1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan Reviews

89 Reviews for 1928 Planning Company - SW Michigan

• Sarah

Sarah E. · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Fantastic Service

1928 Planning Co. was amazing from the second my now husband and I reached out to them. They immediately set up a phone conference to discuss what each of their packages entails. We ended up going with the Day Of Coordination package and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We met with Danielle via Google Hangouts several times before the big day. We had to make many changes because of COVID-19 and they handled them with ease. Danielle and Gail were at our rehearsal to organize everything, which I so appreciated. They asked questions I had never thought of and were such a calming presence. On our wedding day they set up all decor, made the day run super smoothly, and tore down at the end of the night. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 08/06/2020

Shawnee G. · Getting married on 09/15/2021

Wedding Ceremony & Reception

Working with Danielle and the entire 1928 Planning Co. Team during our wedding planning process was honestly one of the most exceptional experiences of our life. My husband and I live 2.5 hours away from the Veranda and we planned our wedding through emails and phone calls- this was a scary process at first but it ended up being a smooth and exciting process the entire time! Granted there were bumps in the road but Danielle handled everything without batting an eye. The Veranda is beautiful and in an amazing location! Initially we were supposed to be married at an offsite location but the weather had its own plans; Danielle called my MOH the day of the wedding and handled it all and made our ceremony identical to what it would have been at Rocky Gap. We were obviously bummed but it was gorgeous and ended up being the right decision! We highly recommend the Veranda for a wedding ceremony and reception! The team was exquisite and we couldn’t have asked for a better and more beautiful wedding day!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Amy J. · Married on 07/09/2021

Wonderful!

Danielle and the entire 1928 team is absolutely amazing. Event coordination was included with our venue; however, since we were planning an out of town wedding we decided to upgrade to full planning. From start to finish, Danielle was available for all our needs. She kept us on track with timelines, provided great resources, and kept us calm and focused on important items. Danielle paid attention to details that we never would have thought about. Wedding planning was fun, exciting, and very little stress all because of Danielle and her team. We could not imagine planning a wedding, let alone it being a perfect day, without 1928 and their services. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2021
  • Erin

Erin L. · Married on 06/11/2021

Best Wedding Coordinator Team Around

Danielle and the rest of the 1928 Team are amazing. I'd highly recommend to any couple who is getting married! When my husband and I first got engaged I really toyed around with the idea of having a " Day of" Coordinator. I wasn't sure if it was necessary but after realizing I really don't know the in's and out's of a wedding and speaking to friends who have gotten married, we were quickly convinced. And to anyone out there, I would say it is absolutely necessary to have AT LEAST a "day of" Coordinator for your wedding. Danielle was absolutely wonderful and helped us with every little aspect for the 2 months leading up to our wedding. She was extremely professional and put me at ease during the whole planning experience. 1928 was extremely flexible when we had to postpone our wedding during Covid which was extremely nice. Our wedding rehearsal and actual wedding went incredibly smooth because of Danielle and her team, I did not have to worry about one thing which is definitely worth it when you're the bride! If you are in need of a wedding planner or "Day of" Coordinator, look no further - you need to hire 1928 Planning. Thank you Danielle and 1928!

Sent on 06/22/2021

Rachel R. · Married on 06/11/2021

Excellent day-of planning services

We hired 1928 for day-of services for our wedding in June 2021. Danielle provided great insights about our venue and other vendors during our initial consultation as she is very familiar with the SW Michigan area. She was readily available for questions throughout our wedding planning then became an asset during the last month of planning. She helped with the layout, timeline, and where decorations would go. Stephanie and Emma were our day-of contacts that organized the rehearsal, set up, and tear down the day of so I did not have to worry about any of it! Overall they did a spectacular job and the whole day ran incredibly smoothly on my end. I was blissfully unaware of any behind the scenes work that went on to have the day go off without a hitch!

Sent on 06/24/2021
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle P. · Married on 05/30/2021

Helped my wedding day run seamlessly!

Danielle and her team were amazingly helpful during a very stressful time wedding planning with COVID. I would recommend hiring her for day of and month of services in a heartbeat! My day ran so seamlessly and I didn’t worry about any of the details knowing everything was in hand and being taken care of :)

Sent on 06/14/2021
  • Gabi

Gabi R. · Married on 05/15/2021

Love them!

1928 was professional and unbelievably helpful in so many ways. Not only did they help with the planning, finding vendors, and cleanup/set up, they also went out of their way to take away any additional stressors that came up. Our wedding was perfect because of Danielle and her team!

Sent on 06/01/2021
  • Meghan

Meghan M. · Married on 04/10/2021

Amazing Experience with 1928 Planning and Danielle!

Working with Danielle and 1928 was amazing from start to finish! I highly recommend them for day of coordination and event design. I truly wanted to make sure that on the day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing and neither did any of my family and friends. The day ran so smoothly because of Danielle and I honestly felt like a guest at my own wedding and it was a dream. She kept me on task on my planning and made the process so much easier especially in the last few months leading up to the wedding which was so helpful and such a stress relief when dealing with covid restrictions sometimes made it less than fun. She was truly on our team and ready to help us pivot our plans in any way that was needed even last minute because of the unknowns of being a covid bride :). Finally, decor is not my strong suit so we also used Danielle for event design to create the whole look for our reception space and it turned out absolutely STUNNING. If you don't know what direction to go I highly recommend using 1928 for this as well as it was 100% worth it.

Sent on 05/01/2021

Emma A. · Married on 03/10/2021

Excellant !

1928 planning company was a joy to work with. They made my big day seamless, easy, and stress free.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Erin O. · Married on 11/27/2020

Amazing wedding coordination team!

1928 Planning Company is the team to work with for any type of wedding planning assistance and coordination that you need. Going into it I had no idea what all a wedding coordinator did – I soon found out pretty much anything and everything. We ended up going with full day-of coordination, a design package, and assistance with guest transportation – all of which were 100% worth it. Even when having to reschedule our wedding date due to covid, Danielle and her team were very understanding and flexible. I mainly worked with Danielle throughout my wedding planning process and I can attest that she is extremely efficient, professional, and takes into consideration every detail! Her team that was onsite at our venue the day of our wedding were very easy to work with, set up all décor as we had envisioned and planned for it, and coordinated with all of are other vendors to make our day seamless. Very much recommend 1928 Planning Company for a wedding or any other event!

Sent on 07/15/2021

Kylie T. · Married on 10/10/2020

Great Experience

We used them for day of coordination! Highly recommend. They take the stress off of you on the wedding day and their planning workbook really helps to plan as well.

Sent on 10/25/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/03/2020

Very responsive and informative!

We worked with Stephanie at 1928, and opted in for additional wedding planning services outside of what our venue provided. She was always very quick to respond and answer any questions that we had and even assisted us with finding additional vendor partners to work with. Throughout the entire process Stephanie made sure we had all the information we needed to throw the wedding we wanted.
    Unfortunately we had to make the difficult decision to cancel our large wedding in Michigan, and instead had a small intimate gathering in Wisconsin. This meant that we would no longer be able to work with Stephanie and her team. Calling to cancel was a very difficult call to make as we truly enjoyed all our time working with Stephanie.
    I have no doubt that had we gone through with the larger wedding, everything would have been perfect! We cannot recommend Stephanie and the 1928 team enough!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Katie · Married on 09/13/2020

Wonderful Experience!

I cannot say enough great things about my experience with 1928 Planning for partial planning and day of coordination for my wedding. We had so many changes to work through due to COVID including date changes, multiple venue changes, overall safety concerns, and bridal party changes up to the hours before our event which was all extremely stressful. Having Danielle and Stephanie in our corner to help us manage through it all was an absolute relief. Danielle kept us organized, made amazing recommendations, shared advice, and was extremely patient leading up to the day. Stephanie was there for the rehearsal and day of and was so kind, professional, and helped so much throughout the day including packing up decorations. I cannot thank the 1928 team enough for their hard work and flexibility!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Casey

Casey K. · Married on 09/12/2020

1928 - the best investment for your wedding day!

Planning a wedding in 2020 came with many challenges and we were so thankful to have Danielle's support to navigate through them all! Throughout the entire process, she remained a steady, calm source of encouragement. She listened to us, really understood our vision and kept coming to the table with ideas and creative solves to allow us to still execute our dream wedding in line with state COVID regulations. She helped us to completely transform our ceremony and reception to take place outdoors (with just a few months notice!) for the first time EVER at our venue without having to sacrifice our vision one bit! Leading up to the wedding Danielle captured every single detail of our vision for the day. On our wedding day we were able to relax and enjoy without a single concern for schedules/decor/etc. because Danielle took complete control and executed everything beautifully as planned. Not only was Danielle awesome, but her cost was significantly more reasonable that other planners we consulted with at the beginning. 1928 was by far the best investment we made for our wedding day - Danielle is a unique gem in the space and a trusted sidekick to make your vision a reality!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Sarah S. · Married on 09/07/2020

Mom of bride

Danielle was exceptional in every way. Organized , flexible , and always had great ideas. I highly recommend her

Sent on 09/17/2020

Amanda S. · Married on 09/07/2020

Wonderful!

It was a pleasure to work with this company and our wedding planner Danielle. Our wedding planner was attentive, patient and organized. We had many changes during the COVID pandemic and they helped to change our plans and create a very safe wedding. We did not experience any issues and I would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/20/2020

Hunter R. · Married on 08/29/2020

1928 Made My Dream Wedding A Reality!

Stephanie and the rest of the 1928 Planning Co. crew was absolutely amazing! Unfortunately my husband, Jim and I had the obstacle of COVID-19 during our wedding planning process, but Stephanie was there to reassure us and give any advice or suggestions to help make our day happen. Stephanie worked with us every step of the way and would keep us on track to make sure all plans were set in time for the big day. My favorite and most helpful thing is the Google Drive Workbook that they provide for you to enter all your information that pertains to the wedding, big or small. This kept us organized and allowed Stephanie and her team to be 100% prepared for the wedding day. No surprises on either end. Once the big day arrived, it could not have gone smoother. We added additional ceremony coordination to our package and it was the best decision and money well spent. Jim and I didn’t have to worry about a thing for the ceremony set up. Stephanie and her team did it all! The whole day went beautifully and we truly didn’t have to worry about a thing. If you’re getting married in SW Michigan, the 1928 Planning Co. is your go-to wedding planner!

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Kate

Kate V. · Married on 07/10/2020

Best Decision Ever

If you're skimming through lists of top wedding planners right now save yourself some time and give Danielle from 1928 Planning Co. a call! No matter what stage of planning you're at right now I promise you she and her company are an absolute asset. Personally, I didn't need much help sourcing vendors, finding a venue, choosing colors, creating invitations or anything like that, but what I did need was someone to calm my nerves, confirm last-minute details and vendors for the day of, someone to handle every "oh shit" moment or unexpected issue with our venue and 1928 Planning Co. handled it all in spades! Danielle is patient, detail-oriented, funny, smart, great at creative problem solving (she never came to me with a problem only to tell me that there was a problem and how she'd already taken care of it). I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about her and her team. 10/10

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Lubna

Lubna I. · Married on 06/26/2020

Absolutely Amazing!!

So happy with 1928. Danielle was absolutely incredible to work with. She made everything so easy. Emma and Ashely helped me stay stress free the day of which is exactly what I needed. Highly Highly Recommend

Sent on 07/08/2021

Theresa G. · Married on 05/30/2020

Spectacular vendor experience!

I can’t say enough great things about Danielle and her team at 1928; planning a wedding during COVID was a unique experience- changed dates, changed venues, and last minute scrambling was a bit stressful- however Danielle was an ABSOLUTE savior coordinating the wedding! I don’t know what else we could have thrown at her, and she handled everything with the most positive attitude and such grace, she was just wonderful. Danielle came to the table with such professionalism, kindness, and awesome ideas on what we could do to modify everything. I admittedly am a super type-A person, but I had absolute trust in Danielle and her team to make the occasion perfect- and they sure did! We ended up throwing a last minute backyard wedding of my dreams with her help! Down to every single detail, it was magical, and I can’t thank the 1928 team enough for all their hard work and flexibility! Could not recommend Danielle and team enough!!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Kambren

Kambren S. · Married on 02/06/2020

1928 Made My Dream Wedding Come True!

I would not know how I could of survived and made my dream wedding what it was without Danielle and 1928! Along with 12 Corners Vineyard and my other vendors. Just a beautiful perfect day!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Sarah E. · Married on 10/18/2019

Wedding in Michigan

My husband and I chose to hire a day of coordinator about 3 months out from our wedding and it was the best decision to go with 1928!! Danielle was amazing from start to finish and made us feel at ease during such a stressful time. She was encouraging and kind, but also extremely responsive to everything we needed. Her team was also very professional and helped to make our day perfect! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Christina · Married on 10/13/2019

Super organized and responsive!

1928 Planning Co. and Danielle are a pleasure to work with! We hired Danielle and her team for day of coordination and our wedding could not have gone more smoothly. Danielle is very organized and responsive to ALL questions. She made sure that every detail was thought through and taken care. I could not have imagined a more perfect day!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Amy

Amy R. · Married on 09/28/2019

Exceeded expectations

I literally could not have asked for a better wedding day or a better planning partner than Danielle. I have never been the type of person that knew exactly how they wanted their wedding day to look/feel, which honestly made the planning process all the more daunting at first. I thought choosing vendors and making decisions would be difficult and that was not the case at all. Danielle made the process so smooth that I actually found it to be enjoyable. My husband and I are so thankful to have had her by our side as our day of coordinator on our wedding day as well. I didn't receive a single call or text the entire day, she handled everything for us. When people ask me how I felt afterwards, the only appropriate words are: "the day exceeded my expectations in every way". Even our guests were impressed!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Melissa · Married on 08/16/2019

Stress-free and Beautiful

Danielle did an excellent job of planning with us our vision throughout the whole process. Christine our day-of coordinator did an amazing job helping out together all the decorations and keeping everything running smoothly. Everyone was surprised how we weren't stressed out for our wedding, but it was easy when we had 1928 to work with.

Sent on 08/14/2019