1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Aleta
    Aleta W. Married on 06/25/2022

1928 was fantastic!

Throughout planning, 1928 was easy to work with through emails and meetings. The workbook that was created helped us stay organized and allowed us to understand what additional items we needed to focus on.

We chose to utilize the day of coordination and we are so glad we did. The team made the wedding day run smoothly and allowed us to focus on sharing the day with our guests, instead of having to work out the final details with the vendors. Would highly recommend 1928 and their day of coordination offering.
  • Shannon
    Shannon M. Married on 06/11/2022

Wonderful Service

We chose 1928 Planning for our Day of Coordinator and it was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. Danielle was extremely helpful during all stages of planning – answering random questions, vendor suggestions, wedding timeline, set up/tear down of décor, etc. Logistics of the day went off without a hitch and we couldn’t have done it without her. Getting a day of coordinator is one of the best things you can do to ensure you have a calm, stress free wedding day. Having Danielle on-site really allowed me to enjoy the day because I knew we were in great hands. They’re worth every penny.
  • Joanna
    Joanna H. Married on 04/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kept us on track and made it easy!

Danielle and her team made the wedding planning process so smooth. The workbook she uses with clients makes it easy to stay on top of all your lists and to dos, and really sets you up for success. Day of, there was truly nothing they hadn't thought of. Everything looked beautiful and ran so smoothly - we couldn't have done it without 1928!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Nick
    Nick M. Married on 03/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

THE must have planning service

Danielle and 1928 helped us plan and host our wedding at Solarium in Stevensville. She was organized, responsive, and easy to work with. She thought of all the little details that ensured we had everything covered. So much so that she went out on the day of the wedding to get a tide pen to remove a sightly smudge on my wedding dress.
    Their day of planning service is a must to take the stress out of decor set up and take down.
    Take advantage of their rentals. It makes finding those little details super easy!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra B. Married on 02/19/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Your essential wedding must have

1928 was an absolute joy to work with. My husband and I both come from different lines of planning. I come from large scale hospitality while my husband has run the lighting and audio for various large productions at stages all over Michigan. We didn't necessarily need someone to help us plan our event from the beginning, but what we really needed was someone who could take our vision and run with it. Danielle took our plan and worked with us for months leading up to our wedding. She worked with us to complete the most specific and comprehensive google doc that had every single moment of the actual day planned and organized. With this doc I was able to send her messages with new updates and upload photos for the design we were going for. She made our vision come to life with more sparkle and pizazz than I could have hoped for. To her additional credit I almost never saw her until she needed me to move to the next location or she wanted to bring me a cocktail and if there were any issues, I never heard about a single one. She was our team leader and she performed her duties 100% successfully. Not only did she put together the most beautiful wedding, but she also tore it all down on her own which is INSANE because we brought everything in a uhaul having had to travel hours to our venue. She packed up our entire wedding in about an hour and we never even saw it happening. Hiring 1928 to be our day of planner was the absolute best investment we made when it came to our wedding. I will shout it from the rooftops to any of my friends getting married. Do yourself a favor in advance, and just hire them now. You don't need to look any further or think any more on it. Just do it.
    Sarah E. Married on 01/07/2022

Fantastic Service

1928 Planning Co. was amazing from the second my now husband and I reached out to them. They immediately set up a phone conference to discuss what each of their packages entails. We ended up going with the Day Of Coordination package and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We met with Danielle via Google Hangouts several times before the big day. We had to make many changes because of COVID-19 and they handled them with ease. Danielle and Gail were at our rehearsal to organize everything, which I so appreciated. They asked questions I had never thought of and were such a calming presence. On our wedding day they set up all decor, made the day run super smoothly, and tore down at the end of the night. I cannot recommend them enough!
  • Haley
    Haley S. Married on 10/24/2021

So helpful!!

Hiring 1928 planning was honestly the best money that I spent on my wedding! They were always so kind and accommodating, and I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding!
    Nikki S. Married on 10/17/2021

Great Coordination

I hired 1928 for a "day-of coordinator", as I was comfortable planning everything but wanted someone to do the running around the day of to ensure everything was smooth. I was assigned Stephanie and thank god....because she did an amazing job! I got married at a venue where I had to bring everything in and setup. She handled the million things I threw at her with a smile and paid great attention to detail. I'm a former wedding planner myself, so I was pretty picky on what I expected. It's so important, as a bride, not to worry about anything that day...to sit back and watch your planning unfold beautifully ....I was able to do that. Thank you!
    Michele W. Married on 10/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision we made in planning our wedding

Danielle and 1928 was absolutely crucial in the entire process of planning our wedding. Looking back on the whole process, we could not imagine it without Danielle's guidance. Her consults and workbooks helped us plan things that we didn't even realize we needed to plan. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and a huge part of that was thanks to 1928 Planning Co. If I could give any piece of advice to any prospective couples out there- hire this company to help you plan your day!! You will not regret it.
  • Erin
    Erin E. Married on 09/25/2021

Day of Coordinator

We hired 1928 planning for day of coordination. Danielle was very responsive throughout the whole planning process even though I did not hire were for direct planning. She is beyond talented, professional, and organized. I greatly appreciate how much time and effort she put into our wedding day. We also were at a newer venue. We were only the 3rd wedding ever at North Lake Weddings & Events, so it was beyond helpful to have a professional like Danielle help us prepare for the big day, along with keeping things moving and organized on the day of.
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen N. Married on 09/24/2021

Wedding Coordination

We used 1928 for our wedding at 12 Corners Vineyard. Stephanie was our point of contact leading up to the day of and she was readily available/easy to contact for any questions we had. We upgraded to the day of coordination and it was absolutely worth it! Everything went off without a hitch and I didn't hear a peep the day of. Everyone was extremely kind, helpful, and professional - they made our wedding day go smoothly and everything was beautiful!
    Austin C. Married on 09/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Danielle and her team are the best!

Dakota and I booked the Veranda @ the Whitcomb and 1928 was included with the venue. They have a variety of upgrade options, but even their basic package is so helpful. You can pick and choose what upgrades you would like. Having options really helped us stay in our budget! From the beginning Danielle and her team were professional, timely and helped guide me to the perfect wedding day. Even when I had random questions, I would hear from her within 24 hours. If it was a busy weekend for 1928, they communicated that as well and always followed up appropriately. The workbook was such a help in planning my day and knowing what I needed to complete. The day of the wedding was perfect. We did upgrade to have decorations put up and taken down. Being from out of town we arrived to Saint Joseph on Thursday. I did not have to think or do anything for the wedding until the day of. I chose to do my own flowers, so the day of we dropped off our decorations and flowers. Spent about an hour putting them together, and from there the 1928 team did the rest. When we arrived for the ceremony everything was perfect. They followed my ideas and plans to the T. Thanks to Danielle and 1928 I was able to enjoy time with family and friends, relax before the wedding, and live in the moment the second we arrived. I cannot imagine my day without them!
  • Heidi
    Heidi H. Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent Experience with 1928 Planning Co.

Danielle and her team were great to work with. The planning and communication leading up to the wedding were wonderful and Danielle definitely helped us stay on top of everything with our busy schedules. We made some last minute additions and she was always great in making things happen! Our wedding day was perfect from the set up to the implementation and we are so thankful for all that Danielle and her team did to make it such a memorable experience.
    Shawnee G. Married on 09/15/2021

Wedding Ceremony & Reception

Working with Danielle and the entire 1928 Planning Co. Team during our wedding planning process was honestly one of the most exceptional experiences of our life. My husband and I live 2.5 hours away from the Veranda and we planned our wedding through emails and phone calls- this was a scary process at first but it ended up being a smooth and exciting process the entire time! Granted there were bumps in the road but Danielle handled everything without batting an eye. The Veranda is beautiful and in an amazing location! Initially we were supposed to be married at an offsite location but the weather had its own plans; Danielle called my MOH the day of the wedding and handled it all and made our ceremony identical to what it would have been at Rocky Gap. We were obviously bummed but it was gorgeous and ended up being the right decision! We highly recommend the Veranda for a wedding ceremony and reception! The team was exquisite and we couldn’t have asked for a better and more beautiful wedding day!
  • Nicole
    Nicole S. Married on 09/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful team to work with!

1928 Planning Co was a wonderful company to work with! We used them for partial planning (day-of services only)- I had no idea this was a service but it was a life saver! Danielle and her team provided clear, concise, and constant communication to ensure our wedding day went off without a hitch. Set-up and tear-down went smoothly, not a single item missing, and it was all decorated exactly as I had described! Friendly and conscientious service all around.
  • Amy
    Amy J. Married on 09/10/2021

Excellent and Must Have!

We didn't really choose 1928, but I'm so happy we got "stuck" with them! 1928 were the Venue Coordinators at our venue, The Veranda. We upgraded our service with them for Day Of Coordination, Rentals, Lighting and Transportation Coordination. And boy were they excellent! Stephanie was fantastic! Always responsive! Their process is really helpful to make sure no detail is missed. The setup and clean up at the end of the day made the Day Of worth it alone, and there was so much more they did!! Stephanie wrangled our bunch for the rehearsal, was there to make sure things went off without a hitch on wedding day and had staff there on site all night to make sure things went as planned. Thank you so much Stephanie and 1928!
    Sarah B. Married on 09/05/2021

Five stars all around!

We had a wonderful experience having 1928 as our day of coordinators. They were incredibly helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding, made sure we didn’t miss a single detail and helped our day go off without a single issue! Hire them!!
  • Caroline
    Caroline K. Married on 08/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would Recommend 1928 Planning Co. to Anyone!

Danielle and the entire 1928 Planning Co. team were amazing. I contacted Danielle only a couple of weeks before our small wedding to set up the décor for our reception and she not only took us on as a very last minute client but designed our reception space better than we could have imagined! I extremely appreciated 1928 Planning Co.'s attention to detail and how easy they were to work with. I'd highly recommend 1928 Planning Co. to anyone planning a wedding!
  • Joanna
    Joanna B. Married on 07/31/2021

Best Wedding Planners

they were very helpful in organizing the details needed for us and help us stay on task for what needed to be done with in a timeline as we got closer to the wedding. They were very helpful the day of and after the reception to take care of everything we needed so we didn't have to worry about it ourselves. They were GREAT to work with, very professional and were there at a moments notice if we did need to go over anything last minute. WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS HOW AMAZING THEY ARE!!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision we ever made!

We live roughly 3 hours away from the St. Joseph area, and had to plan a wedding during a pandemic, I think it is easy to say that we are straight up insane.

Danielle and her team made our special day go off without a hitch. We felt so comfortable leaving the reigns in their hands and would not have been able to enjoy our special day without their help.

If I could go back and do it all over again I would have opted for the full wedding planning package instead of the day of coordination. Do not think twice about booking 1928 Planning!
    Sarah M. Married on 07/23/2021

Best Wedding Planner

Danielle was amazing to work with from the beginning! She was always quick to respond to the questions that I had and always had great ideas to solve problems that would arise. I felt very confident that she would bring my vision to life while I was busy getting ready and taking pictures. She was very willing to make my day perfect! She even drove to the church, which was at a different location, to get our bouquets for us to take pictures with! At the end of the night Danielle and her team did all the clean up, which was not only a relief to me, but also to my family! You won't be disappointed if you hire Danielle and her team to help with your wedding day!!
    Amy J. Married on 07/09/2021

Wonderful!

Danielle and the entire 1928 team is absolutely amazing. Event coordination was included with our venue; however, since we were planning an out of town wedding we decided to upgrade to full planning. From start to finish, Danielle was available for all our needs. She kept us on track with timelines, provided great resources, and kept us calm and focused on important items. Danielle paid attention to details that we never would have thought about. Wedding planning was fun, exciting, and very little stress all because of Danielle and her team. We could not imagine planning a wedding, let alone it being a perfect day, without 1928 and their services. Highly recommend!
    Rachel R. Married on 06/11/2021

Excellent day-of planning services

We hired 1928 for day-of services for our wedding in June 2021. Danielle provided great insights about our venue and other vendors during our initial consultation as she is very familiar with the SW Michigan area. She was readily available for questions throughout our wedding planning then became an asset during the last month of planning. She helped with the layout, timeline, and where decorations would go. Stephanie and Emma were our day-of contacts that organized the rehearsal, set up, and tear down the day of so I did not have to worry about any of it! Overall they did a spectacular job and the whole day ran incredibly smoothly on my end. I was blissfully unaware of any behind the scenes work that went on to have the day go off without a hitch!
  • Erin
    Erin L. Married on 06/11/2021

Best Wedding Coordinator Team Around

Danielle and the rest of the 1928 Team are amazing. I'd highly recommend to any couple who is getting married! When my husband and I first got engaged I really toyed around with the idea of having a " Day of" Coordinator. I wasn't sure if it was necessary but after realizing I really don't know the in's and out's of a wedding and speaking to friends who have gotten married, we were quickly convinced. And to anyone out there, I would say it is absolutely necessary to have AT LEAST a "day of" Coordinator for your wedding. Danielle was absolutely wonderful and helped us with every little aspect for the 2 months leading up to our wedding. She was extremely professional and put me at ease during the whole planning experience. 1928 was extremely flexible when we had to postpone our wedding during Covid which was extremely nice. Our wedding rehearsal and actual wedding went incredibly smooth because of Danielle and her team, I did not have to worry about one thing which is definitely worth it when you're the bride! If you are in need of a wedding planner or "Day of" Coordinator, look no further - you need to hire 1928 Planning. Thank you Danielle and 1928!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle P. Married on 05/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Helped my wedding day run seamlessly!

Danielle and her team were amazingly helpful during a very stressful time wedding planning with COVID. I would recommend hiring her for day of and month of services in a heartbeat! My day ran so seamlessly and I didn’t worry about any of the details knowing everything was in hand and being taken care of :)
illustration stars