999 N 3rd St, Coos Bay, OR 97420 Map · Phone number

About Wallis Reid Jewelry

Link to Website:

BIOGRAPHY OF WALLIS REID

I was the kid who always had a favorite rock in my pocket, and over the years, a growing collection of agates, obsidian, arrowheads, fossils and petrified wood. Later this fascination with geology and beautiful stones grew into an appreciation for gemstones and jewelry.

Traveling to Asia, the Middle East and Latin America also influenced my appreciation for ancient gemstones and jewelry. I marveled at red coral found in the Himalayas and ancient jade beads dug up by Mexican farmers. I could spent a good part of my life in the world's museum adornment sections -- awestruck by the simple beauty of the ancient's master craftsmen.

My inspirations: Natural geological forces that forged wonderful gems from humble agates to magnificent rubies and so called primitive forms of adornment.

About my process: I typically find inspiration in a raw stone. I sit with it. Let the design find me. I look for its natural characteristics and try to let that beauty come through in my designs.

Each stone tells me what it wants to be and I try to enhance the stone's inherent beauty. Druzy, light flashes, prismatic effect, inclusions, and other natural characteristics are left intact to reveal a stone's geological origins. It can take me many hours to create a jewelry piece, and each piece is wildly different from the next, although, a common thread through out my collection is reverence for the earth and nature's elegance. I cut and carve the stones myself. Along with my original metalsmithing, doing my own lapidary work allows me to create jewelry far outside of the usual. It is truly an organic effort from start to finish.

While I studied fine art and metalsmithing at university many years ago, my professional career took me elsewhere and I didn't start selling my own jewelry until 2006. I opened an online store in 2014 and though this website is my main storefront, I will continue to also offer my full line on Etsy.

I have also developed a strong and growing following of my Engagement/Wedding Line: http://www.wallisreidjewelry.com/collections/engagement-wedding-rings-bands

I really love working with couples to design and craft a set of rings that is an exact match with their particular vision.

Follow Wallis Reid Jewelry on

Rough blue diamond imbedded in oxidized silver and fused 18k gold band
Rough blue diamond imbedded in oxidized silver and fused 18k gold band
raw uncut white diamond mounted in oxidized silver and fused 18k gold band
raw uncut white diamond mounted in oxidized silver and fused 18k gold band
natural blue sapphire mounted in 18k gold and oxidized silver band accompanied by man's wedding band...
raw uncut white diamond mounted in 18k gold claws on oxidized silver and fused 18k gold band
p6197211
Wallis Reid Jewelry
raw natural aquamarine crystal mounted in 18k gold claws on oxidized silver and fused 18k gold band...
Artist Wallis Reid at her work bench
a14f7b67eab9d6f4 1483556399415 pc173356
pa252648

1 Reviews for Wallis Reid Jewelry

Sara · Getting married on 10/12/2019

My fiance and I were looking for something unique in a wedding set. I call him my sunlight so he went in search of an Oregon Sunstone engagement ring and lucky for me he ended up on the Wallis Reid Jewelry website. The designs are so amazing and well crafted. My ring is truly one of a kind and could not be more perfect for us. We were in contact with Wallis and Michael throughout the process of ordering and sizing the piece and were always met with caring and conscientious service. We purchased a Large Hot Lava Band to match for my wedding set and I later ordered a blue diamond Fault Line band for him and two custom Hot Lava Bands for mother's rings. The entire look is phenomenal. Cannot say enough about how much we love our rings!!!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Wallis Reid Jewelry FAQ

• Which of the following services do you offer? Cleaning, Ring Sizing, Shipping, Stone Upgrades, Warranties
  • What kind of jewelry do you offer? Costume Accessories, Custom Accessories, Custom Engagement Rings, Custom Wedding Bands, Designer Accessories, Designer Engagement Rings, Designer Wedding Bands, Fair Trade, Handcrafted, Ring Setting
  • What is your average turnaround time for an engagement ring? 3-4 weeks