4611 County Road 237, Rifle, CO 81650 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 26
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch

Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch is a mountain wedding venue situated in Rifle, Colorado. Located just three hours outside of Denver, this secluded sanctuary provides celebrations of all styles and sizes with a vibrant and versatile celebration setting. The property is owned and operated by Kinsey Roberts and Katie Day, sisters-in-law and coordination specialists who love bringing dream weddings to life. They have meticulously designed their venue to combine a minimalist and comfortable aesthetic with the outdoor natural splendor that Colorado is famous for. The space seamlessly blends modern convenience and comfort with stunning views of the surrounding countryside to host stunning unforgettable celebrations full of love and life.

Facilities and Capacity

Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch is available to host gatherings of up to 200 attendees between the months of May and October. The centerpiece of the property is the majestic white wedding barn, which is perfect for both ceremonies and receptions alike. Spread out over 5,000 square feet, this stunning event space has a pristine white interior that radiates a contemporary yet timeless atmosphere. It has a spacious open-plan layout that allows every one-of-a-kind couple to bring their unique vision to life. Outdoor gatherings can take place on the majestic waterfront patio, which offers a stunning backdrop with rolling hills, vibrant greenery, and irresistible sunsets. Get-ready suites are also provided, allowing to-be-weds to prepare for their big day in secluded peace and privacy.

As well as picturesque surroundings, Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch features an in-house wedding management team ready to bring dream occasions to life. Kinsey and Katie understand how important your day is, and they will dedicate themselves to providing you with above-and-beyond service from consultation to cleanup. Their main goal is for you and your guests to feel at home throughout your celebration, and they offer a range of invaluable coordination services. They will craft a personalized planning package to fit your specific needs, desires, and budget so that you can enjoy your wedding to the absolute fullest. Their coordination options include:

• Event design

2.0
      1.0
      3.0

Limited Flexibility

Kinsey was always and will likely always be very responsive, detailed and exciting. Besides the venue being drop dead gorgeous, Kinsey was a major reason why we chose Vista View Events. We felt this was a place run by people we could trust to ensure our big day was everything we could ever dream of. Kinsey was very communicative during the early months of COVID - helping us understand how and why our wedding was being affected by our states regulations. When the time came to make the decision on how to move forward with our wedding, we were ready to cancel completely and chalk this up to a very unfortunate experience. Because my own business basically closed over night, we knew at this point it more important to save our money and work on rebuilding our lives. When we made this decision, we were told if we canceled we would receive none of our payment back. We were enticed to pay in full for a 5% discount, totaling a mere $285 in savings. Vista View has a clause in their contract stating “Vista View Events is not liable for and does not provide refunds for events not held due to uncontrollable circumstances. Uncontrollable circumstances included but are not limited to family issues or obligations, an act of God or war or weather”. Because of this clause and COVID, we made the decision to postpone our wedding until 2021 instead of walking away loosing $5,865. During this time of postponement, Vista View received their liquor license which meant we had to cancel our already paid for contract with our preselected beverage vendor. Luckily our beverage vendor was completely understanding and gave us our money back in full, breaching their own contract to do so. Because of drug out frustrations and our life as newly weds taking off, we decided it was best for us to move forward in life and cancel our wedding. We understood what our contract stated and that Vista View would likely provide no flexibility in even a partial refund, but we moved forward with our decision. All of our vendors worked with us on refunds and were understanding that COVID was something worth being flexible about. I even had a vendor offer our deposit back - but he needed time to make the money to give back to us. We are not greedy or facetious people. We understand more than most that COVID has taken a huge toll on people financially as we ourselves were affected in our professional industries. We hoped Vista View would find some understanding in the last year and be willing to work with us on even a partial refund, but that has not been the case. We were thankful to receive our security deposit back, even though we would have if our event had taken place as planned. We understand what our contract states, but we have also learned how to be flexible and understanding while suffering through a pandemic. Though we wish no ill wishes to Vista View, we feel obligated to share our story as their actions have contributed to our heart break of the last year. We encourage anyone who plans to have a wedding with Vista View or any venue, to read your contract (every line - fine print), weigh the benefits of a 5% discount if paid in full, hope their are no “acts of God” that affect your wedding and be flexible when your venue breaches their own contract obtaining their liquor license.

Sent on 04/06/2021

Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch's reply:

Hi there, Kam,

Kinsey here - co-owner of Vista View Events.

Thank you for stopping by our page to share your frustrations, you’re welcome here any time. 2020 was an extremely hard and challenging year for everyone, both personally and professionally.

We learned lessons that we’ll carry with us forever and continually use those lessons to guide Vista View Events now and in the future so we can serve our clients in the way they deserve.

I’m crushed this is how you’ll remember Vista View Events but would be remiss if I didn't respond to these three points from your review:

1. That we provided you with weekend rescheduling options that were 100% free to you (A.K.A no rescheduling fee), due to COVID that you took us up on by moving your wedding (for free) to 2021. You kept that free rescheduled date for 6 months (so it could not be booked by another couple) before making the personal choice to totally cancel your wedding.

2. That, on your behalf, Vista View Events is the one who negotiated the full refund you mentioned from your 3rd party bartending company.

3. That regardless of your personal choice to pay a lump sum when you booked this venue, in June 2020, when you decided to reschedule your September wedding due to COVID the amount of your venue rental would still have been paid in full had you chosen the installment route because your wedding was only 90 days out at the time of rescheduling.

I stand by our business decisions and communication with you and DJ throughout your time as a VVE couple.

This pandemic was not your fault. I know that navigating this road and having to reschedule your wedding, then deciding to ultimately cancel it, was not part of your plan. I know it was a heartbreaking journey for you.

This pandemic was also not our fault. Our contract's role is to protect our clients and our venue. Upholding the terms of our contract is what allows us to remain a viable business.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your frustrations. I really wish you and DJ all the best and know there are great things ahead for the two of you.

Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch Pricing

Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch Price Rates

Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 5900
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 4900
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    Clean Up
    Event Planning
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 18
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Wine
    Limited Bar
    Open Bar
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Barn
    Farm/Ranch
    Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Altar/Arch
    Chairs
    Tables
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May

Team of Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch

Katie Day

Katie Day

Co-Owner

Detail-oriented and always game for a gardening session, there’s nothing I love more than helping couples celebrate their love story on the ranch my family has called home for generations. While I grew up running around this ranch, it wasn’t until 2016 when, with the help of my sister-in-law Kinsey, I decided to build Vista View Events and share the magic of this setting with couples looking to celebrate their love story.

From the majesty of the surrounding mountains to the peace you’ll find in the lush green fields, Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch offers a setting like no place else on Earth for weddings. I love that my role as a venue owner allows me to combine my education in business (I earned my bachelor’s degree in business management from Colorado State University) with my innate love for aesthetics (I dream of decor placement). Whether I’m pruning the property’s gardens or straightening ceremony chairs—I spend my days laying the foundation for our couples to feel at ease and at home during their celebration.

When I’m not working on perfecting our property, you can find me soaking in the morning sun in my backyard, taking care of animals, or adventuring around the ranch with my husband and our three boys.

+ More Details
- Less Details
Kinsey Roberts

Kinsey Roberts

Co-Owner

With an extensive hospitality background, there are few things I love as much as helping couples tell their love story in a way that can’t be replicated. I’ve co-owned Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch alongside my sister-in-law since 2016—and, in that time, no two weddings we’ve hosted have been remotely alike (we thrive on variety and aren’t big fans of cookie-cutter or contrived).

I love getting to know each of our couples and have a knack for making them feel at ease and cared for amongst this expansive—and seriously breathtaking—space. Whether I’m helping couples bring their dream day to life or am supporting women in the wedding industry through my podcast She Creates Business—I’m a huge fan of clear communication (I like to keep it simple and honest), proactive problem solving (I love a good challenge), and making sure everyone feels like family on our ranch (I once lent a pair of Spanx to a bridesmaid).

In my free time, you can find me with my husband Derek and our two boys or reading one of the four novels I’ve started that week. I’m a sucker for a good podcast and have yet to meet a cup of coffee I didn’t like—whether it’s from an independent roaster or the local car dealership, I’m game (#coffeeforeveryone).

+ More Details
- Less Details

• 4611 County Road 237 Rifle, CO, 81650 See on map
    720-730-7911 (Phone number)
    Location of (Vista View Events at Open Heart Ranch)