address, Parkton, MD 21120 · Phone number · Visit website

About Wedding Ceremonies with Rachel

About Me

My husband and I met 14 years ago, while teaching high school. Eleven years later we find ourselves married with four kids. I taught for over 13 years, but with the arrival of our fourth child in January of 2018, balancing the schedules of two high school educators (imagine getting 4 kids under 6 out the door and ready to teach 190 students by 7am) it just wasn't working. So I left my career.

I was approached by a friend who runs her own officiating business. She encouraged me to shadow her, convinced that with my past experiences I would be perfect for this career. I started training in March of 2019. Since then I observed four other officiants at a ton of their weddings. I took the time to compare styles and services. Committing myself to providing the best customer service. I booked my first wedding in May and loved it!

Why I am unique.

Many of my competitors run from wedding to wedding on the weekends. Sometimes having seven events per week. That is not a knock on them- they are great at what they do and have a ton of experience. But I am different. The main reason I do this job is so I have more time with my family. Most ceremonies get me home to put my kids to sleep. Because of this commitment to my family, I only perform one wedding a week. This means you and your fiance are at the forefront of my mind for the week prior.

My commitment to you.

Your wedding day is all about you and your partner, your ceremony should be the same. For many couples, they get bogged down in the details - the vendor contracts, the food selection, the party. Often, when I sit to ask the couple what they want in a ceremony, they hadn't really thought about it. While all of the elements are important and fun, the ceremony is just as much. So when you’re thinking of all of the details, I will be thinking of one thing - creating and officiating a ceremony that represents the two of you, your journey and your hopes for the future.

Proof in the details

I am committed to creating a ceremony that suits you and is enjoyable for your guests.

I will make sure I take care of the big picture: What will this look like in photographs? What will this look like to guests?

I will make sure I take care of the details: Will the guests be able to see the flower girl? Do the kids have a seat if they get restless? Who will take them to the bathroom? I’ll think about the pictures, what to do with your hands, flowers and dress. I’ll consider the sound, making sure your guests can hear the ceremony.

img 2505 51 1866139 1568243504