1444 7th Street, Slidell, LA 70458 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Uncommon Camellia

Uncommon Camellia provides wedding coordination in New Orleans and on the Northshore.

Follow Uncommon Camellia on

Uncommon Camellia 6
Uncommon Camellia 7
  • Cara

Cara Scotti · Getting married on 06/10/2020

Best wedding decision I made (apart from saying "I do")!!

We used Uncommon Camellia (specifically Amelia Jeanmarie) as our day of coordinator at the recommendation of our Photographer. I was getting ready to sign on with another day of coordinator when my photographer recommended UC (she said they were the best in the business and strongly recommended I check them out prior to signing with anyone else), and I am SO happy that I found them before signing on with another company. I can't imagine anyone else doing a more thorough or more perfect job than Amelia and her team. Hiring her was one the best and most important decisions surrounding my wedding day, in my opinion. Her level of organization and thoroughness is incredible. We spoke via email and on the phone a couple of months prior to the wedding and she went over the process with me. She made herself available for any questions or concerns I had during the planning process, inviting me to contact her as needed. In the couple of weeks prior to our wedding, we began communicating more and she assisted me with ensuring all of our vendors were on the same page, everyone was good on payment, confirmed everything. There was so much to do during this time and I couldn't have done it all without her. We are from out of town (NY) so having someone local to assist with stuff was particularly invaluable for us. The week of the wedding, once my fiance and I had arrived in town, we did our walkthrough with Amelia at our reception venue. She took meticulous notes to ensure that everything at the reception (decor, cakes, bars, favors, etc. etc) would be set up to our exact specifications. My bridal party and family also adored her. She was super helpful and sooo on top of her stuff but at the same time she was extremely calm, laid back, and collected at all times. She had a calming presence about her that put me at ease during the rehearsal and throughout my wedding day. The super organized timeline that she created for us was amazing and all of my bridal party referenced it throughout the day. I honestly can't say it enough, I have no idea what we would have done without her. It was so nice not to have to worry about the details (and I didn't have to delegate to a friend or family member) and we were able to enjoy every moment of our day. In addition on our wedding day she had 2 assistants with her, who were equally as friendly and helpful. They all seemed very invested in ensuring that I had the best day ever (and I DID!). Like I said, hiring Amelia and Uncommon Camelia was the single best decision I made surrounding my wedding, I think. It was worth every penny and I would highly recommend anyone who is getting married to hire a DOC (unless of course you are lucky enough to afford a full wedding planner, though personally I enjoyed doing the planning parts myself), and when choosing a DOC or wedding planner I would say do your research, ask around, and you will soon see that UC's expertise and professionalism makes them the clear choice, hands down. Thank you Amelia and team!!

Sent on 10/30/2019
    Uncommon Camellia 8

Jennifer Leveille · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Best decision we made for the entire wedding!

We were referred to Uncommon Camellia by our vendor and we can't leave enough stars for what an incredible job Natalie did! Everyone always tells you how stressful weddings are, but we had not one ounce of stress the entire day of the wedding, largely due to the effort Natalie put into making it happen. She took over all of the vendor communication and details at about 6 weeks out, and we didn't have to worry about a thing from that point on. She created an amazing layout that catered to our wishes, and helped us figure out incredibly important details that could have tripped us up if we were on our own. There wasn't one point in the day where any of us needed something and had to go look for it, Natalie and her assistant Amber were on top of it all. Our guests and wedding party were amazed at the ease with which the entire process occurred and of what a happy and calm presence Natalie was. I truly can't thank Uncommon Camellia, and especially Natalie and Amber, enough. You helped make our wedding more than a wedding - we had a fairy tale day that we will remember the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Salafia · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Every bride needs UC!

Best decision ever.
    I didn't want a wedding coordinator originally - I thought I could handle the organization myself and save on the expense. I was wrong.
    Uncommon Camellia came to my rescue and made the whole wedding planning process infinitely more enjoyable. I don't think our special day would have run as smoothly without the expertise and caring demonstrated at every turn by Ashley Brien and her assistant, Gabrielle. The wedding day itself was pure bliss, but the lead up was also exciting because Ashley took the time to brainstorm and nut out details with me. I cannot recommend Ashley and Uncommon Camellia highly enough. Every bride needs UC - there is no question about it!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Award

Uncommon Camellia Pricing

Uncommon Camellia Price Rates

Uncommon Camellia FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,249.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 50.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Vendor Referrals
  • How many planners are on your team? 5