Erie CO Area, Erie, CO 80516 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 92
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Meet the Team

About We, The Light Photography

Hey there – Larissa + Bailey here!

As two Colorado Natives who have photographed over 150 couples in 100+ locations across Colorado, we specialize in creating a different kind of wedding day that is just as adventurous as you are!

When you choose us to guide you through the process, you get wayyyyy more than just a photographer. You get a planner who helps you create the most epic day you can dream of. You get your personal Colorado tour guide who shows you the beauty and wonder of this state. You get a friend who gets that picture taking can feel awkward. We are your biggest cheerleaders and work in a way that feels natural and not like you’re posing for high school prom.

We use our experience and knowledge to craft a different kind of wedding day that feels completely authentic to you. Want to hike to a high alpine lake? We can give you trail options for that! Want to canoe along the banks of a mountain lake? We can tell you the best lakes to do it on! Want to watch the sun set from the top of the world? We’ll lead you to our favorite spots for sunset!

Follow We, The Light Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Heather Jackson Photography

3 Reviews for We, The Light Photography

• Paige

Paige M. · Married on 09/12/2019

Wonderful Photographer

Larissa is amazing! She is an incredibly talented photographer, and she is awesome to work with. I cannot speak highly enough of our experience working with Larissa. Everyone at our wedding was very impressed with her great attitude and organization, and we still get lots of compliments on the engagement photos she took. We highly recommend Larissa’s business.

Sent on 09/13/2019

We, The Light Photography's reply:

PAIGE!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for such kind words, friend!!!!! I drove all the way home from your wedding thinking how stinkin lucky I was for you and Tyler to come into my life! Thank you for choosing me to photograph your next adventure in life!
  • Carly

Carly B. · Married on 08/18/2019

Absolutely Fabulous wedding photographer and so much more!

Absolutely fabulous wedding photographer and SO much more!!!
    Larissa normally specializes in elopements and adventure weddings, which I dreamt of having. But I have a massive family and married into an even bigger one, and family was the most important to me so we had a traditional big wedding- but I wanted it to FEEL like an adventure or an elopement. I fell in love with Larissa's work after checking out her instagram, and her personality after talking with her via skype-she just cannot be beat! She made my day feel like the adventure I dreamt of, calmed my nerves with a simple smile, and basically helped me plan the darn thing as well! Before I write a gazillion pages as to why you should hire her for your photography needs I will try to be brief and say these things:
    1. The quality of her work is impeccable. She is extremely talented at what she does, her photos always capture genuine emotions while balancing the perfect natural backdrops, lighting, camera lens, etc. I'm not a professional so I don't know all the lingo, but I am someone who highly values people who are extremely well versed in their area of work and Larissa is an EXPERT when it comes to photography. Our day was sunny to start and she stayed well past sunset and dark, but we have GLORIOUS photos from every single moment of the day. She brings all the gear needed, but you may not even notice because she is such a pro she whips it all out and has it setup or changes cameras in split seconds. I have all the confidence in the world in her photography skills and you should too! you will not miss a single moment of your day, in fact she might just capture a few moments you missed during the craziness of the day but will cherish forever once you see what she captured. That talent alone plus her photo editing skills simply CANNOT BE BEAT. She is a genuine expert and professional at what she does!
    2. The content she captures will make you cry. Larissa was able to capture so many unique moments of our day, so many genuine squinty eyed smiles, or big belly laughs, or sweet looks between my husband and I. She will talk with you before your day/event about what is important to you and ensure you have those photos plus so many others. You can relive whatever moment you have hired her for a million times over thanks to what she is able to capture. She somehow (I presume from years of experience) knows the perfect moments right before they happen and is able to save those for you forever. That being said, I can be awkward when people are all around and being the star of the day on my wedding day made me uncomfortable- but Larissa knew EXACTLY how to help me relax. Sure you will get the traditional posed photos that your grandma loves, and any photographer can pose you so it LOOKS genuine, but Larissa is different. She instead helps you shift your focus onto what really matters for the day, for me that was my husband, and guides you until you have forgotten all else going on around you and you're dancing together on a putting green with your hair falling out and laughing so hard you might pee, and then she captures THAT moment. Not posed, not even fake posed, just guides you into relaxing into the moment so she can capture the true love. Now THAT is a talent!
    3. I always told Larissa (for the nearly a year I emailed her almost weekly) that she was so much more than a photographer, and here is why: From day one of planning my wedding I felt lost, I quickly found that Larissa had a LOT of wedding business experience and would have answers to all my questions. She helped me find other vendors, narrow down the plan for the day, even helped me pick my flowers and bridesmaids dress colors! Not only that but on my wedding day she showed up early, calmed my nerves, even helped steam my girls dresses and pin the boys boutonnieres. She is a kind and caring soul who loves to help your wildest dreams of a day come true!
    Overall, Larissa is the best photographer I could have asked for, and an even better human and friend. I will forever ask her to capture my families moments!

Sent on 01/04/2020

We, The Light Photography's reply:

Carly. I am sitting here at my computer and just read through your review twice. I am not an emotional person, but I could not help but choke up when I was reading it. I feel absolutely blessed to have you and Bryce come into my life and put complete trust in me to capture the day you became Mr. + Mrs. You have become so much more than just one of my couples over the past year. I have loved every minute of talking on the phone with you and helping you walk through the wedding planning journey over email. You two have such a bond that in undeniably unique. I am forever a better person with you in my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the kindest and most sincere words. You put into words what I try to emote to everyone who comes across my work. Thank you for your trust, your review and your friendship!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/25/2015

The most beautiful engagement photos ever!!

We reached out to Larissa with We, The Light Photography for our engagement photos, and COULD NOT be happier with how they turned out!! From the first moment, she was so helpful and easy to work with. She had this great questionnaire to fill out to get to know us as a couple, and while I am normally not a fan of questionnaires this one was so fun and we genuinely learned a few new things about each other! She took care of absolutely EVERYTHING leading up to and during the shoot, down to helping me choose which hat to wear (which she was totally right about!). And then during the actual shoot she made us feel so comfortable and natural. We do not normally take a lot of pictures but she made it easy and fun and we were laughing the whole time. She truly captured who we are as a couple! The photos are absolutely stunning and we cannot wait to share them with everyone and get them printed! We would 100% recommend Larissa and We, The Light Photography to anyone getting married, especially anyone who is looking for a fun adventure wedding. Trust me, you will be so happy you did!! We can't wait for her to capture our wedding next! Thank you Larissa!

Sent on 11/08/2020

We, The Light Photography's reply:

Awe, friend 😭😭😭 THANK YOU for such kind words!!!!! Gahhh, I still can't get over how obsessed I am with your photos!!!!! Your wedding day can't come soon enough!!!!

We, The Light Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2500.00
    Add'l Hours
    Multi. Locations
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Toning
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

Team of We, The Light Photography

Bailey Boggs

Bailey Boggs

Phototgrapher + Guide

Born and raised in Colorado, I am always on-the-go looking for my next adventure. I believe that there are no rules to what your wedding should look like and will work really closely with you to craft a day that feels authentic to you and your relationship.

I am obsessed with all things adventure, and have a goal of visiting 30 countries before I am 30. So far I have 17 down, 13 to go! I want to be Leslie Knope, and could talk to you for hours in Parks & Rec quotes. You can usually find me playing card games at my favorite local distillery with my husband, Troy, hiking in the Rockies, swimming at Horsetooth Reservoir, or skiing at Keystone! I love anything and everything true crime, and if you're a murderino, there's a 100% chance we'll be friends. I also have a very naughty husky lab mix who loves to hide bread in the couch.

I specialize in capturing REAL moments of laughter, joy, adoration, and raw emotion - no cheesy poses, fake laughs, or forced smiles are allowed! Let's get to planning a wedding day that feels completely and utterly like YOU.

+ More Details
- Less Details
Larissa Welch

Larissa Welch

Photographer + Guide

Hey there! I'm Larissa. A travel-addicted, puppy-snuggling, Harry Potter-Obsessed, bubbly bookworm. As a Colorado native, I grew up hiking the trails, playing in ponds and exploring this beautiful state I'll always call home.

I prefer backpacking over resorts, street food to fancy restaurants and a date night in cooking with my hubby of 7 years.

Type TWO fun-haver right here! (The kind of fun that you suffer in the moment but had the time of your life afterward.) I've backpacked through CO, trekked through Nepal, jumped out of an airplane against my will, climbed 14,000 ft mountain peaks and always seem to be planning my next adventure.

Did I mention I freekin' LOVE Harry Potter??? (Team Gryffindor for life)!

I believe there should be no limits to what your elopement day looks like. Want to hike through a field a wildflowers to a mountain top? Want to kayak on a mountain lake? Want to watch the sunset and milky way sparkle? Let's do it! I can't wait to make your elopement day unforgettable!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Erie CO Area Erie, CO, 80516 See on map
    Location of (We, The Light Photography)

We, The Light Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does We, The Light Photography include in the starting price?

We, The Light Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• Digital Files

What photography services does We, The Light Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

We, The Light Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• Add'l Hours
  • Multi. Locations
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does We, The Light Photography offer?

We, The Light Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Photojournalism

What photography services does We, The Light Photography offer?

We, The Light Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Second Shooter
  • Toning
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does We, The Light Photography offer for wedding events?

We, The Light Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend We, The Light Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

We, The Light Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.