A. Griffin Events Reviews

A. Griffin Events 5
A. Griffin Events 6
A. Griffin Events 7

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2018

There are not enough words! ❤️

Hiring A. Griffin Events was hands down the best choice my husband and I could have made. From the very beginning...I mean very beginning (I hired Aimee and Jorian less than one week after we got engaged!) they made the process easy and low stress. I had one phone interview with them and knew it was a perfect match.

We were lucky enough to have them with us for our entire planning process. From venue visits, photographer interviews, to cost comparisons on hair and make up artists. They really went above and beyond. As a person who had trouble deciding on things it wasn’t great to have them. They never put pressure on me to make a choice just to make one, they truly wanted me to be happy and make the best decision for myself and my husband. Jorian also went with me to every dress fitting which to be honest was really above and beyond. She knew my mother lived 3,000 miles away and was willing to give me that support.

But by far the best part of hiring them was not all the spread sheets and phone calls they made for us...it was the friendship we built along the way. We love Aimee and Jorian so much! ❤️

A. Griffin Events 8

Annie · Married on 08/04/2018

There are no words and no number of stars to really describe how incredible A. Griffin Events is.
    We weren't really looking for a planner, but a great family friend of ours was the MOH in one of Aimee's weddings right around when I got engaged. She suggested we meet and after about five minutes, there was no question that we had to work with Aimee.
    I loved being a bride but didn't have the Pinterest boards, saved Instagram accounts and bookmarked wedding blogs that a lot of other girls have. Aimee and Jorian were able to get a feel for what I wanted, did the creative research that I dreaded doing myself, and presented a variety of options every step of the way. By the end of it, we had a wedding totally tailored to what me and my husband had dreamed of. They designed, created and executed a perfect and original wedding that was "so us." We are still being flooded with compliments (some specific to them!).
    Aimee & team make you feel like the only bride on the planet. If you want to email them every day, they don't care (my mom and I seriously miss their emails). I never once felt stress from the wedding which is about as rare as it gets. My husband and I probably said 100 times that we didn't feel like we were paying them enough. They truly go above and beyond in every possible way.
    Without a doubt, the greatest part of working with A. Griffin Events is the friendships we gained with Aimee and team. At some point in the first few months we started feeling less like we were working with a wedding planner and more like we were planning a wedding with our old friends. We will look back on the year leading up to our wedding with profound happiness because we had the privilege of working with Aimee, Jorian and A. Griffin Events.

Patricia · Married on 08/04/2018

Hiring Aimee and A. Griffin Events was hands down the best decision we made while planning my daughter’s recent wedding. We met with Aimee on the advice of a friend just to get a few pointers about wedding planning. We believed we could do it on our own, but after about 5 minutes of meeting with Aimee we knew we were in way over our heads and hired her on the spot! She is extremely organized, very knowledgeable, unbelievably creative, listens thoughtfully, and guided us gently to create the wedding of my daughter’s (and son-in-law's) dreams! Our budget was always considered which I appreciated, and my frequent questions were always answered very quickly and thoroughly. I know ours was not the only wedding she was working on at the time, but somehow she makes you feel like you are her only client. Her goal was always to take the stress out of the planning process so we all could enjoy every minute of the planning and of course the wedding. And we really did! The wedding was perfect and stress free in every single way and we are still receiving cards from guests thanking us that they were included in this amazing day! But perhaps the best thing about Aimee, Jorian, and team is their true friendship which developed very quickly and which I will treasure always. I am so thankful we found Aimee, and I cannot recommend her and her amazing team highly enough!

KC · Married on 06/16/2018

AMAZING in every way!

There are no words to describe how amazing Aimee and her team are. We hired A. Griffin Events to provide month of coordinating services for our wedding, and it was one of the best decisions that we made. From our first call with Aimee, Rachel, and Jorian, we knew that they were the people we wanted to help out with our big day. They were so patient, understanding, and kind, and I felt like I was talking with old friends on our first call rather than complete strangers!! We worked mostly with Rachel, the month of coordinating specialist, and she was always there to answer questions or help out with anything we needed. She was very thorough and detailed, and included Aimee and Jorian on every detail of the big day. Even though we had hired the team for just month of coordinating services, we felt like we had hired a full wedding planner! They were always available when we had a question, or needed recommendations, or even when I was feeling stressed out they were a comforting and familiar voice. The month prior to the wedding, all of the planning was taken out of my hands and Rachel took full lead on any and all communications with our vendors. Any bride knows that there is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes of a wedding besides just the logistical things (like family and random little things!) so it was such a relief to have that taken off our hands. By the time the wedding day came around, we felt so relaxed and comfortable. And honestly, everything could not have gone more perfectly!!! Rachel, Aimee, and Jorian did not miss a beat throughout the whole day, and never at any point of the day did we or our parents feel stressed. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests about how perfect everything seemed to be, and it truly was perfect in every way! We could not have been any happier with A. Griffin Events; our wedding would not have been possible without their support. What truly sets this team apart is that besides their superb and outstanding attention to detail, they are amazing listeners and work hard to get to know you as people and as friends. We cannot thank you enough, Aimee, Rachel and Jorian!!

Scott · Married on 05/19/2018

Aimee is wonderful! We would have been lost without her. There was no way we could have planned our wedding alone, especially since neither one of us lived in the area. Aimee is kind, thoughtful, friendly, and extremely organized. Even though we do not live in the Maryland area, Aimee was always accessible through email and by phone. She provided many excellent suggestions for vendors and worked with them to ensure that the day went smoothly. She took the time to get to know us and our families. In addition, she was very thorough and had clear tasks for us to complete at each meeting. From the first phone call, Aimee understood our vision for our wedding and was supportive every step of the way. Aimee was a joy to work with and made planning our wedding easy!

Natasha · Married on 04/27/2018

I never thought I would need a planner, but my venue required it. I AM SO GLAD THEY DID. Because hiring Aimee and her team was one of the best decisions I made. Hiring a day of coordinator I thought basically they would just be there the day of to get things going, but they provided so so much more than that. Rachel was there to answer all my questions and provide me guidance during the whole process. Aimee and Jorian were also there day of and I basically had the best of everyone handling my wedding. They were a dream to work with and definitely kept me at bay when I was going into the wrong lanes and let me fully enjoy my wedding without thinking about anything else. They kept us straight and allowed us to enjoy every aspect of our day. I cant thank them all enough for everything they did for us. They were more than just planners they became friends and I am so thankful for that. I cannot recommend them enough!!

Laura · Married on 04/06/2018

Aimee Griffin and her team created a fantastic wedding experience for my family and friends during two separate celebrations. Even though I live in London, she was always able to find the time to chat with me by Skype or email to answer my questions. She helped me develop my vision for a destination wedding and planned every detail of it with me. Aimee is highly organized and efficient. She created a website for me that enabled my guests from all over the world to make their travel plans to Italy and keep up to date with the events of the wedding weekend in Amalfi. Aimee took the stress out of communicating with the vendors we used both in the States and in Italy. She helped not only secure quotes and contracts, but did the walk-throughs, checked in with each vendor multiple times on the wedding day, and made adjustments in the moment. She is creative, a quick problem-solver, and didn’t get ruffled when last minute changes had to be made for my reception due to rain. Aimee has an eye for wedding design and décor, and will provide an honest opinion about what elements work with different wedding themes and venues. She is patient, and understands the stress a bride faces with so many decisions to make. I highly recommend her as a wedding planner and event coordinator.

A. Griffin Events 9

morgan · Married on 12/02/2017

Hiring Aimee was the best choice we could have made planning our wedding. Not only is she amazing at what she does, she truly became a friend during the planning process. She listened to our vision and helped us to bring it to life better than we ever could have imagined. Her and her team went above and beyond to make sure that our day went perfectly. We truly could not have done it without her. Thank you Aimee (and your amazing team!)

A. Griffin Events 10
    A. Griffin Events 17
    A. Griffin Events 18
    A. Griffin Events 19

Mary · Married on 10/21/2017

Usually, the mother of the groom plays only a small role in the wedding planning. However, at the request of the bride, I became "the planner". Aimee was recommended to us by our caterer. From the moment I met her, it was obvious she was a good listener, very talented and very calming....everything you are looking for in an event planner. She is an absolute pleasure to work with! Any questions along the way were answered quickly. From the rehearsal to the last dance, there wasn't a hiccup. Aimee's guidance helped bring the bride's vision of her wedding to life and her comment afterwards says it all...."It was perfect!"

Lee · Married on 08/24/2017

Working with Aimee was everything I never knew I needed in a planner! As a bride based overseas, with a groom from a different country, things were always going to be a bit complicated (to say the least). Aimee ensured we stayed focused and on task even from thousands of miles away, and helped us stay organized as we required a completely unconventional structure and timeline. She provided moral support when the families and the details got a bit crazy, helped us stay focused on our priorities for the wedding, and gave us guidance based on her experience. All the vendors she sourced were incredible to work with, and her attention to detail both leading up to and during our 3-day wedding went beyond expectation. Flexible, adaptable, understanding, supportive, perceptive, professional, creative, task master... Aimee's approach to planning is thorough and holistic. We never would have pulled off our wedding without her!

Lauren · Married on 07/01/2017

Without a shadow of a doubt, hiring Aimee as a wedding planner was, by far, the wisest decision my husband and I made during the wedding planning process. In a few words, our wedding day was a dream. Absolute perfection. I can say with confidence that this was due, in large part, to Aimee's services. Aimee is one of the most organized individual's I have ever met. Consequently, she established clear deadlines at various points of the planning process, and kept us "in line" when it seemed like we might miss an approaching deadline. She is firm, but graceful. Thoughtful, but persistent. She embodies those qualities that make her a phenomenal planner, but also a great friend. She is kind, honest, and empathetic, all of which are qualities that are an asset in making sure that the wedding planning process is not stressful, but instead, a moment in time when a couple can craft a day that represents them as a couple, as individuals, and celebrates the beginning of a lifelong journey. She helped us design a wedding day that was nothing short of fairytale by locating vendors that matched our personalities and design aesthetic. But perhaps most importantly, planning a wedding with her is like having your best friend help you plan your wedding. She spent the time to get to know us as individuals (and as a couple) before offering planning suggestions, and as a result, was able to cater to our personality quirks, even if this meant making decisions (upon our request!) that planners don't often make. Simply stated: she went above and beyond to ensure that we not only had a stress-free and perfect wedding day, but enjoyed every moment of the planning process. And frankly, she is just fun to be around!

AnnKatherine · Married on 03/25/2017

As soon as I got engaged, I repeatedly heard that hiring a wedding coordinator was hands down the best wedding planning decision I could make. My (now) husband and I emailed and met with a couple of coordinators early on but no one felt quite right. Time started passing and soon we found ourselves four months away from our desired wedding date with NOTHING PLANNED! I had known Aimee personally for years (I babysat her kids!) and knew she was exceptional professionally from several friends’ weddings which she coordinated. I called Aimee in a panic one evening, convinced it was impossible to plan a wedding in four months and my wedding dreams were ruined. Aimee was calming and encouraging. She reassured me that it was possible to get our wedding schedule back on track and provided me with great advice, without a gimmicky sales pitch. Needless to say- she was hired! Aimee was unequivocally exceptional on all accounts. She provided structure with clear timelines and gave guidance without imposing her own opinions. Aimee listened to our wedding vision and understood the guest experience we wanted to create. She brought our ideas to fruition, identified areas of potential challenge and suggested concrete solutions to ensure our wedding was a seamless event. However, what truly sets Aimee apart is the level of intentionality she devotes to knowing each couple and designing an event that expresses their unique style. Our wedding was the perfect celebration of my husband and I, the life we will build and share together. I can confidently say our wedding would not have been possible without Aimee’s services.

Donna · Married on 03/25/2017

Aimee provided invaluable assistance in planning my daughter's wedding. We had a tight timeline . . . 4 months . . . so everything had to happen quickly. Aimee gave great direction and solid advice. When planning a wedding, the amount of information can be overwhelming and we totally relied on Aimee's expertise and experience to guide us through all of the decision making. We were extremely happy with the service Aimee provided and thanks to Aimee we were all able to enjoy the beautiful wedding and reception my daughter and son-in-law had envisioned. Thank you Aimee. The wedding was magical!
    Donna

Barbara · Married on 11/05/2016

As the mother-of-the bride, Aimee made my job so much easier. I was panicking before she started to work with us. She was so organized and kept us on budget and on schedule. Aimee is such a creative person with so many contacts and ideas. The wedding came off beautifully and without a hitch. I think it was all my daughter and her husband dreamed of!

Katherine · Married on 11/05/2016

Aimee Griffin is an amazing wedding planner and I absolutely recommend her! I am the type of bride that is terrible at planning events and I am a huge procrastinator. Aimee took me through the process step by step and the planning was equally spaced so I was never stressed. She also has great recommendations of wedding vendors that all turned out wonderfully! On my wedding day, she also kept the event stress free and everything went perfectly because it was planned very well. Aimee also has great taste which made the process of choosing decorations much easier. Without Aimee I would have been very stressed and the wedding would not be as perfect as it was. Aimee goes above and beyond for clients and I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2016

Where do I begin? Aimee is the most amazing wedding planner you will ever meet. When starting to plan my wedding, I didn't think I would need a wedding planner, little did I know she would become my wedding lifesaver and florist.

Aimee doesn't just show up and make things run smoothly the day of instead she runs with every crazy idea you want to make your perfect wedding day. Actually, she encourages the crazy ideas because she wants every little detail of your wedding to express your relationship and love that you have for each other. Less than a month out from the wedding I HAD and I mean HAD to have this arbor cover with flowers, a refurbished Jack Daniels whiskey barrel, and a intimate ceremony with ridiculously heavy benches in the middle on a vineyard. And she made every single one happen. I don't know what I would of done without her.

I remember when first talking with her, I could hear the passion in her voice (that is when I knew she was the perfect fit). She not only made sure all my dreams came true but my husbands as well. Our first meeting with her, she spent 2 hours just asking questions about us and our adventures together. She truly loves creating beautiful days for her couples. Make her part of your special day!

Shyam · Married on 08/27/2016

Aimee Griffin is by far the best wedding planner in the business, and without her leadership, support, and hard work, we know for a fact, the wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did. Wedding planning is a true art, it involves complexity that no one can understand until the day actually arrives, and Aimee did a spectacular job in every facet possible. Aimee began working with us 3 months before our wedding date to calm some of our nerves and give us strategic guidance (while we opted for the month of wedding package, she still helped out way in advance). Once the month of our wedding came, she took over all communications with vendors and created a detailed wedding schedule, which is much needed for our complex 3 day Indian wedding. She was able to manage our event of 450 people for 3 days without any issues, including over 10 vendors. Every single aspect was perfectly planned and coordinated (flowers, decorations, DJ, Horse, Food, Venue Coordination, gifts, schedules, videography, photograhy, photobooth, hair/makeup, etc), and lots of time and preparation were needed. She had one on one calls with each vendors, with each of our parents, and with other family members who wanted to assist. We were a highly involved couple, and she was open to our feedback and needs, and did a great job in balancing our families needs as well. Working with her three person team was fantastic as well. We STRONGLY recommend Aimee Griffin to anyone, and consider her the most integral part of our wedding.

Ayanah · Married on 08/26/2016

A. Griffin Events is amazing! I was planning an intimate (75) person wedding in Baltimore and had no idea of all that went into a wedding-even a small one. I contacted them about a month before the wedding and Rachel gladly came on and helped me work out each and every little thing. Including details I never planned for. On the day of I got Rachel and Aimee! What a pleasant surprise. Both were great in directing guests, making sure transitions went smoothly and helping me stay on schedule. Rachel also came early (7:00) that morning (my wedding started at 10:30am), to see if I needed anything before heading over to the venue. She was there to answer all questions, made a detailed timeline and helped make my day so special and magical. If you need a coordinator for your special event, look no further than A. Griffin Events. Thanks again for everything!!

A. Griffin Events 20
    A. Griffin Events 21
    A. Griffin Events 22

Julie · Married on 05/28/2016

Aimee is amazing. She is laid back, accommodating, personable, and listens - which is exactly what we needed! She made sure all the details, coordination, and schedule were covered. She checked in regularly, addressing our stress, and desires. She offered the right about of recommendations, and served as a wonderful sounding board for ideas or protocol. She truly removed the wedding planning and day of stresses, and I know she went way above and beyond. She made sure the day was perfect for us - an elegant and intimate wedding with our closest family and friends. Our guests still rave about how beautiful, collected/well organized, and fun it was. We cannot say enough great things about Aimee. I wish we could keep her for all our life events! She is simply the best!

Rich · Married on 09/12/2015

Aimee was flown from DC to Asheville to be a part of the wedding on 9/12/15 we worked together on (I am the band leader for The Royal Suits, the band her clients hired). Early in our correspondence I said to her "you must be a pretty big deal to be flown from DC to Asheville to be doing this high profile wedding." We laughed about it, but after working with her I completely understand why her clients did it. She is completely professional, but has a sense of humor, and a light heartedness to how she approaches everything. Whenever I had a question for her, she got me the answer immediately. The timeline she created was spot on, and the evening ran without a hitch. I really don't know what else you could want from a wedding planner. She's completely professional, but also fun at the same time. Her attention to detail is impeccable, and yet she still found time to get to know us. We loved working with Aimee, and hope to do it again in the near future!

Brian · Married on 09/12/2015

We met Aimee early in the planning process. We had chosen a location and had an idea for the venue, but she took it from there. We hired her to help with our destination wedding and rehearsal dinner in Asheville NC (we live in Baltimore). She was both professional and fun to work with, especially when it came down to the hard decisions and negotiations with the vendors. Aimee has many wonderful qualities that make her excel at her profession, but we most respect her keen ability to listen to what we were trying to create and then skill in bringing it to fruition. She is exquisitely resourceful, creative and organized. Her experience shows in her ability to multi-task and manage both the vendors and our families/guests without ever seeming overwhelmed or put out (we actually think she has fun doing it). We had 2 ceremonies (Hindu/Baraat in the morning and Christian in the evening). Aimee had never planned an Indian wedding but in the end, she knew more about it than we did. She truly has an innate interest in tradition and ceremony and finds creative ways to meld them in new ways. She was very conscientious of our budget and always gave us options to highlight the differences in what we could get at different price points. She was also very attentive to the amount of pressure she was putting on us and was sure to check with us on a regular basis to make sure she was giving us the right level of communication. We didn’t have to worry about a thing from the time we arrived in Asheville until we left for our honeymoon. Our wedding was truly the best day of our lives. Thanks Aimee!

Manisha & Brian

My mom and I decided to hire Aimee Griffin as our day-of wedding coordinator when we were at a friend's wedding. Aimee was the wedding coordinator for this wonderful wedding at the bride's family home when a huge summer storm hit and we all had to evacuate the tent into the family's house- with Aimee at the helm, it all went smoothly. After we saw her in action, we knew we had to hire her! Throughout our whole wedding planning process, Aimee went above and beyond our expectations. She gave great advice on everything from decorations to vendor tips to invitations. She recommended a DJ and bakery for our wedding cake- we went with both of her suggestions and they were also amazing! (DJ Ghost and Zaglios Bakery). On the day of my wedding, Aimee took care of everything. My parents and I were able to relax and enjoy the event while Aimee made sure that all my decorations went exactly where we discussed, coordinated with the DJ, photographer, and caterer, loaded up our honeymoon bags in our getaway car, and did so many other tasks to make our day perfect. Aimee Griffin is a absolute gem and you will not be disappointed if you hire her!!!

Emily · Married on 06/27/2015

I was the photographer at a D.C. area wedding and was so blessed to get to work alongside Aimee of A. Griffin Events! She was on the ball with the scheduling of the day and did all the required organization with professionalism and kindness. The biggest stand out feature of Aimee's work ethic, however, is the profound joy she derives from pleasing the client. She went above and beyond and had pleasant little surprises for the bride while she and her bridesmaids were getting ready. The day was very rainy but Aimee calmed the bride and presented silver linings at all possible impasses. She had excellent preparation and communication before the wedding day and followed up respectively post-wedding date. Aimee was a delight, made me laugh and was positive and driving force on the wedding day--I can not say enough good things about this event coordinator!

Denise · Married on 06/13/2015

Aimee was extremely professional, courteous and personable, a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her to any client needing help with event planning.

A backyard wedding sounded like a wonderful idea when our daughter first asked us but I knew we would need exceptional help in the planning and organizing of such an important event. Aimee Griffin came highly recommended and I knew why immediately at our first introduction. Aimee listened to our ideas, hopes and excitement and talked it through with us honoring our desires and budget.
    We hired Aimee for the full wedding planning and consultation and at every step she proved a talented organizer. She was the point contact with all the vendors and brought us helpful suggestions and options, particularly if challenges arose.
    From helping to catch and corral our chickens to move out of earshot of the ceremony to magically producing an umbrella to place over the bagpiper playing Amazing Grace as rain gently began, she was willing to tackle every job that made the wedding a great success. Thanks to Aimee we were able to be guests at and thoroughly enjoy our daughter’s wedding.
    Aimee performed countless unasked duties (as well as the asked) and she did it all with grace, enthusiasm, professionalism and a smile.