Uncommon Camellia Reviews

Uncommon Camellia 7
  • LESLEY

Lesley Jones · Married on 09/07/2019

Day of Extraordinaire!

We have nothing but overwhelmingly positive things to say about Janet and the Uncommon Camellia crew! Janet had a lot of wisdom to impart on us given that this was our first wedding. She gave us a lot of things to consider, laid out a timeline and went above and beyond her "day-of" duties. She got on multiple phone calls, was accessible, provided extra walk through sessions and reminded us of deadlines. I guarantee that no other professional will devote that much time to you as much as Janet does. The day of our wedding, she and her assistant helped every guest have a wonderful time and stage-managed flawlessly. So thank you again Janet for investing your energy in such an unforgettable day!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Mike

Mike Kjelson · Married on 09/01/2019

Above and Beyond

Amelie and Alexis were unbelievable during our wedding! Leading up to the event, they developed a comprehensive timeline of events for the wedding and kept it updated through various changes. They also communicated with all of our vendors to ensure they had the most up-to-date information. During the wedding day, Amelie and Alexis constantly made sure that events were running smoothly and were able to find solutions to unexpected challenges as they arose. On top of that, they went the extra mile by helping to transport so many things to and from our venues that would have made logistics a nightmare for us if not. All in all, they really came through for us to make our wedding the best day of our lives and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Forren · Married on 06/23/2019

Heaven Sent!

My daughter got married on June 23, 2019. Natalie & Ashley were absolutely heaven sent. They worked their booties off on a hot & humid NOLA summer day to help bring my daughter's "vision" to fruition. I can't say enough wonderful words about them. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Hope

Hope Martin · Married on 06/22/2019

Would hire again in a heartbeat!! My wedding was seamless!

I hired the uncommon camellia for my wedding in June 2019, and I knew that I was in good hands from the start.

I had a 300 person wedding, a large wedding party, and had the bride and groom sides getting ready in separate locations. Needless to say, there was a lot that needed to be coordinated on top of our work and medical school schedules.

Heather, my coordinator, was incredibly organized and had the most positive attitude. She was open to all of my ideas, always available via text, helped me find the right vendors for the glow items and cups, and solved problems as they came up. There was nothing she wasn’t willing to do.

In terms of their services, I liked how I was not bombarded with phone calls or meetings. There were only a few calls and one coordination form to fill out! She updated me with emails and texts along the way, which was perfect for my schedule. Additionally, Each member of my wedding party had a timeline highlighted with their specific times. This saved me from sending so many emails and texts.

My day of coordination went seamlessly, my guests had the best time, and both sets of parents enjoyed having heather and her assistant around. I would hire them in a heartbeat over again!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Lea

Lea · Married on 06/01/2019

Uncommon Camellia is FANTASTIC

I thought I could handle most wedding coordination being very organized and Type A but when it came down to the last few months, I decided day of coordination would make the whole day less stressful. It was THE BEST decision ever. All family and friends could enjoy the day so much more with Uncommon Camellia handling all of the logistics. Natalie was our lead day of coordinator. Natalie was so accommodating and helpful in every way possible. While I didn't get a chance to talk to the assistants, Courtney and Alexis, too much, I know they were critical in allowing the reception to run smoothly. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/05/2019

Don't wait - book uc now!

Are there more stars I can give? Seriously. Because I only wish I had more time with Natalie and Angela. Natalie was a dream come true. My husband and I planned our New Orleans, LA Wedding from NYC. We only made one trip down to do over 12 vendor meetings/visits and Natalie was one of those. Immediately we both loved her.

I have to say that I was extremely anxious about most aspected of planning, as to be expected, but the coordinator portion even more-so because it meant releasing control of everything I'd put together up to that point. I researched so many coordinators. SO many. Everyone was insanely expensive for basically doing no work...why would I be paying someone $5500 to do all the work I already did?! Then I stumbled upon Uncommon Camellia. I read a few reviews and we booked an appointment to meet someone...no preference, we didn't know them anyway.

When Natalie came in to Mojo Coffee last November with her folder and subway map timeline and made fun of my then fiance for wanting to put champagne in a plastic cup I about cried with joy. This was our girl.

She and Angela handled EVERYTHING with ease. It all happened so perfectly on 5/5/19 I didn't even realize stuff happened. Even people I didn't want around me ;)

I cannot say enough positive things about these women. They are smart, sassy and know their stuff. Book them fast before their calendars fill and you're SOL. If I could do it all over again I would book them 100% every time.

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Uncommon Camellia 8
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Wedding Coordinator Ever!!

AMAZING!!! You need to book Uncommon Camellia now for your month-of wedding coordination! I truly do not know what I would've done without Amelie and her assistant, Janet! About a month before the wedding, Amelie took over communications with all my vendors so I wasn't flooded with emails, which I appreciated since there was so much to be done leading up to the wedding day. She was always responsive to my emails and texts and asking if there was anything else I needed. And she came up with a detailed timeline for the vendors, wedding party, and myself to use on the day so we were all on the same page. (Yall, you need to see this thing, it's beyond helpful!) The day before the wedding, my fiancé and I had to change the format of our ceremony, which was really going to impact our timeline of events for the evening; but Amelie didn't skip a beat! She immediately had alternative timelines to present to us, communicated this change to all the vendors, and made the whole day run smoothly despite the last minute hiccup. Having Amelie and Janet on the day of the wedding took SO much stress and worry away (and boy am I a worrier, lol) so I was able live in the moment and enjoy myself!! Amelie really took the time to understand my vision and executed all the details we'd discussed to create a beautiful, fun, stress-free wedding! What more can a bride ask for?? I truly can't thank Amelie, Janet, and Uncommon Camellia enough for all their hard work and behind the scenes magic. I love these ladies! Book them now!! Your future self will thank you :)

Sent on 04/09/2019

Helen · Married on 04/06/2019

Great experience with Natalie and Rebecca

I had a great experience working with Natalie and Rebecca for my New Orleans wedding on April 6, 2019. Natalie was my lead coordinator, and from the start of the process she demonstrated excellent attention to detail and provided helpful tips based on her experience. She is personable and responsive, and I felt like my wedding would be in good hands.

Natalie did a great job confirming my vendor details and coordinating the rehearsal for my Catholic church ceremony. When I arrived at the venue on the wedding day, Natalie and Rebecca had set it up beautifully and exactly as I had envisioned. Natalie seemed to anticipate every need my husband and I had that day, and was always close by for anything that came up. I would definitely recommend Uncommon Camelia, and Natalie and Rebecca specifically, to other Louisiana brides.

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 04/01/2019

Couldn't have done it without them

I worked with Natalie from Uncommon Camellia for Wedding coordination and i think it was one of the best choices i made, she was consistent, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Natalie made sure i had all the resources that i needed and knew what to say when i needed help or reassurance. She was always quick to respond to emails, texts and calls. She knew exactly what to do when our tent was placed in the yard incorrectly, and came up with a solution that turned out amazing. She coordinated our rehearsal and told each person exactly what to do and when to show up. Then on the day of the wedding EVERYTHING went PERFECTLY. She was assisted by Amelia on the day of and they both made it the best day of my life! My husband did not even understand what a coordinator was supposed to do and the day after he said we could not have done it without them!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Miranda

Miranda & Bill Saunders · Married on 03/23/2019

Heather was fantastic!!

We planned our wedding in NOLA from out of town and are so thankful we decided to hire a DOC. Heather was fantastic through the entire planning process and coordinated our day perfectly. When an unforeseen issue with our transportation presented itself, Heather handled the situation flawlessly so we did not have to. We can't say enough great things about Heather and Uncommon Camellia! If you're considering hiring a wedding coordinator we highly recommend using this team and their services.

Sent on 04/09/2019
    Uncommon Camellia 13
    Uncommon Camellia 14

Jessica · Married on 03/15/2019

Excellent Experience!

Adrienne and Uncommon Camellia were the BEST investment in our wedding. They really made the weeks leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding so stress free for us. I could not imagine having done all the final details the weeks and days before the wedding without Adrienne. If you are even sort of considering hiring them, you will not regret it. If you have any doubt about hiring them, don't. Just do it. Thank you for everything Uncommon Camellia!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Kerrilee

Kerrilee · Married on 02/17/2019

The best decision I ever made!

Natalie and Ashley were just amazing! I wasn't sure I needed to hire a planner, but when I spoke with Natalie there was no question about needing/wanting a planner. From the beginning Natalie was so easy to talk and work with. She gave me honest answers and helped guide me through the last parts of planning my perfect day. When the day came Natalie and Ashley were amazing! They were beyond helpful, and they were so kind to my family and bridal party as well! My day would not have been as amazing as it was if Natalie and Ashley were not apart of it!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Caitlyn Blanchard · Married on 12/08/2018

The Best Decision

Having Uncommon Camellia for month-of coordination made A WORLD of difference. Adrienne was FANTASTIC and everything went off without any hiccups, exactly as I had envisioned. Dawn was awesome with having the venue prepared and we are so grateful for their presence during this time.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Tori Rawson · Married on 12/08/2018

This was easily the best money we spent during wedding planning

can not say enough about Amelie.

I do not want to know how our wedding would've been without her. We hired Uncommon Camellia for Day of Coordinator. 6 weeks prior to our wedding date Amelie reached out for timeline and vendor information and immediately I felt a weight lift off of my shoulders. She was so pleasant and organized. She asked all the right questions and really made me feel at ease throughout the entire process. Leading up to the wedding, Amelie and I were in steady contact. The day of timeline was incredible, leaving no detail out. They seriously think of everything!

The day of, we also had a chance to meet and work with Ashley. Both Amelie and Ashley took all of our DIY setups like champions. They were there to make every little thing go as smoothly as possible with smiles on their faces. I really wish I could convey exactly all they did for us in words. Every little thing was so perfect thanks to their orchestrating and we can not thank them enough for all the work they did with our vendors, families, and us on our wedding day.

To Amelie and Ashley, thank you for being so incredible. You both helped to make my day, from getting ready to leaving our venue, so insanely wonderful and your presence alone kept me so calm and sane. You truly brought my year of planning to life and it was so much more than I ever thought it could be. YOU ARE THE BEST.

I would highly recommend these ladies to absolutely anyone. This was easily the best money we spent during wedding planning and was the reason our wedding day so incredibly perfect.

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • O

Olivia Osborne · Married on 12/01/2018

Wedding Coordinator

Amazing experience with Natalie! Took all the stress out of the weeks up to and the wedding day itself. Wedding was beyond our wildest expectations and I largely credit this to our coordinator. I would absolutely recommend it's worth every penny.

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 11/17/2018

Wedding Day Smooth Sailing Thanks to UC

Janet and Angela from Uncommon Camellia are amazing! From planning a minute by minute timeline for our big day to putting on their florist hats and switching hideous green flowers to white roses in my bridesmaids bouquets at the last minute. Everything was taken care of for us. Even when random issues popped up they handled them perfectly with minimal effort on my part which realzived so much stress from my mom and I. A few family members questioned us about getting day of coordinators, but as our perfect day wrapped up everyone was amazed at how efficiently everything was run and how beautiful everything looked. You cannot go wrong having Uncommon Camellia as the coordinators for your big day!

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Tara

Tara Schwaner · Married on 11/10/2018

Adrienne and her team are nothing short of amazing!!

Adrienne and her team are nothing short of amazing!! From the beginning they treated us like family and made us feel so comfortable. We knew we were in good hands and could trust them to help make our wedding dreams come true. Even with the stresses that came with the big day, they knew exactly how to handle everything with grace and ease. From technical troubleshooting to decorating and setup, Kim, Rebecca and Dawn made our vision come alive and helped to make our day that much more special. We honestly can’t thank them enough for helping to make our day amazing and memorable for everyone.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Alden · Married on 11/03/2018

TOTAL ROCKSTARS. Do yourself a favor and hire them.

One of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Uncommon Camellia and working with Heather. Worth every damn penny (and they're very affordable compared to many). I think we booked for day or week of services but we got so. much. more! We were planning from Chicago and Heather joined us during our venue walkthru back in July so she could meet us. It ended up being more than just a meet and greet and she was so helpful that day. We were juggling a lot of stress, many (MANY) family dynamics and planning from a distance but Heather took it all in stride, kept us (re: me) calm and made the day a big success. With her and Dawn on the scene, we were able to relax. Starting Thursday evening, we were able to answer most questions/requests from bridal party and family with "ask Heather". We were really able to be present on the day-of because Heather and Dawn took care of it all and made the fun, laid-back day we had envisioned into a reality. They embraced everything we wanted to do! My husband is of few words when it comes to anything wedding related but he raved about how great Heather was. Probably because she made sure that we had alone time which is key to a successful day when you're marrying an introvert. TOTAL ROCKSTARS. Do yourself a favor and hire them.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Brooke

Brooke Blount · Married on 10/20/2018

Natalie is the greatest

Organized, friendly, knowledgeable. I’m very high strung and Natalie made the wedding day run so smoothly. She made sure everything was perfect and in place. She did everything and more I asked her to do! Natalie is well worth every penny!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2018

Choosing Amelie and Uncommon Camellia for our day-of wedding coordination was the SINGLE BEST wedding decision we made during our planning process. Words cannot even begin to describe how wonderful Amelie is, but I will try to summarize it in this review. She is extremely responsive, organized, punctual, detail-oriented, professional, positive, sweet, and she knows her stuff! She thought of details and had plans for things I never even knew I had to think about. A month before the wedding, Amelie took over all communications with the vendors and always kept us in the loop of updates and changes; she took away all the stress that comes with dealing with multiple vendors. She was on top of every detail and I never once worried that she missed anything. She promptly answered every email/text/call we sent her, no matter the day of week or time of day. She addressed every single concerned we had during the planning process and even post wedding. We were worried about rain and she helped us come up with not one, but two different rain plans. We wanted to change the Second Line parade route the day before the wedding - I know, sounds impossible with the permits and police escorts - but she made it happen! There were some complications the day of the wedding, but she handled it without us or any of the guests knowing about it. She took all the stress away and allowed us to enjoy the wedding to its fullest potential. Amelie was such a joy to work with and I cannot imagine pulling off our wedding without her. She really went above and beyond to make our wedding flawless. I don’t know how else to praise her, but if I did, I would! Don’t make the mistake of not hiring Amelie for your wedding coordination!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Candache

Candace · Married on 10/05/2018

Best decision we made!

I was planning our New Orleans destinmation wedding from our home in NYC. My hsuband and I had a long engagement, so we had two years of planning. We got towards the end of planning, and withou about three months to go I had a massive panic attack and just couldnt do it on my own anymore. My husband calmed me down and told me to find someone I'd feel comfortable working with and go from there. I searched on the wedding sites and within abiout an hour of looking came across Uncommon Camellia. I was contacted by Heather, she immediately made me feel at ease with a quick call and I hired her as my coordinator that same week. I, in all honesty, could not have pulled off our wedding without her and Dawn. Heather was a dream, a true life saver when I was drowning in a sea of planning without really knowing how to swim.
    I had most of the planning taken care of, so I handed over my almost two years of work to her, and finally breathed a sign of relief. I knew our wedding was in excellent hands and boy was I right. People are still talking about our magical fairy tale wedding.
    Heather went above and beyond for us, she even let me mail my MOHs dress to her when we realized it wouldn't ship to NY in time. During our phone calls and meetings the week of the wedding, she continued to calm me down and keep me positive. We held a rehersal the evening before the wedding and i remember thinking "thank God I have Heather" and my mom turned to me, her eyebrows furrowed and said "Candace...I love you, and your amazing, but you couldn't not have done this without her, thank God you found her." I laughed and told her i had been thinking the exact same thing.
    I was running behind getting ready on the morning of the wedding, and there was a few things I hadn't gotten around to doing before the wedding, and while i was being a bridezilla/ chicken with it's head cut off, she brought me back to reality and calmed my frayed nerves, gathered all my unfinished tasks and took them from me and somehow, magically made them come to fruition. Not only was she a pseudo therapist for me, Heather, Dawn and the team of the Bourbon Orleans Hotel (where we were married) transformed our ceremony and reception space into the most beautiful, magical, romantic space. When I finally saw the space I almost cried because it was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined, took my breath away. Heather and Dawn were amazing during the reception as well, helping my mom bsutle my duress, getting us our drinks, making sure we ate, making the party flow perfectley, and keepiung us calm all the while. I kept telling them, but I relly couldnt have done it without them and I am forever thankful and grateful that they were there with me to make our big day the best of our lives and better than the wedding of our dreams. There is so much more to say, so many more songs of praise, but I'll leave this here so that every prospective bride that might be struggling with planning, or is simply looking for a planner/coordinator from day one, reads this can rest assured that with Uncommon Camellia and with Heather and Dawn that your day will not only be the best of you life, but better than you could have ever imagined.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Uncommon Camellia 15
    Uncommon Camellia 16
    Uncommon Camellia 17

Dana · Married on 09/29/2018

Natalie and her team were tremendously helpful in the planning stages and absolutely fantastic when it came to execution. Their attention to detail and thoughtful suggestions made all the difference, and they were outstanding to work with! Uncommon Camellia helped us pull off a true dream wedding, even though I was a super lazy bride who had to be nudged about a million times to do things and make decisions... and Natalie had such patience with me! :) I highly recommend.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

Uncommon Camellia did a superb job executing all of the details of my wedding. They kept the timeline on track and managed all my vendors beautifully. My vendors were also very appreciative of the courteous and respect they showed them throughout the entire process.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Stephanie · Married on 08/25/2018

My husband and I cannot say enough about just how amazing Heather and Janet were at our wedding. We got married on August 25, 2018 at Audubon Park. I had a general idea for our wedding and Heather made it a beautiful reality. I tend to be a pretty organized person and I was absolutely blown away by Heather’s level of organization with our day of timeline. She assured that our entire day ran smoothly and was more beautiful than I even imagined. Thanks to all of their hard work we were able to have a fun and relaxing wedding day, which was my number one wish for our wedding. If you are looking for someone to assist you in making your dream wedding a reality I highly recommend Heather and Janet!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Madeline · Married on 06/01/2018

We've told so many people that booking Uncommon Camellia was the absolute BEST decision we made when planning our wedding. Six weeks up until the wedding I worked with our wedding coordinator Amélie, who is hands down one of the calmest, sweetest, and most organized people I've ever met. She asked me the questions I didn't know I needed to answer, and made sure the weeks up until the wedding everything was scheduled and every vendor knew what they needed to do and when. When a furniture rental layout disaster became apparent a week before the wedding, she took action immediately and helped me navigate through it. She had everything documented in a wedding timeline that all of my other vendors used, and her and Natalie were incredibly helpful on the day of, making sure I knew where I needed to be and when - same with my husband, my family, everyone. All of the tiny details that I was terrified were going to get overlooked were top of mind for them. I've already recommended Amélie and Uncommon Camellia to my best friend getting married, and she's already booked them too!

Sent on 07/05/2018