Conquer the peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro and surrender to the pristine natural beauty of the nation’s dormant volcano. Witness the drastic changes in landscape and wildlife from the top of Africa to the lower bowls of the mountain in Mount Kilimanjaro National Park. Aside from ascending the summit, the surrounding region of Mount Kilimanjaro is well worth exploring. The lively villages and rhythmic calls of the wild of Tanzania’s vast plains offer outdoor enthusiasts a culturally enriching and adventurous honeymoon.
If you're looking for a totally adventurous destination for your honeymoon, Mount Kilimanjaro may be just the place!
When to Go
The best time to visit Serengeti National Park really depends on what you want to see. June to September offers the most diverse wildlife viewing experience, but there are opportunities throughout the year. Avoid the rainy season from November to May.
Top Sights and Activities
- Conquer Mount Kilimanjaro: Under the leadership of a licensed guide, embark on an incredibly scenic multi day hike through ice fields and moorlands to the summit of Africa’s highest mountain.
- Mount Kilimanjaro National Park: Trek through the nature trails of the lush green Mount Kilimanjaro National Park that surrounds Mount Kilimanjaro, and explore the dramatic landscape of the lower bowls of the mountain.
- Mandara Hut Day Hike: An arduous day hike on the Marangu route takes its visitors to Mandara Hut on Mount Kilimanjaro for striking views of its surrounding peaks.
- Chala Crater Lake: A range of intense turquoise to shimmering blues that transition with the seasons, the placid Chala Crater Lake is a peaceful retreat for swimming, kayaking, and hiking around its perimeters.
- Olpopongi Maasai Cultural Village and Museum: Embrace the culture of the Maasai, and allow them to guide you through the history of their tribe. Spend the night and dance under the stars to the rhythmic chants of the Maasai people.
- Kikuletwa Hot Springs: Soak in the crystalline waters of this bubbling hot spring, and allow your feet to be naturally exfoliated by the presence of the Garra Rufa fish in this peaceful and secluded locale.
- Safari Tour: Explore the vast plains and entrancing wildlife on a safari to Tanzania’s most enthralling national parks.
- Kahawa Shambani Coffee Tour: Join the Kahawa Shambani Coffee Tour for a firsthand experience of the tedious process of coffee production. From growing to picking and roasting, visitors will have the opportunity to process their own coffee.
- Materuni Village Walk: Embark on a guided tour through the farms and markets of Materuni Village for an insight into the daily activities of the Chagga tribe.
- Marangu Waterfall: Marangu Waterfall in the town of Marangu provides a tranquil setting for a romantic outdoor picnic.
- Moshi Open Air Market: Saunter through the bustling open air markets of Moshi and bargain with locals for fresh food and colorful clothing.
- Kilimanjaro Animal C.R.E.W.: C.R.E.W. represents Center for Rescue, Education & Wildlife. Spend an afternoon with the center’s passionate team and tour its facilities that are dedicated to the welfare and conservation of the region’s injured and orphaned animals.