address, Parkton, MD 21120 · Phone number · Visit website

About Wedding Ceremonies with Rachel

About Me

My husband and I met 14 years ago, while teaching high school. Eleven years later we find ourselves married with four kids. I taught for over 13 years, but with the arrival of our fourth child in January of 2018, balancing the schedules of two high school educators (imagine getting 4 kids under 6 out the door and ready to teach 190 students by 7am) it just wasn't working. So I left my career.

I was approached by a friend who runs her own officiating business. She encouraged me to shadow her, convinced that with my past experiences I would be perfect for this career. I started training in March of 2019. Since then I observed four other officiants at a ton of their weddings. I took the time to compare styles and services. Committing myself to providing the best customer service. I booked my first wedding in May and loved it!

Why I am unique.

Many of my competitors run from wedding to wedding on the weekends. Sometimes having seven events per week. That is not a knock on them- they are great at what they do and have a ton of experience. But I am different. The main reason I do this job is so I have more time with my family. Most ceremonies get me home to put my kids to sleep. Because of this commitment to my family, I only perform one wedding a week. This means you and your fiance are at the forefront of my mind for the week prior.

My commitment to you.

Your wedding day is all about you and your partner, your ceremony should be the same. For many couples, they get bogged down in the details - the vendor contracts, the food selection, the party. Often, when I sit to ask the couple what they want in a ceremony, they hadn't really thought about it. While all of the elements are important and fun, the ceremony is just as much. So when you’re thinking of all of the details, I will be thinking of one thing - creating and officiating a ceremony that represents the two of you, your journey and your hopes for the future.

Proof in the details

I am committed to creating a ceremony that suits you and is enjoyable for your guests.

I will make sure I take care of the big picture: What will this look like in photographs? What will this look like to guests?

I will make sure I take care of the details: Will the guests be able to see the flower girl? Do the kids have a seat if they get restless? Who will take them to the bathroom? I’ll think about the pictures, what to do with your hands, flowers and dress. I’ll consider the sound, making sure your guests can hear the ceremony.

img 2505 51 1866139 1568243504
img 2505 51 1866139 1568243504

11 Reviews for Wedding Ceremonies with Rachel

• Karena

Karena R. · Married on 08/22/2020

Beautiful ceremony, expertly crafted

Rachel met with us several months before our wedding and we explained that we wanted a “not religious, but also a little faithful, pretty short, but also beautiful and emotional ceremony” and she delivered. Rachel helped us craft exactly the ceremony we wanted through a really cool google form that allowed us to select passages/readings or submit our own. She also helped us edit our vows. Rachel was great at wrangling our friends and family for the rehearsal, even though some of them had already had a glass of wine or two. She was clear in her instructions so everyone was prepared for the big day. On wedding day, Rachel delivered a beautiful ceremony and rolled with some little surprises (like random clapping). She helped us file our official paperwork and head off to celebrate. If you are looking for a kind, patient, and flexible officiant who can blend ideas on ceremonies, Rachel is the one to hire!

Bonus: she also expertly moved out of the way at specific times to allow the photographer to get the perfect shots!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Robin

Robin E. · Married on 02/09/2020

One of a kind

Rachel is hands down the sweetest person I have ever met. While searching for an officiant, I reached out to several people, some that I never heard back from and other who were already booked for our date of September 14, 2019. Then I reached out to one officiant who was booked, but put me in contact with Rachel and I could not have been more blessed! When we met, she was relatively new to being an officiant and she was working with another officiant who had more experience. They both were so kind and transparent through the entire ceremony planning process and there was a ton of communication between the three of us. There are options for the ceremony which you are able to select and tailor and personalize it to be exactly what you want.

Rachel is one of a kind. During our planning period, I was in a really tough semester of school and was late getting details about our ceremony back to her for her review so she reached out to me via email; I apologetically explained my situation with school and she expressed that she was there if I just needed someone to chat/vent to. WHAT A SWEETHEART!
    It was an absolute pleasure having Rachel marry us. All of our friends and family adored her and her infectious smile. It truly felt like she was part of the family.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Wedding Ceremonies with Rachel's reply:

I love this job! These reviews help so much. You two have great families- easy to be a part of! Wishing you the best 1st married Valentine’s Day!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner