Uncommon Camellia Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Jami
    Jami R. Married on 11/13/2021

Hire uc immediately

If I could pass on one single piece of advice to future brides in New Orleans, it would be to hire Amber at Uncommon Camellia to be your coordinator or planner. We were in awe of her organizational skills, professionalism, and positive upbeat energy throughout the entire process. She and Naomi were the super heroes we needed to pull this thing off, and we're so grateful to have had these two in our lives for our crazy, special, nuts, wedding journey. I can't say this enough.. book them!!!!! : )
  • Michelle
    Michelle R. Married on 11/13/2021

Book now, you won’t regret it!

As soon as I booked my venue, I knew that I would need to hire a coordinator to bring everything to life & boy did we hit the jackpot! From the first zoom call with Alexis, we both felt her positive energy and knew we were in good hands. A year of planning, emails, walkthroughs, changes/updates and I can honestly say that I arrived to my wedding with a sense of peace knowing that things were going to be okay. Not to mention the amazing planning tools we received- wedding monthly checklist, vendor recommendations, budget expense spreadsheet & even a packing list!
    When the bar service we hired was a no show, Alexis immediately went to action helping us come up with a plan B calling vendors & re arranging things (even down to cutting lemons/limes for the bar herself). My entire family was singing her praises! I’m sure other things went wrong on wedding day, but I didn’t even notice & that’s how you know you are in good hands!
    Alexis, I can’t say thank you enough for helping this bride bring her wedding vision to life. It was perfect.

Oh, and I can’t forget Torie B. As soon as she arrived on the day of the wedding she was fast at work, setting up our personal items, always checking in to see if I needed anything. Her smile and positive vibes were just what we needed.

Uncommon Camellia is an amazing company. Book with them, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
  • Courtney
    Courtney D. Married on 11/05/2021

Alexis is simply amazing.

My fiancé and I can’t say enough good things about Uncommon Camelia and Alexis specifically. We hired Alexis for day of planning and the wedding coordination package. The value is incredible. Ultimately, because of COVID, we decided to not get married in Nola (it would have been a destination wedding for us). Alexis still presented us our wedding coordination materials, dedicated 2 hours to us to walk through it all and was so friendly and amazing the whole time. I am planning this wedding without my mom, which has been tough. Alexis was the first person to get me truly excited about wedding planning, and I can’t thank her enough for that. Hire this company and you will not be disappointed.
    Caitlin M. Married on 10/24/2021

Highly Recommend!

We used UC for day-of coordinating and I'm so glad we did! Naomi and Alexis were on top of every little detail, solving problems quickly and sometimes without us even knowing, and they were both a joy to have at the wedding. Naomi even led the wobble on the dance floor, which was a highlight! Couldn't recommend them more!
  • Aundrea
    Aundrea G. Married on 10/02/2021

Steller Service from an Uncommon Team

My husband and I were in the best of hands with Uncommon Camellia and Alexis as our day-of coordinator. Alexis and her team were so professional and went above and beyond to make sure the vision for our wedding day came together. What I loved most about working with Alexis is how solution-oriented she was through the entire process. There was not one challenge she didn't have at least three solutions. I don't know how we would have managed without her!
  • Lidiya
    Lidiya Married on 09/05/2021

Personable, Professional, Knowledgable.

Naomi and Laura were heaven sent!!! Naomi spent months and months with us planning our special day. I must admit our most memorable wedding adventures like exit sparklers, decorations and more happened all due to Naomi's guidance, enthusiasm and outmost care. We are forever grateful! Lidiya & Julian.
  • Natalie
    Natalie L. Married on 06/01/2021

Uc is so amazing!

Working with Uncommon Camellia was an amazing experience, and booking them should be one of the first things you do in your wedding planning! Ashley and Maria were so amazing to work with and went above and beyond our expectations! Ashley was always there to help support me while I planned our wedding. Anytime I needed a vendor suggestion, or just someone to bounce an idea of off, she was there. We also ran into a situation where I had to let go of a vendor two weeks before the wedding. Before I even asked, Ashley was on it and had a back up plan lined up for when we were ready to re-book. She literally saved the day and turned a potential stressful situation into a tiny bump in the road!
    Leading up to the wedding, the team helped pull together a detailed timeline of all activities happening during the day including each individual's role. They literally thought of everything - there were SO many little details that I would have never thought of myself. Our vendors and wedding party LOVED the timeline and raved about it (even the groomsmen were obsessed). On the day of the wedding, Ashley and Maria were there every step of the way and made the entire day, ceremony and reception just perfect.
    I honestly do not know how I would have gotten through the wedding without them! I was so impressed with Ashley and Maria’s attention to detail and level of professionalism. I HIGHLEY recommend working with UC!!! Thank you Ashley, Maria and the UC Team for being a part of the best day of our lives!
  • Rachel
    Rachel T. Married on 05/15/2021

An Actual Must Have

I can't say enough how amazing Alexis was for us. She had absolutely everything covered to what time vendors showed up to wrangling the wedding party together for photos to even bandaids. (which i needed a lot of) Alexis was such a sweet person but she was also strict and knew she was there for the job. I really don't think we could have gotten through the day without her! highly highly recommend Uncommon Camellia!
  • Maureen
    Maureen G. Married on 04/12/2021

Ashley and Natalie were amazing!

I can’t recommend Ashley more strongly – she is an outstanding wedding planner. We had a ton of special requests and Ashley didn’t miss a beat! Given that our wedding was small, any omission would have been glaringly obvious but there was no need to worry. Between her exquisitely detailed pre-planning, her coordination of all the wedding vendors, and her command of the fine details, I had the wedding I always dreamed of. Ashley has a remarkable aptitude for planning; she translated my vision into an intimate, sophisticated (and fun!) affair. She was a pro through and through. And it was not just the big things that she did, but also the little things …like returning our personal items to the hotel after the wedding and distributing gratuities. She was exceptionally responsive and easy to work with-so much so that many of our guests commented on how pleasant and professional she was. She was also capably assisted by Natalie who helped get our guests on the right shuttle at the right time, as well as assisting Ashley with the site and vendor management. I couldn’t have been happier!

• Dylan
    Dylan W. Married on 04/03/2021

Best Money We Spent

It is not an understatement to say that choosing to hire Uncommon Camellia was the best money we spent in planning our wedding. Planning a wedding during a pandemic with all the complications and delays was incredibly stressful, and to have Alexis come in the month before and say "I've got it from here" brought literal tears to my eyes. And she truly did have it. Her wealth of knowledge, incredible organization, and friendly but get-it-done demeanor and communication with our vendors, wedding party, and families truly made all the difference in bringing our dream day to a reality. I cannot imagine having done it without her and will forever be grateful.
  • Hayley
    Hayley M. Married on 03/06/2021

Amazing experience, a must hire!

Natalie and Kate were the most wonderful and professional planners that I could have imagined! They handled everything with grace and made sure the day was absolutely perfect. Natalie truly went above and beyond for our big day—during the bouquet toss I accidentally threw my bouquet into an open flame, Natalie, without hesitation stomped it out, she quite literally saved the day (and the venue)! We could not be happier with our choice to hire uncommon camellia!!
    Kaylan M. Married on 01/09/2021

Excellent!

Ashley B. was our lead wedding coordinator for our wedding! She helped make our dream wedding come to life despite all the changes we had to make regarding Covid. She was so responsive, and so easy to work with. On our wedding day she made me feel so calm, knowing that she had everything under control. We are so thankful for, Ashley!
    Mary G. Married on 11/14/2020

Best money spent!!!!

Ashley Brien and Courtney Zelner were amazing! I had zero worries and zero stress. It was truly the best money direct!!! I have two more daughters and will definitely use them again!!!
  • Kristie
    Kristie B. Married on 08/29/2020

It was Epic!!!

Wow, it’s been two months and our wedding is still the talk around town! Covid-19, may have delayed our plans but, love can’t be cancelled. Our micro wedding’s vision of glitz and glam came to life with the help of Uncommon Camellia’s Alexis Nelson and Natalie Atkinson. So many guests continue to cite it as the best wedding they have ever attended - including our live stream guests!

Alexis’s enthusiasm, drive, and passion for weddings made us smile and we were sold from the start to have her lead our journey from Miss to Mrs. Over the next year, we stayed in touch with sharing details and vendor suggestions. Then Covid- 19 rsvp’d to our wedding and made us rethink everything from the location to the guest list. But, have no fear, Alexis was there to give us advice and supported us as we made Plan B, Plan B-2, Plan B-3, and later just called it Plan C. Finally, the day had arrived, and it was epic!!

From her organizational skills with having a detailed schedule to her absolute nailing of our vision. Everything was exactly as we had hoped, only better.

One of the best things about working with Alexis was her calming approach, which made meetings and vendor interactions feel fun and never stressful. People say your wedding day goes by in a flash, it did but it was memorable, and we were able to enjoy every moment. We partied like it was 1999..lol. So, if you are having a wedding and need a coordinator, two words to remember Uncommon Camellia! From the YouTube videos, checklists, and stellar service, you won’t be disappointed. Book them today!

Thanks again and much love,
    Naomi and Kristie #HerLoveWins2020
  • Cara
    Cara S. Married on 06/10/2020

Best wedding decision I made (apart from saying "I do")!!

We used Uncommon Camellia (specifically Amelia Jeanmarie) as our day of coordinator at the recommendation of our Photographer. I was getting ready to sign on with another day of coordinator when my photographer recommended UC (she said they were the best in the business and strongly recommended I check them out prior to signing with anyone else), and I am SO happy that I found them before signing on with another company. I can't imagine anyone else doing a more thorough or more perfect job than Amelia and her team. Hiring her was one the best and most important decisions surrounding my wedding day, in my opinion. Her level of organization and thoroughness is incredible. We spoke via email and on the phone a couple of months prior to the wedding and she went over the process with me. She made herself available for any questions or concerns I had during the planning process, inviting me to contact her as needed. In the couple of weeks prior to our wedding, we began communicating more and she assisted me with ensuring all of our vendors were on the same page, everyone was good on payment, confirmed everything. There was so much to do during this time and I couldn't have done it all without her. We are from out of town (NY) so having someone local to assist with stuff was particularly invaluable for us. The week of the wedding, once my fiance and I had arrived in town, we did our walkthrough with Amelia at our reception venue. She took meticulous notes to ensure that everything at the reception (decor, cakes, bars, favors, etc. etc) would be set up to our exact specifications. My bridal party and family also adored her. She was super helpful and sooo on top of her stuff but at the same time she was extremely calm, laid back, and collected at all times. She had a calming presence about her that put me at ease during the rehearsal and throughout my wedding day. The super organized timeline that she created for us was amazing and all of my bridal party referenced it throughout the day. I honestly can't say it enough, I have no idea what we would have done without her. It was so nice not to have to worry about the details (and I didn't have to delegate to a friend or family member) and we were able to enjoy every moment of our day. In addition on our wedding day she had 2 assistants with her, who were equally as friendly and helpful. They all seemed very invested in ensuring that I had the best day ever (and I DID!). Like I said, hiring Amelia and Uncommon Camelia was the single best decision I made surrounding my wedding, I think. It was worth every penny and I would highly recommend anyone who is getting married to hire a DOC (unless of course you are lucky enough to afford a full wedding planner, though personally I enjoyed doing the planning parts myself), and when choosing a DOC or wedding planner I would say do your research, ask around, and you will soon see that UC's expertise and professionalism makes them the clear choice, hands down. Thank you Amelia and team!!
  • Madison
    Madison Married on 03/07/2020

Must have!

One of the best decisions I made in wedding planning was hiring Uncommon Camellia! I worked with multiple people along the way in my two years of planning (thanks covid) but was paired with Naomi as my lead coordinator. Naomi was a dream from the start! She is very professional, responsive, kind and funny! She helped ease my worries and kept me calm when I got stressed. The way she handled all communication with my vendors leading up to the big day was amazing and all my vendors had great things to say about her. The timeline she created was so detailed and organized, perfect for my type A brain. For the big day, Naomi and Laura made my vision come to life and I can’t thank them enough! They were both so fun and great to work with and made us feel like we had nothing to worry about all day, which we didn’t. I’d give them more stars if I could and recommend them to anyone getting married in Nola! Love, Madison & Taylor
  • Erin
    Erin F. Married on 02/29/2020

Peace of mind for party time

Booking Uncommon Camellia was the best decision that I made for my Leap Day wedding! When I met Ashley in May 2019, she was friendly, prompt, and organized; I knew without a doubt I would use UC day of wedding coordination. As a UC bride, you get so much more than just day of assistance; I handed the reins over to Ashley about six weeks before the wedding and it gave me such peace of mind leading up to the big day. Ashley and Natalie were phenomenal the day of the wedding; my family still talks about how great they were even a month later. During my reception, I didn’t have a care in the world and was able to celebrate with all my loved ones. It was an amazing party! Ashley and Natalie made sure all events: cake cutting, tosses, etc. happened on time and even delivered all of our belongings home after the reception, while we secondlined to the after-party. Many of my guests say it’s the best wedding they’ve attended and without Uncommon Camellia, I would not have enjoyed the wedding as much as they did. However, my husband and I had a blast! Thanks for being part of our Best Day!
  • W
    William Married on 12/13/2019

Best Decision We Made!

HEATHER SCHWANER — where do
    I even begin. She is an actual hero and I cannot imagine our wedding day without her. She handled every single detail and also gave us the space to enjoy our night 🙌🏼 Even when we forgot everything for our welcome table (and I mean EVERYTHING), she ran out last minute and got us a special Nola cocktail book for our guests to sign. Trust me — make your life easier and hire this woman, y’all... you will not regret it!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica S. Married on 12/10/2019

Every bride needs UC!

Best decision ever.
    I didn't want a wedding coordinator originally - I thought I could handle the organization myself and save on the expense. I was wrong.
    Uncommon Camellia came to my rescue and made the whole wedding planning process infinitely more enjoyable. I don't think our special day would have run as smoothly without the expertise and caring demonstrated at every turn by Ashley Brien and her assistant, Gabrielle. The wedding day itself was pure bliss, but the lead up was also exciting because Ashley took the time to brainstorm and nut out details with me. I cannot recommend Ashley and Uncommon Camellia highly enough. Every bride needs UC - there is no question about it!
    Jennifer L. Married on 12/10/2019

Best decision we made for the entire wedding!

We were referred to Uncommon Camellia by our vendor and we can't leave enough stars for what an incredible job Natalie did! Everyone always tells you how stressful weddings are, but we had not one ounce of stress the entire day of the wedding, largely due to the effort Natalie put into making it happen. She took over all of the vendor communication and details at about 6 weeks out, and we didn't have to worry about a thing from that point on. She created an amazing layout that catered to our wishes, and helped us figure out incredibly important details that could have tripped us up if we were on our own. There wasn't one point in the day where any of us needed something and had to go look for it, Natalie and her assistant Amber were on top of it all. Our guests and wedding party were amazed at the ease with which the entire process occurred and of what a happy and calm presence Natalie was. I truly can't thank Uncommon Camellia, and especially Natalie and Amber, enough. You helped make our wedding more than a wedding - we had a fairy tale day that we will remember the rest of our lives!
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 11/09/2019

Exceptional planning and coordination!!!

Hiring Amber W. as our Lead Coordinator from Uncommon Camellia was the absolute best decision I made when planning my wedding!!! It allowed me the time to focus on the details and decor that I created for my wedding. The Uncommon Camellia questionnaire was extremely thorough and was a great way to communicate all of the details I had in my head. They think of everything, and the best part is you hand over all of that important information to them and they to them execute it gracefully. I bonded with Amber very quickly after realizing her cool-calm nature was in sync with my calm easy going personality. I planned my entire wedding myself therefor in the weeks leading up to the wedding it became stressful to keep track of all of my vendors and contracts. This is where Amber excelled, we were in constant communication the month before the wedding and would even send me reminder texts of tasks I needed to accomplish. She brought me so much peace on my wedding day, she handled every situation of such ease and grace. Her assistant coordinators Maria and Ashley did an excellent job at the ceremony and reception as well. Both my hubby Brandon and I are very forgetful and usually always late, Amber quickly learned this about us and even sent Brandon a reminder text on the day of the wedding reminding him to bring his wedding ring. And guess what, Brandon had forgotten the ring and ran back home to get it before arriving.. that right there is exceptional service.
  • Alex
    Alex R. Married on 10/19/2019

Thank you Heather!

My husband and I got married in October 2019. We knew we didn't want to hire a full on wedding planner, but absolutely needed someone to help with smoothing out the final kinks and keeping everything on track and everyone in line on our big day. We picked Uncommon Camellia for the job and could not have imagined our day without them. Heather was a literal godsend in month leading up to the wedding. She contacted each individual vendor, identified timing issues we would have never uncovered (and that would have likely sent me into a meltdown day-of), reworked our wedding day timeline, and made sure everything went off without a hitch. She and her assistant Torie took all of our logistical anxieties away so that we were able to fully enjoy ourselves, our guests, and eachother on our wedding day, and we will be forever thankful to them for that! 100% recommend Uncommon Camellia, Heather, and Torie!
  • Chris
    Chris T. Married on 09/11/2019

Dream Team!!!

Our month of wedding coordinator, Natalie was simply amazing. We had been planning our dream destination wedding at the Marigny Opera House in New Orleans from San Francisco and needed someone to help put all the pieces together.

Fortunately, during our research, we stumbled upon Uncommon Camellia and immediately introduced to her as our lead wedding coordinator.

Natalie and the entire coordination team executed our entire wedding weekend seamlessly. From helping with the rehearsal, to finalizing details with our vendors, helping pick up supplies and offloading equipment, to ensuring the ceremony and decor were properly set up and up to par. She was a Wonder Woman!

I would highly recommend Natalie and the Uncommon Camellia team. Especially if you’re looking for a team that is diligent, has great attention to detail, and has the knowhow and expertise to deliver with flawless execution.
  • LESLEY
    Lesley J. Married on 09/07/2019

Day of Extraordinaire!

We have nothing but overwhelmingly positive things to say about Janet and the Uncommon Camellia crew! Janet had a lot of wisdom to impart on us given that this was our first wedding. She gave us a lot of things to consider, laid out a timeline and went above and beyond her "day-of" duties. She got on multiple phone calls, was accessible, provided extra walk through sessions and reminded us of deadlines. I guarantee that no other professional will devote that much time to you as much as Janet does. The day of our wedding, she and her assistant helped every guest have a wonderful time and stage-managed flawlessly. So thank you again Janet for investing your energy in such an unforgettable day!
  • Mike
    Mike K. Married on 09/01/2019

Above and Beyond

Amelie and Alexis were unbelievable during our wedding! Leading up to the event, they developed a comprehensive timeline of events for the wedding and kept it updated through various changes. They also communicated with all of our vendors to ensure they had the most up-to-date information. During the wedding day, Amelie and Alexis constantly made sure that events were running smoothly and were able to find solutions to unexpected challenges as they arose. On top of that, they went the extra mile by helping to transport so many things to and from our venues that would have made logistics a nightmare for us if not. All in all, they really came through for us to make our wedding the best day of our lives and we highly recommend them!