address, Parkton, MD 21120 · Phone number · Visit website

About Wedding Ceremonies with Rachel

About Me

My husband and I met 14 years ago, while teaching high school. Eleven years later we find ourselves married with four kids. I taught for over 13 years, but with the arrival of our fourth child in January of 2018, balancing the schedules of two high school educators (imagine getting 4 kids under 6 out the door and ready to teach 190 students by 7am) it just wasn't working. So I left my career.

I was approached by a friend who runs her own officiating business. She encouraged me to shadow her, convinced that with my past experiences I would be perfect for this career. I started training in March of 2019. Since then I observed four other officiants at a ton of their weddings. I took the time to compare styles and services. Committing myself to providing the best customer service. I booked my first wedding in May and loved it!

Why I am unique.

Many of my competitors run from wedding to wedding on the weekends. Sometimes having seven events per week. That is not a knock on them- they are great at what they do and have a ton of experience. But I am different. The main reason I do this job is so I have more time with my family. Most ceremonies get me home to put my kids to sleep. Because of this commitment to my family, I only perform one wedding a week. This means you and your fiance are at the forefront of my mind for the week prior.

My commitment to you.

Your wedding day is all about you and your partner, your ceremony should be the same. For many couples, they get bogged down in the details - the vendor contracts, the food selection, the party. Often, when I sit to ask the couple what they want in a ceremony, they hadn't really thought about it. While all of the elements are important and fun, the ceremony is just as much. So when you’re thinking of all of the details, I will be thinking of one thing - creating and officiating a ceremony that represents the two of you, your journey and your hopes for the future.

Proof in the details

I am committed to creating a ceremony that suits you and is enjoyable for your guests.

I will make sure I take care of the big picture: What will this look like in photographs? What will this look like to guests?

I will make sure I take care of the details: Will the guests be able to see the flower girl? Do the kids have a seat if they get restless? Who will take them to the bathroom? I’ll think about the pictures, what to do with your hands, flowers and dress. I’ll consider the sound, making sure your guests can hear the ceremony.

img 2505 51 1866139 1568243504
img 2505 51 1866139 1568243504

8 Reviews for Wedding Ceremonies with Rachel

Keomi Monroe · Married on 12/27/2019

Best officiant ever!

Words cannot describe how amazing Rachel is! Rachel took my vision for a quick, small, ceremony and perfected it beyond my dreams. In less than three weeks during the Christmas holiday season, Rachel agreed to officiant our ceremony with basically no real notice and did so with so much enthusiasm that I knew she was the perfect officiant. She made the process fun and easy and she made suggestions based on our situation that made the ceremony so special. On the day of the ceremony I was running late, but she was an angel, she pitched in to help with set up, she worked out details based on the venue, and I didn't have to worry about anything! I can truly say she went above and beyond and I would recommend her a million times! She told me that the ceremony would be perfect and she delivered! Thank you Rachel for making our day memorable and beautiful!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Christine Baumgartner · Married on 12/10/2019

Rachel is wonderful!

I cannot say enough good things about Rachel. She was professional, organized, helpful, efficient, and so much fun to work with! Rachel was with us every step of the way with suggestions and solutions to make our ceremony perfect. She was so responsive any time my husband or I had a question. We really loved working with her; she is such a delight! Our guests had a lot to say about how lovely the ceremony was, thanks to Rachel. We loved working with her and will recommend to anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 11/20/2019