413 on Wacouta Event Center Reviews

75 | Saint Paul, MN

75 Reviews for 413 on Wacouta Event Center

• Jacki

Jacki · Married on 06/22/2013

My husband and I hosted our June wedding reception at 413 on Wacouta. We have so many wonderful things to say about it, but here are our top 5.

(1) Lynn and Britty are wonderful. They were both professional, honest and overall great wedding planning resources. From the first time I met with Lynn to Britty congratulating Troy and I at the end of our reception, Lynn and Britty answered all of our questions, gave suggestions and made our day go smoothly.
    (2) The Gilbert Building is beautiful. With its exposed stone walls, chiavari chairs and vibrant colors the lower level reception space is gorgeous. It has the romantic, intimate and historic feel that Troy and I were looking for. We did not have to put a lot of time, energy and money into making the space look great because it does on its own.
    (3) 413 on Wacouta is flexible with vendors. We were able to choose from a list of 14 caterers so that we could set the menu we wanted at a price we wanted to pay.
    (4) 413 on Wacouta is conveniently located in Lowertown St. Paul just around the corner from Mears Park. There are several hotels within walking distance. Our wedding party and guests enjoyed going to Bulldog and Barrio right next door for pre and post wedding drinks.
    (5) The bride and groom can take rooftop photos!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Heather · Married on 03/23/2013

As soon as we saw 413 on Wacouta and met Lynn, we knew this was the perfect site for our March wedding ceremony and reception. We wanted a St. Paul wedding, flexibility with catering, and a venue that reflected our personalities and style: creative, easy-going, nontraditional, vintage-loving (well, at least me). We also wanted an intimate, warm vibe for our wedding that would make our guests comfortable. 413 on Wacouta did just that!

My husband is a structural engineer and fell in love with the look of the building and especially the lowerlevel reception site. I loved all the details about the space - exposed stone walls, beautiful chavari chairs, dimmers to control the lighting and mood, spot lights over each dinner table to highlight centerpieces, a gorgeous floor and ceiling in the ceremony room, a lovely bridal suite, etc. And our guests did, too. People could not stop talking about how unique and beautiful the space was. We had about 150 guests - which felt just about right - but the space would definitely work for a smaller wedding and reception or a larger reception-only event.

Plus, the location was perfect. We took pictures in Mears Park, the alley next to 413, the roof of the building (amazing), and on the streets of Lowertown. Our guests loved being close to the Bulldog and Barrio for both pre and post wedding drinks. Parking wasn't an issue - you can rent a flat lot nearby, and there's plenty of street parking.

All of these amazing things aside, Lynn and Britty are what really make 413 on Wacouta stand out! Throughout our wedding-planning process, Lynn was always available to answer my many questions and offer helpful wedding advice. The day before the wedding, Lynn and Britty were downstairs helping me with linens and working through all the logistics. And the day of, they took care of everything!

If we could do our wedding over again, I would choose 413 on Wacouta every time.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Katie · Married on 09/21/2012

Lynn was more help than I could have ever asked for. She was professional, honest, flexible, accomodating, and FUN! She has done many weddings but treats each bride and groom like the world revolves around them. From the first meeting to the last minute of the night of our wedding, she had our backs. She was fun, held down the fort, and knows the best of the best. I would recommend her to everyone I know, for any type of event.

Sent on 10/04/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

Hey lady, Did you say fort????? FYI: Katie had me say a certain word over and over so she and her Mom wouldn't cry as they went down the aisle. I loved your sass and that you and Brice worked on the projects together for your wedding! I might also add that I like cake, but I really enjoyed the ice cream cookie sandwiches, a few times over......
  • Cassandra J

Cassandra · Married on 08/11/2012

Planning our wedding we decided to prioritize the costs of the wedding based on how important we felt they were. We both put venue in our top three—so finding the right venue was very important! When we met with Lynn at the 413 on Wacouta we both knew that this was the place. The limestone walls and rich colors in the basement are enough to make your heart swoon. But after meeting Lynn I knew this was who I wanted at the reigns on our wedding day—she made me feel like I knew how to plan a wedding. Working with her was just as I thought it would be; she was reliable, professional, and incredibly personable. The day of the wedding was perfect and our guests still talk about how much fun they had, how beautiful the building was, and how nice Lynn and Joan were! Thank you, Lynn & Joan for making our day all that we imagined! If you are a bride and planning a wedding you must stop by and fall in love with the 413.

Sent on 10/11/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

You and Peter are the best! You guys have such great friends and family, your ceremony was meaningful and you threw a very fun party! Our role at 413 on Wacouta is to make sure all the planning that you did goes as smooth as can be so you can enjoy the day! Your "photobooth" with Cass Gilbert and your guests was one of the best ideas and I have passed it on to others!

Emily · Married on 12/31/2011

413 was the picture perfect place for our wedding ceremony and reception. The building is beautiful and Lynn is on top of everything as the day of coordinator. We loved that we could have our ceremony in the beautiful ceremony room then move right into our reception in the lower level of the historic St. Paul building. We also loved that we could pick from a wide variety of caterers on her exclusive catering list and weren't forced into using a venues one and only caterer. He preferred vendor list was also a great place to help pick out great people to work with on our special day.

Sent on 01/06/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

What can I say Emily and Mark have great taste! Seriously, Buca, Agape Moments, La Petite Fleur Floral, The Traveling Photobooth. Friends and family danced the night away until the stroke of midnight!

Katie · Married on 12/30/2011

This was the perfect location for our winter wedding! We had our ceremony and reception inside this stunning venue which eliminated the need for our 140 guests to travel from one to the next. This venue - located in the lowertown area of St. Paul - created the warm, intimate atmosphere we were hoping to achieve for our event.

Lynn is such a professional when it comes to having weddings at her venue! I knew from our first meeting that she would help me work out all of the details and logistics for the big day. She quickly responded to all of my questions, and organized a final walk-through a few weeks before our wedding. When it came to the wedding day, she took care of everything behind the scenes, allowing us the chance to just enjoy the day.

I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding of less than 150 guests. It is the perfect setting if you are looking for a location which can accommodate your ceremony and reception.

Sent on 02/14/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2011

I could not imagine having our wedding anywhere else... it was love at first sight. We used both the ceremony and reception area. Both areas are intimate and romantic, perfect for a smaller wedding like ours. *Rooftop photos are a must, great shots, plus it gives you a little bit of alone time* Lynn will make sure your day is just what you want it to be, she is just the best!

Sent on 12/01/2011

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

Oh Jenny, you're the best! Jenny and Jeff always smiling, makes my job easy because they have smiling friends and family too! The cake from Buttercream and the food from Chow Girls made the smiles even bigger.....details included table numbers made from flower buds!

Angela · Married on 10/22/2011

413 on Wacouta was amazing! Lynn was extremely helpful and resourceful throughout the entire process. Once we looked at this beautiful and unique space we didn't need to look any further. The ambiance of the venue fit us and was exactly what we were hoping to find for our wedding. It was fun to choose the vendors we wanted to work with, and mold each and every detail in a way that made our wedding day uniquely ours. If I could give this venue more than a 5.0/5.0 I would in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 01/16/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

Gary and Angela were a "team" before they were officially married! The planning was a joint effort and they had an awesome event. Great family, food and a live band, what more could you ask for??

Christine · Married on 08/13/2011

413 on Wacouta is an amazing, unique space. I've received more compliments on the beauty of the venue was and how well organized the whole reception was. Lynn at 413 knows how to manage an incredible event! And, she is very very responsive, professional, kind, good at troubleshooting and brainstorming. My husband and I knew it was the perfect fit the moment we saw it (and met Lynn - we had alike philosophies on wedding receptions and making it special for guests).
    413 on Wacouta is near hotels, a block from Mears Park and lowertown restaurants - out of town guests loved the whole atmosphere during their long weekend in St. Paul for the wedding.

Sent on 01/18/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

Oh my gosh, Christine and Brian! So many ideas and details about your wedding day I have passed on to my other 413 couples! You had the cream of the crop when it came to your vendors, and I for one was flattered to be a part of that list! Greeting the guests at the very start of the reception definitely had staying power until the end! Stellar idea. You guys know how to throw a party!
  • CHONG

CHONG · Married on 08/26/2018

The venue is very well kept. We fell in love with the cozy yet spacious atmosphere. We loved that we could have the ceremony and reception at the same place, but in different rooms! Britty was great with giving the tour and answering any questions along the way. On the day of the wedding, Britty took care of unboxing and setting our table decorations. Toni was wonderful with helping to coordinate and pinning all the boutonnieres and corsages. Toni even packed up all the decorations at the end of the night. Our guests were complimenting the venue all night! Great place and service from the team at 413 on Wacouta.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Do you want a jaw dropping venue? This is certainly the place, our guests loved everything about the place. Several great spots for photos. We are so glad we chose to have our wedding reception here! We loved everything about 413

Sent on 02/18/2016

Maureen · Married on 05/23/2015

Our daughter's wedding was a treat for all. The staff at 413 Wacouta was top-notch. Britty kept us well-informed, and was very clear about her responsibilities, as well as ours. We hired a DJ, a bar service, a caterer, cake and flowers, but there were no hassles for anyone. Not ANYONE.

The setting is intimate, but large enough for a medium-big wedding (we had 165), including dancing, and all were delighted with the party. The availability of "upstairs" space for a homemade photo "booth" was great, too -- loads of fun and funny shots of our guests.

The price? Fantastic. Many other places are prohibitive, even just "walking in the door." 413 was reasonable, flexible and helpful. I can't think of better adjectives, as the mother of the bride. Thanks to all at 413. Clear communication, excellent service, perfect evening.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Meaghan · Married on 08/30/2014

Britty was amazing! She went above and beyond helping my mom with decorations and accommodating our various requests. The venue is beautiful and uniquely St. Paul. Joan was great on security detail, handling pesky little things before this bride got annoyed.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Kalin · Married on 08/16/2014

We knew before we were engaged that we wanted to have our ceremony and reception at 413. We toured the space, met with Britty and discussed possible dates. Once we got engaged, Britty made the booking process simple and helped answer all of our questions. Throughout the planning process, Britty stayed engaged and responsive to all our one-off email questions. When we found out there was a wedding reception the Friday night before our wedding (therefore not allowing an evening rehearsal), Britty worked tirelessly to make schedules work so we could still have the rehearsal on Friday without stepping on the other wedding party's toes. On the day of the wedding, Britty was calm, supportive and efficient. She helped all the guests and wedding party members feel right at home - I had no qualms or stressors during the day knowing she and her team were helping on-site with everything. The venue itself is gorgeous and all the guests gushed about its beauty and uniqueness. Thank you, Britty, for all your hard work and assistance with making our special day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/20/2014

Abby · Married on 08/12/2011

As soon as my fiance (now husband) and I saw this venue we knew it was perfect for us! It had all the right touches to make our day special. Lynn, the owner, was SO helpful. She never pushed anything on us, but gave us her professional opinion when we asked. Her knowledge and experience made our planning that much easier and better. If I had questions, she was so quick to return my calls or e-mails.
    After our wedding, we received so many compliments about how perfect the venue was!! I would recommend Lynn and her venue, 413 on Wacouta, 100%!!

Sent on 01/16/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

Abby got it! She made sure that the details for their wedding and reception reflected their personalities all the way down to the wooden sign that had a saying that best described them. She even borrowed it to my bride that was getting married two weeks later! That's right, we share......

Anneka · Married on 10/25/2014

Britty was fantastic to work with, she always responded to my inquires with in a few days. She was also very professional and friendly. 413 is already a very beautiful space and needed very little decoration. Everyone commented on how cozy the space felt. The roof access was amazing it produced some amazing photos. The proximity to Mears Park is fantastic, and the skyway access was very helpful for out of town guests.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Samantha · Married on 05/10/2014

The classic beauty this building offers as well as location makes this venue a must! Working with Britty was wonderful, she insured we thought of everything and everything went smoothly on the big day.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Laura · Married on 05/26/2013

Great Venue - we had our ceremony and reception here and it was so beautiful. Truly great people to work with and such a neat building. We loved having our wedding here!

Sent on 06/12/2013

I hosted my wedding reception at 413 on Wacouta. This venue has a wonderfully unique feel - it's intimate but still accommodates large parties and is impressive yet not stuffy. The architecture is already a great backdrop, so you don't need to do a lot of decorating. Lynn did a great job of coordinating and accommodating vendors - she has the whole process down to a science. There is a parking lot, hotel, park, church and bars all within walking distance. I had so many compliments from guests who attended. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone looking for a beautiful, charming and unique reception experience.

Sent on 10/04/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

All the details that you guys had for your wedding day it really should be published! From Nate, the hot dog man, to the favors, to the floral love your Mom did........so fun and your event had lasting power, full house until the end!

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2012

Lynn (coordinator and owner of 413 on Wacouta) is great to work with! She's responsive to all your requests, goes the extra mile to make sure your day is stress free. She has excellent tips to make the space feel and look exactly how you want it to.

The venue is beautiful. Our guests loved the limestone. We would highly recommend 413 on Wacouta!

Sent on 08/02/2012

3.5

This site is beautiful and worth every penny. The ceremony room is fully decorated and looks like a dream. The reception area is also beautiful and requires little decoration. Just table decorations are necessary really. I couldn't have picked a better site to host my wedding. Now in terms of the service, the owner appears to be super helpful right up until the event aside from forgetting to mention the security fees to her employees which are separate. Plan for this if you use this venue because we didn't and almost had a budgeting issue. The night of our wedding, the owner turned into a true diva. Now I'm a super low maintenance woman and I was the most easy going bride so I went with it but if you are wanting to be the center of attention on your big day, she'll remind you she's the boss. She made fun of an issue with my dress to my face and got angry when a guest opened an unmarked door that happened to be unlocked but had an alarm go off. This wouldn't have been an issue if A. the door had been labeled that it was alarmed B. if it had been locked and C. if the "security" we paid for actually did anything. That being said I wouldn't change a thing. I had a wonderful wedding.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Heather · Married on 09/29/2012

413 on Wacouta is an amazing venue for a wedding. We loved everything about it, and Lynn is a bonus! The venue is beautiful - it's classy, romantic, and charming. Our guests all commented on how beautiful everything was. Lynn will make sure that everything runs smoothly, just as you planned. We highly reccomend 413!

Sent on 10/11/2012

John · Married on 06/08/2013

3.0

413 is a great place to have a wedding reception. I am sure that within a few years of working out a few minor quirks, they will be able the premier location for receptions.

Sent on 07/02/2013

4.2
      3.0

Great space. Lynn was professional, attentive and very helpful.

Sent on 10/18/2012

413 on Wacouta Event Center's reply:

Sad day....I guess it does makes it a little tough to respond because I have never had a bride or a groom with the name Anonymous, so I am not even sure if they are one of my 413 on Wacouta couples.... I strive to offer the best customer service I can and always have the best interest of the couples when it comes to their big day!

2.5

The 413 is very well kept and managed. If you are splurging on some things and cutting corners on others, you may not feel comfortable here. The management was not familiar with (turned their nose up to) a couple of my vendors, and made snide remarks about my freelance photographer. I was basically terrified to be married here but the decision was already made. My friends assured me my feelings were just a product of anxiety. I married the man of my dreams, the venue was beautiful and my guests had a great time. Several weeks after our wedding I checked the 413 Facebook page to read the wedding comments and congratulations. There wasn't even a mention of our event. Every wedding before and after us was mentioned. Sad day. I was the poor,pathetic, budget bride
    bride, who did not fit in at the 413.

Sent on 04/09/2013