A Day To Remember Reviews

73 | Houston, TX

73 Reviews for A Day To Remember

Corey Brown · Married on 03/16/2019

Clear Lake Wedding - Spring 2019

From the first day my wife and I met with Claudia, we felt an immediate connection and were extremely comfortable having her plan our wedding. We chose the full wedding planning package and day-of coordination, and Claudia consistently demonstrated an eye for detail and design on every element of the wedding as well as an ever present cheerful personality and optimism. With Claudia's recommendations we were able to secure an amazing venue, an awesome photographer, and many other excellent vendors all while working to our budget and making sure everything fit our style and personality. She was always willing to work around our challenging work and travel schedule and communicated with us as frequently as was possible. The wedding and reception were both a great success, and it was all thanks to Claudia's determination and expertise.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Becky · Married on 09/08/2018

Claudia was great and a pleasure to work with, this was our second wedding with her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2018

Highly recommended!

Claudia was absolutely fabulous and made sure that the wedding planning process was fun and stress free! The reception was absolutely stunning and literally brought me to happy tears. She captured exactly what I envisioned for my ceremony and reception and I could not have done it without her. She goes above and beyond for her brides! I highly recommend using A Day to Remember for your wedding planning!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

I can't stress enough how absolutely amazing our experience was with Claudia and her Day to Remember team. They've been in the business for many years and are literally "in" with every single vendor, venue, band, etc. I had the most magical of weddings because of Claudia, and I was practically stress-free the entire time. She worked with my weird schedule and personality. I don't think anything could have been better. If you're planning a wedding, please please consider hiring the best planner in the area. If I could give a million stars, I would.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Lizet · Married on 07/15/2017

So much to give praises about with Claudia and her wedding planning/coordination services. I knew I wanted to have a wedding planner with my tight schedule and some DIY projects that I wanted to embed in the event. She and I communicated often via text and email. Her responses were timely whether it was for vendor recommendations or to help me choose between ideas. The inspiration board she developed for me was key to help me communicate with some vendors.

Claudia has a positive energy that just clicked with us when we chose to work with her for our wedding. She quickly got our vision of the wedding and executed it on our wedding day.

Don’t let the smiles fool you, Claudia will go to war for you when necessary. She helped me negotiate with a few vendors and put in some calls for me to help things move along. She kept me straight on the theme for my wedding and helped me decide against expenses that were unnecessary.

On the day of the wedding, she dealt with all vendors at the venue, put out a few fires and dealt with a few situations that made things work seamlessly.

On the week OF the wedding, she designed and developed all of the “day-of-wedding” stationary. She used some ideas and our prior conversations and designed the most perfect escort and place cards, thank you cards, menus, etc.

Our wedding turned out to be the most beautiful soft-garden-with-a-touch-of-rustic wedding I have attended.

Your wedding will be magical to you. You will also need to be flexible to go to plan B on some things. With Claudia as your coordinator, your plan Bs will look and feel like that was exactly how everything was meant to be. Thank you, Claudia, for the most beautiful wedding I could have imagined for my husband and me.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Karina · Married on 07/08/2017

I absolutely loved the work that was put together for my daughter's Quince! I had a vision and it was executed perfectly! The décor was gorgeous and everybody was very impressed on how elegant and classy it looked! Claudia was great to work with and she knew exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking to have an amazing and luxurious event!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/06/2017

Claudia is the creme de la creme of wedding planners!! She is not only one of the most creative people I know but she perfectly executed all of my ideas and brought them to life! My wedding was perfect in every way and the Day To Remember team that helped out on my wedding day were so friendly and amazing!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Amy · Married on 11/19/2016

How can I count the ways I would have gone insane if I hadn't hired Claudia as my wedding planner? I've lost count, but let me just say she was worth EVERY SINGLE CENT! Claudia kept me sane during the planning, allowing me to put my focus on graduating. Bettered my mom and Claudia, I almost felt like the groom who would show up and everything was already hashed out. I'm not the kind of person who likes to fuss over details, although I get it, they are important, but Claudia made the process easy. She takes the time to get to know, your style and taste and before you know it, she just gets you and everything she selected for me was perfect!

If you are getting married, hire a planner who will take the time to personalize your wedding. Claudia did just that for my husbnd and me and we will be forever grateful! You really did create a day to remember for us!

Sent on 12/30/2016

As mother if the bride you want your daughter's wedding to be perfect in every way.  My daughter had a specific vision in mind, but with school and me living in a different city, planning her wedding was becoming very stressful. We meet with several planners and immediately connected with Claudia. She understood my daughter's vision and made her wedding a beautiful reality.

No detail was left unnoticed, Claudia recommended wonderful vendors and made sure the wedding day ran like clockwork. I am an extremely detailed-oriented woman and can become very hands on, but Claudia and her staff allowed me the opportunity to really enjoy my daughter's wedding! I could go on and on, but in the end,  I can't stress enough the importance of hiring a wedding planner. Claudia and her staff were wonderful and would hire her again if I had any more daughters.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Savannah · Married on 08/15/2016

I do not even know where to start! Claudia with A Day To Remember, is one of the best planners/designers in the Houston area. You know that you will be taken care of and she will stand up for what you want from the moment you meet her. This type of service is something that you do not come across when searching and meeting other planners. Love her work, humor, and friendship! Let her get you married already :)

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/13/2016

Choosing Claudia with a Day to Remember was the best decision Ive ever made! From the moment I realized that I HAD to have her help to get through the wedding chaos I felt a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. She listened to my wedding fantasy and made it a reality and made sure I was able to enjoy my wedding day without a worry in the world. She is absolutely AMAZING! Claudia is the QUEEN BEE when it comes to weddings!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Kristina · Married on 04/30/2016

I found Claudia through one of the wedding shows, but in all honesty, had already heard of her company.  After meeting with her, I fell in love with her personality and her great sense of humor.  She made my wedding planning stress free, knowing I didn't have to worry about a thing.  Claudia understood my taste and style, so it made it easier to convey what I wanted.

Throughout the entire planning, she connected me with the best vendors, provided wonderful ideas and really made our wedding special to my husband and me.  On the day of our wedding, not only were my husband and I stress free, but so was my family.  Claudia really did make our wedding A DAY TO REMEMBER!  A huge Thank You to Claudia and her staff for an unforgettable day!  XOXO

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kelsey · Married on 04/09/2016

Planning a wedding takes some serious work and my mom thought she could handle it. With me going to school and my mom out of town, I told her I needed a wedding planner. I'm so glad my mom conceded, it was the best investment! We found at one of the wedding shows and loved her immediately! She made us feel at ease and the stress level dropped! Claudia made our planning fun, enjoyable and most importantly, stress free! She recommended top-notch vendors and had fantastic ideas and made our wedding look so beautiful! On the wedding day, she was there when we needed her, especially for my OCD mom, dealt with our guests, kept checking up on my husband and me. Claudia and her team truly gave us "a day to remember"! If you are getting married, I highly recommend you hire Day to Remember, Claudia and her team were wonderful and on point with everything!

Sent on 06/08/2016

John · Married on 02/21/2016

My husband persuaded reluctant me of the need to have a planner--after seeing Claudia in action, I can't believe I ever thought we could do this without one--her in particular. We hired Claudia with less than 3 weeks before the event, and she masterfully put together what's been reported as the largest gay wedding in the history of Houston. Her suggestions were always perfect, and her attention to details was phenomenal. When we asked her to meet with us in person, she was always there. Emails and calls were always answered promptly. Over 350 people were in attendance of all ages and backgrounds, and to a person, people were blown away--we give Claudia so much credit for taking the stress off our hands and making sure the show went off without a hitch. We had the wedding and reception and entertainment (including mariachis, drag queens, confetti bombs, stiltwalkers, and so much more!) in the same place, and everything went perfectly, thanks to Claudia and her staff. We have heard from so many who thought the wedding was the best they had ever attended (gay or straight)--we tell them all the real thanks goes to Claudia. If you are planning a wedding--in Houston or anywhere--you NEED to have Claudia be your planner!

Sent on 03/07/2016
  • F

Vincent · Married on 10/10/2015

With less than two months before our wedding date to plan a wedding, Claudia made it A Day to Remember. She walked us through every step of the process and made it as easy as possible. She dealt with and calmed our nerves about everything. We wouldn’t have been able to have the beautiful, perfect wedding we did without her help. It was the happiest day of our lives, and she did make it A Day To Remember. We highly recommend A Day to Remember and Claudia as your wedding planner. They will make it truly A Day to Remember.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Theresa · Married on 10/10/2015

When we began to plan for our wedding, we quickly knew this was something we needed a professional touch to make it special and stress free. We found that in Claudia. Our expectations were blown away and the event was more than we could have imagined or hoped for on our special day. We have recommended Claudia and all of her fantastic contacts to everyone we know. What made it even more special was the timing, we were planning without knowing our marriage would be legal in Texas. We were with Claudia on the day it was announced, again making our time with her all the better. Can't really express how wonderful it has been working with A Day to Remember! Fantastic just doesn't cut it.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Catherine · Married on 08/15/2015

A Day to Remember provided us with the most wonderful "Wedding Weekend to Remember"! Claudia G. de Velasco provided us with A++ service in planning and executing our daughter's wedding. Her ability to connect us with the finest vendors - Linens, Coffee Bar, Flowers, DJ, Photographer, Videographer - was amazing. She saved us from having to "search" for the best one. Her company had worked with all of our vendors before and the execution on the day of the rehearsal and wedding was like a well oiled machine. Claudia was always available to connect with either by phone, text, email or in person. Claudia's creative talent allowed us to have a truly unique style and flair for the wedding that left guests speechless! I believe the key was Claudia's ability create and then tie the theme and color of the invitations to all printed materials, linens and especially the flowers! She was available for the Rehearsal and the entire day of the wedding. I cannot say enough about her ability to keep everyone calm and focused during the day and through the reception. All of the special events during the reception - introduction of wedding party, parents, dances, cake cutting, bouquet and garter toss - went flawlessly under her direction. As the "couple send off", she had all the guests take handfuls of rose petals and surround the dancing couple in a half circle. The photographer and videographer were on the stage looking at the crowd. The couple danced and when the music stopped the guests threw the petals on them in a shower of pink and ivory. It was gorgeous! And the pictures were divine. Claudia and A Day to Remember gave us exactly what we all wanted for our only daughter's wedding. We could not have asked for a more knowledgeable, creative and professional company to work with. I highly recommend her company and talent.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Lisa · Married on 12/06/2014

Claudia is a great person to work with, she truly listened to all my ideas and figured out my style to create an AMAZING layout with AWESOME décor! She completely revamped the hall, most of the guests could not believe it was the same hall that they are used to seeing. Claudia & her team helped make my wedding A Day to Remember not just for me & my husband, but for my mom as well. Maybe even all the guests-they can't stop talking about it. We have gotten so many compliments! For my mom's part she enjoyed the fact that she was actually able to enjoy the wedding and not worry about any issues. She was a little hesitant at first but at the end of it all she was glad we got Claudia! Thank you sooo much Claudia for making my dream wedding a reality! Rocky & I really do appreciate all that you did for us.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Lisa...

Thank you so much for the sweet words! It was my pleasure and honor to be there for you for yours and Rocky's special day! I'm so glad we were able to provide you that perfect "day to remember"! :) Thank YOU for allowing us to be a part of such a beautiful milestone in your lives. Many blessings for a beautiful marriage! XOXO Claudia and the DTR ladies!
  • W

Wanda · Married on 07/19/2014

As mother of the bride, I really enjoyed working with Claudia. She had great ideas & always was available when we needed her advice. She has a great personality & worked well with our other vendors.
    Everybody enjoyed the wedding & reception. We received lots of compliments from our guest on the table arrangements & flowers. I was told many times, my daughter’s wedding was one of the best they had attended. I give Claudia all the credit for this.
    Thanks Claudia!

Sent on 09/14/2014

A Day To Remember's reply:

Wanda...thank you so much for your sweet words! It was such an honor to be a part of Brittney+Randy's big day and loved the entire planning & design process! Thank you again for the opportunity...I still miss our meetings! XOXO

Thomas · Married on 06/28/2014

It gives me great please to leave such positive feedback for two lovely ladies from "A Day to Remember". Our wedding planner was Anaise Guzman, Claudia was there to assist Anaise if needed, we were her first official clients. My now wife and I had been contemplating on whether we should get a wedding planner or not. I of course did not see the need for a planner my lovely wife was a few steps ahead of me and had already called around and got in touch with Claudia. My wife had set up a consultation and I was there via Skype. The chemistry was definitely there as both parties laughed and connected on many levels. From that moment on we had a great time planning our wedding with the ladies. Every vendor they had recommended surpassed our expectations and we were very pleased. I cannot believe that I did not want a planner. I really felt their support when it was time to pick details about the wedding. They were there to get excited with my lady about planning. A little side note for the guys, men are not very enthusiastic when it comes to planning a wedding (we know). I kind of missed the moments where I was supposed to be extremely excited about things such as, colors, flowers, bridesmaid’s dresses, etc. Luckily Anaise and Claudia were my support group. They, unlike me, knew when it was time to get excited and I was really grateful for that!
    Having the ladies around was a great benefit. We were happy with all of the hard work Anaise did in planning the wedding. She made sure that we were in budget, paid all of the vendors on time, and was not afraid to give her professional opinion if something looked bad. We love Claudia because she was always in good spirit and kept thing interesting. She is also designed our wedding invitations which were amazing. Her last minute thinking and color coordination is legit, please trust her she is very good at what she does! I would recommend these ladies for your wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2014

A Day To Remember's reply:

Oh my goodness...you've brought tears to our eyes. We had such a blast and were so honored to be a part of your perfect "day to remember"! ;) Both you and Alicia made it so easy to plan your wedding and greatly appreciate that you trusted us 100% to give you a beautiful, unforgettable and uh-mazing day! Love to you both! XOXO

-- Anaise & Claudia :)

Miranda · Married on 06/21/2014

Claudia was amazing! She had such creative ideas and suggestions that helped to make the day special and memorable for everyone. She really knew how to make the wedding and reception reflect "us". The weekend went by so fast, I want to do it all over again!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Erika · Married on 10/26/2013

She is awesome!! Dedicated, caring, creative, and PASSIONATE. She made the planning process fun, exciting, and painless. My wedding was amazing!!!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2013

Using Claudia of Day to Remember was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made. At first, I thought I could plan the wedding on my own, as I am a pretty organized person and I'm usually the party planner in our family get togethers. Boy, was I mistaken when it came to the wedding! I had a vision, but quickly realized I didn't have the expertise or the time to take on for my husband's and my special day. I went online and in magazines and kept coming across A Day to Remember, among other planners. Claudia's personality and her enthusiasm are what won me over. I'd seen her beautiful work and knew that with all those elements combined, I was in good hands. Claudia and her staff did such a wonderful job and I couldn't imagine having someone else for our wedding planning experience! Claudia had such wonderful ideas, she was fun and always on top of things! Thank you, thank you for making our day perfect!

Sent on 10/04/2013

A Day To Remember's reply:

Thank you so much for those beautiful words Jessica! It was such an honor for you to pick me! Definitely had a blast and can't wait to start planning for the little ones in the future! ;) Big hugs! XOXO

In my wildest dreams would I have imagined that our wedding day would have turned out SO beautiful, SO well organized and SO very special. I resisted hiring anyone to help me plan or even allow my friends and family to assist. I wanted to do it all myself as I really enjoyed planning and wanted to exclusively control the reigns. About a month before our wedding, I realized that I couldn't be in 10 places at once and had a major reality check. Claudia and her team happened to be available for our wedding, so they stepped in, put me at ease and became my partners in planning all of the little details that I hadn't gotten around to finalizing. I LOVE Claudia and her team. She is like family now. She genuinely cares about my husband and I and did everything in her power to meet all of our needs. She even helped to design and print all of our stationery. She understood our vision and stayed true to that. I would recommend Claudia and her team to anyone in search of a planner for not only a wedding, but an engagement party, a bridal shower, even a baby shower. Our guests were so impressed with her. Her glowing presence was felt by all.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Claudia!!!!! Our Fuchsia Earthy Urban Succulent wedding (with a hint of mint) went off without a hitch because of you. Can't wait to work with you again!!

Sent on 10/16/2013

A Day To Remember's reply:

Krystal! Thank you so much for the beautiful and sweet words. It makes me so happy to know how happy you and Kobe were with everything. Your words are a true testament that no matter how Type A a person may be, you shouldn't try to do it all yourself. We believe every couple deserves at least a month of planner! :)

My team and I are honored we were able to create a wonderful "day to remember" for you both! XOXO

Claudia is a woman who makes things happen! She is exactly the kind of lady you want behind you on your wedding day. I had no worries the whole time because I knew she would go above and beyond to make our wedding beautiful, special, and memorable both for my husband and I and our guests. Admittedly a control freak, letting go was one of the most difficult parts of wedding planning for me, and I never would have been able to if I hadn't worked with Claudia and her team!

Sent on 08/12/2013

A Day To Remember's reply:

Awww...Sarah! I absolutely had a blast working with you on your perfect day! You and Luke made for a beautiful and sweet couple and I'm so honored and humbled I was able to be a part of your big day! Big hugs to you both!!!