A Formal Occasion Reviews

65 | Kennesaw, GA

65 Reviews for A Formal Occasion

Jennifer P. · Getting married on 04/22/2022

This Place is Amazing

I can not rave enough about how wonderful of an experience I had yesterday. I felt welcomed, listened to, and never pressured. I was able to try on a variety of styles. I didn't feel rushed. It just felt like a fun shopping day with the girls! I was so stressed before and once I walked in that all melted away. The staff was so kind, knowledgeable, and professional. I could not imagine finding my dream dress anywhere else. Thank you so much for making me feel so special and beautiful during my dress shopping experience!

Sent on 05/06/2021

Jenna R. · Getting married on 09/25/2021

The best around!

The staff was incredible. They welcomed all the brides with a sign at the front door. They made the shopping experience warm, fun, and pulled dresses for exactly how I wanted to feel on my wedding day. I could not have asked for more!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Kelsey M. · Getting married on 09/25/2021

Special Personalized Experience

I visited multiple bridal shops to find my gown and A Formal Occasion gave me such a special experience and really made me feel comfortable and prioritized. The staff so so friend and are genuinely excited for you to find your dress and have a great experience. I had the whole place to myself and they listened to my requests and were not pushy at all. My top two dresses were dresses I would t have picked for myself but after hear what I was looking for a went ahead and tried them on and I k re immediately when I found THE ONE. They really go out of their way to celebrate you and make you feel special.

Sent on 03/31/2021
  • Frenchie

Frenchie · Married on 06/12/2021

I said yes to the Dress!!!

I looked everywhere for a dress and could not find the one. I came across A Formal Occasion when driving home from work and decided to call to make an appointment. They got me in the very next day and I forbid my dress!
    Lucinda is wonderful! We knew so much about styles and designers and just knew what would look good on me. She even sent me a happy birthday text and a text after my wedding day. I recommend A Formal Occasion to all brides looking for someone who is very professional a d who really knows what they are talking about. Thank you again for contributing to my special day!!!

Sent on 06/15/2021
  • Claudia

Claudia A. · Married on 05/30/2021

Amazing Experience

I was referred by a coworker who also purchased her Wedding dress at A Formal Occasion in Kennesaw. They went above and beyond and made me feel so special. I tried on over 10 dresses and loved every single one. It was hard to make a final decision and I’m so glad I found my perfect dress! I would highly recommend A Formal Occasion based on their hospitality, attention to detail, and their amazing inventory of dresses! Thank you for sending me such a sweet text message on the day of my Wedding!

Sent on 06/04/2021

Ashley · Married on 04/10/2021

Fantastic Experience

I had a great experience at A Formal Occasion. Lucinda was a joy to work with and you can really tell she is extremely passionate at what she does. The dress options are beautiful and unique. The dress I said yes to I was able to bring home that day. I am 6'3'' so I was concerned about having a dress with enough length. They said all of their designers can special order extra length but my dress didnt need it. I would 10/10 recommend coming to this boutique.

Sent on 06/29/2020
  • Arertha

Aretha W. · Married on 04/07/2021

Great Experience

From the moment I walked into the Bridal Shop they treated me like a Queen. They made sure I found the perfect dress. The dress was beautiful...

Sent on 04/13/2021
  • Jackie

Jackie R. · Married on 02/13/2021

Personalized, highly recommended

I went into A Formal Occasion a bit timid not sure what I was looking for. I was met with Lucinda waiting on me with signs all over her boutique with my name personally welcoming me. From the moment I stepped out of my car I felt like all the attention was on me. I was the only appointment booked for my two hour time slot. Lucinda made a point of making sure she really listened to what I was looking for in a dress. By the end of my visit I left with my dream gown and could not have been happier with my experience. The morning of my wedding I woke up and received a sweet text from Lucinda telling me happy wedding day. Personalized service I would not have received from a chain store had I bought my gown anywhere else. As a side note while there we discovered my sister had gotten her dress from there 27 years prior and my girlfriend had also gotten hers from there 17 years prior!!

Sent on 02/17/2021

Kathy · Married on 01/02/2021

Wonderful!

I went to A Formal Occasion on a whim after reading multiple reviews that sounded just like what I was looking for - reasonable price, attention to detail, unique finds, and quick turnaround. They did not disappoint! I went alone and last minute, but they made a point of getting to know me and what I was looking for. I found two off- the- rack options (despite not being a “standard” size - I’m on the low end of plus) that I loved more than any I’d tried at 5 other stores. They were unique and in-budget. I wasn’t sure the impact of alterations costs (had been surprised at how much at other stores), so Katie snapped a pic to get a quick ballpark figure from their seamstress...which was much less than other quotes I’d received. They made a point of celebrating with me, and had a number of special extras to make the experience memorable. I bought one dress via phone that night but kept thinking about the other one. They kindly let me re-try on both when I went to pick up my dress. This gave me the reassurance and confidence that I’d bought the right one. All around an exceptional experience!
    COVID note - I was the only one wearing a mask, but there were never more than 6 people in the house at once, and there’s two fitting areas completely separate from each other, so I felt safe throughout the (wonderful) experience. Just an FYI depending on your COVID comfort level :)
    All around, the experience was exceptional- so glad I went!

Sent on 11/30/2020

Amy C. · Married on 11/14/2020

Go here first! It will be the experience you dreamed of!

On my daughter’s day off we planned to hit a few wedding gown stores on the main road in Kennesaw. We didn’t realize, however, that everything was appointment only- even to browse. About the time we were ready to call it quits, we called A Formal Occasion and Lucinda immediately answered. They were super friendly and made us feel super comfortable. They helped my daughter find the perfect gown, just for her. We mentioned needing a few modifications for modesty purposes, and we were shown beautiful ways that their recommended seamstress could accommodate that, without losing the elegance of the dress. I am so glad we found our dress there! A day I remembered being stressful 24 years ago as a future bride, was the most enjoyable experience at A Formal Occasion. No photograph signs are posted, but they take some for you and email as momentos. We were able to enjoy the experience, live in the moment, and their photographs will always be a reminder of this special day.

Sent on 06/26/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth H. · Married on 09/26/2020

Best dress shopping experience!

The ladies here are so kind and not at all pushy. The have a large selection of dresses in many different styles and price ranges. I found my perfect dress here!

Sent on 09/26/2020
  • Emmie

Emmie T. · Married on 04/18/2020

Brides to be -- Wonderful Experience!

Lucinda was amazing! She listened to every aspect of how I wanted to look on my wedding day and pulled the dresses that best fit my expectations. She even pulled a dress I wasn't crazy about, but as soon as I put it on, I knew it was the one.
    We didn't feel rushed and had her attention through the appointment the entire time. I even took the dress home with me THAT DAY!
    It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend A Formal Occasion to everyone!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Christy

Christy R. · Married on 11/24/2019

An unexpected experience!

I didn't expect to love this shop as much as I did. I went here with my Maid of Honor on a whim, and ended up walking out with my perfect wedding dress! They were so friendly and kind, and even sent me a congratulatory text on my wedding day. Not only did I get my dream dress from them, but they added so many small, thoughtful touches that made me appreciate them even more.

Sent on 12/06/2019

A Formal Occasion's reply:

Aaaahh, thanks Christy! You looked gorgeous!! We so appreciate you - and that you appreciated the little things!! Even though it's all about the dress, the experience matters also! We enjoyed being a small part of your love story!

Shawnna · Married on 03/29/2019

Absolutely IN LOVE with this shop! There’s a reason they have been in business for so long, they know how to make magic happen. After falling “ in love “ with the window display I just had to call and make an appointment to try it on. I was able to make an appointment for the very next morning. Normally you’d think an appointment would mean you get one person to help you pick and try on dresses, not here. Not only were we THE ONLY people in the shop ( because that’s how they do things here) I was helped by Katie and the owner Lucinda. I basically gave them my Pinterest board ideas , told them my vision, and they picked out a handful of dresses that matched both. After only 5-6 dresses I tried on a dress I normally would not of chosen for myself and there it was MAGIC! I found my dress! On my first appointment at my first shop! These ladies know how to treat you and make you feel like you are the most important bride in the world and they truly care about making your dress shopping experience stress free, relaxing, and fun. I would highly recommended you make this your first stop, but don’t be sad when you find your dress on the first visit and realize your search is over. You still have your vail and accessories to get, and yes they can help you there too!!

Sent on 03/07/2018
  • Mel

Mel B. · Married on 03/17/2019

Friendly, personal service; beautiful selection

They have a wonderful wedding dress selection here for brides of all sizes (bridesmaids dresses are a little more typical "sample size" range). The shopping experience is relaxed and personal, the dresses are beautiful and in such a variety of styles! Don't be put off by the fact that it's in a small former house-- there are a TON of dresses inside. Both my best friend and I got our wedding dresses here-- separated by about 5 years, so their quality is consistent.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Leah · Married on 11/03/2018

I loved finding my dress here at A Formal Occasion. Lucinda helped me to talk through my favorite dress here as well as my favorite dresses at other shops to make sure I was truly finding MY dress. It was great to be the only bride and had a true 1-on-1 experience! It was wonderful!

Sent on 02/06/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2018

This place is the BEST! Katie did an amazing job in listening to my desires and critiques. She ended up pulling a dress that I had not even chosen off the rack based on my opinions. It is definitely the dress of my dreams and I could not be happier. :) I can't wait for my husband-to-be to see me in it! Katie followed up with me after the purchase with a handwritten congratulations note! A Formal Occasion definitely knows how to personalize the dress experience and make it enjoyable for both the bride and guests. Thank you for helping me find my perfect dress!!!!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Brittany · Married on 06/16/2018

Loved my experience here. I was the only bride in the shop and the stylist was incredibly helpful. She got to know what I was looking for and pulled the perfect dress! The price was right in my budget and the veil was well below what I expected to pay. Not only was trying on dresses fun, but, when I did say yes on my second time at the shop, they made a huge to-do about me finding my dress. They got pictures of my group and me, let me sign the bridal wall, and even presented me with a rose. It was a fairy tale dream come true. Definitely go and see them!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2018

I had gone to 2 shops before I went to A Formal Occasion so I already had a fairly good idea of what I wanted. Upon entering the shop you are greeted with warmth and a special gift. The appointment is one-on-one and tailored to fit your needs. My stylist truly wanted to help me find my dream dress, and she did! I wanted something lightweight and comfortable for my beach wedding and found just that. The dresses they sell are more unique than the options at David's Bridal or any other mainstream shop. After choosing my dress, veil, and sash, I received a rose and got to sign the wall with my name and wedding date. The week of my wedding, I even received well wishes from A Formal Occasion. Thoroughly pleased with my experience from beginning to end and I'd definitely recommend them to any bride looking for her dream dress.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Aislinn · Married on 04/20/2018

I found my dream dress at A Formal Occasion. I had been to at least four other stores trying on dresses and nothing really caught my eye. I thought I had fallen in love with one, but I realized it wasn't for me. When I came to A Formal Occasion everyone was so friendly and welcoming. My consultant was Katie and she was amazing! She sat down with me and asked me all about my venue and my visions for my venue, wedding day and wedding dress. She also asked to see pictures of my venue. Katie found five gowns for me to try on, and within minutes I found the dress that was meant for me. I would never have picked it for myself, but Katie knew it would look great on me. I will say that I am a plus size bride and all the gowns I tried on fit me fairly well. Some may have been a bit too big, but none were too small that I can remember. So they truly do have a variety of sizes to be tried on. I also found my veil and earrings while there. Their prices are very reasonable to me because their gowns are more exclusive and not the same gowns you see at all the bridal chain stores. I love that I got a dress that is unique to me without being custom made. I will highly recommend A Formal Occasion to anyone looking for a wedding dress or anything wedding related. I will also be returning in a few years for a vow renewal dress and I already can't wait!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Claire · Married on 11/04/2017

My experience at A Formal Occasion was nothing less than exceptional!! Their hospitality set them apart immediately and extended all the way to the outside of the store; they had a sign welcoming their brides by name! From the moment I walked into the store, I felt right at home and was assured that I would find my dream dress here. The staff was incredibly friendly and warm. They joyfully greeted myself, my mother, my maid of honor and my grandmother that had come from out of town. Katie, the consultant that I had the privilege to work with, asked all of the right questions and took a genuine interest in my wedding and my vision. She truly cared about how I felt, what I was looking for and even took time to ask about our proposal story, and how we met. She pulled all of the dresses out with me in mind; I was only responsible for trying on the dresses and knowing how I felt in them. My group and I were treated like royalty from beginning to end. Katie worked diligently to make not only me but my entourage comfortable. Katie ensured that my experience was not only productive and informative but relaxing and enjoyable as well. Self-consciousness went out the window, and I felt as though I had known her my entire life; it was like working with a friend. Her radiant personality and contagious smile added to the experience! After several dresses, I found what I had been dreaming of. From head to toe, Katie made the ensemble come to life and made me feel like a beautiful bride. She captured my taste and skillfully combined every aspect of who I am. She created a look that was simply, uniquely, wonderfully me. I went in stressed out and worried about finding "the dress" and came out excited to walk down the aisle in the dress of my dreams to the man of my dreams. It couldn't have been anymore perfect. The experience is one for the books and one I could never forget. A Formal Occasion and Katie had a huge part to play in our wedding and I'm so grateful for the memories!!!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Alycia · Married on 09/16/2017

I had the best experience finding (well, really creating) my dream dress! Katie was an incredible consultant- warm, inviting, and absolutely amazing at what she does! I really had no idea what I wanted, and I am so thrilled with my dress. I highly highly recommend every bride-to-be to visit! Thank you guys again for a fun, stress-free shopping day!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Brianna · Married on 05/25/2017

Lucinda was the absolute best!! My wedding dress shopping appointment was the day after the snow fall in January and I was terrified it was going to be canceled! (I had 2 bridesmaid fly in that weekend from out of state just for dress shopping and had to find dresses) Lucinda was extremely flexible and we were able to get into the store and find my DREAM dress! I will definitely be returning to her store for any future formal needs.

Sent on 05/31/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/13/2017

With three months to prepare for a wedding, most bridal shops confined me to their sample rack of goofy dresses. I walked into A Formal Occasion and Lucinda knocked my socks off with the intimate, personalized showing of a HUGE variety of quality of dresses! They were so beautiful!! I'm a slow thinker when it comes to big decisions, and she was SO gracious and SO helpful. Her advice was precious, as she encouraged me to consider an array of factors I'd never thought of in order to find the perfect dress for me. Pushing a sale was NOT her agenda, as she truly wanted to help me and give me peace of mind whether I found a dress or not. I've never seen so much care in a business. Again, I am astounded by A Formal Occasion. I have lived in the area my whole life and I never knew this place was such a treasure!

Sent on 02/28/2017