5120 Restaurant & Onyx Bar Reviews

4.7 out of 5 rating
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Jocelyn Married on 10/15/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    After seeing pictures of someone's wedding at this venue, I booked a tour thinking that it would be way out of my budget. I was wrong, it was very affordable and gorgeous! Admittedly, I didn't think it would live up to the pictures when I walked into the lobby (it's attached to a Country Inn and Suites hotel) but I was wrong again. The bar itself has the feel of a high end Scotch bar/Pub with gorgeous woodwork and an amazing ceiling. Andy, the bartender, was so incredible and reassuring throughout the whole process and especially the reception. Jennifer, the event coordinator, is fantastic. I know I am gushing, but I seriously had the best wedding at this venue and the staff were a huge part of it. Jennifer is organized, knowledgeable, creative, and personable. Almost every guest told myself or my husband that they loved the venue and that it was beautiful. The food, oh man, the food...sorry, the food was hot (plated per table), delicious, perfectly cooked, and people raved about it all night. Overall, our wedding was smooth, perfect and delicious and a huge part of that was the staff at this venue. I did hear that they may be renovating this year, but I don't know much about that. I will say that, as long as they continue to have amazing staff, this is a great venue for a wedding.
    Michelle Married on 01/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jen is an awesome wedding coordinator. She's very flexible, easy to work with and always responds in a timely manner. The venue is gorgeous. Highly recommend!
  • User2130454 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We got married a couple weeks ago at the 5120 Restaurant & Onyx Bar. We absolutely loved it! The venue is gorgeous. Pictures don't even begin to do it justice. Light floods in the conservatory space meaning hardly any decorations are needed. You can get the feel of an outdoors wedding without needing to worry about weather. The food is amazing. We received rave reviews from all of our guests. The staff is also amazing. We had set aside some flowers for our cake. One of the servers took it upon herself to cut them up and arrange them around the cake. It looked like a masterpiece!

The venue is located in a fantastic location for guests coming in from out of town. They run a shuttle to and from the airport and the Mall of America. None of our guests had any need to rent a car.

The coordinator, Jen, is a complete joy to work with. I can't say enough nice things about her. I would email her a list questions late at night or in the middle of the day and she would always get back to me. She was very flexible, too. We had some last minute cancellations due to a health emergency. She worked with me to make sure I wasn't charged for those guests.

Basically, we had the wedding of our dreams in a gorgeous venue. Thank you to everyone there for making our dreams come true!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • User1675529 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Jennifer is simply amazing! She was flexible and accommodating; she went above and beyond my expectations. On our wedding day, before I could worry about something happening, Jennifer was on it! I was so impressed. She is extremely friendly, a straight talker, and answers questions quickly. Not only is she epic, the venue space is lovely and impressive! Thank you so much!
  • User1185870 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We just had our wedding here a couple of weeks ago and all I have heard ever since is the how great the venue is. It is really a hidden gem tucked away in a unlikely hotel.. The Country Inn and Suites. The many different rooms was great for the atmosphere of entertaining many different guest; the bar for drinkers, the ballroom for dancing and the lounge area for chatting. They were open to all of my ideas and helped my vision to be 100% on the day of without worrying AT ALL. The coordinator Jennifer is AMAZING!! She is really the brains and the brawn behind everything this place has to offer. Definatly a place to check out.. you will be pleasantly surprised.
  • User1007156 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They were so easy to work with, affordable, and amazing food and service both before and during the wedding. Great staff, great atmosphere. They made planning simple and made sure that everything went off without a hitch. They were super flexible about everything!!!
    Rachael Married on 09/13/2014
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with Jennifer at 5120 Onyx Bar & Restaurant was a breeze. She is very nice and quick to respond to all of our inquiries. From the initial contact, to tours, tastings, and ultimately our reception she held our hand the whole way. The food was delicous, space was gorgeous, and staff was always smiling and helpful. I would strongly recommend this venue to anyone! So worth the money!
  • Rae
    Rae Married on 06/02/2012
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were very happy with 5120. We received a lot of compliments on the food and atmosphere. We had about 65 guests and the venue was the perfect size for us. Jennifer was great. Early on in the planning, we did have some difficulty with communication with her, but as our day got closer, she was very quick to return her emails and was great to work with.
  • User2180393 2+ years ago
    4.3 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding at 5120 Restaurant & Onyx Bar was perfect! Leading up to the wedding, Jen was very helpful – sometimes she did take a while to respond to questions that I had, but she always got back to me eventually and everything turned out wonderful on the day of. We loved the smaller space that we could have both our ceremony and reception. The separate spaces (bar, bistro, and conservatory) within the venue were nice to have so that guests could spread out. The food was absolutely amazing. We went with the buffet option which worked out well. We got compliment after compliment about how good all of the food was. The staff (Jen, wait staff and bartender) was all really nice to work with.
  • User2171702 2+ years ago
    4.2 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is the most beautiful place to get married/have a reception. The solarium is stunning, and you get the feel of an outdoor garden wedding, without having to worry about the weather. The staff is so helpful, and the food was delicious.