177 Hepburn Road, Clifton, NJ 07012 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 22
  • Pricing

About Upper Montclair Country Club

Tired of the same old venue options? Are you looking for a new experience for your friends and family? UMCC is the perfect blend of alternative and new, with the classic look and feel of a traditional wedding venue. Our gorgeous property is meticulously maintained and will enchant from the moment you pull through our gates. The club and clubhouse are conveniently located just off of the Parkway and Rt. 3 Eastbound. The greens of our exclusive golf course are the perfect backdrop for outdoor photos and views from your wedding festivities. All clubhouse rooms have windows which allow for natural sunlight and views out to the golf course. Beauty may be found inside and out!

The club has recently completed a beautiful timber structure along the rear of our ballroom with exposed beams and high vaulted ceilings. The materials used include a douglas fir which was hand-selected from a mill in Vermont to give this new space a timeless yet historic feel. The covered space is ideal for outdoor cocktail receptions, moderately sized dinner receptions, and wedding ceremonies (when the weather does not permit the lawn!). You will be surprised and delighted by the ambiance that this one-of-a-kind structure has to offer.

We also have a beautiful flat lawn adjacent to our clubhouse which is popular for outdoor ceremonies. This same space can also be the site for a tented wedding if preferred. Access to the clubhouse and restrooms is convenient, and the views overlook our 3 golf courses. Couples are taken out onto the course (weather permitting) in golf carts for photos as well. The notion that you have to be at least an hour outside of NYC in order to find great outdoor space - is wrong! We are right here in your backyard.

There are many reasons why UMCC may just be what you have been searching for! If you wish to schedule a tour and hear more, please do not hesitate to reach out to the property's Catering Director, Trevor Desiato today!

Click to view our Wedding Package Brochure.

Click here to view a video of one of our weddings.

Follow Upper Montclair Country Club on

weddingstephanie and matt touwmonterisi niece

• Videos 3

7 Reviews for Upper Montclair Country Club

Sara · Married on 10/15/2016

We loved every single thing about the Upper Montclair Country Club and are SO thrilled with the way our wedding turned out! Leah, the catering assistant, did an outstanding job making sure every detail of our wedding day was perfect and Trevor, the catering director, was absolutely wonderful to work with leading up to the big day. I wish we could get married again just to have another excuse to have an event there!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Marijo · Married on 10/08/2016

I recently got married on 10/08/26 and had the reception at UMCC. The country club is absolutely beautiful. It has such a clean, fresh, classy, and timeless look with breathtaking landscape and property. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about the service, food, and ambiance.

The catering director Trevor was a pleasure to work with. He always responded to my e-mails and calls in a timely manner and always made time to meet with me. He was so easy to work with. He was so organized and experienced in event planning.

The same goes for my bridal attendant Leah. She was my angel. She was so attentive and sweet. She helped me so much with organization and decision making that I felt so at ease that day.

I highly recommend UMCC! You won't be disappointed. I know that my me, my husband, and guests weren't. We all had a blast!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Alicia · Married on 06/04/2016

My Daughter was just married on 6/4/16. It started out humid and sunny. When the ceremony was about to start it started to pour. But Lee Ann and her staff were AMAZING. They claimed by daughter down, because she was upset do to the rain, but at the end we had the ceremony under a tent and our guest had to stand while watching the ceremony. The food was AMAZING the chicken was really Delicious. The Drinks were top shelf. The waiters were so nice and always helping everyone. All our guest have been emailing me, telling me how much fun they had and how beautiful the Country Club is. Upper Montclair Country Club did a GREAT job. Thank you for EVERYTHING. Luz

Sent on 06/07/2016

Upper Montclair Country Club Pricing

Upper Montclair Country Club Price Rates

Upper Montclair Country Club FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Server(s), Wedding Cake
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 35.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 190
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 60
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 4
  • Describe your venue: Country/Golf Club
  • What event services do you offer? Cake, Event Planner, Event Rentals
  • What event items are available? Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access