16 Bay View Hotel Reviews

16 Bay View Hotel 3
16 Bay View Hotel 4
16 Bay View Hotel 5

Meghan · Married on 01/05/2019

Rain or shine or mist, Camden harbor is a lovely background, and 16 Bayview's rooftop bar is chic and spacious, but my daughter's bridal shower would not have been the smashing success it was without Samara Oliver and her colleagues on the hotel staff. Kind, enthusiastic and resourceful, Samara worked closely with me to maximize elegance and minimize expense-- and to keep the whole thing top-secret until the bride walked out of the elevator and we all cried, "Surprise!" Everyone raved about the food: Dainty lobster rolls, skewers of mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes, individual blueberry crumbles with cream and fresh (edible) flowers. From top to bottom, beginning to end, this was one of the nicest and easiest events I've ever hosted. I can't wait to find another excuse for a private party at 16 Bayview!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Dear Meghan,

It was such a pleasure to meet you and help plan your daughters surprise bridal shower. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and experience. I wish you all the best and hope the wedding this winter is perfect!

Brian · Married on 09/04/2018

We had an incredible experience having our wedding at 16 Bay View on "The View" roofdeck. From the moment we saw the hotel to the day itself, we enjoyed it all. It was the perfect locale... and view of Camden Harbor in the summer! Working with Samara (wedding/event planner) was easy and really fun, and she was so helpful in making our day what we wanted it to be, as well as providing great recommendations about the Camden area and local vendors. We had delicious food and drink and working with Chef Andrea and Bartender Marcus; we were able to have great variety and flavors that all of our guests enjoyed. The staff at 16 BV is the best and makes the stay there so comfortable and welcoming. I look forward to visits in the future!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Dear Brian,
    It was SO much fun to work with you both during the many months leading up to your big day. I am so happy that everything turned out how you wanted it to be. I will remember your wedding forever. Please come back and visit us soon! Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Greg · Married on 08/18/2018

16 Bay View Hotel made our son’s rehearsal dinner a truly special evening. The roof and table looked beautiful, the food was delicious, the service warm. We couldn’t have asked for more.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Greg,
    It was a pleasure to meet you and help plan your son's rehearsal dinner. It was such a beautiful event. Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback.

All my best,
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 08/17/2018

Samara and the team at 16 Bay View helped us put on an incredible rehearsal dinner. Samara worked with us to put our vision into action with perfect execution, delivering a high-end experience for all out guests.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Dear Zachary,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to work with you in planning your beautiful and very memorable rehearsal dinner. I am so happy that the event was what you had wanted it to be. Wishing you both the best with a lifetime of happiness!

Groups Sales & Events Manager

Matt · Married on 06/29/2018

Unbelievable experience. Can’t wait to stay again.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Kimberley · Married on 06/09/2018

There are not enough words to describe how great and accommodating 16 Bay View was for our wedding reception and lodging experience. We had catering plans fall through at the last minute and they were able to cater our entire event in less than a weeks notice. Not only were they able to do that, but since we are from out of town, they even helped us find the most perfect officiate for our wedding ceremony. Samara, the Group Sales & Events Manager, was so thoughtful and helped plan a heart felt surprise for my best friend's birthday, who was a guest at their hotel. She definitely went above and beyond to make sure my special day was flawless. Everyone from the Front Desk attendants to the General Manager felt like our family by the time we left.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Dear Kimberley,
    I am so happy everything worked out as beautifully as it did. We enjoyed catering your event and hosting your guests. I am so happy your enjoyed the day as much as we did. You are a beautiful bride! Thank you for your very kind words and taking the time to share our experience. We wish you a life long marriage and happiness! Come back and visit soon.

Amanda · Married on 05/19/2018

My wedding was exactly what I had dreamed of with this venue. When we first looked at the venue we were so impressed with the unique character of the room filled with brick walls, well lit open doors and a metal ceiling that once was an old car dealership. We felt like the character of the room made it an ideal fit for us, we knew we didn't have to do much to the venue to make it spark with laughter and love. Our first meeting was also filled with a staff that understood our vision of a whimsical and simple space. Their enthusiasm for what WE wanted made us comfortable in knowing this was the one!! The food was incredible, fresh and delicious. Our guests are still raving about this night and it could not have been possible without the great staff at Bayview for truly giving us the BEST experience, I feel like they were just another part of the family ensuring everything went off without a hitch. All the staff was their day off coordinating every minute from food to dances and everything in between. If you want something unique, this is the venue! Talk to Samara and be sure to grab a hand crafted drink from the rooftop bar or the vintage room. That was one other thing, we were able to pick our own taps for the bar and have a crafted cocktail :D. We chose Sea Dog sunfish and OBC Vanlife, which gave our guests a unique experience for a taste of the Maine brewing world.

16 Bay View Hotel 6
    16 Bay View Hotel 14
    16 Bay View Hotel 15
    Sent on 07/18/2018

Dear Amanda,
    It was such a pleasure to work with you and Erick. It makes my heart so full to hear that your day was everything you had dreamed it would be. You were a pleasure to work with and truly loved be a part of your special day. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I hope you both come back to visit soon. Withing you a life long marriage filled with endless love, health and happiness!

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

Wonderful spot for a wedding reception! Our ceremony spot fell through a few months before the wedding and they helped us find a beautiful new spot. It was so fun to have everyone staying in the same spot. Any request we had was done very quickly. I was looking for a spot that would be more then just a spot to have a quick party. All the family, bridal party and grooms party stayed right at the hotel which turned it into a full weekend celebration!! The hotel is beautiful and the location couldn’t be better. The staff was so attentive and helpful. They knew what I needed before I even realized it! Perfect spot for a wedding!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Dear Jennifer,
    It was such a pleasure to host you and all your guests for such a special occassion. We are so happy your special day ended the way you wanted it to be. We wish you a life long marriage filled with happiness and love!

Lynnette · Married on 06/29/2018

3.5

Has rehearsal dinner with appetizers and drinks on the roof. Appetizers were great. It was raining and they put up a huge tent with heaters and lighting. We did not even realize it was raining. The view was amazing. Went downstairs to a room with a lot of windows for dinner. Wish there would have been more courses. Dessert could have been better. Went back up to roof for drinks. Wonderful way to end evening.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Dear Lynnette,
    It was a great pleasure working with you along with your son and his (then) fiance for planning such a momentous occasion. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rehearsal dinner at our venue. I know that the rain swept in last minute which was a bit of a bummer but we had a great back up plan after conferring with the Bride and Groom. Everyone seemed to enjoy the event, particularly the couple. The change of breaking up the event and enjoying cocktails and appetizers on The View and then a seated dinner in one of our event spaces indoors was the way we were able defeat the rain. We are very fortunate to have such an exceptional head chef whom is able to create a specific menu of the preferences and desires that couple has. Every menu is chosen specifically by the couple/clients with a tasting and then put together for the event exactly to how the couple requested it to be. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed ending the evening back up on The View. I wish you and the lovely couple the best.

Warmly.

Kerri · Married on 08/25/2018

This place is AMAZING!! We have stayed here 4 times this year since 16 Bay View was hosting our wedding reception. The staff always goes above and beyond, they are so friendly and always greet you with a smile. The rooms and views are gorgeous. Finally if you want to hold an event here work with Samara she made our Wedding day a dream come true. Nothing but wonderful things to say about this gem of a hotel and having a wedding here.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Kerri,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was such a pleasure to work with you both in planning your special day. I hope you both come back soon! Wishing you a life time of love and happiness.

Patty · Married on 08/17/2018

Beautiful venue; fantastic food.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2018

3.5

We used 16 Bay View as our wedding hotel and also had our after wedding brunch in the Vintage Room bar at the hotel. The accommodations were beautiful and the event coordinator, Samara, was really easy to coordinate with.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Christopher · Married on 09/21/2018

3.8
      3.5

Great location, beautiful building, responsive desk people, but rooms weren't always cleaned and quite pricey.

Sent on 10/03/2018