Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies

Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies

Jackson Hole Humanist Wedding Officiant

T. Hamish Tear is a Humanist Wedding Officiant living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Hamish is from a small island off the West Coast of Scotland, although has lived in the Rocky Mountains for 35 years. Mountaineering and skiing are what brought him to the Tetons. Hamish's journey into Humanism, and therefore becoming a Humanist Officiant, started with the joint deaths of his parents - who received a beautiful non-religious funeral service from a Celebrant of the Humanist Society of Scotland.

Wyoming is one of only two states currently without a chapter of the American Humanist Association - and Hamish intends to change that by starting a chapter in Jackson Hole. He enjoys the prospect of marrying people in the beautiful areas that abound in and around Jackson Hole and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem.

As the only Humanist wedding officiant in Jackson Hole, I conduct marriages throughout the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem - though Mostly In Jackson, Wyoming, Non-religious weddings are all that I cater to - although many fine religious ministers and Justices of the Peace are available in Jackson Hole.

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Non-religious (2)
Customized Vows (2)
Licensed (1)
No Denomination (1)

Hamish was very helpful in our elopement ceremony. This was a destination wedding for us so we were not 100% of area and requirements. Hamish was able to help us with all of the various pieces. He was very accommodating and responsive. Our actual ceremony was delightful and we could not have been happier. We felt special and not like "just another couple" which I think is a gift. We ultimately felt like we were interacting with a friend.

Profile Picture Ann, 10/27/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Hamish was a phenomenal officiant for my wife and my wedding ceremony in Jackson Wyoming last December. My only regret is in taking so long to actually review his services. He made himself available on extremely short notice, two days after Christmas! We had a very small elopement ceremony in the snow by the creek, and it was just perfect. We can highly and enthusiastically recommend Hamish for anyone interested and concerned. Gratefully, Will & Zoryana Hoyman 12/27/16

Photo of Yellowstone Secular Ceremonies in Jackson, WY
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Will, 12/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I just returned from the most spectacularly romantic and fun elopement in Jackson - and we owe so much if our experience to Hamish. I reached out to Hamish for the first time to inquire about his services back in March, ahead of our proposed December elopement.

Not only was Hamish quickly responsive, but he was also very curious to learn more about us, our story, our vision for our ceremony and the "style" of wedding we wanted. He was incredibly accommodating to our asks, gave us all the instructions we needed to file for our marriage license. When I told Hamish that we were eloping without witnesses, he arranged for his wife and their dear friend to serve at witnesses on our special day. Leading up to our wedding, Hamish also helped us arrange our ceremony, declarations of love and coached us through writing our own vows. He was such a wonderful resource for guiding us through this process.

When we arrived at Hamish's office on our wedding day, we embraced him as though we'd known him forever, even though it was the first time we had met, face to face. Our ceremony was intimate, giggly, fun and so so special. I appreciate so much that Hamish provided a space for us to be ourselves, to not take things too seriously, while still honoring our marriage as incredibly sacred. I am so grateful that he will forever be part of this blissful memory.

Profile Picture User7546909, 1+ year ago, 1 Review

7 Photos

General Services

7 Photos

1 ENDORSEMENT
I have had the opportunity to work with Hamish as he officiated weddings I was hired to photograph. I was very impressed by Hamish’s professional dress and ease of conduct during the ceremony. He is detailed in the planning and officiating of the ceremony, as well as the paperwork that accompanies a marriage. The ceremonies are secular/non-religious and have a very natural flow to them. The elopements I’ve witnessed him perform are earthy and authentic and intimate. I highly, and happily, recommend Hamish to all my inquiries as my officiant of choice to work with. You will be pleased with your experience with Hamish as your officiant.

Events