practical, in an utterly professional way--w/time, w/correspondence (verbal and email), w/what she charges

`friendly and cheerful; reassuring and optimistic; but not overly so in a cloying way

`prompt, to a fault: with replies; with appointments; with day-of duties

`tireless

`even-keeled

`helpfully, thoroughly experienced

`seriously, i could go on...

we will send some photos as they become available. Thank You, Brina!

lindsay · Married on 09/03/2017

We hired Brina for day-of coordination and a few months of partial planning in the 6 months leading up to our events. We had a 220 person wedding and a huge field day event with 150 people the day before.
    Brina was crucial during the planning phase. She had excellent checklists and timelines for us to follow and ensured that every detail big or small was accounted for. Brina is exceptionally organized to the point where we were comfortable not taking notes during our meetings because we knew she was on top of it and would follow up with detailed notes and action items after every meeting.
    On the day(s) of, she jumped right in and started coordinating with the venue staff to make things happen whenever our direct involvement wasn't necessary. It felt like everything was taken care of and under control without us having to think or worry about a thing. Brina was very present and we noticed her presence throughout the day in a very calming way. It was clear every step of the way that Brina was extremely organized, prepared and capable.

Brina was also incredibly responsive. She would respond to emails within minutes and would knock out any follow-up items shortly after any meeting. On organization and responsiveness, Brina is off the charts amazing.
    Lastly, Brina was so warm, friendly, professional, and just an all-around pleasure to work with. We're so glad we found her and that she was available to work with us. We would choose to work with Brina again in a heartbeat!

Kseniya · Married on 08/27/2017

Initially I was hesitant about hiring someone I found on weddingwire that didn't have a ton of reviews, but I would not have been able to pull off the wedding I wanted without Brina. I had a very DIY wedding, that turned out to be more stressful than I ever imagined. At each meeting with Brina, I came in stressed out on the verge of anxiety and left calm and collected. Brina is very organized, professional, and knowledgeable. She was able to offer advice when I needed it most and helped me stay on track. I don't know what I would have done without her support. Out of all my vendors, I felt like Brina was the only one who was always in my corner. Not only does she charge reasonable rates but her services are worth every penny. Even though the planning process was stressful and I think eventually took a toll on both of us, she executed a beautiful wedding and was there every step of the way, even putting my veil on before the ceremony. It would never have come together the way it did without her!

Kristin · Married on 05/13/2017

I was recently married back in May at Battery Gardens, and wanted someone who could assist me day of with all tasks day of leading up to our reception, and who was also familiar with Battery Gardens. Enter Brina. We were married in May - the day it MONSOONED here in New York City - and Brina could not have been more on point. She kept me calm, helped with all of my bags, handed out umbrellas to our bridal party (and kept everything corralled while we did photos near City Hall/Municipal Building), kept my family who showed up over an hour early to the reception at bay, and made sure all of my vendors were paid/tipped out. She's incredibly responsible, organized, and a great presence to have with you day of. I'd recommend her without hesitation.

M · Married on 10/09/2016

This is a LONG overdue glowing review for Brina's wedding coordination skills. I contacted Brina a year + in advance of my wedding looking for a Day of Coordinator. I was convinced that since I had planned larger parties than my wedding, for corporate events, that I could handle all of this. I WAS SO WRONG. The emotional weight of a wedding is unique and there is no real way to prepare yourself. Brina was able to help get me back on track, talk separately with vendors, and outline what I had to get off my duff and DO, already. She was more than capable of handling thousands of dollars in cash tips (with a sign-out sheet) and at her discretion (which I completely agreed with- when she chose not to tip a crew that ran late and then lied about running late which caused every other set up team to be pushed back and run late). I was able to explain my werido family dynamics and weird DIYs I needed set up on the day of, in my place AND she packed up most of the things we asked to be packed up (I don't consider it her fault that the caterers chucked half of the votive holders, which we didn't really need back anyway since we got the other 150 of them back). I really don 't think she could have done a better job than I would have (had I not been the bride) and she EXCEEDED all our hopes and expectations and made our lives so much easier in the final home stretch, accepting all the vendor deliveries and keeping all the set up on schedule. She was worth every penny and we tipped her twice (she asked twice "Are you sure, because you already tipped me, so this must be a mistake" (Look at how honest she is!!) No, we just loved you so much, Brina and if we had more, we would have given you more.

You will not regret having her help you when you need it most. I know everyone is trying to stretch every dollar they have during wedding planning but she is WORTH IT and hiring her was the best wedding decision my husband and I made.

Natalie · Married on 07/10/2016

Brina was a dream to work with. I hired her for partial planning 8 months before my wedding at Battery Gardens in NYC, but I honestly feel like I had a full time planner. Brina jumped in whenever I experienced the slightest stress and was resourceful with every area of wedding planning. She kept me calm and oversaw everything, even communicating with my mom so I wouldn't need to deal with headaches. Brina felt like a trustworthy friend from day one, I hired her for the day of as well because after working with her I couldn't imagine my day without her. She did not disappoint and made my day go off flawlessly. My family and wedding party loved her and our engaged friends are already asking for her number. Brina is resourceful, flexible, reliable, responsive, knows how to deal with families and vendors like a pro, charges very reasonable rates and is the best decision I made when I look back at wedding planning. I highly recommend Brina to every bride to be. I am confident she can become whatever you need to make your wedding day perfect. I will miss working with Brina a lot! My husband and I are already taking about renewing our vows because we had the most amazing wedding, which we are so grateful to Brina for.

Andrea · Married on 05/29/2016

If you're struggling with the decision to hire a day-of-coordinator, do it, and hire A Guilded Wedding. Brina is a pleasure to work with, understood what I wanted better than I did, executed all the details flawlessly and relieved an enormous level of stress. My day couldn't have gone any better. Brina, you rock! Thank you!

Liz · Married on 11/07/2015

We would have been lost without Brina! Really good at working with our needs and letting us know what to expect. Very attentive, very savvy—when we knew what we wanted, she helped us implement, and when we were clueless she offered ideas. We had a few "friendors" and she was great about coordinating between them so we had less to worry about. (Our friend emceed the reception and we barely told him anything—Brina walked him through things and it worked out seamlessly.) And while I know she's also done a lot of bigger, more traditional events, she was great with our smaller, offbeat-ish wedding. Would definitely recommend!

Sara · Married on 10/10/2015

There are truly no words to accurately describe how amazing Brina is! I reached out to Brina about 7 weeks out from our wedding (when I was ready to have a melt down) and hired her to coordinate our details day of. From start to finish, she was incredible to work with. She swept away our stress, helped us understand what we were doing with our vendors, and really made our night feel whole and complete. Brina is organized, efficient, thoughtful, and so much more. She paid attention to every little detail imaginable and we could not have been happier with the way our evening turned out! All ran smoothly and beautifully and we are forever grateful to her for calming our nerves and helping create the evening of our dreams.

Finding Brina was one of the best surprises of the whole wedding planning process. As a former events coordinator, I knew exactly what I wanted in a day-of coordinator, and I got that and more with Brina! She was responsible, professional, and equipped for anything. I would most certainly recommend her to all brides who need someone they can trust on their special day!

Brina was incredible! She was responsive, organized and very knowledgeable. Brina assisted with planning and day of coordination. She made wedding planning easy. She helped me stay organized and provided to do lists. Brina was very insightful and planned for things I didn't think of. She was amazing at figuring out the timeline for the day and ensuring the vendors were scheduled accordingly. Brina was so helpful with her day of coordination! The day ran smoothly because of her assistance. I highly recommend Brina!

Ellen · Married on 06/20/2015

Brina at A Guilded Wedding was a life saver! We hired her for "day of" assistance and she took over vendor communications about two weeks prior to the wedding. She oversaw the table set ups and kept the whole affair moving on a seamless timeline. She greatly assisted the DJ in his first wedding gig and, as mother of the bride, really allowed me to enjoy the evening knowing everything was in capable hands! I wish we had hired her sooner!

Lauren · Married on 06/20/2015

Brina was absolutely amazing as a day-of coordinator. She made sure it was as stress-free as possible and all the details were taken care of. I would strongly recommend her for your wedding!

Lily · Married on 05/30/2015

Brina was simply AMAZING. She is an incredibly thoughtful, detail oriented, and responsive planner.

There are so many little details with a wedding, and so much vendor communication that needs to be done. Brina flawlessly navigated vendor relationships and check-ins in the month leading up to our wedding. With a tented wedding on the scale of ours, which included staging, lighting, set pieces, and more, this was no small task! All of my vendors have raved about her.

More than the cake topper and the centerpieces, the most important component of a great event is timing. With professional experience working for one of the city's most renowned planners, and a theater background, Brina knows her timing and basically stage managed the night of our lives. She was on her feet and checking on everything non-stop, which let us relax and enjoy ourselves knowing that she was directing the show. If someone had a question, Brina was immediately there to answer it. I swear, she's a wedding ninja! She really went above and beyond to make the day a success.

I plan events as part of my job, and there is no one else I would have trusted for the most important day of my life. Brina can practically read your mind, and then organize it on an itemized list with next steps before you even say what you were thinking. She is the real deal, and she made what can be a chaotic process joyful and organized. I can't recommend her enough.

Thank you Brina for making my dreams become a reality!

Vanessa · Married on 05/03/2015

Brina was wonderful. I totally trusted her to get everything done I needed done. She was professional and understanding and took care of everything i needed.

Hilary · Married on 10/18/2014

We hired Brina to be our day-of coordinator and we also worked with her on retainer for 3 months prior to our wedding day. Every time we met with Brina, we walked away feeling like she provided invaluable advice and guidance. The process of planning a wedding, especially for two people who have never planned an event like this before, was very daunting, and Brina always had insights that helped us stay focused and positive. Not only did Brina help us coordinate our vendors and develop our wedding-day timeline impeccably, but she also provided support to both of our families as we all navigated the wedding-planning process together. While working with Brina on retainer, she advised us on everything from wedding invitations to pre-wedding beauty routines. Brina always responded to emails and phone calls in a timely manner. She was always patient, straight-forward, and caring. Brina communicated with our vendors professionally and always advocated for us to ensure that our vendors provided all that we and our guests needed.

In addition, a few months before our wedding, we realized that we needed more help with our reception theme/decor, and Brina was willing to renegotiate her contract with us to include design services. We are so glad that we hired Brina to design our fall-themed centerpieces. The end result blew us away. We are 100% positive that our wedding would not have been as beautiful as it was without Brina. Several guests described our wedding as "stunning," and Brina's vision certainly helped us achieve a very sophisticated elegance.

Jen · Married on 10/10/2014

We absolutely loved Brina!! She was everything we expected and needed from a day of coordinator! From our first meeting until she left our wedding, she was nothing but professional and on top of her game. Any little thing that came up she fixed (ex: My dress wasn't fitting correctly right before the wedding started and she pulled out her bridal emergency kit and had everything we needed to fix it). Every one of our guests complemented us on Brina and told us we were so lucky to have her and we totally agreed. She knew exactly how to set up our hall, even when we didn't give her a super clear outline, she remembered from all of our talks and meetings what our vision was.

We would recommend Brina to anyone who is planning an event or wedding! We don't think we could have gotten the quality of service from anyone else and we really feel like we can call Brina our friend!! :)

Alex · Married on 10/10/2014

Brina was absolutely wonderful for our wedding! She was on top of everything, and executed all of our wishes perfectly. We couldn't recommend her more!

Rebecca · Married on 05/18/2014

I worked with Brina as a "day-of" wedding planner, but she provided so much more than that! Brina was an absolute pleasure to work with from our first meeting, 2 weeks before my wedding date, until after the music had ended at our event. Brina was on top of everything right from the start and was always very responsive to my (sometimes frantic) emails/calls. It was very helpful to have checklists and timelines that Brina created for all aspects of the wedding day, and this helped to keep everyone (myself, Brina and vendors) on the same page. My wedding was at the Prospect Park Boathouse and Brina is very knowledgeable with this space and the many details behind working at this venue. There were some logistical issues on the day of my wedding with the venue and Brina was super helpful in dealing with the Boathouse, the vendors and my family members, while keeping me calm at the same time! I would highly recommend Brina for wedding planning services.

Erin · Married on 04/26/2014

Brina was our Day-of-Coordinator, but was clearly incredibly committed to the job and was available to help from the moment we signed on. She offers a great balance of professionalism, enthusiasm, and attention-to-detail. I organize events as part of my job, but Brina was prepared to do as little or as much brainstorming and organizing as I needed, while still pulling off our vision perfectly. We had the exact day that we wanted and we absolutely couldn't have done it without her help. Even if you feel like you can handle the pressures of the day, you need a Brina to be by your side, reassuring you and remembering not to forget the little things that will spring right out of your mind with all the excitement.

Lisa · Married on 04/06/2013

Brina was exceptional in truly every aspect of this process. I am the type of person who likes lists, plans and an organizational structure that details every flower and place setting. Brina was completely accommodating and gracious. From weekly meetings (in various locations around the city) to prompt e-mail replies, it really felt like having a friend help with the planning process rather than a hired vendor. She helped us stay within a tight budget and dealt with difficult vendors and unusually tight timelines with ease. I'm sure there were quite a few last minute things that came up...but I had no idea because Brina let me enjoy my day and handled everything with ease. I couldn't have asked for a friendlier, more professional, exceptionally talented planner to help with my wedding! Brina has my highest recommendation, truly. Everyone should be so lucky as to have Brina assist them in the planning process!