1705 East Reviews

1705 East 4
1705 East 5
1705 East 6

Sarah · Married on 03/03/2012

We loved the team at 1705 / Rocky Top Catering! They were very professional and were able to make all our wishes come true on our wedding day. The food was awesome and the venue was a great place for both our wedding ceremony and reception. All our guests enjoyed everything as well and complimented us on choosing such a great venue and men.u

Sent on 03/14/2012

Beth · Married on 11/12/2011

Jenn and the entire Rocky Top Catering team were amazing. They took great care of me from the initial planning stages to the actual event and made it stress free. The food was incredible and my guest are still talking about it and service. Of course the physical environment is very beautiful, classy and warm. This venue is worth every penny spent!! I just hate that my wedding is over! I highly recommend this venue for any special event that you are planning.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Heather · Married on 11/06/2011

Rocky top catering and 1705 Prime helped to make our wedding the most amazing memorable day of our lives. We couldn't have asked for better people to help with our day. I was so relaxed knowing I could trust them to put my vision together and execute it perfect. We loved it all!! Thank you to everyone who was there. It wouldn't have been the same with you. Espically Todd and Jenn!!!

Love, The Greens!

Sent on 11/07/2011

stephanie · Married on 10/29/2011

The venue was absolutely gorgeous. Food was good, not as amazing as what we had at the tasting but still very good. Staff was very accomodating and provided quality service. Jenn C. was our sales manager who coordinated the whole thing and did everything we asked and beyond, she was so thorough with everything to make the day easy on us. And packed up everything that night for us perfectly to pick up the following day. Very pleased and I would definitely suggest them to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2011
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 09/26/2011

We fell in love with this venue as soon as we saw it. We love the modern feel inside with the outdoor ceremony location. All the staff were very accommodating and made each of our requests a reality. Our coordinator did change three times throughout our planning process which was a little frustrating but each person was very responsive and attentive. The only small negative I would have about the site would be the location. The busy street corner is a bit noisy but it did provide some comic relief to our ceremony! All in all I would highly recommend 1705 to any couple!a

Sent on 10/05/2011

Faith · Married on 09/23/2011

I cannot say enough great things about the staff at 1705 Prime. Every detail of my wedding was handled beautifully! As someone who likes to micromanage every single detail, I fully trusted the amazing staff (Alison and Jenn) and was able to let go and just enjoy my day to the fullest. 1705 Prime has an amazing combination of southern charm and modern elegance, you will be so happy you picked them!!!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Mary Lou · Married on 08/06/2011

Without a doubt I would recomend 1705 Prime to anyone planning a wedding. The venue is the best deal out there and such a beautiful spot pictures. It is big and has plenty of space for guests to roam and be comfortable. Guests have told me it is some of the best wedding food they have ever had. Creating our menu was effortless and they really do work with you on everything! The staff is wonderful and I always felt I could trust them with everything. In fact, all my other vendors told me how wonderful they were to work with. 1705 Prime and Rocky Top really made my wedding the best I could imagine!

Sent on 08/29/2011

Anne · Married on 06/25/2011

We had our reception at 1705 Prime and can't say enough good about it! The employee we worked with was so pleasant and was happy to address any concern we had in the planning process. We came two days before the wedding to bring some "decorations" and personalized pieces for the reception and expected to be there for a couple of hours setting up. Alison, our event contact, insisted that we leave the items and that they would take care of everything....and the day of the wedding I saw what a great job they did with set-up! Other weddings in my family, we had to do almost all the work at the facilities we used for receptions-down to passing out favors/farewell rose petals,etc. 1705 was a breath of fresh air because we actually felt like guests at our own event. They were so willing to help and take things off of our worry list. The facility itself is unique with contemporary decor. I didn't have to do much decorating because the place is already pretty! I would highly recommend having an event at 1705, the staff was wonderful and they truly helped make our reception enjoyable and carefree.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Julia · Married on 05/29/2011

I cannot say enough amazing things about 1705 Prime (Rocky Top Hospitality) to serve proper justice. This venue and catering made our day PERFECT! We found 1705 and began working with Kevin there and received amazing communication and information. They were so flexible with our travel schedule (we are from out of town) for doing walk through visits and catering meetings. Alison served as our catering manager and perfectly attended to nearly every detail, question and concern we had! They are experienced, accountable, flexible and the food is amazing! So many guests commented that the venue was one of the best & most unique they had been to and was an excellent venue for the cocktail hour and dinner/dancing reception we had. Our guests also informed us that the food was by far the best they had ever had at a wedding before! My (now) husband and I purchased so much glassware and hundreds of candles, amongst all the other reception items, and they were nice enough to store everything for us in advance and set everything up perfectly! After our final walk through, I knew everything would be perfect, and it was. Amazing food, amazing venue and among the best of the best in service!! Our guests couldn't believe how awesome the cocktail, dinner and bar service was!! Highly recommended -- this place will ensure your event is perfection!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Julia · Married on 05/21/2011

My review is more than a year overdue, but having just celebrated our first wedding anniversary I'd be remiss not to share my review on 1705 Prime. Being an out of town bride, I was hesitant and nervous about putting trust into our reception site to work through all the details, but Kevin really put me at ease. He even met with my parents who on my behalf facilitated some of the planning details. We were married in a church 2 minutes away, and had the party at 1705 Prime. 99% of our guests were out of state. The space is laid out nicely, and although it looks like a home from the 1800s, inside is so contemporary - it's the best of both worlds. Plus, the food is divine. Every single one of our guests (no exaggeration) loved the reception - the convenience to hotel/church/airport, food, the space, the layout, the staff, everything. We all loved it that we even half seriously contemplated having another party there just to have another party because it was so much fun. Alison was our event day coordinator, and again I was nervous upon hearing this because by that point I had worked with Kevin for more than a year, and likewise, she put everything at ease. They accommodated vegan meals for a few of our guests and other last minute requests. The staff at our wedding reception were attentive and exceptional. Kevin and Alison took care of a lot of the details, assisting with questions, meeting with us when we were in town to discuss the food, the event day details. They decorated the place as I would have had I been there. Being a DIY bride, I did my own flowers, decor, as well as favors, and I put them into Kevin and Alison's trusty hands to take care of on event day. Our wedding day was special. Our reception fun and memorable. We extend our gratitude to Kevin, Alison, and the team at 1705 Prime for this wonderful memory.

Sent on 06/13/2012

Marta · Married on 03/19/2011

We highly recommend 1705 Prime for anyone looking for a wedding/reception venue. My husband and I knew as we left from our first meeting with the staff of Prime that we had found our wedding and reception site. The staff was very flexible with our menu changes and also gave great insight to helping us pick linens to match the overall decor we wanted for our wedding. Kevin and Alison were awesome and did everything they could to make our day go off without a hitch.

Sent on 04/25/2011

Tera · Married on 03/05/2011

I worked with Kevin and Alison while planning my ceremony and reception at the venue 1705 Prime. The entire process was extremely easy, and Kevin kept me organized the entire time and was very responsive with emails and telephone calls. I also had a few special requests (beer mainly, haha) that they worked in for me so easily and without any problems. And on the day of, if anything went wrong I had NO idea. The service was amazing, and the food was phenomenal. The bridal party had a personal waiter, Todd, who made sure we had drinks and appetizers while we were taking photos outside. My glass was always full. It was a beautiful venue and I cannot say enough good things about my wedding experience with Rocky Top Catering. My guests still rave about the food too, someone actually told me that the stuffed mushrooms we has as an appetizer were not only the best stuffed mushrooms they'd ever had, but the best food they'd ever had period. The shrimp and grit "martinis" were my favorite, best shrimp and grits I have ever had as well. It was the perfect place for our perfect day.

Sent on 04/18/2011

Cortney · Married on 11/13/2010

The team of 1705 Prime were amazing. We got a lot of compliments from our guests and groomsmen on how professional and likable the staff was! The only thing I wish I could have changed (but out of my control) was not having as many cars go by during the ceremony outside!!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2010

1705 is the perfect setting for any style of wedding! The decor is sophisticated elegance at it's best. Laurie is an awesome asset to 1705 and helped me every step along the way!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Brittney · Married on 09/26/2010

I just had an amazing wedding ceremony and reception at 1705 Prime and loved the venue for various reasons:
    1. The staff- Very professional, quick to respond to emails/calls, flexible, and accomodating. Shout out to Kevin DeHimer!
    2. The space- unique, chic, and requires minimal decoration outisde of table centerpieces.
    3. Affordability
    4. Food- something for every palate.

Sent on 10/04/2010

David · Married on 09/05/2010

Great place to have a Ceremony and Reception. Will be back for any future events. Staff is very friendly and attentive.

Sent on 09/22/2010

Lindsay · Married on 09/04/2010

1705 was an awesome reception venue. My husband and I were looking for somewhere different than a hotel or country club that still had an elegant and contemporary feel. The space is amazing, but what really sold me was Maite and her willingness to truly make the reception our own. We had so many options for food, decor, drinks, etc. Maite and her staff were SUPER attentive during the whole planning process, as well as during the actual wedding. Our drinks were never empty and we always had someone checking up on us. I really can't say enough about this place!!

Sent on 09/24/2010

Jon · Married on 07/24/2010

I can't say enough good things about the experience my wife and I received from Kevin at 1705 Prime. He was a godsend to us with how helpful, professional, easy-going, and knowledgeable he was all throughout our wedding planning and the actual reception. The venue itself was beautiful, and is perfectly laid out. Our guests really enjoyed having a separate bar area for the cocktail hour, and our wedding party was very grateful to have their own private waiting room upstairs.

I think the thing that stood out the most to my wife and I was how our every need was take care of in the most professional and quick manner possible. Kevin was very easy to communicate with, as was everybody at 1705 Prime who assisted us. During our wedding reception, Kevin assigned my wife and I our own private waitress, who constantly refilled out glasses, brought us our food plates, etc etc, which was a huge help!

All in all we could not have asked for a better reception venue than 1705 Prime, we highly, highly recommend them! The price was very affordable, especially for the quality of service we received! Thanks to all the 1705 Prime staff for making our reception perfect!

Sent on 12/31/2010

Erin · Married on 09/05/2009

I don't even know where to start to tell you how amazing Kevin & Maite helped make our day. Kevin was involved & responsive from day one helping us getting everything in order and Maite made sure everyone was prepared and the set-up perfect. They didn't miss a single detail and instead helped us have an awesome, worry-free weekend. The venue was perfect. The staff was amazing. The food was to die-for (Yes! they even made sure I got to eat!). They even set up all the decor and ran the show flawlessly.

Sent on 09/19/2010

Danielle · Married on 11/08/2008

1705 Prime is the best!!!! They organized a disorganized wedding in under 24 hours. It was a blast. I would recommend using the lounge side for the reception!

Sent on 11/13/2008

Courtney · Married on 10/11/2008

Kathy White & 1705 Prime gave me the dream wedding I could only wish for. In the beginning, when I first met Kathy and told her I wanted a short engagement, she was extremely willing to do whatever it took to get me and my husbands every wish for our wedding day.

We had dreamed of an outdoor wedding, and even though 1705 had never held an outdoor wedding, it had always been a dream of Kathy's so she made it happen. She was able to get cocktail tables and chairs for the ceremony, and she coordinated with all of the vendors to ensure that it went perfectly. We were able to have our entire event at 1705, the ceremony, pictures, and reception.The food was absolutely declicious--especially the mashed potato martini bar!! My guests have raved about it since.

The staff at 1705 was extremely attentive and helpful--and were always there when the groom and I needed anything. They had tastings for the bride, groom & family to help with our choices in food, and they also spent a lot of time discussing the bar and how to coordinate the evening in general. The staff was easy to get ahold of and quick to respond to any questions I had. They were an absolute joy to work with and captured the vision that I had dreamed of since a little girl. I honestly could not say ENOUGH about how pleased I was with 1705 for my wedding day and reception!

Sent on 01/12/2009

Kaylin · Married on 10/06/2007

This restaurant is where Michael Dean's used to be and is now their new catering and events restaurant. It has been remodeled and is so elegant and beautiful. The price is very affordable compared to other reception places in Raleigh. They are very professional, all of the servers were very attentive and nice. The food was phenomenal. The chefs there are very nice as well. I had the wedding of my dreams here and it surpassed all my expectations. I recommend this place to everyone! The only drawback is there Capital Room which is the largest only holds 120 MAX seated and around 200 standing. I had just under 100 and it was perfect. I would have put a 10 out of 5 if I could have!

Sent on 11/02/2007

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2018

I first went for this venue because of the price. I had heard great things about Rocky Top Catering, and the cost of renting this venue was so cheap compared to other venues. Everything about my wedding was a dream. The staff were absolutely amazing and they catered to our every need. They got us food from the buffet and delivered it to us so that we didn't have to get up. They always made sure we had a drink in our hand. Our guests raved about the food as well. They said it was the best wedding they've been to. The venue recently went through some upgrades and it was really beautiful. The pictures that I have seen so far have looked amazing and so beautiful and I can't wait for the rest. I would definitely recommend 1705 East.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Abby · Married on 06/28/2014

Rocky Top catering was great to work with, affordable, and the food was delicious! Kevin DeHimer helped to make our wedding day extremely special. From providing 6 flutes and champagne specifically for toasts to creating a perfect menu, Kevin made our wedding event unique to us! In addition, Rocky Top's catering and serving team were excellent. They were helpful, polite, and willing flexible. We received numerous compliments in the food and service during and after our event. Thanks Rocky Top!

Sent on 07/07/2014

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Rocky Top. Everything went smoothly at our daughter's wedding reception. We could relax and enjoy our celebration while Rocky Top took care off the whole event.

Sent on 05/29/2013