1705 East Reviews

1705 East 2
  • La'dasia

La'Dasia · Getting married on 05/24/2020

Nice & affordable

This place is very nice very affordable. Samantha is very responsive & made sure to keep checking in with us. Also the food was OK. & the venue space is very beautiful.

Sent on 04/29/2019

1705 East's reply:

Thank you La'Dasia for the kind review! We hope you enjoy your big day just as much as we will! Please feel free to reach out with any questions you have along in your planning.

Ashley Neal · Married on 05/04/2019

1705 provides amazing service and catering at an incredible value

We were very pleased with our wedding at 1705 East. Samantha was very responsive to our questions and helped us plan exactly what we wanted. 1705 was very flexible with our wishes and accommodated our many changes throughout the process. Samantha was very upfront with the pricing before we signed a contract and there were no hidden fees or surprises. The renovations are beautiful. The space is large and and it was lovely to have the entire venue to ourselves. The best part of 1705 East is the food! We received so many compliments and our guests told us repeatedly it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. We looked at a lot of venues and 1705 by far provides the best value for your money in the Triangle. We strongly recommend 1705 East for any couple looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Chelsey · Married on 07/27/2018

The staff at 1705 East was spectacular. They were friendly, helpful, and made sure we were happy the whole time.
    The food was out of this world delicious. We had the bubbly bar (a must have!) it was so delightful.
    The venue itself is a stunning! The bridal suite was a dream. I felt like a princess bride. There are so many picture opportunities. There was plenty of room so no one felt cramped, but everyone was still able to enjoy each other.
    Vicki was my coordinator and she was fabulous. She was always there when I needed her and she made sure that everything was perfect.
    We are so pleased with 1705. Next big party we throw will be right there!

Sent on 07/30/2018
    1705 East 3

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

1705 Prime was an awesome venue and the team was amazing to work with!! Vicki was so responsive and made sure everything was perfect!!!! We keep hearing how amazing the food was! Rocky Top Catering has so many delicious food options! I would use them again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2017

Although vicki tong was not at the venue on day of and never got to meet her personally, She was wonderful to work with.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Lindsey · Married on 04/22/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Rocky Top. Their staff was extremely helpful and friendly on the day of the wedding, and we even had friends and family say the food was so good that they should open a restaurant!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Cameron · Married on 04/08/2017

You guys were outstanding! The food was extraordinary and the staff was top notch. I can't tell you how thrilled we were to use you guys for our wedding. We had numerous people come up to us during and after the wedding letting us know how much they loved the food.

Sent on 04/28/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/01/2017

Keep in mind the extra services that come with this vendor. They were extremely flexible, ended up helping us with more than just the food! We worked mostly with Elizabeth Haman and she provided such peace of mind. She was able to give great advice about our location, venue, rentals, etc. Everything the day-of ran very smoothly. The wait staff was wonderful and very professional.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Kymberly · Married on 03/25/2017

I would highly recommend 1705 Prime! My son's wedding was at Cross and Main. The venue was breathtaking. The entire staff worked with me very closely and responded to my every need. They tool a lot of my plate as I live in Maryland and the wedding was down there in North Carolina. Everyone was amazed with the food!! We were working with a VERY tight budget and they gave my son the wedding that I had dreamed of. Everything was perfect! The staff was professional and so kind! Katie and Elizabeth took great care of every detail.

Sent on 04/21/2017

Krystal · Married on 03/25/2017

All of our guests raved about the food at our wedding! We really enjoyed the whole experience with Rocky Top - from the tasting parties to all of our correspondence with Elizabeth, I couldn't be happier. Elizabeth is truly amazing and made sure every detail was perfect. She made me feel completely at ease with everything. The night of our reception was amazing - thanks in part to Rocky Top!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Casee · Married on 03/04/2017

We chose 1705 Prime as our wedding venue because it had a classy look and feel, it was priced much more reasonably than other high end venues we had toured, alcohol was reasonably priced, and the food was delicious!!! Elizabeth Haman was wonderful to work with. She was very experienced and referred us to some excellent vendors. We were blown away by the level of service we received the day of our wedding. We highly recommend 1705 Prime and Rocky Top Catering!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Mica · Married on 10/16/2016

If you're looking for excellent food, wonderful service and true professionals, Rocky Top is the best choice! My husbands cousin had used Rocky Top for her wedding years ago, so we knew from experience who we wanted to go with for catering. From the beginning Elizabeth made us feel like our wedding was a top priority. She was so sweet and easy to work with, and made the planning process so much fun! They also invite couples to tastings to try all kinds of food from their huge menu.. it's such a unique experience. They fill their venue with top choice linens, tall centerpieces, flower arrangements and tons of delicious food.. a true feast for the eyes and tastebuds. When you choose Rocky Top you feel like you're their number one client no matter how small or big your wedding may be. On top of all that, during the wedding itself they make the Bride, Groom and entire wedding party feel pampered and special. I cannot recommend Rocky Top enough! We were very pleased. Thank you Elizabeth and team for all your hard work and being such a special part of our wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/16/2016

Working with Rocky Top for our wedding was seamless, flawless and amazing. Elizabeth is so patient and accommodating, never seemed to mind answering any of my dumb questions and came up with a menu that was exactly what we wanted while falling within our tight budget. They work with the rental company to arrange your rentals so you have less things to keep up with and fewer people to pay. They also broke down all of our chairs during our cocktail reception so they could "flip" the space into a dance floor at no additional cost to us. Everyone on the serving team was friendly and helpful and they made sure that my groom and I were fed and always had a fresh drink. They even packaged up a few plates and sent them to our hotel so they were waiting in the fridge when we arrived. So thoughtful, helpful, professional, and easy to work with. I could't recommend them more highly than I do!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

Great food and great service all around. We worked with Kevin for our initial planning and set up. The staff for our rehearsal dinner was great. Very kind to our guests and accommodating. I highly recommend not only 1705 Prime as an event venue but also Rocky Top Catering. Our guests are still talking about the food. Guests who said they didn't even like salmon said they loved it. We really appreciate everything!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

1705 Prime was an excellent choice for a reception venue--both in terms of the space and the catering. The newly refurbished dining room and bar area have a lovely, modern look that was perfect for our wedding reception. The dinner was just fabulous--we got so many compliments on the food, which I find isn't usually the case at weddings. (Try the bruschetta macaroni and cheese. You won't be disappointed.) The biscuit bar in the later half of the evening was a big hit as well. If guests remember anything about our wedding, it's probably going to be the biscuit bar.

Kevin, our coordinator and main contact, was a delight to work with and was always willing to talk with us about anything, even small details like which color of red fabric to drape over a specific table. He really helped to streamline what could have easily been a highly stressful year of planning.

Sent on 10/07/2016

JERRAE · Married on 09/02/2016

My wedding day was amazing! I became a little nervous when my catering contact resigned however Kevin jumped right in and ran with it. He worked out our menu perfectly and was extremely helpful. The food was delicious and it was a great value. I opted for the station styled menu which allowed my guests to mingle with each other. All of the staff at 1705 Prime were professionals. This is a great "one stop shop" venue and since it rained on my day it worked out perfectly.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Michelle · Married on 04/02/2016

We were thrilled with our choice of 1705 Prime for our ceremony and reception. Jenn helped us throughout and made the whole process smooth. The venue underwent some renovations between when we first booked and when our wedding was and they definitely were for the better. She was patient with my (now) husband with his plated food choices as she knew that was most important to him. Communication was great and she let us know if there would be any delays in responses way in advance.

The day of went smooth from what I could see, if only there was some way they could have kept the ring bearer from falling asleep right after dinner! Jane helped out the day of and she was also super helpful. Thanks for making our day fantastic! Everyone loved the food and are still commenting on how great everything was. A great time was had by all!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Grace · Married on 01/23/2016

I cannot say enough positive things about 1705 Prime. They just redid the interior and it's absolutely beautiful. I had my wedding on probably the worst day of the year, during an ice storm, but the staff still made sure that my husband and I and all of our guests had a great time. Elizabeth was my planner and went over and beyond any of my expectations. Also, the food is amazing. You cannot go wrong with this venue!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Brooke · Married on 10/09/2015

1705 was very accommodating! We had originally booked The Twisted Fork, but due to a small kitchen fire it wasn't available anymore. Rocky Top was very quick in directing us to 1705 Prime and they were happy to work with us on menu & bar items. Along with decorations! Food was great & everyone had a great time!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Caroline · Married on 10/03/2015

Carol Sasseen from Rocky Top Catering/Hospitality was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! From the moment we met Carol, I was sold. I had been to a wedding reception at 1705 Prime almost 10 years ago, so I'd always considered it an option for my own, but after meeting with Carol, my decision was confirmed--we never even looked at another venue!

From the beginning, I loved the idea of doing stations for my reception dinner. I was under the impression that I had to choose from a specific set menu--I was wrong! I literally could have told them I wanted a corndog station and I'm pretty sure they would have found a way to make it happen. All joking aside, it was perfect.

Rocky Top does full on events every 3 months, which is how you get your "tasting." You show up to one of their venues, pick up your name tag, and enjoy a full reception event starting with passed appetizers, to photographers, a champagne station, seafood raw bar, full liquor bar, AND the infamous cake table. This was amazing for us because not only did we get to taste the food they offered, but we were able to see HOW they put on an event, as well. And let me tell you, the place is top notch!

I was adamant about not hiring a wedding planner--I wanted to handle everything myself and make sure it was done how WE wanted it to be done. Having said that, I left just about everything up to Carol! We chose the food and let her take care of the rest and she absolutely did. So, I may not have ever pictured having a wedding planner for the entire day, but I CAN say this... I had an OUTSTANDING "reception coordinator" after the ceremony! Carol is the first person we saw when we arrived to 1705 Prime... when she saw me, she cried. If this isn't a testament to the relationship we built over the last 7 months of planning, then I'm not sure what is.

I would recommend Rocky Top Catering and 1705 Prime 100% from every aspect-they were so easy to work with, get in touch with, and to enjoy my wedding day with!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Eric · Married on 10/02/2015

Elizabeth and the team at 1705 Prime were absolutely awesome to work with. We cannot tell you how much we enjoyed their professionalism, the venue itself, food and drinks. We have gotten nothing but positive feedback from everyone in attendance.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Nora · Married on 08/15/2015

Our wedding was two weeks ago and we are still receiving compliments on our choice of venue and food. The space is beautiful and was absolutely perfect for the size of our wedding (just under 100 guests). Many venues we viewed would have felt too large/too small, etc, but I get the feeling that 1705 is made to comfortably fit any number you have. The staff was wonderful and very flexible. I got sick at the wedding - worst luck ever - and they were so sweet bringing me anything I needed and extending cocktail hour keeping guests from noticing my absence. I would absolutely recommend this venue/catering to anyone!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Rachael · Married on 06/20/2015

Jenn Carlin and her team at 1705 Prime helped make our wedding night the one of our dreams. We couldn't have asked for anything better and wouldn't change a thing. They go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of no matter what. We are so happy and pleased that we chose 1705 Prime for our special day, it wouldn't have been the same anywhere else!

Sent on 07/02/2015

We booked 1705 Prime for our reception venue for our wedding last weekend! The venue space is beautiful, the food was excellent, and the separate bar wowed the guests! The staff was friendly and welcoming to my many questions during the wedding planning process! We couldn't of asked for a better venue!

Sent on 03/23/2015