Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies

Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies

About Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies

Jackson Hole Humanist Wedding Officiant

T. Hamish Tear is a Humanist Wedding Officiant living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Hamish is from a small island off the West Coast of Scotland, although has lived in the Rocky Mountains for 35 years. Mountaineering and skiing are what brought him to the Tetons. Hamish's journey into Humanism, and therefore becoming a Humanist Officiant, started with the joint deaths of his parents - who received a beautiful non-religious funeral service from a Celebrant of the Humanist Society of Scotland.

Wyoming is one of only two states currently without a chapter of the American Humanist Association - and Hamish intends to change that by starting a chapter in Jackson Hole. He enjoys the prospect of marrying people in the beautiful areas that abound in and around Jackson Hole and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.

As the only Humanist wedding officiant in Jackson Hole, I conduct marriages throughout the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem - though Mostly In Jackson, Wyoming, Non-religious weddings are all that I cater to - although many fine religious ministers and Justices of the Peace are available in Jackson Hole.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Non-religious (2)
Customized Vows (2)
Licensed (1)
No Denomination (1)

Choosing Hamish as our officiant was one of the best choices we could have made for our intimate elopement in Wyoming. He was extremely helpful in deciding on a location to host our ceremony in Grand Teton National Park, he was knowledgeable regarding the area and permit requirements, and he was prompt in answering any and all of our questions - no matter how big or small. We are so grateful that we were able to share our wedding day with him, as he was incredibly thoughtful, courteous and always professional. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!

*Attached image by Jenna Powers Photography*

Photo of Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies in Jackson, WY
Profile Picture Jazmine, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Hamish was very helpful in our elopement ceremony. This was a destination wedding for us so we were not 100% of area and requirements. Hamish was able to help us with all of the various pieces. He was very accommodating and responsive. Our actual ceremony was delightful and we could not have been happier. We felt special and not like "just another couple" which I think is a gift. We ultimately felt like we were interacting with a friend.

Profile Picture Ann, 10/27/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Hamish was a phenomenal officiant for my wife and my wedding ceremony in Jackson Wyoming last December. My only regret is in taking so long to actually review his services. He made himself available on extremely short notice, two days after Christmas! We had a very small elopement ceremony in the snow by the creek, and it was just perfect. We can highly and enthusiastically recommend Hamish for anyone interested and concerned. Gratefully, Will & Zoryana Hoyman 12/27/16

Photo of Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies in Jackson, WY

220x220 sq 1477353191272 stacy lisa wedding pics 5
220x220 sq 1477353191444 stacy lisa wedding pics 1
220x220 sq 1477353200186 stacy lisa wedding pics 4

1 ENDORSEMENT
I have had the opportunity to work with Hamish as he officiated weddings I was hired to photograph. I was very impressed by Hamish’s professional dress and ease of conduct during the ceremony. He is detailed in the planning and officiating of the ceremony, as well as the paperwork that accompanies a marriage. The ceremonies are secular/non-religious and have a very natural flow to them. The elopements I’ve witnessed him perform are earthy and authentic and intimate. I highly, and happily, recommend Hamish to all my inquiries as my officiant of choice to work with. You will be pleased with your experience with Hamish as your officiant.

PO Box 10067, Jackson, WY 83002   See On Map