A Day Like No Other Reviews

A Day Like No Other 4
  • Cristina

Cristina Scheau · Married on 06/30/2018

Wedding at Thomas Fogarty

We had an absolutely fantastic experience with Jutta as our full-time wedding planner and she's definitely the major reason our wedding ceremony came to life!

We're a busy couple living in the Bay Area - Jutta took us through the whole business of planning the wedding and made it feel like a breathe. From the moment we contacted her ~8 months before the date (we only had a venue secured) through the day after the wedding, she was truly a lifesaver. Her organization skills, communication and responsiveness are truly outstanding. She'd send us reminders in case something required our attention and whatever question or request we had - would always respond within minutes even to late-night emails.

Jutta took on majority of coordination with vendors - from advising on picking the vendors, to handling all of coordination details and making sure the week of and the day of runs super smoothly. I really like the French country style and Jutta went to incredible lengths to arrange the table decor to be just perfect! She also helped to guide and suggest possible ideas in the areas of the planning we were unsure of. Jutta took care of every single details - from finding a vintage typewriter and bike for decor to hand-crafting the signs herself.

On the day of, Jutta and her amazing assistants made sure that the entire day proceeded smoothly according to pre-planned (5mins intervals!) timeline. We could fully enjoy the moment knowing that Jutta takes care of all details. She stayed all the way through the night and made sure that gifts, flowers and other details will be taken care of.

Besides outstanding professionalism, Jutta is wonderfully calm and caring person with a keen sense of humor. If you want your wedding day to be truly outstanding - you can't go wrong with A Day Like No Other. Thank you, Jutta!

A Day Like No Other 5
    A Day Like No Other 6
    A Day Like No Other 7
    A Day Like No Other 8

Joan · Married on 06/25/2018

We contacted Jutta Lammerts of A Day Like No Other just 8 weeks before our wedding and she came through with flying colors!! We had an amazing day! Jutta took the time to find out about our "style" and was keen to understand what would make a perfect day for our wedding celebration. And then she went to work! Wow! In short order we had a list of vendors with notes and recommendations on each, we received a preliminary timeline, advice on a variety of issues and the comfort of knowing Jutta was totally on it! Her follow through is impeccable - something that was super important to us as we were both traveling and busy with other projects. She patiently and often reminded us of decisions and deadlines and kept us all on track. The preliminary timeline was updated during the planning process and we had a very detailed plan prior to the day of our wedding - no last minute surprises. Several of our vendors commented that Jutta is one of the best event planners that they work with!
    We threw Jutta a few curve balls, some creating last minute adjustments, but she truly hit a home run for us. We are so grateful that we hired Jutta and we are delighted to highly recommend A Day Like No Other.

Mary · Married on 04/28/2018

5.0 star rating 7/13/2018
    Jutta was amazing! She is super professional, communicates quickly, answered all our questions, had great ideas from her years of experience and was graceful and easy to work with from the bride's perspective and from the mother's perspective. I enjoyed and learned from each of our meetings. All the plans moved forward on time and her detailed timelines helped us all to relax and know we were in good hands. Day of Jutta was the on top of everything and yes, she really was the last to leave. She interfaced with all the other vendors so magically that they all want to work with her again. My highest recommendation! Use Jutta and you will have a lovely time and enjoy your own wedding. Vicky

Remove review

Sent on 07/13/2018

A Day Like No Other's reply:

Dear Vicky, Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so glad everything went exactly like you wanted it, and that you enjoyed the Great Day. It was a pleasure and an honor working with you!

hassan · Married on 10/14/2017

Jutta, is a total pro! She was responsible for making our wedding truly magical and a day like no other!! She was so incredibly patient with our rapid new ideas and constant change of plans and accommodated our every request. She also has THE best wedding ideas which helped us a lot! She even stayed to the very end and helped with everything.

Don't hesitate, she is truly the best! We honestly couldn't be happier!!

Thank you Jutta!

hassan · Married on 10/14/2017

Don't hesitate, she is truly the best! We honestly couldn't be happier!!

Thank you Jutta!

Marian · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I had a really positive experience working with Jutta and her assistants Angeliki and Mary-Kate to help plan, coordinate, and execute our wedding in San Francisco. We selected Jutta's "month of" coordination service, but she began to help us immediately. We really appreciated her responsiveness to emails, her attention to detail, her thoroughness, and her intelligence. Jutta provided really helpful referrals to other vendors, which made many other wedding decisions easier. In the weeks before our wedding, it was wonderful to know that Jutta was communicating with all our vendors, and coordinating the timeline for the day. Our entire wedding was executed perfectly. Angeliki ran our rehearsal the night before, and she was a really pleasant, organized, and friendly person to work with. Angeliki did a wonderful job the day of the wedding, and there's not one thing about the day that we would change. Finally, Jutta's assistant Mary-Kate served as our dog Suki's caregiver during the wedding, and she did a wonderful job. I really loved watching Mary-Kate feed Suki tiny pieces of chicken jerky during the ceremony; it worked perfectly to keep Suki quiet. We would very highly recommend Jutta to anybody planning a wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2017

A Day Like No Other's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words, Marian! I am so glad that you and Aaron had a perfect wedding day, and that you were happy with our services. That's our best reward!

Kate · Married on 10/07/2017

Helped my wedding day run smoothly as planned. Such a memorable day! And Jutta typed up a blog for us to enjoy right after the wedding.

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

We give Jutta our highest recommendation! She was fantastic--more than words can say! She was truly a lifesaver in so many ways, and I don't think we would have survived the wedding planning process without her!

Jutta's communication, organization and responsiveness are outstanding. She would send friendly reminders if certain tasks needed attention and always responded to our questions in a timely manner. She coordinated with and between vendors skillfully and was so on top of everything, consistently. She had fantastic design ideas and was a great sounding board as we were considering various options. Keeping our budget in mind, she would recommend vendors that fit our price point. It was evident that she is very well connected within the wedding planning community and clearly very respected. Almost all of the vendors we interviewed (even those that we learned about on our own) had heard of her and spoke very highly of her.

On the actual day of, Jutta and her two assistants were stellar. They visited with bride, groom, church and reception sites and helped everyone stay on track. Jutta helped keep us on schedule during the reception, which was very helpful since we had a lot of activities planned. We appreciated how available she was throughout the night; she always kindly reminded us of what was next on the schedule so that we could be prepared. She stayed through the end of the reception and beyond, ensuring that everything was taken care of with gifts, vendors and that everyone's questions were answered.

Besides being an incredibly capable wedding planner, Jutta is a lovely human being who is hugely generous and deeply caring. Jutta, we can't thank you enough for everything you did to make our wedding day a dream come true! We miss you already and can't wait to be in touch!

Mary-Kate · Married on 06/24/2017

Jutta is a dynamo and true professional. You can be confident that not only will she get the job done, it will be done well. Jutta generously agreed to take over the planning process for my wedding a few months before the date. No small feat; however, Jutta's years of experience allowed her to do so seamlessly. She is an expert planner with attention to detail that might otherwise be overlooked. She is calm under pressure and executes tasks with a smile and lightening quick speed. Each of my vendors remarked how delightful it was to work with her. As a testament to Jutta's good nature, she helped me feel that no request was too big or small. Several of our guests remarked at how our wedding was both greatly personal and filled with joy which was our ultimate goal. I am grateful to Jutta for helping to make this happen.

John · Married on 03/12/2017

We are so lucky to have found ADLNO! Just thanks!

Taryn-Lyn · Married on 10/08/2016

From beginning to end Jutta at Day Like No other was there to guide me to the "right" vendors, calm my nerves, and there enjoy great moments of happiness. I contracted Jutta for day of coordination but Jutta made her self available to me every step of the way. We spoke often and also used a great online planner. I had lots of fun inputting guests, pictures and Jutta was always updating the site as I sent in vendor contracts and other bits of wedding info.
    With the Big Day's date coming up fast- I thought I'd be a raging mess but truly I wasn't. Jutta had everything under control-Timelines, vendors, drop offs, deliveries the list goes on & on. Everything was being taken care!! Having the peace of mind to spend stress free time with family & friends.
    Day of the Wedding I met with Jutta and her assistant as I was leaving the hotel heading to venue. Jutta smiled and with her strong calming energy- told me I was beautiful, the venue looked great & she had everything under control. I believed her and her words were needed and gave me much comfort.
    The Ceremony & Reception were so beautifully magic, I'm still on a high.
    So to wrap this up- You want/need A Day Like No Other to be there for you, on your Big Day!!

Sarah · Married on 09/25/2016

Jutta was great! she was so patient and so professional....I changed our design and small little things about the wedding so many times and she was always there for me to make it work...She was also the greatest planner I could have asked for on the day of the wedding, she was on top of everything, from getting me a dog sitter to handle my dog at the ceremony and then take him home at the reception to having a lunch ready for us before starting our big day, and she saved my dress (a long story !) ....all in all everything went smooth as exactly as I had in mind...I definitely recommend her to everyone...thanks Jutta for making our day the best day ever!

June · Married on 09/03/2016

Jutta and her crews were extremely professional, accommodating, and personable. Our wedding day went very smoothly. Her team was exceptional, and helped coordinate even the most complex of wedding plans. We are thankful she helped make our special day truly memorable. We would certainly recommend her service to our friends.

Sent on 01/03/2017

A Day Like No Other's reply:

Dear June, Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad that everything came together flawlessly and that you were happy with your Great Day! We are honored to have been a part of your wedding preparations and of your wedding day itself.

My husband and I hired Jutta as our "month of" wedding coordinator. This title is a bit of an understatement, as Jutta helped us start to get organized from our very first interaction.

I can't recommend Jutta highly enough! Right at the beginning of our interactions she put together a detailed list of everything we had planned and everything we had yet to plan, and then kept us on track, sending us friendly reminders to get various things done.

As the wedding day came closer, Jutta took over contact with our various vendors and put together all of the various moving pieces for us. This was a HUGE help, as we had hired all kinds of different people and having somebody responsible for telling them what to do was perfect.

Jutta ran our rehearsal and looking back on it, we would have had no idea what to do without her there directing us. My mother, my husband, and his parents were all able to go into the wedding day totally stress free, confident in the fact that Jutta had everything organized and under control.

It may seem a bit unbelievable, but I wasn't even a tiny bit stressed during the entirety of my wedding day. I didn't worry at all about what time it was or if I was supposed to be doing something; Jutta or her assistant was at my side directing us when we needed to do something and keeping us on track.

I'm sure there were some things that went wrong throughout the day, but I didn't know about any of it since Jutta handled everything. She is a true professional and I am SO glad that we hired her.

Nancy · Married on 11/14/2015

Jutta and her team are outstanding! Every part of the wedding process was carefully thought out and well organized.
    My husband and I could not have asked for a better planner. We have received several message from friends and family about how beautiful our wedding was some have even said best wedding ever!
    Thank you for making our day so memorable!

Jutta is an amazing coordinator, she organized my wedding and I've also worked side-by-side with her as a vendor. She is simply the best!

Derek · Married on 09/27/2015

Our wedding was super memorable thanks to Jutta and A Day Like No Other. As an intercultural couple, we wanted a wedding that reflects our individual backgrounds while having the style of a California summer outdoor wedding - not an easy thing to achieve. What made it extra challenging was that we had only gotten engaged just 7 months prior to the wedding date. Without Jutta's help we couldn't have been able to pull it off, let alone a truly fantastic wedding that our friends and family continue to gush about!

Given the shortened timelines, her suggestions on the right vendors were highly valuable. They were all super high quality but she also kept our budget in mind, letting us know where we can achieve the proper tradeoffs to get what's most important to us while keeping budget inline. Her deep knowledge about weddings ensured that any running around to find the right vendors was kept to a minimum.

However, the most difficult thing was to put all the pieces together - how do we include all the cultural bits, from visually putting the decors together to fitting them into a strict timeline without clashing and overwhelming the whole wedding. Her meticulous work of mapping out all the details and her ability to identify how things should go together made the whole process very straightforward. And she was super patient when we moved bits and pieces around to accommodate different requests. After we had finalized the plans, she also communicated with all the vendors to ensure that everyone is on top of things.

On the wedding day itself, Jutta's assistant, Kelsey, was super attentive and cheerful. We were constantly reminded that we should enjoy the special day and not to worry about the details. Indeed, we didn't! We simply experienced the fairy tale wedding. Literally everything went as discussed without a hitch.

Without Jutta's attentiveness and expertise and Kelsey's support, our wedding wouldn't have gone nearly as well as we had hoped.

Krista · Married on 09/26/2015

Keep calm and let Jutta handle it! Jutta was invaluable to us from day dot. Trying to plan a California wedding from Australia has so many challenges (just in timezone differences alone), but Jutta helped to guide us all along the way to make our day seamless. She has fostered such great relationships with California vendors and was able to suggest the perfect fit for all of our needs. What's more, not only does she offer fantastic suggestions, she actually listens and is able to translate your vision to a beautiful outcome.

To anyone getting married, just know things that are out of your control do and will happen around your wedding (it's the sign of a good marriage;). Knowing that, you want someone like Jutta to help put out the fires. I sliced off a portion of my thumb and ended up in the ER the night before we flew out to California. Jutta worked with our photographer to ensure it didn't show up too much in the photos and she even came prepared with few different styles of gloves in case I wanted to take extra "hiding" precaution.

My now husband is a total control freak, and even HE was put at ease and trusted Jutta to execute the day-- which she did perfectly! We can't recommend her enough!!

Tobia · Married on 08/29/2015

Jutta is amazing. She is the best wedding planner I could have asked for and did an amazing job at our wedding in Carmel on 8/29/15! She is very well connected, and knew our venue, our DJ, and even helped us find a great florist, chalkboard artist, and hair/makeup people!

She handled day-of-wedding bride meltdowns with humor and practicality and kept the whole wedding going on time as scheduled.

She helped us ensure that no small details were forgotten (easel for the chalkboard) and even did lots of grunt work (carrying vases from the bridal suite to the venue, distributing kid's favors).

Honestly, we can't say enough good things about Jutta and anyone who is looking for a planner should book her NOW.

Thank you so so so much, Jutta!!! Our wedding was beautiful and we could not have done it without you!!!!

Deidre · Married on 08/15/2015

There is no other Planner in this business that brings such professionalism and dedication to her 'Bride of the Day'.... It's always a pleasure to work with Jutta and I always relax a little knowing she is 'running the show'. She truly makes it A Day Like No Other!!!!

Tanya · Married on 08/15/2015

Jutta of “A Day Like No Other” was my wedding planner. I wanted to have my wedding in San Francisco for around 200 guests, and it was hard to find a good venue. Jutta had a large list of venues and vendors, so she helped me a lot as I was searching for the perfect venue. I decided on the Julia Morgan Ballroom, which she had done a few weddings at already. She was very organized in every aspect, which was great because I am a very organized person as well. She made lists of everything. Her timeline for the day of was on point. She was very responsive through email, text, and phone call. I was planning the wedding from out-of-state, so most of our communication was done in email, which worked out fine. She contacted all vendors and made sure everyone had the most up-to-date information for the wedding day. She also worked on this huge project for me of putting all the wedding favors (which also served as name cards) together! She calligraphed all of the her hand-designed cards that attached on the back of the wedding favor of wine stoppers and stuck a little gem on each of them according to the guests’ meal preference! Such amazing work!
    On the wedding day, everything flowed perfectly and on time! I highly recommend her as a wedding planner because she really worked hard to make everything stress-free for me. She had great ideas and also improved on my ideas for the little details as well (since I’m also very detail-oriented). I was really happy with how the wedding turned out, and I couldn’t have had such a perfect wedding without her!!!

Sent on 12/25/2015

A Day Like No Other's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tanya! It was a real pleasure planning and designing your Great Day, and we worked so well together... I am so glad you are happy with how your wedding day turned out, and that you have the most beautiful memories!

We hired Jutta for the Wedding Month Coordination. Jutta was very professional and is a good resource. She gave us a really good referral to a guitarist for our ceremony. Communication was always prompt. She is organized, efficient and detail- oriented. She made sure our wedding schedule was running on time. She also helped me arrange our beautiful centerpieces! We had such as good time at our wedding because I know I can rely on Jutta to take care of everything for me for the day!

• User4331967 · 2+ years ago

Jutta from A Day Like No Other did an incredible job planning our wedding. I requested Jutta's assistance after finding many of my vendors but her vendor connections and recommendations were spot on for the remaining ones I was looking for. She also was very helpful with bringing to life my vision for the wedding - elegant, timeless, and sophisticated while staying on budget. She is extremely professional, promptly responds to all emails, and has a wealth of experience in the industry. She was willing to let me be as involved as I wanted and I am one of those people who wanted to have a hand in everything and she was totally ok with that. Her services started the day I signed the contract and her price was better than most others I looked into.

Catherine · Married on 04/12/2015

We had planned on doing our wedding in August, but one of my family members' health took a turn for the worst, so we decided to move up our wedding to last week so that the family member could enjoy our wedding in good health. When I first emailed Jutta explaining the situation, I expected at most that she would be able to arrange a small court ceremony for us and a nice dinner in a restaurant. What she gave us instead was beyond my wildest expectations. She not only arranged for us to have a real wedding closer to what we had planned, but within 48 hours she had arranged the hotel and venue, hair and makeup, video-grapher with live streaming, photographer, DJ and florist. She even arranged for the macaron favors we had wanted to use in August. She really made sure that the wedding felt like a proper party and not like the rushed thrown together thing we had expected. Her readiness to leap in and help us was incredibly overwhelming, and thanks to her and her team our guests had a wonderful time. People kept coming up to us and saying they could not believe the wedding had been put together in six days, and they never would have guessed this was not what we had originally planned. All the vendors she used were ones that we had selected from her vendor list, and they were all incredibly professional and helpful. Jutta is an incredibly professional planner, and we are so grateful and amazed at what she was able to pull off on such short notice. She cares very deeply about providing the best service and best results for her clients, and will always be there making sure you are staying on top of any tasks or deadlines. Believe me with less than a week to plan it got a little overwhelming at times, but Jutta always kept her cool and helped me keep my bearings. I really wish she could have been there to see it, but her assistant Kelsey was warm, charming, and professional beyond her years. We were truly lucky. Thank you so much Jutta and Kelsey!